Psl 2023 Points Table
- 1 Which team has chances to win PSL 2023?
- 2 What is the highest score chased in PSL 2023?
Which team has chances to win PSL 2023?
ISLAMABAD UNITED – Islamabad United will start as one of the favorites to win the PSL 2023. They are the only team to win PSL twice. The team lifted the trophy in 2016 and 2018. They have the most wins among all other teams in the league stage to date. The team under the leadership of Shadab Khan has power-packed players such as Moeen Ali, Alex Hales, Mohammad Wasim Jr, and Hasan Ali, to name a few.
Which team is qualified in PSL 2023?
PSL 2023 playoffs: Are Quetta Gladiators and Karachi Kings still in qualification race? The is approaching a critical phase with the fight for four playoff spots intensifying. Defending champions Lahore Qalandars became the first team to qualify for the playoffs after they defeated Multan Sultans by 21 runs on Saturday.
- Lahore have won six of seven matches already, which was enough to ensure passage into the next round.
- Against Multan, Sam Billings (54) and Abdullah Shafique (48) lifted Lahore’s total to 180-9.
- Leg-spinner Rashid Khan landed the knockout blow during Multan’s chase with 3-15 as last year’s runners-up were restricted to 159-7.
- On Sunday, Islamabad United became the second team to qualify for the playoffs after they secured a tense two-wicket win over Quetta Gladiators.
- That leaves four teams to fight it out for the two remaining spots in the next stage of the tournament.
- While Lahore and Islamabad are definitely through, other teams still have a shot of making it to the next round.
- Multan have four wins from seven games and have room to manoeuvre as they need just one more win from three games to progress.
Peshawar Zalmi have three wins and as many defeats, which means they are still firmly in the race. However, Karachi Kings (two wins, six defeats) and Quetta (one win and six losses) are in a precarious position. Last year, Islamabad qualified for the next phase with four wins and six defeats.
- They edged out Quetta in the playoffs race by a fraction on net run rate, with both sides tied on number of wins and defeats.
- That means either Karachi or Quetta can make the cut this year if they achieve four wins by the end of the opening stage, provided Multan and Peshawar don’t reach five wins.
- Peshawar and Multan face each other on Friday.
But no matter how the qualification race pans out, it is clear Quetta have fallen off a cliff. They started PSL as the strongest team, finishing as runners-up in the first two seasons and winning the fourth. However, in the past three seasons the Gladiators have finished either dead last or second last.
- Quetta and Karachi will know on Monday if their disappointing PSL campaigns has any life left when they face off in a bottom-of-the-table clash.
- March 6: Quetta Gladiators v Karachi Kings, Rawalpindi (6pm)
- Mar 7: Peshawar Zalmi v Lahore Qalandars, Rawalpindi (1pm); Islamabad United v Multan Sultans, Rawalpindi (6pm)
- Mar 8: Peshawar Zalmi v Quetta Gladiators, Rawalpindi (6pm)
- Mar 9: Islamabad United v Lahore Qalandars, Rawalpindi (6pm)
- Mar 10: Peshawar Zalmi v Multan Sultans, Rawalpindi (6pm)
- Mar 11: Quetta Gladiators v Multan Sultans, Rawalpindi (6pm)
- Mar 12: Islamabad United v Peshawar Zalmi, Rawalpindi (1pm); Lahore Qalandars v Karachi Kings, Lahore (6pm)
- Mar 15: Qualifier 1, Lahore (6pm)
- Mar 16: Eliminator, Lahore (6pm)
- Mar 17: Qualifier 2 Lahore (6pm)
- Mar 19: Final, Lahore (6pm)
: PSL 2023 playoffs: Are Quetta Gladiators and Karachi Kings still in qualification race?
What is the salary of PSL player in 2023?
Highest paid cricketers at PSL 2023 – Babar Azam (Peshawar Zalmi): up to $170,000* Shaheen Afridi (Lahore Qalandars): $170,000 Mohammad Rizwan (Multan Sultans): $170,000 Shadab Khan (Islamabad United): $170,000 Sam Billings (Lahore Qalandars): $170,000 Tymal Mills (Islamabad United): $170,000 Haider Ali (Karachi Kings): $170,000 Matthew Wade (Karachi Kings): $170,000 Imran Tahir (Karachi Kings): $170,000 Fakhar Zaman (Lahore Qalandars): $170,000 Izharulhaq Naveed (Multan Sultans): $170,000 Gus Atkinson (Islamabad United): $170,000 Josh Little (Multan Sultans): $170,000 Bhanuka Rajapaksa (Peshawar Zalmi): $170,000 Richard Gleeson (Peshawar Zalmi): $170,000 Mohammad Nawaz (Quetta Gladiators): $170,000 Naseem Shah (Quetta Gladiators): $170,000 *All platinum category players receive a salary within the range of $130,000 to $170,000.
Is PSL a successful league?
The decision to hold PSL at home, after years of throttling abroad, has won laurels The curtain has come down on the eight edition of Pakistan Super League. With Lahore Qalandars retaining the coveted title, for the first time in history, the game of extravaganza, fervour and thrill has won millions of hearts at home and abroad. It is a tribute to the gentleman’s game that it sticks to the cores of resilience and passion, as local and foreign players exhibited utmost sportsmanship to make it a success.
The fact that the entire episode was held uninterrupted in Pakistan, despite political and security upheavals, deserves a salute to all those who made it a success. To count the least, it has not only re-spirited the great game of cricket to galvanise talent at home, but has also brought in unprecedented economic dividends.
It was comforting to learn that the PSL had surpassed the Indian Premier League on digital rating, leading by 20 points. Likewise, it generated a bonanza of economic activity at a time when chips were down on the national front, and the commercial enterprise reportedly paid Rs70 crores in taxes to the federal government, Rs50 crores each in sales taxes, and to the provincial coffers.
Last but not least, the biggest achievement was having foreign players at home, who kept their heads high and relived the entertainment with bat and ball, invincibly drawing praise and gratitude. This edition, completely held at home, proved that the people are peace-loving and can go to any extent to support the cause of self-pride, and not a single scuffle or drawdown was witnessed anywhere.
It stands acknowledged at home and beyond. The decision to hold PSL at home, after years of throttling abroad, has won laurels. It has vindicated nationalism and put Pakistan back on the map of international cricket. Similarly, the touring of Aussies, Kiwis, Brits, Zimbabweans and West Indies to Pakistan has come as a shot in the arm, and the PSL follow-up confirmed the capacity and capability to hold big-ticket performances at home.
Which player hit most sixes in PSL 2023?
Most Sixes in PSL 2023 Stats
|1||Fakhar Zaman (LQ)||27|
|2||Rilee Rossouw (MS)||21|
|3||Tom Kohler-Cadmore (PZ)||21|
|4||Colin Munro (IU)||20|
Who scored most runs in PSL 2023?
Most Runs in PSL 2023
|1 M Rizwan||MS||550|
|2 B Azam||PSZ||522|
|3 R Rossouw||MS||453|
|4 F Zaman||LHQ||429|
What is the highest score chased in PSL 2023?
Highest team total in Pakistan Super League: Multan Sultans dominate the PSL list The Pakistan Super League (PSL) has seen teams go past the 200-run figure frequently and several records have been rewritten in the process since the inaugural edition was played in 2016.
- Multan Sultans, powered by Usman Khan’s 43-ball 120, scored 262/3 against Quetta Gladiators in Rawalpindi in March 2023 and it is the record for the highest team total in the Pakistan Super League,
- Their record, however, was in danger after the likes of Martin Guptill, Omair Yousuf, Iftikhar Ahmed, and Umar Akmal almost took Quetta Gladiators home.
The Gladiators ended up getting 253/8 in their 20 overs which is the second-highest team total in PSL history. Before the match between Multan Sultans and Quetta Gladiators, no team in PSL history had gone past the 250-mark. In fact, it was the first time that a side had crossed 250 runs in any T20 innings in Pakistan.
- Previously, the highest team total in the PSL was slammed by Islamabad United against Peshawar Zalmi in 2021.
- Islamabad United had reached 247/2 in 20 overs thanks to Usman Khawaja’s unbeaten 105 from 56 balls.
- Next on the list for highest team totals in the PSL once again features the Sultans.
- Multan Sultans scored 245/3 against Quetta Gladiators in PSL 2022 riding on their captain Mohammed Rizwan’s fluent 83 not out from 54 balls.
They eventually won the match by 117 runs. Sultans’ 245/3 is the fourth-highest team total in PSL history. The highest run-chase in PSL also belongs to Multan Sultans after they chased down Peshawar Zalmi’s 242/6 with five balls to spare in PSL 2023. South African batter Rilee Rossouw made 121 from 51 balls and led from the front after the Sultans lost two wickets inside the first three overs.
Which team is eliminated from PSL 2023?
PSL 2023 Playoffs Race: Pakistan Super League – Lahore Qalandars, Multan Sultans, Islamabad United & Peshawar Zalmi have qualified for the playoffs. Quetta By 6 months ago Monday – March 13, 2023 1:04 am PSL 2023 Playoffs Race: Pakistan Super League – Lahore Qalandars, Multan Sultans, Islamabad United & Peshawar Zalmi have qualified for the playoffs. Quetta Gladiators with a heart-breaking loss against Multan Sultans have been eliminated. Karachi Kings were the first team to bite the dust in the playoff race.
Lahore Qalanadars Multan Sultans Islamabad United Peshawar Zalmi
Also read: PSL 2023: ‘Ek Kohli bacha hai or ek Tusi’ WATCH as Haris Rauf sets sights on Virat Kohli and Babar Azam wickets, CHECK out