What Is A Puk Code?
- 1 Where do I find my PUK code?
- 2 Why is my phone asking for a PUK number?
- 3 Can you unlock your SIM without the PUK code?
- 4 Why is my SIM card locked?
- 5 What is the 8 digit PUK code?
- 6 What is the PUK code for Iphone?
- 7 Can I SIM unlock my phone myself?
- 8 Can I unlock my SIM card by myself?
- 9 Does a phone have a PUK code?
Where do I find my PUK code?
How To Get Your PUK or PIN code? On your SIM packaging When you buy your SIM card, it’s attached to a larger piece of plastic that you pop it out of. Your actual SIM also has a series of numbers printed on it. Your PUK code is the 8 digit number found on either the SIM or the additional SIM packaging.
By default, your PIN code is the last 4 digits of your PUK code – but obviously if you’ve changed your PIN code yourself, this will no longer apply. Or speak to the customer service team You can call our team on 1800 100 933 (8am-8pm, AEST 7 days) or (7am-11pm, AEST 7 days) and one of the team will be able to help get the info you need.
Tags:, : How To Get Your PUK or PIN code?
Is The PUK code the same as the SIM card number?
What’s a SIM PIN? – Your SIM PIN is different to your PUK and your phone passcode. It’s a 4-digit number that lets you lock your SIM card to one device. By default, your SIM PIN is the last four digits of your PUK. You can change your SIM PIN through your device settings. So, if you’ve forgotten your SIM PIN, enter a random 4-digit number, like 0000, until you’re asked for your PUK code.
Why is my phone asking for a PUK number?
If a SIM PIN security code has been entered incorrectly multiple times, the SIM will lock and require you to enter a PUK code to use your device again. Be careful! If you incorrectly enter your PUK code 10 times, your SIM will need to be replaced.
- If you get a prompt about a PUK code or your SIM is locked, Contact Us to request your PUK code.
- If you’re prompted to enter the PUK code, enter it.
- You may need to attempt a phone call before you are prompted to enter the code.
- Follow the steps to create a new SIM PIN for your security. You must enter it twice.
- If you’re not prompted to enter a PUK code, open the phone dialer and call **05***#,
- Enter your PUK code in the field.
- Enter your SIM New PIN code in the field. You must enter it twice.
Can you unlock your SIM without the PUK code?
Method 3. All-in-One Way to Unlock the SIM Card Without a PUK Code – If neither of the above ways helps to unlock the SIM card, then you can try EaseUS MobiUnlock, an iPhone unlocker that helps to unlock the SIM card, Activation Lock, Apple ID, Screen Time passcode, and more.
Forgot the iPhone passcode and want to get into your locked iPhone Want to remove Activation Lock when you forgot the passcode Want to Remove your Apple ID or iCloud account without a password Decrypt an iTunes backup encryption Manage your passcodes on your iPad or iPhone
Why is my SIM card locked?
How to set up a SIM card lock on an Android phone – Setting up a SIM card lock requires you to enter the default passcode set by your operator. The default number should be on your SIM card packaging. You may be locked out of your account after multiple attempts with an incorrect SIM card PIN, so keep the packaging handy.
Go to Settings > Security > More security settings, Tap SIM card lock, Turn on Lock SIM card and enter the default PIN if you’re enabling it for the first time. Once enabled, tap Change SIM PIN to change the default PIN, Enter your old PIN, enter your new PIN, and tap OK, Be careful while entering your old PIN. Entering the wrong PIN three times blocks your SIM. To test the feature, reboot your phone.
When the SIM is transferred to a different phone, whether an iPhone or Android, you can’t use it until it’s unlocked. Here’s what you see when you insert your locked SIM into another iPhone or Android device.
What is the default PIN for SIM card lock?
Essential Things to Know Before Setting Up A SIM Card Lock – Wait to turn the SIM lock on. When you turn on the SIM lock, you will be asked for a SIM PIN. If this is the first time turning it on, it will ask you for a 4-digit default passcode and warn you that you usually have three attempts to get it right, or it will lock your SIM up.
- I’ll give you instructions at the end later in the blog.
- I want to warn you before we take the next step.
- Each operator has a default passcode, usually 1111, 0000, or 1234.
- I googled this for AT&T and Verizon, and both said 1111, so on my phone, I used 1111, and it worked both times.
- Now, if the SIM was locked previously and then unlocked using a PUK code, then the default PIN will change to 0000 for Verizon.
So keep that in mind if your SIM was locked previously and google your carrier’s default PIN after a PUK unlock. If you make two attempts and fail, then bail out of the PIN lock feature and contact your provider before that 3rd attempt, or you won’t be able to use your cell phone to contact them.
So let’s move forward and turn on the SIM lock. Enter the default 4-digit passcode, which will confirm the lock is correct. You can now change the SIM pin. Otherwise, the SIM lock has no value, as a hacker would enter the default passcodes to try and access it. Once you change your SIM lock PIN, you’re now set, and if someone gets a hold of your device and removes the SIM, it will not be usable on another device.
This SIM PIN differs from the PIN you would enter to unlock your phone, so choose a lock number you will remember. Now, if you ever forget your SIM lock code, you can still unlock it with a PUK code, a PIN Unlock Key different for every SIM card. Sometimes You can find the PUK on the original SIM card if you still have the business card-sized piece of plastic, or you can call your service provider and request the PUK, which can take some time for them to provide, but when you get the PUK you can unlock your SIM and start over.
What is the 8 digit PUK code?
The PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code is usually an eight-digit unique number assigned to a SIM card and is available as a security feature for all SIM cards. Most mobile phones have a PIN (personal identification number) designed to prevent unauthorized usage of your phone and keep SIM details safe.
When someone enters a wrong PIN code more than thrice, the SIM card might get blocked. For instances where this is a genuine mistake, the PUK code is the solution to reset the PIN and unblock your SIM card. In such situations, the PUK code is provided by the telecom service provider after the verification of the user.
Here is how to Unlock your PUK code:
Dial 199(tollfree) to call on the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system Follow the guidelines and get your PUK code to unblock your SIM
What is the PUK code for Iphone?
1 What is PUK Code – The Personal Unblocking Key code is an 8-digit code. When you input the erroneous PIN code three times, it is utilized to unlock your SIM card. The SIM will block and you will need to input a PUK code before you can use your smartphone again if an incorrect SIM PIN passcode is punched into the phone more than once.
Why is my iPhone 11 asking for PUK code?
Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. I bought my daughter an iPhone this past Friday January 18th and it worked perfectly fine until today it started asking her for a PUK code iPhone SE Posted on Jan 20, 2019 5:04 PM Question marked as Apple recommended Someone enabled a SIM PIN on the phone.
- If you fail to enter the SIM PIN you need to get a PIN Unlock Key (PUK) from your cellular carrier.
- You can usually get this by logging in to the carrier’s website, or just call the carrier and ask.
- The alternative is to get a new SIM card and NOT enable the SIM PIN.
- Posted on Jan 20, 2019 5:07 PM 1 reply Question marked as Apple recommended Jan 20, 2019 5:07 PM in response to Tdrake31 Someone enabled a SIM PIN on the phone.
If you fail to enter the SIM PIN you need to get a PIN Unlock Key (PUK) from your cellular carrier. You can usually get this by logging in to the carrier’s website, or just call the carrier and ask. The alternative is to get a new SIM card and NOT enable the SIM PIN.
What is a PUK code Android?
Solution – If you enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) code incorrectly several times, the SIM card is locked. You then need the PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code to unlock the device. The PIN and PUK codes are used to protect your subscription and device against unauthorised use. To get help with your PIN and PUK codes, contact your network operator.
How many digits is a SIM PUK code?
How to find the PIN and PUK code? – Vodafone.cz How to find the PIN and PUK code?
The PIN (Personal Identification Number) code is intended to protect your SIM Card from unauthorized use. We have set a default PIN 1234 for every SIM Card. We suggest that you change it. No one can ever find the changed PIN, as you enter it right into your telephone.The PUK (Personal Unblocking Key) code is a code consisting of 8 digits. It is used to unblock your SIM card when you entered 3 times a wrong PIN code. A card blocked by the PUK code cannot be unblocked; it cannot be used any further and you have to replace it.
Can I SIM unlock my phone myself?
Unlock The Phone On Your Own – There is another possible way to unlock your phone. First of all, you have to turn off your mobile phone and take out the SIM card. Then turn on the device without the SIM card and wait for it to show a message with the instruction to insert the SIM card.
Can I unlock my SIM card by myself?
Can I Unlock My SIM Card Myself? – Yes, you can unlock a SIM card yourself. You can simply contact your SIM card provider company or use any third-party app for the same. While contacting your network provider is a time-taking process, turning to the SIM carrier may avoid jailbreaking your iPhone,
How do I unblock my SIM lock?
Download Article Download Article Protecting your SIM card with a separate password can help thwart anyone’s attempts to use your SIM in another device. But what if you need to switch phones and forgot your SIM card password? The only way to unlock a password-protected SIM is to get a special code called a PUK (PIN unlock key) from your mobile provider.
- 1 Enter your SIM unlock code. If you locked your SIM card, you will be prompted to enter the password when you insert that SIM into a new phone. If you know the password, enter it to unlock your SIM. If not, you can unlock the SIM with a PUK (pin unlock key) that comes from your mobile provider.
- The default SIM unlock code for T-Mobile and Sprint is 1234, while the default unlock code for Verizon and AT&T is 1111′, If you don’t know the PIN, try the default code first. After you enter the code incorrectly too many times (the number varies), you’ll be prompted to enter the PUK.
- 2 Get the PUK for your SIM. This code comes from your mobile provider, so you’ll need to contact them directly. Your provider may ask for the number on the SIM card, so write that number down before you contact them by phone.
- Since your SIM isn’t working, you’ll need to use a different phone (or a VoIP service like Skype or Google Voice ) to contact customer service.
- Some providers, including AT&T, allow you to get the PUK online. If you have AT&T, you can follow these steps to get your PUK:
- Sign in to your AT&T account dashboard and click My wireless,
- Select your locked phone under “My devices & add-ons.”
- Click Manage my device,
- Click Get your PIN unlock key (PUK),
- 3 Enter the PUK when prompted. The PUK is typically 8-digits long. Be careful when entering this code—if you are unable to enter the correct PUK after 10 attempts, your SIM will be deactivated and you’ll need to get a new one from your provider. After you successfully enter the code, you will be prompted to create a new SIM pin.
- 4 Create a new PIN. Even if you want to disable the PIN, you’ll need to create a new one before you can disable SIM locking. This time, write down your PIN so you have it in case you lose it.
- 5 Disable SIM locking (optional). If you don’t want to use a SIM PIN in the future, here’s how you can disable SIM lock:
- iPhone: In the Settings app, tap Cellular, select SIM PIN, and then toggle off the switch. You will need to enter your new SIM PIN once to verify that you’re turning it off.
- Android: In the Settings app, tap Biometrics and security (or Security & lock screen, or similar), select Advanced or Other security settings, tap SIM card lock or Change SIM PIN, then then toggle off the switch. You’ll need to enter your current SIM PIN to confirm the change.
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement Thanks for submitting a tip for review! Article Summary X 1. Enter the SIM password if you know it.2. Try the default password (1111 or 1234) if you don’t.3.
How do I reactivate my locked SIM card?
How to Unblock Blocked Sim Card – SIM cards getting blocked varies. There are some processes whereby you just need to insert your pin codes. At the same time, some require a PUK code to unlock after you must have reached limits for entering incorrect card pin repeatedly.
If that is the case, you must be sure you are typing the correct PUK code because any mistakes will permanently block your SIM. If you have also entered the wrong PUK code, then the only solution is to put a call through to customer care. In this case, if you’ve lost your SIM pack, your only option may be to reach out to your network provider’s customer care for help or view their website for possible solutions to how you can unblock a blocked SIM card.
It’s also important to note that different network providers have different dialing customer care codes. For example, if you’re using an Airtel SIM, you will have to dial 121. Calling customer care is a simple solution if you’ve lost your PUK code. To know how to unblock blocked SIM cards, you will need your PUK code to unlock your SIM card after the unblocking.
Insert the blocked SIM into a working mobile phone. If you have tried pin codes that are incorrect before, all that you will see on your phone screen is “Enter PUK Code.” After this, check your SIM pack; if you still have it with you, you will be able to find your PUK code for your SIM card, and then you can enter it. If you happen to have lost your SIM pack, you will need to reach out to your customer care service line for retrieval of your PUK number. Then you can now enter your PUK code to unlock. After these steps, your SIM should be unblocked, and you can proceed to set up a new SIM pin for your SIM card.
Follow the above-mentioned steps, and you will be able to retrieve your SIM card back without visiting customer care. However, if there are no changes after trying them, proceed to call your customer care or visit their nearest office.
Is it possible to unlock a SIM locked iPhone?
Contact your carrier –
Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone. Contact them and request an unlock. After you submit the request, it might take a few days to complete. Contact your carrier to check the status of your request. After your carrier confirms that they unlocked your iPhone, follow the steps below.
How many digits is a SIM lock PIN?
SIM Security—PIN and PUK – SIM cards allow the user an option to enable security. This is called a SIM PIN ( personal identification number ). Typically the user would use the GUI of the phone to enable the PIN. Some manufacturers have a default PIN value set with new SIM cards.
Numbers such as 0000, 1234, or the last four digit of the cell phone number (MSISDN) are common. Once a SIM has the PIN value enabled, it can affect access to different parts of the operation system on the phone and at a minimum, not allow the SIM file system to be read when it is removed from the phone and examined using SIM forensic tools.
Most SIM cards use a four digit PIN. Others can use five or six digits. To override a lost, forgotten, or improperly entered user PIN, manufacturers also have a personal unlocking key ( PUK ). This is also referred to as personal unblocking key. Both definitions mean the same.
A PUK value is not something a user can enable or change. It is set by the manufacturer. The PUK could be entered to unlock the PIN and allow users to reset their PIN value. PIN and PUK values play into SIM forensics this way: • Only the ICCID value can be read on a PIN-enabled SIM card. • Law enforcement can request the PUK value on a PIN-enabled SIM.
There are some stipulations to getting the PUK through the legal process. The phone associated with the SIM must be allocated. This means if the network terminated or discontinued service to the device, the PUK is generally also not retained. • PUK management can be handled through some forensic tools.
This means that examiners can change the PIN value if they get the PUK without having to utilize the GUI of the phone or assistance from technicians employed by the target wireless carrier. Fig.3.27 shows a SIM card issued by T-Mobile. The upper left side of the card displays the PUK code. Most users will discard the SIM holder and lose this value.
The carrier would, in turn, have this information. Figure 3.27, New T-Mobile SIM card with PUK value. Some SIM cards have PIN1 and PIN2 access. PIN1 is only for SIM security. This would be the area a user stores their four digit number. PIN2, when unlocked, allows the user to access the additional data areas such as EF_ADN. Figure 3.28, AT&T PUK1 and PUK2 values. SIM security is generally something the user does not give much thought to until they have locked their own phone and have the need to contact the carrier to regain access (PUK). For the forensic examiner, a locked SIM will require legal process to be served on an active account to reset the PIN through the use of the PUK value.
Does a phone have a PUK code?
What is a PUK for? Is it different from a PAC Code? – A PUK, which is sometimes known as a network unlocking code (NUC) or personal unlocking code (PUC), is a unique sequence of eight digits that your network must supply, as long as you fulfil certain criteria. A PUK is required when you want to unlock a phone.
You’ll need one in the event that your handset is locked by your current network and you want to use a SIM card from another network. You’ll also need to get a PUK code in the event that you mistakenly enter the wrong PIN code and you are automatically locked out. Depending on the network you’re signed up to, you may be allowed up three incorrect tries, or up to ten.
Either way, when a phone is locked by the network in these circumstances, you’ll need a PUK to unlock it before you can start using your phone again. A PAC (porting authorisation code) is very different. Like a PUK, it’s a unique sequence of digits and plays a role when you’re switching networks.
What is PUK code on Iphone?
The PIN Unblocking Key (PUK) is utilized to reset a blocked SIM card. Before proceeding, do one of the following depending on your type of service: Standard Service accounts: Obtain the PUK via the My Verizon website. Prepaid accounts: Contact Customer Service to obtain the PUK.