What Is Tantric Massage?
- 1 What does a tantric massage do?
- 2 What is the difference between a tantric massage and a normal massage?
- 3 What are the five forbidden things in Tantra?
- 4 Does massage create intimacy?
- 5 What is the most pleasurable type of massage?
- 6 What is the most intimate way to hug?
- 7 Can you do tantric massage on yourself?
- 8 What to expect at a tantric retreat?
What does a tantric massage do?
How to give a tantric massage for steamy, intimate foreplay is a massage technique that involves your full body — including your intimate areas. The goal is to awaken your sexual energy, deepen the intimacy between you and your partner, and increase mindfulness of sexual pleasure and your body. Here’s what you need to know about the benefits of tantric massage and how to give one to your partner.
What is involved in a tantric session?
Tantra is an ancient Indian practice that dates back more than 5,000 years. In Sanskrit, the word tantra means woven together, People who practice Buddhist and Hindu meditation may also practice tantric sex as a way to “weave” the physical with the spiritual,
This practice brings together spirituality and sexuality and emphasizes the importance of intimacy during a sexual experience. However, tantra isn’t just about sexual pleasure. It’s more about celebrating your body and feeling heightened sensuality. The practice intertwines spirituality, sexuality, and a state of mindfulness,
It encourages a sensual experience that may be experienced alone or with a partner. The goal of tantric sex is to achieve spiritual or energetic contact during a sensual experience. This practice is slow and the aim is not always to achieve orgasm, Instead, it’s about feeling a connection either to your partner or to yourself that’s both intense and enlightened.
- It includes breathing, sounds, and movements to activate sexual energy.
- Tantra isn’t just a sexual practice.
- It’s an Eastern philosophy that includes several spiritual concepts.
- Tantric techniques include breathing, yoga, and meditation that can then increase sexual energy.
- A common misconception about tantric sex is that it involves wild, uninhibited sexual experiences.
While tantric techniques can open you up to new sensations, it’s as much a mental practice as a spiritual one. Another misconception around tantra is that it’s always necessary to have a partner. While many couples practice tantric sex together, it can also be an individual practice.
- In reality, genital contact or intercourse doesn’t even have to happen to have a tantric experience.
- Sexual intercourse can enhance your experience, but you can also practice tantra to feel more connected to your own mind and body and give yourself pleasure.
- In fact, those who practice tantric techniques, or follow the tantric path, have the overall goal of freeing the soul and expanding consciousness.
This can be done in a number of ways, tantric sex being just one of them. Tantric sex also isn’t about bending into strenuous poses or positions. It’s about being close to your partner in a way that’s comfortable for you. You have the freedom to move and touch however you and your partner decide is best.
As you look for information on tantric sex, a few words come up over and over again: tantra, tantric sex, and neotantra. These terms often get used interchangeably, but it’s important to note there are some small differences between tantra and neotantra. Tantra, as mentioned, is the ancient Eastern practice that developed more than 5,000 years ago.
Neotantra is the modern, Westernized version that’s associated with new religious movements. Neotantra is a modern, New Age look at the ancient tantric texts. This means that neotantra includes some unorthodox practices and techniques that aren’t necessarily used by those that follow the traditional path of tantra.
To explore tantric sex, there are a few techniques that you can try to get ready. The first thing to do is to create the right environment. A good place to practice tantric techniques should be a place that’s comfortable and free from distractions. Once you’ve found your preferred place, it’s time to relax and settle in.
Meditation. Whether you’ve practiced meditation before or not, this simply means taking a moment to be aware of your surroundings. Use your senses to really absorb everything going on around you. Breathing. Inhale deeply and slowly, then exhale and empty out your lungs.
Repeat this until you have rhythm. The goal with tantric breathing is to breathe deep enough to start to feel sensation in your sex organs. Movement. Lay flat on your back and let go of tension. As you breathe, arch your back and lift up your pelvis. You can repeat this to create a rhythm and feel yourself letting go of stress and starting to connect with your body and emotions.
Many couples practice tantric sex to feel connected to their partner on a higher level. Tantric techniques help to form close, intimate contact and allow you and your partner to explore each other’s bodies. You both can discover what you really like and you can teach your partner along the way.
Tantric sex is meant to be slow and satisfying, and sessions are typically quite long. Many people aim at putting off orgasm to enjoy the closeness and intimacy as long as possible. If you’re ready to explore tantric sex with your partner, the first thing you can practice together is eye contact. Start out by facing your partner, clothes on, and look at each other in the eyes.
Practice the breathing techniques and synchronize your breath. Once you’ve gotten into a rhythm, you can begin to incorporate tantric techniques. After you undress, you can begin touching, feeling, and moving with your partner however feels best for you.
Is tantric massage good or bad?
Reduce stress and anxiety – One of the primary reasons people seek out massage therapy is to reduce stress and anxiety. A tantric massage can help lower your heart rate and cortisol levels, and it can also promote relaxation by increasing levels of oxytocin or the feel-good hormone.
What is the difference between a tantric massage and a normal massage?
What Is Tantric Massage? – According to Oxford Languages, Tantra dates back to around about the 7th century and was a series of esoteric scriptures found in Hindu and Buddhist faiths. The word itself literally translates as to weave or to balance and so if we apply this to what we understand Tantra to be today, it is to weave together the elements of ourselves that help us to find balance and connection with others.
- Traditionally, a was achieved through the practice of mantras, meditation, yoga, and spiritual rituals including massage.
- Nowadays, it is predominantly associated with sex and whilst there is most certainly a link, there is way more to this practice than sex alone.
- So how then does Tantra apply to massage? What makes a tantric massage different to say a Swedish or Thai massage? Tantric massage is a that focuses on certain chakras to help move energy around the body and to arouse sexual energy.
It requires the deepest level of relaxation from the recipient in order to build up waves of energy and as such it is the masseur’s job to really connect with the person they are massaging and to gauge how they respond to their touch. It is the ultimate release if you like, a chance to free yourself of all inhibitions, to overcome negative barriers, and to become emotionally enlightened and empowered.
How to do a tantric hug?
|A melting hug or full chakra hug has the major benefit of deep connecting and relaxing both partners. In tantra, the melting hug is used to bring you both into your body as you become fully present with each other. The idea is to hug through your breath, both of you breathing in a synchronistic, unifying way. you wish to feel deeply connected with someone, try using this hug. To practice this, exchange a melting hug with your beloved for about three minutes. Just be with each other in a hug without doing anything else. Notice after you separate if you held your breath. If so why? How did you feel, relaxed or tense? Do you feel some resistance? If so, did this resistance signal some limits or boundaries that you were sensing? Does that express your fear of intimacy? What position were your bodies in during the hug? Next, sit facing each other and take turns sharing with your partner what came up for you. Have your partner just be present and listen, without commenting. Then switch. Were you in a Donald Duck hug; i.e., you both stuck your hip out and hugged each other from the waist up? If so, this ‘just-friends’ hug says, “Let’s not get too close!” together. You need not make any effort. In this enjoyable exercise, you welcome, receive and dissolve into each other. If either of you starts wanting to pull away, say out loud, I’m feeling scared’. You partners says, “I love you, and you are safe with me.” See if you can stay and breathe together through the fear ( and maybe tears) Perform the full-chakra hug when you both first get home at the end of your work day. For a few minutes, just silently hug each other instead of sharing your day’s highlights which generates feelings of disconnection. You will be amazed at the empowering, revitalizing effects the melting hug has on you both.
What is the power of tantric massage?
Balancing energies: – At its essence, Tantric massage is a powerful path of awakening, with the ultimate aim to experience union within – of all polarities – masculine and feminine, consciousness and form, spirituality and sexuality. It is a path that helps us experience the fullest spectrum of our being, from our humanity to our divinity, whilst leaving no grey areas in between.
- It helps us feel whole and integrated; and experience the fullest spectrum of our lives; happy, healthy and whole.
- One of the basic practices of Tantra is honoring the Shiva and Shakti – (masculine and feminine) energies – as the two universal guiding principles of our existence.
- Shiva is consciousness and pure awareness and Shakti is manifestation or form.
When these two universal energies are in balance, we move through life and relationships with harmony and flow. Often, we are drawn to one another in order to balance ourselves out. Females hold slightly more Shakti or feminine qualities, and men hold slightly more Shiva or masculine qualities.
What are the five forbidden things in Tantra?
Symbolic meaning – In the introduction of his translation of the Mahanirvana Tantra, Sir John Woodroffe, under the pseudonym Arthur Avalon, describes the individual makara, He states that they include madya (wine), mamsa (meat), matsya (fish), mudra (parched grain), and maithuna (sexual intercourse).
He describes both the symbolic and ritualistic significance of each element: madya represents a state of divine ecstasy, mamsa symbolizes the embrace of life’s vitality, matsya signifies fluidity and adaptability in spirituality, mudra stands for sustenance on physical and spiritual levels, and maithuna represents the union of opposing forces for spiritual transformation.
According to Woodroffe, these elements take on varying meanings depending on whether they are employed in Tamasika, Rajasika, or Sattvika sadhanas, reflecting different aspects of human existence and spirituality.
How do I prepare for a Tantra session?
Preparing for Session Spiritual, mental, and physical preparation is a key component of Tantra. The experience will be greatly enhanced if you enter the session with an open heart, conscious awareness and an available body. Whether consciously or unconsciously, the preparation begins even before your scheduled appointment.
New clients in particular, should establish a clear intention for the impending Tantric session. It’s important to remember that the path of Tantra is very spiritual. Tantra explores our mind, body, and soul as a conscious meditation. The act of setting your intention will create an opening for the session to unfold naturally and in harmony with the physical and cosmic energies contained within you.
You will want to prepare your mind, body, and spirit for the experience. Empowering Your Spiritual Goddess Energy Within : Preparing for Session
What are the two stages of the tantra process?
Sarma (New Translation schools) – The Sarma, “New Translation” schools of Tibetan Buddhism ( Gelug, Sakya, Kagyu, Jonang ) classify tantric practices and texts into four categories or “doors” of entry. They are classified according to the capacity of persons who they were taught for, as well as according to the strength of how they use desire and the specific types of methods they employ.
- Kriya yoga (Tib. bya ba, Action yoga) – These were taught for practitioners of lower ability who have an inclination for performing many external ritual activities. The level of desire they use is said to be similar to a couple laughing together. It includes various practices for deities such as Medicine Buddha, “the eleven faced” Chenrezig and Vajrapani. In action tantra, there are numerous ritual actions to be done before the yogi sits to meditate. These involve the use of mudras and mantras in various acts of purification and protection such as ritual bathing, the sprinkling of scented water and the creation of a circle of protection. There are also various prescriptions dealing with eating, drinking, and clothing. According to Kongtrül, in Kriya Yoga, one relates to the deity as a subject relates to their lord and only meditates on an external deity (not on oneself as being the deity).
- Charya yoga ( spyod pa, Performance yoga) – Meant for practitioners of middle ability. According to Tsongkhapa, it is for “those who balance external activities and internal meditative stabilization without relying on very many activities.” The level of desire they use is said to be similar to a couple gazing into each other’s eyes. It includes practice lineages for the Mahāvairocana Tantra, for the Vajrapāṇi Initiation Tantra and for Manjughosha, According to Kongtrul, in this type of practice, “the deity is like a sibling or friend.”
- Yoga tantra ( rnal’byor ) – Meant for practitioners of high ability who “mainly rely on meditative stabilization and rely on only few external activities.” The level of desire they use is said to be similar to a couple holding hands or embracing. Yoga refers to the union or yoking of method and wisdom. One sees one’s body, speech and mind as inseparably united with those of the deity. Some Vajrasattva practices fall under this category, as well as the Tattvasaṃgraha Tantra and the Vajraśekhara Tantra,
- Anuttara yoga tantra ( rnal ‘byor bla med, Unexcelled or Highest Yoga) – Meant for practitioners of the highest ability who do not rely on external activities. It uses the highest level of desire, sexual union and is thus also designated the “tantra of union of the two.” It is also distinguished in that in some cases, an actual person can act as one’s consort. This category includes all the “Yogini” type tantras (also known as “father & mother”) in which one finds fierce deities in sexual union, including Kālacakra, Hevajra, Cakrasaṃvara, Guhyasamāja, etc. According to Kongtrül, only Highest Yoga includes both the generation and completion phases. Kongtrül also states that this is the type of practice most emphasized in the Himalayan regions.
Deity yoga ( Wylie : lha’i rnal ‘byor ; Sanskrit: devata-yoga ) is the main method in Buddhist tantra and it is found in all four classes of tantra. It relies on the imagination to visualize a Buddhist deity (usually a Buddha). In Action, Performance and Yoga Tantra (known as “the lower tantras”), practice is divided into yoga with signs (where the focus is on the deity’s appearance and emptiness) and yoga without signs (which is mainly concerned with meditation on emptiness).
What are the risks of tantric massage?
Nuru massage is a Japanese form of sensual massage. Because it does not involve the exchange of bodily fluids, there is a very low likelihood of contracting HIV through this type of massage. Nuru massage involves the use of a masseuse’s body to massage their client.
- There is a very low likelihood of contracting HIV through this practice, as it does not involve the exchange of bodily fluids.
- While people do not usually exchange bodily fluids through nuru massage, a person may contract other diseases.
- For example, individuals can transmit some sexually transmitted infections (STIs) through genital skin-to-skin contact.
In this article, we look at what nuru massage is, its disease transmission risk, and more. Nuru massage is a type of sensual massage originating in Japan. The word “nuru” translates to “slippery,” referring to the masseuse’s technique of using their oiled body to massage a client.
- First, a masseuse covers their body in nuru gel, which consists of natural ingredients, such as extracts from seaweed and various botanicals, in a water mixture.
- The massage typically takes place on an air mattress or waterproof surface.
- The masseuse then uses their body to massage their client.
- They will use different body-to-body techniques to relax and, in some cases, arouse them.
The risk of contracting HIV during a nuru massage is low. This is because the virus spreads through a transfer of bodily fluids, such as blood, semen, and vaginal fluids. Because nuru massage does not involve these fluids, the risk of HIV transmission is very low.
sex sharing needles, syringes, or other drug-injection equipmentbeing stuck with a needle carrying the infection
In very rare cases, a person may contract HIV from deep, open-mouth kissing. However, this can only occur if both partners have bleeding gums or mouth sores and blood from an individual with the infection gets into the bloodstream of their kissing partner.
- HIV is not transmissible through sweat, tears, saliva, or sexual activities not involving bodily fluids, such as massage,
- While there is little-to-no risk of HIV transmission without an exchange of bodily fluids, people who receive massages may be at risk of contracting other diseases.
- Some STIs, such as syphilis, genital herpes, and human papillomavirus, can spread through genital skin-to-skin contact,
In cases of sensual massage, such as nuru, where genitals may come into contact with each other, a person may be at risk of these infections. During other types of massage, the likelihood of transmitting infections is very low. However, a person may be at risk of developing health complications if they receive a massage while they have certain other conditions, which may include :
an acute inflammatory condition, such as rheumatoid arthritis or inflammation from an injuryan infectious illness, such as flu or hepatitis skin disorders, including herpes simplex, tinea, and scabies thrombosis, or blood clots, as a massage may dislodge a blood clot and redirect it toward the lungs
The risk of contracting HIV or any other STI reduces significantly when a person uses barrier contraception during sex. Even if an individual does not plan to have penetrative sex, they may still wear a condom during sexual acts to decrease their risk of contracting an STI.
If a person is HIV negative, they can take certain prescription medicines to prevent contracting the virus. These include options such as preexposure prophylaxis, Additionally, people living with HIV can greatly reduce their chances of transmitting HIV to others by taking antiretroviral therapy to treat the virus.
Nuru is a Japanese form of sensual massage that involves the masseuse using their body to massage a client. Because there is no transfer of bodily fluids, there is a low risk of contracting HIV during this type of massage.
Should you massage your privates?
Vaginal Massage: The Ultimate Guide Updated 01 February 2023 | Published 30 December 2019 Flo Fact-Checking Standards Every piece of content at Flo Health adheres to the highest editorial standards for language, style, and medical accuracy. To learn what we do to deliver the best health and lifestyle insights to you, check out,
In general, massages are intended to relieve tension, improve circulation, and melt away stress. But does the same go for vaginal massage? Here’s Flo’s comprehensive overview of vaginal massage, including its health advantages and potential safety concerns. Vaginal massage is exactly what it sounds like: a massage that targets the area in and around your,
Also known as yoni massage, vaginal massage has been around for centuries, and it’s believed to have originated in Tantric philosophy. In the ancient Indian language of Sanskrit, the word “yoni” means womb. Within this sacred context, a woman’s womb connotes an energetic space where the source of all power and creation lives.
For this reason, vaginal massage was more of a spiritual practice than an overtly sexual one. Today, vaginal massage is a specialized technique involving your vulva, and in some cases, the inside of your vaginal canal. You may engage in vaginal massage by yourself, with the help of a partner, or a vaginal massage practitioner.
Although scientific research has yet to definitively prove the claims made by experts in vaginal massage, the practice is becoming increasingly popular for its purported benefits. Vaginal massage is said to improve vaginal sensitivity, alleviate tension in your vaginal walls, and even enhance your sex life.
Vaginal massage is capable of being a pleasurable experience and could help heighten sexual enjoyment. The characteristics of a vagina massage will vary depending on who is performing the procedure. Note, the final goal of the massage isn’t necessarily to, However, vaginal massage is capable of being a pleasurable experience and could help heighten sexual enjoyment.
If you decide to opt for a vaginal massage from a qualified practitioner, they may first massage your body. It’ll allow you to relax a bit and become more receptive to a vagina massage. They may also encourage you to try certain breathing techniques or visualization exercises. Get answers to the most common questions, chat with our friendly chatbot and join other people around the world in secret chats. Anecdotal evidence suggests a number of reasons for seeking a vaginal massage. Whether it’s to explore your or recover from physical trauma, vaginal massage can do the following things:
It stimulates blood flow and increases circulation, which is beneficial if you experience numbness or pain in the area during sex. Vaginal massage is known to offer some relief from the physical pain associated with childbirth. Some use vaginal massage as a treatment therapy after experiencing sexual violence or trauma. In a clinical context, vaginal massage is sometimes referred to as pelvic floor massage (PFM). PFM often serves as a remedy for myofascial pelvic pain, pelvic floor dysfunction, vulvodynia, or, Vaginal massage positively contributes to your overall health and emotional well-being, with the potential to deliver an,
Why you should care about your pelvic floor Read medically reviewed articles on topics like this It’s important to remember that vaginal massage isn’t a regulated type of massage. That means anyone could claim to be an expert in the practice without formal credentials. If you choose to receive a vaginal massage from someone other than your partner, then here are a few key safety tips:
Do your research on vaginal massage practitioners. See if they have any online reviews or client testimonials. Other alternative health care providers, like a sex therapist or pelvic health specialist, might be able to make a referral. Speak with your vaginal massage practitioner beforehand. Share your concerns and ask them questions so you know what to expect before booking a vaginal massage. Remember, it’s your choice. You should never expect to receive a vaginal massage without providing explicit consent for one. You have the option to change your mind at any time. If you’re getting a vaginal massage and something doesn’t feel right, or you don’t want to continue, speak up. You have every right to end the massage whenever you wish.
Self-massage is an excellent way for you to learn about what makes your body feel good. Plus, the more you know about what you like in bed, the better you’ll be able to communicate that to your, Take your time to explore different hand movements in and around your vagina, like pressing, pulsing, rubbing, or circling to see what you enjoy.
- Although self-massage may lead you to, that doesn’t have to be the end goal.
- To engage in vaginal massage, start by caressing your whole body, including your breasts and any other erogenous zones.
- Then, gently touch the surface of your vulva, including the vaginal lips, pubis, perineum, and clitoris.
Take slow, deep breaths as you touch your vagina and notice any sensations that arise. Take your time to explore different hand movements in and around your vagina, like pressing, pulsing, rubbing, or circling to see what you enjoy. Also consider using a yoni egg, which is designed specifically to insert into your vagina during vaginal massage.
It stimulates and tones the muscles of your vaginal walls. Discuss sensitive topics, anonymously. Flo Secret Chats is a safe space where you can discuss and share your experiences with other people around the globe. Vaginal massage is gaining in popularity as a way for women to experience better sex and enhanced pleasure.
Just be sure to seek out a professional vaginal massage practictioner you trust. Or simply try a vagina massage on your own, or with a partner, to reap the benefits. Current version (01 February 2023) Published (30 December 2019) : Vaginal Massage: The Ultimate Guide
Does massage create intimacy?
Building Intimacy With Massage Massage has many mental and physical benefits that promote overall wellbeing. Soft and light touch activates the parasympathetic nervous system, which allows the recipient to get into a relaxed state of mind. Deep and therapeutic touch releases tension that’s been built up and stored in the tissues for days or sometimes much longer, thus promoting healing.
- Sensual, sexual and emotional touch promotes intimacy and connection with your partner.
- Skin contact with a partner releases chemicals that foster bonding.
- Massage has so many healing properties and can lead to hours of entertainment, relaxation and excitement.
- Imagine how massage could be used as relaxation, healing, connection and even foreplay for the overstretched dad or workaholic wife who needs a little extra something to connect to their own body, or simply relax and even get in the mood to be close.
Touch can often surpass words. Not only is your partner going to gain something through the process of being touched, but will also appreciate being in the receiving role of some extra attention and affection. Additionally, the act of giving can be connecting, healing, and even exciting and arousing.
- As a giver, you have the opportunity to really take in those parts of your partner’s body that make you feel aroused, be it their firm and bulging muscles, squishy, soft curves, or sleek and slender physique.
- As a giver you may get aroused by paying attention to the smell and feel of your partner’s skin, and revel in the enjoyment of knowing that it’s your touch that is creating so much pleasure! Massage also gives you a fun tool to practice communicating your likes and dislikes with a partner, which can sometimes feel intimidating or uncomfortable, especially around sexuality.
Techniques For Building Intimacy With Massage Step 1: Set The Scene You can do a massage with clothes on, but it will be easier to see and feel what you’re doing, and possibly more enjoyable for both of you, with clothes off. Being naked increases your vulnerability, which, with a trusted partner, can enhance the experience and be a super sexy part of building intimacy with massage.
- As they say at the spa, undress to your comfort level! As the Giver, you can “set the stage” for the type of experience you want your partner to have.
- You can enhance the romance by dimming the lights, lighting candles or incense, and putting on relaxing music.
- At some points in this exercise, you may want to use a lubricant on the skin.
Any massage oil will work. For sensitive skin, coconut or jojoba oil are great choices and can be found at most drug and food stores. Jojoba oil is special because it is similar to the sebum that your skin naturally produces. Lotion is an option but will absorb quickly into the skin, causing frequent interruptions to reapply.
- You can always lay a towel or soft sheet down to avoid getting your bed or couch greasy.
- Your partner can be sitting up or lying face down with head turned to either side, while you straddle their butt or sit to their side, whichever is most comfortable for both of you.
- Make adjustments as you need to.
Step 2: A Little Anatomy Lesson Before you start, it is important to have an understanding of anatomy. Massage is great for skin and muscles, but less so for bones. Notice how the spine runs from the base of your skull all the way to where your hips connect to your butt and along the center of the spine you can feel tiny bones sticking up.
- Avoid putting pressure on these bones along the center of the spine.
- You will notice that on either side there is softer tissue.
- This is muscle that loves being pressed.
- Other important bones to avoid applying direct pressure on are the scapulas.
- These are the triangular shaped bones that hold your shoulders in place.
You will notice the scapula protrudes if you put your hand behind your back and try gently to reach your other shoulder. Be mindful not to press too hard where the bone pops out. However, like the spine, the muscles around the scapula are massage gold.
In addition to being mindful of bones, some people find areas like their sides, neck or hips to be more sensitive, but everyone is different and you can get to know specifically what your partner likes, as well noting what your favorite spots are to rub and squeeze! Step 3: Getting Feedback Everyone likes different pressure when getting massages, so when starting out, ask your partner how the pressure feels.
You could ask if they like more or less pressure and adjust accordingly. You can use any or all of the techniques described below, but it can be most effective to start off with a lighter touch and work your way deeper as the tissues relax. Checking in verbally is a great way to get clear feedback.
You can simply ask what feels good, or if they aren’t sure, you could try two different methods and ask if the first or second is better. Other ways to get feedback about whether your partner is enjoying their massage is to read nonverbal cues. Signs of pleasure usually include the breath becoming slower and deeper, the limbs feeling loose, and moans of delight.
Your partner may lean into the touch as a sign they are enjoying themselves. Signs that something does not feel good are usually holding of the breath, tightening the body, stilted groans, or moving away from the pressure. Use this exercise as a way to learn your partner’s verbal and nonverbal cues, which will come in handy if things get more hot and heavy! Step 4: Be Mindful and Connect Both giver and receiver can practice being mindful and present during this experience of building intimacy with massage.
- You can encourage your partner to really let the mind go and focus on the sensations felt in the body.
- As you give, let your pleasure build with your partner’s moans and let yourself connect deeply enough so that you almost can’t tell where your hands end and their skin begins.
- This exercise of building intimacy with massage can go way beyond a physical level and help you merge with your partner emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Step 5: Light Feathery Touch and Scratch with Fingers To start the exercise, try using “feather strokes” where you take the tips of your fingers and lightly brush them from the top of the back to the bottom, and back up again. Consistent repetitive motions can feel really good.
- You can also go side to side, make zig zags or write a note to your partner for a cute effect! You can modify this technique by gently using your nails instead of your fingertips, or perhaps a combination of each.
- If your partner likes a harder scratch you can do that here as well, but build the pressure slowly for a more erotic and exciting experience.
If your partner is open to having their head touched, it can feel amazing to gently scratch the scalp. Take a moment to play with their hair, which can be a real turn on for you both. Step 6: Soft Gliding Touch with Palms Next use flat, relaxed hands to slide up and down the back.
This is where a lubricant comes in handy to provide an easy glide. Place your hand at the base of the spine on either side right above the butt. Slowly glide your palms up the back until you reach the neck, then part your hands to glide over the tops of the shoulders. The shoulder area (trapezius) right next to the neck is a prime spot for tension.
You can focus a few extra strokes over this area, but make sure to decrease pressure as you reach the edges of the shoulders where the bones stick out. You can also get creative with how you stroke the back with your palms. Try windshield wiper motions, or zig zags up and down and side to side.
- Get sensual with it.
- Listen to how your partner responds to each motion.
- Feel free to take your flat, relaxed hands over the backs and sides of the arms, and if your partner consents, down over their butt cheeks and legs and back up again.
- This motion can feel incredibly relaxing.
- If something you’re doing is tickling your partner and tickling is not the intended sensation, try using slightly more pressure and a slower stroke.
Step 7: Kneading to Work Out Tension Next if your partner is interested in more pressure, you can focus more directly on specific muscle groups. To massage the muscles along the spine, make sweeping motions away from the spine with your thumbs and work your way up and down either side.
- You can also take thumbs and alternate putting pressure with the tips on either side of the spine, also working that motion up and down each vertebrae.
- If your thumbs get tired you can use the meaty area on the thumb side of your palm to apply pressure to the muscles.
- Your can use a circular motion on either side of the spine, anywhere from an inch to three inches from the center.
To get the traps, those pesky muscles in between your neck and shoulders, take the muscle between your thumb and fingers and knead like dough. Use sweeping motions with your thumbs on the top and back of the traps. Be careful not to pinch too hard. Sweep thumbs from the spine out to the shoulders and from the upper back, in between the shoulder blades, up to the base of the neck and/or out to the shoulders.
To get the lower back, use the thumb side of your palm to make circular motions on either side of the spine. Press from right next to the spine out towards the hips. You will also notice an indentation in the center/outer portion of the butt. You can gently make circular motions in this hip area. If your partner is ready and interested in a more erotic touch, this could be a great time to really explore the mesmerizing squishiness of their butt cheeks, all in the name of getting out tension, of course! As you use deeper pressure, you might notice some lumps and bumps under the skin.
Pressing on a bone will feel sharp and painful. Pressing on a knot will feel like a “good hurt.” Ask your partner if what you’re doing feels good. A massage should never hurt in a bad way, and you do not need to suffer through a heavy painful massage to experience muscle release.
- If you find a knot, you can use thumbs or palms to make gentle circular motions on top of and around it, or move over it, going up and down and side to side, or sometimes even just holding with a firm yet manageable pressure for a few seconds or minutes until the knot moves or softens.
- Sometimes the uncomfortable sensation of a knot builds a bit right before it releases, but remember, it’s supposed to be a good kind of hurt.
Step 8: Finish The Massage By Working Your Way Back To A Light Touch To finish the massage, work your way out just as you worked your way in. Go back to long soothing palm strokes with relaxed hands. Then transition to fingertips or scratches. If you decide to take this massage to other body parts, please be mindful to be gentle around sensitive areas like behind the knees, front of the neck and the armpits.
- Arteries run through these areas and should not be pressed hard.
- Do not bend or pull joints; leave that to a professional.
- Ask your partner for consent before touching any body parts, especially breasts and genitals.
- This exercise of building intimacy with massage can last as long or as short as you would like, but to do thoroughly, give yourself a good 15 to 20 minutes to get through each step.
So go have fun, be creative, touch, explore and play!
T o help you process the experience of completing Building Intimacy with Massage Exercise, explore with your partner the following questions. What did you like about the massage your partner gave? What would you want your partner to do again? What would you want to do again? What types of touches felt the best to give/what types of touch felt best to receive? What parts of your body did and didn’t you enjoy having touched? How did it feel to be the giver? How did it feel to be the receiver? How easy was it to give direction and feedback during the massage? What style was most effective? What did you notice about the way that communication was given or received? As the giver, what sort of verbal or nonverbal cues were easiest to follow? As the receiver, what sort of verbal or nonverbal cues were most enjoyable to use? What made you feel the most open and vulnerable? What made your partner feel the most open and vulnerable? What made you feel the most connected? What made you partner feel the most connected?
What kind of massage did you give (hard, soft, sensual, etc.?) What kind of massage did you receive (hard, soft, sensual, etc.?) What did you learn about each other from this exercise? Massage can be a fun, playful and sensual way to build intimacy and connection with a partner and facilitate relaxation and healing.
What is the most pleasurable type of massage?
1. Swedish Massage – A Swedish massage should be top of your list if you’re looking for a way to relax, or if you want to experience your first treatment. It’s all about using long strokes and light-to-firm pressure that will leave you feeling rejuvenated. Typically your therapist will use five Swedish massage techniques : stroking and gliding, kneading, rubbing, tapping or pounding, and vibration.
If you’re looking to reduce tension or suffering from anxiety then definitely opt for a Swedish massage. A study by the Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program of Emory University, investigated the effects of Swedish massage on people suffering from generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), but who weren’t receiving medical treatment.
Over six weeks participants were separated into two groups: one group received a Swedish massage twice a week, while the other only received light touch massage. The Swedish massage group reported significantly reduced anxiety scores, with researchers stating it may be an effective treatment for the condition.
Is a full body massage intimate?
During your massage – During your massage, your therapist will typically begin by massaging your back and shoulders; for this, you’ll need to be laying down comfortably on your stomach. Then, the therapist will massage your legs and feet, (and your glutes if this has been agreed to) before proceeding to massage the arms.
- You’ll then switch to lying on your back, and your therapist will perform a head massage.
- You can create your own at-home spa ambiance by playing relaxing music, safely lighting some aromatic candles, and allowing yourself to drift off into a relaxed state.
- A massage is about the mind just as much as it is about the body, so it’s important to be able to detach from any ongoing worries, problems, or stress.
Don’t forget that a massage is an intimate procedure, so mutual confidence and trust is important, as is respecting a mutual code of conduct during the treatment. Your therapist will always ensure that you feel comfortable during the massage, and likewise, clients should always respect personal boundaries with their therapist.
What is the most seductive way to hug?
Download Article Download Article Hugging someone is a great way to show your affection. There are different types and levels of affection and the way you would hug a crying child is different from the way you would hug your best friend after winning a softball match.
- 1 Position your arms to draw your torsos together. In a romantic hug, your torsos—your chests and stomachs—will touch. This is a wonderfully warm and intimate position that emphasizes closeness.
- Generally, the taller hugger puts their arms around the waist of the shorter person, while the shorter hugger puts their arms around the neck or shoulders of the taller person. The opposite can also happen, especially if there’s a big height difference: the taller person places their arms around the other person’s shoulders (and draws them into their chest), while the other person wraps their arms around the waist.
- 2 Make head contact. Leaning your head on or against someone is a signal of intimacy, Move your head to the side as you lean in to give a romantic hug (in the US, most people will automatically move to their right.) Don’t go too far to the side, though—you want your cheek to brush up against the other person’s face. To add an extra romantic touch, nuzzle your head or even your face into the head/neck of the other person (or chest, if you’re much shorter than the person you’re hugging). Advertisement
- 3 Squeeze and hold. A romantic hug lasts longer than a platonic hug. Gently clutch a little tighter for two or three seconds. Take a deep breath and exhale; relax into the hug and enjoy it. Note that your squeeze should be strong enough to be noticeable, but not so tight that it prevents him or her from breathing normally. Causing your hugging partner to pass out from lack of oxygen is not considered romantic in most circles.
- 4 Use your hands. Rub one of your hands on their back or arm a few times. Or if your hand is by the person’s head, gently stroke their hair, or the back of their neck. A slow caress is romantic. A brisk caress is comical, unless it’s freezing outside and you’re warming up your hugging partner.
- 5 Let go slowly. As you pull away, keep your hands on the other person so you’re still touching each other after you hug. This is a good time to look into each other’s eyes, smile, and speak from the heart,
- 1 Come from behind. One way to enhance spontaneity is to surprise your love with a hug from behind. As long as they aren’t doing anything too important, wrapping your arms around their waist, and resting your head against theirs can be a super sweet surprise.
- 2 Stand behind the person you are going to hug. Press your torso up against the back person you are hugging, and wrap your arms around them. It doesn’t matter so much if you are taller or shorter, other than where your hands will end up.
- Generally, the taller hugger relaxes their upper arms, and reaches around to hug with their lower arms. The shorter hugger can hold their arms straight out, rather than bending at the elbow.
- 3 Place your arms in front. You can “stack” one arm on top of the other, one arm in front of the other, or even reach up over the chest and hold the shoulders of the person you are hugging; it all depends on the size of your arms and the size of the hugged one where your arms are best placed.
- 4 Make head contact. Like the front-facing hug, leaning your head on or against someone is a signal of intimacy. If you are as tall or taller than the hugged one, you can nuzzle their face or neck. If you are shorter, you can rest your head sideways on their back.
- 5 Squeeze and hold. A romantic hug lasts longer than a platonic hug. Gently clutch a little tighter for two or three seconds. Take a deep breath and exhale; relax into the hug and enjoy it.
- 6 Use your hands. For the person being hugged, caressing your huggers arms is a natural, lovely touch. You can also reach back and caress their face or hair. For the hugger, though, caressing can become fairly intimate without much effort. If you’re at that level with the person you are hugging, this is a delightful way to begin intimacies. If not, proceed with caution. It can result in the ice being broken, or your nose being broken. A slow caress is romantic.
- 7 Rotate your hugged one around. Enjoy a front-facing hug as you enjoy the closeness of your partner. Should you need further direction, start at the top of the page again. Enjoy!
Add New Question
- Question What does it mean if a guy hugs you tight? This answer was written by one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow Staff Editor Staff Answer A tight hug is usually a sign of affection! If it makes you uncomfortable, though, don’t be afraid to tell him to stop or ease off a bit.
- Question What’s the best way to hug someone a lot shorter than you? This answer was written by one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow Staff Editor Staff Answer You’ll probably need to bend down a bit to make it comfortable for them. Reach down to wrap your arms around their upper back. You can also try resting your chin lightly on top of their head.
- Question How do I hug someone much taller than me? This answer was written by one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow Staff Editor Staff Answer You can try standing up on your tiptoes and reaching up to them. If the height difference is too much, though, you can always wrap your arms around their waist and lay your head on their chest.
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement Tip 1 A hug brings someone up close and personal, so keep body odor at bay with good personal hygiene.
- Ask them if you can hug them if the relationship just started or if you are trying to get to know them.
- Not everyone enjoys hugging, even in a romantic relationship. It’s important to communicate openly if you feel your hugging gesture has been rebuffed and to accept it if you discover that your partner really doesn’t like being hugged.
- Don’t hug someone without permission, even if you’re in a relationship.
Advertisement Article Summary X To hug romantically, wrap your arms around your partner’s waist if you’re taller than them, or wrap your arms around their neck if you’re shorter. Then, when you’re hugging, nuzzle your head into your partner’s chest or neck to make the hug more intimate.
What is a tantric cuddle?
Tantra Sacred Hug Meditation – ” When someone hugs you with all their heart and presence, you feel it. When someone takes your hands in mindfulness, with their presence, their concern, you feel it. So, hug like that—make life real and deep. It will heal both of you. When we’re mindful and present, hugging has a deep power to heal and transform.” Thich Nhat Hanh Tantra Sacred Hug Practice is a traditional Tantra practice of Samma Karuna. When we hug with presence and heart we reconnect with ourselves and others in a deep and meaningful way. During this tantric practice we learn and experience how to transform a regular hug into a sacred practice that allow us to recognize and honour the heart and presence of the other person.
- Hugging in this way allow us to recognize and cultivate the divine light, pure goodness side in ourselves, as well as to recognize this energy in others.
- Hugging with presence also helps us to understand and feel that we are not separate beings.
- This sacred practice can bring healing, understanding, and joy.
Tantra Sacred Hug Practice benefits
Reduce stress Decreases depression. Increases joy. Reduce fears. Increases the ability to communicate with others.
This practice is suitable for both experienced and beginner tantric practitioners. It is also suitable for couples or solo practitioners. More information, times and dates about this and other practices is available by downloading our calendar of activities
What is the most intimate way to hug?
Advertisement – This ad is displayed using third party content and we do not control its accessibility features. With this type of hug, both partners’ waists are completely aligned and their arms are wrapped around each other’s waists. In this position, they can lean back and look at each other in the eyes. Illustration by Grace Lee Bear hugs are most commonly done standing up. It’s like a normal hug but much closer, tighter, and usually more prolonged. Bear hugs can also be taken lying down, which Mattenson calls the “love blanket,” with one person lying on top of the other.
What it means: According to Colker, the feeling of a bear hug is reminiscent of being in the womb, when we feel warm and secure. It also helps to activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which gets us out of a fight, flight, or freeze mode. “This type of hug is so satiating on a physical, human level,” Mattenson says.
Close friends, romantic partners, and family members can all appropriately engage in a bear hug. Illustration by Grace Lee In a one-sided hug, both people are facing each other. One is usually receiving the hug while the other is giving it. The receiver is typically limp with their arms by their side. The giver (or supporter) is squeezing the other one tightly. Illustration by Grace Lee In a heart to heart hug, both huggers approach the embrace with their left sides, so their hearts touch first. This can be done in a standing or seated position. When sitting, your arms and legs can be intertwined. Mattenson recommends holding it for three minutes or longer.
What it means: “Most people unintentionally hug starting from the right side because it’s more protective and further away from the heart,” Mattenson explains. “When you go in from the left side, it’s intimate.” This is a great hug for couples who want to become intimate together. Heart-to-heart hugs are also beneficial for people who don’t typically like hugging but want to appease a loved one who likes physical touch or has physical touch as a love language,
“It’s more nourishing for both of you, even if you don’t really enjoy the physical touch aspect of it,” Colker says. Illustration by Grace Lee
Can you do tantric massage on yourself?
Yoni massage is a type of sensual massage. It is one of the tantric practices that aim to create intimate connections between people. People can also practice yoni massage alone as a way to get to know their bodies. People often think of tantra synonymously with tantric sex, but sex is only one aspect of tantra.
- what yoni massage is
- its possible benefits
- how to perform it
- positions to try
- where to find out more
Yoni is the Sanskrit word for vulva or vagina, and it roughly translates as “sacred cave” or “sacred space.” Yoni massage is a type of sensual massage that aims to help people feel more comfortable in themselves by exploring and developing their relationship with their body.
- Yoni massage is one of many tantric practices.
- Tantra yoga, for example, was once a preferred practice in ancient India for enhancing sexual pleasure.
- Yoni massage can involve some tantric positions.
- A main goal of yoni massage is to help a person feel more in tune with their body and more comfortable in their skin.
Some proponents believe that practicing this massage on one’s own may help a person work through sexual trauma because it helps a person take control of their sexuality and learn what they enjoy. Others might find that practicing yoni massage with a partner enhances the relationship.
- It is important to note that yoni massage has no medical benefits.
- As anecdotal evidence suggests, most people find yoni massage to be an emotional journey rather than a sexual one.
- While some people may orgasm as a result of yoni massage, it is not necessarily the goal and does not need to be an expectation.
Some people, however, find that it leads to multiple orgasms. This depends entirely on the individual. Yoni massage is generally safe, as long as a person practices it in a safe and hygienic way. This involves:
- washing the hands before and after
- properly cleaning any massage tools
- not inserting any objects into the vagina that could cause injury or infection
- stopping if the massage becomes uncomfortable or painful
The yoni massage trend has led some companies to sell yoni tools and equipment, such as yoni eggs. These are egg-shaped objects people insert into the vagina. However, yoni eggs that consist of materials such as jade or other crystals are not safe to insert into the vagina.
- Many crystals are porous, which means it is not possible to fully sterilize them.
- This may mean they harbor bacteria.
- They may also dislodge intrauterine devices (IUDs).
- Additionally, some massage oils and lubricants people might want to use for yoni massage may contain perfumes and other substances that can irritate the vulva or vagina.
A person getting yoni massage from a practitioner may also need to consider additional risks. There is no official accreditation for yoni massage therapy in the United States, so it is important to check the practitioner’s reputation, reviews from other clients, or ask for recommendations to find someone trustworthy.
What to expect at a tantric retreat?
What is a typical schedule for T antra Retreats like? – Generally speaking, most tantra retreats will touch on the history of tantra (even if only briefly) and include a strong focus on becoming more present in your physical body. This is likely to include a daily morning yoga class to shake off those cobwebs and deepen your physical yoga practice.
Meditation and breath awareness work are also central to every tantra retreat experience as they help unlock the central chakra system of the body and deepen your intimate relationship with your own energy centres. There are also most commonly practical exercises which help you put into practice what you have just learnt.
These will often be done with a partner, so consider how comfortable you feel in working with a stranger if you’re not taking your partner along. Tantra Retreats These tantric exercises aren’t usually about sex (but they can be) but instead focus on exploring the notion of sexuality in the Western world. It’s more likely that they’ll include making eye contact with a partner (harder than you’d think!), various sensory activities, discussion opportunities to explore your experiences of sexuality and self, sensual partner massage, Kegel exercises and much more.
You can also expect the dynamic of the tantra retreat to vary throughout- you might be working in pairs, groups or individually, depending on the tantric exercise and lesson. You might even be treated to some Kundalini shaking, ecstatic dance, biodanza and other therapeutic energy work along the way.
Plus lots of hugging. Tantra practitioners love hugging! You can always say ‘No’ Importantly, no one will make you do anything that you don’t want to do. You will always have freedom of choice over all your actions. If you want to stay fully clothed whilst others in the room are naked, that is perfectly fine.
- Having said that, it might be a good idea to get comfortable with others being naked around you if you’re going to a retreat.
- It’s also important to mention that everyone is welcome at a tantra retreat.
- You can be single, married, divorced, widowed, just starting out in your relationship, looking to heal relationship issues or even taking your relationship to a new depth.
There are also no limitations when it comes to sexual orientation. All that matters is whether you feel comfortable within the tantra retreat environment.
What are the techniques of tantric meditation?
1. Red Tantra – This is the most commonly known of all tantras and it is centered on sensuality and sexuality and is used in relation to tantric sex. Red tantric meditation can be done solo or with a partner. It involves deep breathing exercises to help you relax and immerse yourself into the experience, engaging all your senses by slowly touching yourself or your partner, gazing into each other’s eyes, taste, playing some sensual music and lighting candles to help set the mood and engage your sense of smell ( 6 ).