Women Ipl Points Table
What is the status of women’s IPL 2023?
2023 Women’s Premier League (cricket) – Wikipedia WPL cricket tournament season 2023 Women’s Premier League Dates4 – 26 March 2023Administrator(s)Cricket formatTournament format(s) and Host(s)IndiaChampions (1st title)Runners-upParticipants5Matches22Player of the series ()Most runs () (345)Most wicketsHayley Matthews (Mumbai Indians) (16)Official website 2024 → Teams The 2023 Women’s Premier League, also known as the WPL 2023 for sponsorship reasons, was the inaugural season of the, a women’s franchise league organised by the (BCCI).
Who will win IPL if rain doesn’t stop?
Going by the data available on weather.com, fans should expect a full 40-over contest. – The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 final between Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Gujarat Titans (GT) saw rain play spoilsport on Sunday. The continuous downpour accompanied by hailstorms in Ahmedabad forced the organisers to push the contest one day ahead and fans will pray for some mercy from the rain gods. Fans can expect a full 40-over contest on Monday(PTI) Going by the data available on weather.com, fans should expect a full 40-over contest between the two heavyweights. However, the conditions in the evening are expected to remain a bit cloudy, with wind speed ranging between 10-15 km/hour.
- ALSO READ: Ahmedabad weather forecast, CSK vs GT IPL 2023 Final: Will rain deny MS Dhoni a fifth trophy on reserve day? Despite positive signals, one can never guarantee if rain will return to hinder the proceedings at the Narendra Modi Stadium on the reserve day.
- In that case what are the possible scenarios: – Like Sunday, if rain delays the start of the contest no overs will be wasted if play starts before 9:40 pm.
Any delay beyond this will mean a reduction in overs. – The rescheduled conditions are as follows: 9:45pm for a19-over game, 10pm for 17-over game, 10:30 pm for 15 over game. – 12.06 am is the cutoff time, which means that this is the last time to conduct a five-over-a-side match.
- If this too is not possible then the match heads into a Super Over.
- For that, the outfield and the pitch must be ready at the latest by 1.20 am.
- If Super Over doesn’t happen then Gujarat will walk away with the title as they finished above Chennai Super Kings on the points table.
- Hardik Pandya-led Gujarat accumulated 20 points and finished top of the table.
Chennai had managed 17 points during the league stages and had ended second on the table. However, there are chances that rain may interrupt the proceedings midway during the contest. So what happens then: -If the rain arrives midway during the first inning and lasts for a substantial time period, overs will be reduced to accommodate both sides to bat.
- If the first innings is conducted smoothly and rain entirely washes out the second inning, then GT will walk home with the title.
- If the first innings is played and rain interrupts after five overs of the second innings, the DL (Duckworth-Lewis) rule will come into play.
- If the match goes into DL rules but still play is not possible, GT will win the title.
Chennai are eyeing for their fifth IPL crown, while Hardik Pandya’s Gujarat aim to expand their legacy by winning back-to-back titles.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR At HT Sports Desk, passionate reporters work round the clock to provide detailed updates from the world of sports. Expect nuanced match reports, previews,reviews, technical analysis based on statistics, the latest social media trends, expert opinions on cricket, football, tennis, badminton, hockey,motorsports, wrestling, boxing, shooting, athletics and much more.
Who won the WPL title 2023?
Following are the details of the WPL 2023 Prize Money:
|Winners||Mumbai Indians||INR 6 Crore|
|Runners-up||Delhi Capitals||INR 3 Crore|
|Orange Cap (Highest Run Scorer)||Meg Lanning (345 runs)||INR 5 Lakh|
|Purple Cap (Highest Wicket Taker)||Hayley Matthews (16 wickets)||INR 5 Lakh|
What is the name of women’s IPL 2023?
Barbados Royals Women Crowned Champions in Breathtaking Massy Women’s CPL Final In an exhilarating showdown at Tarouba on Sunday, the Barbados Royals Women emerged as the queens of the Massy Women’s Caribbean Premier League, clinching the prestigious title for the second edition.
- And the name on everyone’s lips? Hayley Matthews.
- The Royals’ skipper put on a masterclass, showcasing a tour-de-force of cricketing genius.
- Matthews dazzled with the bat, hammering a magnificent 82 off just 59 balls, driving her team to a commanding total of 169/7.
- But she wasn’t done.
- Switching gears, she turned to her lethal off-spin, bagging two crucial wickets that played pivotal roles in the Royals’ triumphant victory over Guyana Amazon Warriors by a slender margin of eight runs.
The Amazon Warriors began their chase with a spark. Sophie Devine, contributed a swift 22. Her partner in crime, Suzie Bates, added a brisk 36. The stage seemed set for a Guyana victory, with Shemaine Campbelle and Natasha McLean powering through the middle order, ticking the scoreboard and leaving just 29 needed off 15 balls.
- But in a twist of fate that would make any blockbuster movie pale in comparison, a sudden run-out of Natasha McLean set in motion a catastrophic collapse.
- From a promising 141/3, the Warriors plummeted to 161/8, largely thanks to the Aussie leg-spin sensation, Amanda-Jade Wellington.
- Delivering an over that will be spoken about for years to come, Wellington dismissed three Warriors in a single over, each of them stumped.
With an enviable 4/23, she was the tormentor-in-chief, including scalping the dangerous Stefanie Taylor right after the powerplay. Rewinding to the Royals’ innings, after an early loss of Gaby Lewis, Matthews decided to take the reins. In a breathtaking display, she dispatched the ball to the boundary ten times and cleared it twice. Alongside her was Rashada Williams, whose quickfire 36 from 23 balls formed part of a match-defining 108-run partnership.
- But just when the Royals seemed unstoppable, Shabnim Ismail produced a magic spell, bagging two wickets in the 17th over, finishing with an impressive 4/30.
- As the dust settles on this electric final, accolades poured in for the players.
- Notably, Shreyanka, the uncapped Indian all-rounder, etched her name in the record books, concluding the tournament as the highest wicket-taker with nine dismissals.
While Sophie Devine was named Player of the Series for her astounding 253 runs and five wickets in just five innings. It was a day where legends were made, narratives were crafted, and the Barbados Royals Women reigned supreme in the Caribbean! : Barbados Royals Women Crowned Champions in Breathtaking Massy Women’s CPL Final
Who won the Tata WPL 2023 safari?
Tata has been the official sponsor for the IPL series since 2018 and its latest official vehicle a mass-market EV –
Tata Tiago EV is the official vehicle for 2023 IPL series. The electric hatch is the carmaker’s mass-market EV. Previous official vehicles from Tata included Harrier, Nexon, Safari and Altroz. Mahindra will be the official sponsor for four IPL teams this year.
It’s no doubt that IPL, short for Indian Premier League, is one of the most loved editions of cricket, seeing fierce battles between teams from different cities. And it’s Indian carmaker Tata Motors who is one of the biggest sponsors of the sport, displaying its various range of cars during the past iterations.
For the latest edition, it’s not the marque’s flagship vehicles that will be the official vehicle, but rather, it’s the humble Tata Tiago EV, This, in contrast to the past, is a surprising but welcoming change. In previous iterations, the carmaker’s official vehicles included models like the Nexon, Harrier, Safari and Altroz,
But for this year, the carmaker has decided to put up its entry-level EV as its official vehicle. Though small in size, there is no doubt that the Tiago EV is one of the most popular electrics around; so this would give it more reach, definitely. What’s more? Tata also keeps its IPL viewers engaged by organising various activities with its viewers, both on and off ground. And recently, the homegrown carmaker was the official sponsor for the Women’s Premier League cricket series, where the Safari Dark Red was the official vehicle. It’s not just Tata Motors that will be participating in the Indian Premier League. Rival carmaker, Mahindra, will be the official sponsor vehicle for four teams : Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Capitals and Rajasthan Royals.