Wpl 2023 Points Table
- 1 How many will qualify for WPL?
- 2 Who will qualify for WPL 2023?
- 3 Is RCB disqualified from IPL 2023?
- 4 How KKR can qualify for playoffs 2023?
How many will qualify for WPL?
WPL 2023 Playoffs Rules – Following the league matches, the top three teams of the WPL 2023 Points Table will qualify for the playoff. An Eliminator game and Final will be played in the playoff round. Eliminator : The Eliminator of the WPL 2023 will be between the 2nd and 3rd position teams of the 2023 WPL Points Table.
How many teams will qualify in WPL 2023?
There were five teams who participated in the inaugural season of WPL 2023 with each team playing every other team twice and playing 8 matches in total. Only three teams could qualify for the eliminators and those teams were the ones who are at the top of the points table at the end of the league.
How will playoffs work in IPL 2023?
IPL 2023 Playoffs Rules –
- The top four teams in the IPL league table after all sides have played 14 games will move on to the Playoff round of the tournament.
- Teams who finished first and second in the league stage will take on one another in Qualifier 1. The winner of this game will move onto the Final while the loser gets a second chance in Qualifier 2.
- Sides who finished third and fourth will compete with one another in an Eliminator match, with the winner going on to meet the loser of Qualifier 1 in Qualifier 2, while the loser is knocked out from the competition.
- The winner of Qualifer 2 will join the winner of Qualifier 1 in the IPL Final and decide who is labelled IPL Champion.
Who will qualify for WPL 2023?
WPL 2023 Points Table: Delhi Capitals qualify for finals, Mumbai Indians to face UP Warriorz in playoff.
What is the prize money for WPL 2023?
DC vs MI Final | Prize Money For WPL 2023 Winner & Runners-Up Revealed: Report Delhi Capitals women’s team are taking on Mumbai Indians women’s team in a high-octane final of the Women’s Premier League (WPL 2023). The inaugural final of the historic WPL 2023 tournament is being played at Mumbai’s iconic Brabourne Stadium.
The team that wins MI vs DC WPL 2023 final will be awarded a huge cash prize. As per a report in Sportskeeda, winner of WPL 2023 final will take home a cash prize of Rs 6 crore as prize money along with the WPL 2023 trophy. As per report, the runner-up team will get Rs 3 crore. Third-placed UP Warriorz will earn a cash price of Rs 1.
The fourth and fifth-placed Royal Challengers Bangalore and Gujarat Giants will go empty-handed. Earlier, Delhi Capitals Women won the toss and opted to bat first against Mumbai Indians Women. “We are going to bat. It looks a good wicket, we are backing ourselves tonight.
- We had a good time, relaxed for a few days.
- We are up against Mumbai tonight.
- Spin has played a big role here.
- The bowlers have been effective througout the tournament.
- Minnu Mani comes in for Poonam Yadav,” Delhi Capitals skipper Meg Lanning said after winning the toss.
- We were looking to bowl first, so the toss is not going to affect us.
I think the wicket will swing, it looks hard. We need to stay positive, the last game was important and we got a lot of confidence after that. They have a good batting line-up, we need to bowl well tonight. We are going with the same XI,” Mumbai Indians skipper Harmanpreet Kaur said after the toss.
MI vs DC WPL 2023 Final – Squads:Delhi Capitals Women (Playing XI): Meg Lanning(c), Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues, Marizanne Kapp, Alice Capsey, Jess Jonassen, Arundhati Reddy, Taniya Bhatia(w), Minnu Mani, Radha Yadav, Shikha PandeyMumbai Indians Women (Playing XI): Yastika Bhatia(w), Hayley Matthews, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Melie Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Issy Wong, Amanjot Kaur, Humaira Kazi, Jintimani Kalita, Saika Ishaque
: DC vs MI Final | Prize Money For WPL 2023 Winner & Runners-Up Revealed: Report
Where is final of WPL 2023?
Delhi Capitals are on a five-match winning streak while Mumbai Indians beat UP Warriorz by 72 runs in the eliminator. Watch DC vs MI WPL 2023 final live! (Picture by 2023 Getty Images) Delhi Capitals will take on Mumbai Indians in the final of the Women’s Premier League 2023 at the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai on Sunday. The DC vs MI WPL 2023 final will is scheduled to start at 7:30 PM IST on Sunday, March 26.
- The WPL final will be live streamed.
- Both Delhi Capitals and Mumbai Indians ended the league stage with 12 points each and topped the WPL 2023 points table.
- While DC earned a direct entry into the final courtesy of their superior net run rate (NRR), MI had to go an extra yard and beat UP Warriorz in the eliminator.
An unbeaten 72 from Nat Sciver-Brunt and WPL’s first-ever hat-trick from Issy Wong powered Mumbai Indians to the final of the inaugural edition with a 72-run victory. Delhi Capitals, meanwhile, are on a five-match winning streak and had defeated Mumbai Indians by nine wickets and 11 overs to spare in their previous encounter.
- An all-round bowling effort led by Marizanne Kapp, Shikha Pandey and Jess Jonassen bundled out MI for 109 before DC captain Meg Lanning, Shafali Verma and Alice Capsey put on a solid show with the bat.
- In their first meeting of the league, the Harmanpreet Kaur -led MI came on top against DC by eight wickets and five overs remaining.
DC captain Meg Lanning, with 310 runs from eight matches, will enter the WPL 2023 final as the tournament’s top run-scorer. MI’s Nat Sciver-Brunt isn’t far behind with 272 runs from nine innings. MI also dominate the list of the top-five most wicket-takers in the tournament.
Is RCB disqualified from IPL 2023?
Shubman Gill’s hundred knocked out RCB from the IPL 2023 PLayoffs rac.e | Photo Credit: SHAILENDRA BHOJAK Shubman Gill’s hundred knocked out RCB from the IPL 2023 PLayoffs rac.e | Photo Credit: SHAILENDRA BHOJAK Royal Challengers Bangalore was knocked out of the IPL 2023 Playoffs race after its six-wicket loss to Gujarat Titans in the last league stage match at the M.
- Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru on Sunday.
- RCB’s defeat enabled Mumbai Indians to secure an IPL Playoffs spot with a fourth-spot finish.
- MI recorded its 10th qualification into the Playoffs across 16 editions.
- RCB’s slip-up came after a record-breaking seventh IPL ton from Virat Kohli propelled the team to 197.
However, a superb counter-attacking knock from Shubman Gill set up the chase for the Titans who notched up 20 points from 14 matches. GT will face Chennai Super Kings in the Qualifier 1 on Tuesday while Lucknow Super Giants will take on MI in the Eliminator in Chennai on Wednesday.
|2||Chennai Super Kings||14||8||5||17||+0.652|
|3||Lucknow Super Giants||14||8||5||17||+0.304|
|6||Royal Challengers Bangalore||14||7||7||14||+0.135|
|7||Kolkata Knight Riders||14||6||8||12||-0.256|
Is CSK in finals 2023?
Ravindra Jadeja slammed a six and a four off the last two balls to earn CSK its fifth title. | Photo Credit: Getty Images Ravindra Jadeja slammed a six and a four off the last two balls to earn CSK its fifth title. | Photo Credit: Getty Images Chennai Super Kings beat Gujarat Titans in the IPL 2023 final by five wickets in a rain-hit match at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Tuesday.
- Chasing a mammoth 215-run chase against GT on Monday evening, rain curtailed the CSK chase after just three balls into the first over with four runs on the board.
- The game resumed after long break following another spell of rain at the venue.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad (26) and Devon Conway (47) set up the chase with a brisk stand before cameos from Ajinkya Rahane (27) and Ambati Rayudu (19) lightened the load.
CSK vs GT IPL 2023 FINAL HIGHLIGHTS With 22 required off 14 balls at the dismissal of Rayudu, CSK skipper MS Dhoni walked out as the no.6 batter and was dismissed for a golden duck by Mohit Sharma. The chase went down to the wire, with 10 required off two balls against Mohit who was hitting back-to-back yorkers against Shivam Dube (32 not out).
How much team will qualify in IPL 2023?
IPL 2023 playoffs schedule, points table, and how the 4 teams qualified | IPL 2023 playoffs schedule, teams and how the 4 teams qualified The league phase of concluded on Sunday night (May 21) and we have confirmation of the four teams that will feature in the playoffs.
- Defending champions Gujarat Titans (GT) were the first team to make the IPL 2023 playoffs.
- On Saturday, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) qualified.
- Also read: While CSK thrashed DC by 77 runs in Delhi in their last league game to qualify, LSG held their nerve to edge Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) by just one run to enter the playoffs.
GT finished on top of the IPL 2023 standings while CSK are second and LSG third. The fourth and last side in the playoffs was known on the last day of the league stage on Sunday. Also read: Mumbai Indians (MI) defeated Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) by 8 wickets and they were confirmed of qualification when later in the day, in the final league game of the season, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) lost to GT in a last-over thriller as Virat Kohli’s ton went in vain.
Also read: Here is how the 4 teams qualified for IPL 2023 playoffs 1. Gujarat Titans (GT) Played: 14, Won: 10, Lost: 4, No Result: 0, Points: 20, Net Run Rate: 0.809 2. Chennai Super Kings (CSK) Played: 14, Won: 8, Lost: 5, NR: 1, Points: 17, NRR: 0.652 3. Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) Played: 14, Won: 8, Lost: 5, NR: 1, Points: 17, NRR: 0.284 4. Mumbai Indians (MI) Played: 14, Won: 8, Lost: 6, NR: 0, Points: 16, NRR: -0.044 Eliminated: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Rajasthan Royals (RR), Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), Punjab Kings (PBKS), Delhi Capitals (DC), Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH). IPL 2023 playoffs schedule (All matches start at 7:30 PM IST) Qualifier 1 (May 23, Tuesday): Chennai: 1 vs 2 (Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings) Eliminator (May 24, Wednesday): Chennai: 3 vs 4 (Lucknow Super Giants vs Mumbai Indians) Qualifier 2 (May 26, Friday): Ahmedabad: Loser of Qualifier 1 vs Winner of Eliminator Final (May 28, Sunday): Ahmedabad: Qualifier 1 winner vs Qualifier 2 winner IPL 2023 Points Table after the league phase (70 matches)
The final standings after the league phase of IPL 2023. Top 4 qualified for the playoffs. : IPL 2023 playoffs schedule, points table, and how the 4 teams qualified | IPL 2023 playoffs schedule, teams and how the 4 teams qualified
What is the points system in IPL 2023?
IPL Points Table 2023 Rules – The primary goal of each of the 10 IPL franchises is to finish in the top-4 of the points-table after the completion of their 14 league-stage fixtures. Then, the secondary goal is to finish in the top-2 as the first and second seeded teams get an extra opportunity to quality for the IPL Finals,
Each team will get 2 points for a win. A team gets 1 point in case the game is abandoned or ends abruptly as No Result. A team will get 0 points in case of a loss.
As far as the ‘Net Run Rate’ is concerned, it is calculated to determine the final position of the teams’ in case more than one of them end up with similar points. The NRR of a team is calculated as the difference between ‘the number of runs scored by the team to the number of overs faced’ to ‘the number of runs conceded by the team to the number of overs bowled’ in the same tournament.
How KKR can qualify for playoffs 2023?
Can Kolkata Knight Riders still qualify for the playoffs in IPL 2023? – Check Here Kolkata Knight Riders have won six out of thirteen games so far in this IPL tournament. Kolkata faced a setback in this IPL season due to a lack of consistent performance from their side. KKR were on the verge of getting eliminated from the IPL 2023 playoff race after losing to Rajasthan Royals very badly in their home but made a comeback against Chennai Super Kings to stay alive in this playoffs race.
- Current points table scenario:
- KKR – 6 wins (13 games)
- Looking at the points table, we have chosen DC, SRH, PBKS, RR, RCB, and MI as the six teams to get eliminated since GT, CSK & LSG already have more than 14 points in the IPL 2023 table.
GT – 9 wins (13 games)CSK – 7 wins (13 games – 1 No Result)LSG – 7 wins (13 games – 1 No Result) MI – 7 wins (13 games)RCB – 6 wins (12 games)RR – 6 wins (13 games)PBKS – 6 wins (12 games)SRH – 4 wins (12 games)DC – 4 wins (12 games) DC and SRH already stand eliminated from the playoffs race as they can maximum get only 12 points in IPL 2023.1.
Remaining schedule of MI in IPL 2023: vs SRH in Mumbai, 21st May MI should lose their last match against SRH since they already have 14 points in the table. If we see both MI & KRR will stay at 14 points in the table. KKR must beat LSG by a very big margin and SRH also must beat MI by a big margin for KKR to qualify for the playoffs in IPL 2023.2.
Remaining games of RCB in IPL 2023: vs SRH in Hyderabad, 18th Mayvs GT in Bengaluru, 21st May
- RCB should lose both of their remaining matches against SRH and GT since they already have 12 points in the table.
- 3. Remaining schedule of RR in IPL 2023:
- RR should lose to PBKS since they already have 12 points in the table.
- 4. Remaining schedule of PBKS in IPL 2023:
vs PBKS in Dharamsala, 19th Mayvs DC in Dharamsala, 17th Mayvs RR in Dharamsala, 19th May PBKS should lose both of their remaining matches against DC and RR since they already have 12 points in the table. But, as per the above scenario, PBKS already defeats RR. PBKS would also end at 14 points with KKR.
- Thus, KKR has the challenge of surpassing the NRR of PBKS also, in the IPL 2023 points table to qualify for the playoffs.
- If all this happens – DC, SRH, PBKS, RR, RCB & MI will be eliminated from the playoffs race in IPL 2023.
- Note: Points table updated till LSG vs MI match-63 of IPL 2023.
Thus, six teams get eliminated if all the above scenario happens, and KKR can qualify for the IPL 2023 playoffs with 14 points. : Can Kolkata Knight Riders still qualify for the playoffs in IPL 2023? – Check Here