Points Table Ipl Wpl
How many teams will qualify in WPL for playoffs?
Led by captain Harmanpreet Kaur’s third half-century, Mumbai Indians sealed its WPL 2023 playoffs berth with its fifth win on Saturday. | Photo Credit: PTI Led by captain Harmanpreet Kaur’s third half-century, Mumbai Indians sealed its WPL 2023 playoffs berth with its fifth win on Saturday. | Photo Credit: PTI Mumbai Indians qualified for the inaugural Women’s Premier League (WPL) Playoffs with a thumping 55-run win over Gujarat Giants at the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai on Tuesday.
- MI, led by Harmanpreet Kaur, recorded its fifth successive win as it defeat GG for the second time this season to ensure its spot in the knockouts.
- After being sent into bat by GG, Mumbai posted a commanding 162 for eight despite its slow start.
- Skipper Harmanpreet’s quickfire 51 – her third half-century of the season – set up a superb finish as MI amassed 98 runs in the last 10 overs.
Mumbai began its campaign with a massive 143-run win against Gujarat in the tournament opener on March 3. It remains the biggest win margin of the tournament in terms of runs. Mumbai then aced three comfortable run chases against Royal Challengers Bangalore (by nine wickets), Delhi Capitals (by eight wickets) and UP Warriorz (by eight wickets).
- Nat Sciver-Brunt leads the batting charts for Mumbai with 182 runs in five innings.
- Left-arm spinner Saika Ishaque leads the bowling charts with 12 wickets from five matches and is the current holder of the Purple Cap.
- The top three teams in the five-franchise tournament will proceed to the Playoffs.
- The league stage leader will proceed directly to the final while the second and third-placed teams will play in the March 24 eliminator.
Delhi holds the second spot with eight points while UP Warriorz is placed third with four points after four games. Gujarat is stranded on two points from five games while Bangalore is winless from five contests. The final will be held on March 26 at the Braboure Stadium.
Can KKR qualify in IPL?
Can Kolkata Knight Riders still qualify for the playoffs in IPL 2023? – Check Here Kolkata Knight Riders have won six out of thirteen games so far in this IPL tournament. Kolkata faced a setback in this IPL season due to a lack of consistent performance from their side. KKR were on the verge of getting eliminated from the IPL 2023 playoff race after losing to Rajasthan Royals very badly in their home but made a comeback against Chennai Super Kings to stay alive in this playoffs race.
- Current points table scenario:
- KKR – 6 wins (13 games)
- Looking at the points table, we have chosen DC, SRH, PBKS, RR, RCB, and MI as the six teams to get eliminated since GT, CSK & LSG already have more than 14 points in the IPL 2023 table.
GT – 9 wins (13 games)CSK – 7 wins (13 games – 1 No Result)LSG – 7 wins (13 games – 1 No Result) MI – 7 wins (13 games)RCB – 6 wins (12 games)RR – 6 wins (13 games)PBKS – 6 wins (12 games)SRH – 4 wins (12 games)DC – 4 wins (12 games) DC and SRH already stand eliminated from the playoffs race as they can maximum get only 12 points in IPL 2023.1.
- Remaining schedule of MI in IPL 2023: vs SRH in Mumbai, 21st May MI should lose their last match against SRH since they already have 14 points in the table.
- If we see both MI & KRR will stay at 14 points in the table.
- R must beat LSG by a very big margin and SRH also must beat MI by a big margin for KKR to qualify for the playoffs in IPL 2023.2.
Remaining games of RCB in IPL 2023: vs SRH in Hyderabad, 18th Mayvs GT in Bengaluru, 21st May
- RCB should lose both of their remaining matches against SRH and GT since they already have 12 points in the table.
- 3. Remaining schedule of RR in IPL 2023:
- RR should lose to PBKS since they already have 12 points in the table.
- 4. Remaining schedule of PBKS in IPL 2023:
vs PBKS in Dharamsala, 19th Mayvs DC in Dharamsala, 17th Mayvs RR in Dharamsala, 19th May PBKS should lose both of their remaining matches against DC and RR since they already have 12 points in the table. But, as per the above scenario, PBKS already defeats RR. PBKS would also end at 14 points with KKR.
- Thus, KKR has the challenge of surpassing the NRR of PBKS also, in the IPL 2023 points table to qualify for the playoffs.
- If all this happens – DC, SRH, PBKS, RR, RCB & MI will be eliminated from the playoffs race in IPL 2023.
- Note: Points table updated till LSG vs MI match-63 of IPL 2023.
Thus, six teams get eliminated if all the above scenario happens, and KKR can qualify for the IPL 2023 playoffs with 14 points. : Can Kolkata Knight Riders still qualify for the playoffs in IPL 2023? – Check Here
How many teams will qualify for WPL semifinal?
Womens IPL playoffs qualification – How would these three playoffs teams be decided then? Its pretty simple. The team which tops the points table after the end of the league stage automatically qualifies for the grand finale, which will take place at the in Mumbai, on March 26 (Sunday).
This means that the table-toppers would not be required to play the qualifiers to book their grand finale berth. Thus, the first match of the playoffs will be the ‘Eliminator’, which will take place between the second and third placed teams in the points table. The teams which finish on the fourth and fifth spot in the table get eliminated.
The winner of the ‘Eliminator’ will eventually face the table-topper in the final. : WPL rules for playoffs: How many teams will qualify in WPL playoffs 2023?
How many teams will go to playoffs?
Which four teams will make the cut for the playoffs for IPL 2023 ? This has once again been an extremely open season and all 10 teams are still mathematically alive in the race for the four playoff berths. With 15 matches left to play in the league stage of IPL 2023, there remain nearly 33,000 possible combinations of results.
- TOI looks at each of these possibilities to calculate the chances of individual teams making it to the playoffs.
- As things stand, two teams are almost certain to make the play-offs, one other is a strong favourite to do so and none of the others are as yet definitely out.
- Also any of them barring DC can in fact tie for top spot.
IPL POINTS TABLE | SCHEDULE & RESULTS TOI’s Shankar Raghuraman does the number crunching to determine how the teams stand as of Thursday, May 11 morning: 1. GT are already certain to finish in one of the top three slots in terms of points. The lowest they can finish is tied third and their chances of being sole leader are 73.5%.
It is however still theoretically possible that they miss out on NRR after finishing in a tie with more than one other team for the third spot 2. CSK’s already high chances of making it to the top four on points have now reached 98.6% after Wednesday’s win with nearly 32,300 of the remaining 32,768 combinations of results putting them in that bracket either singly or jointly 3.
Currently in third place, MI’s chances of making the top four on points now stand at 76.1% or a little better than three in four, though this includes situations in which NRR could come into play 4. Despite being in fourth spot currently, LSG are more likely than not to miss out with a 44.7% chance of getting into the top four and even that includes scenarios in which they are only joint fourth, some of them with multiple teams 5.
Currently in fifth place, RR’s chances of making the top four on points are just a bit better than one in three, or 35.9% and once again that includes scenarios with two or more teams tied for the fourth spot 6. KKR are now in sixth spot, but their chances of finishing in the top four in terms of points, either singly or jointly, are the same as RR’s at 35.9% 7.
PK too have just a little more than a one in three chance of finishing among the top four on points – singly or jointly. To be precise they have a 34.1% chance of achieving that 8. Tuesday’s loss to MI has severely dented RCB’s chances of finishing in the top four, which are down to 34.5%, and even this includes situations of teams tied on points for the last spot 9.
Ninth placed SRH have less than a one in four (23.4%) chance of finishing among the top four on points, but this tournament has been so even that they can still finish tied for the top spot if they win all their remaining games 10. Languishing at or near the bottom for most of the tournament, DC can still make it to the play-offs but their chances of making the top four are no more than 6.9%.
Even if they win all their remaining matches, they can at best tie for third or fourth spot and most of those involve multiple teams (AI image) How we calculate these probabilities: We look at all 32,768 possible combinations of results with 15 matches remaining. We assume that for any given match the chances of either side winning are even. We then look at how many of the combinations put each team in one of the top four slots by points.
How many teams qualify for World Cup 2023?
All the squads: Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023 All the squads have been finalised for the high-stakes Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023 that will decide which two teams claim the remaining spots in the Cricket World Cup in India. The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023 will be played in Zimbabwe between June 18 and July 9, with 10 teams competing for two spots in the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup later this year. The Path to the 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup
- Ireland : Andrew Balbirnie (c), Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Graham Hume, Josh Little, Andy McBrine, Barry McCarthy, PJ Moor, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Ben White, Craig Young
- Nepal : Rohit Paudel (c), Kushal Bhurtel, Aasif Sheikh, Gyanendra Malla, Kushal Malla, Aarif Sheikh, Dipendra Singh Airee, Gulsan Jha, Sompal Kami, Karan KC, Sandeep Lamichhane, Bhim Sharki, Lalit Rajbanshi, Pratish JC, Arjun Saud, Kishor Mahato
- Netherlands : Scott Edwards (c), Max O’Dowd, Logan van Beek, Vikram Singh, Aryan Dutt, Viv Kingma, Bas de Leede, Noah Croes, Ryan Klein, Teja Nidamanuru, Wesley Barresi, Shariz Ahmad, Clayton Floyd, Michael Levitt, Saqib Zulfiqar
- Oman : Zeeshan Maqsood (c), Aqib Ilyas (vc), Jatinder Singh, Kashyap Prajapati, Shoaib Khan, Mohammed Nadeem, Sandeep Goud, Ayaan Khan, Suraj Kumar, Adeel Shafique, Naseem Khushi, Bilal Khan, Kaleemullah, Fayyaz Butt, Jay Odedra, Samay Shrivastav, Rafiullah
- Scotland : Richie Berrington (c), Matthew Cross, Alasdair Evans, Chris Greaves, Jack Jarvis, Michael Leask, Tom Mackintosh, Chris McBride, Brandon McMullen, George Munsey, Adrian Neill, Safyaan Sharif, Chris Sole, Hamza Tahir, Mark Watt
- Sri Lanka : Dasun Shanaka (c), Kusal Mendis (vc & wk), Dimuth Karunaratne, Pathum Nissanka, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Sadeera Samarawickrama (wk), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Dushmantha Chameera, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Maheesh Theekshana, Matheesha Pathirana, Dushan Hemantha
Best of Sri Lanka spinner Wanindu Hasaranga | T20WC 2022 Best of Sri Lanka spinner Wanindu Hasaranga at the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022
- UAE : Mohammad Waseem (c), Ethan D’Souza, Ali Naseer, Vriitya Aravind, Rameez Shahzad, Jawadullah, Asif Khan, Rohan Mustafa, Aayan Khan, Junaid Siddique, Zahoor Khan, Sanchit Sharma, Aryansh Sharma, Karthik Meiyappan, Basil Hameed
- USA : Monank Patel (c), Aaron Jones (vc), Abhishek Paradkar, Ali Khan, Gajanand Singh, Jasdeep Singh, Kyle Philip,Nisarg Patel, Nostush Kenjige, Saiteja Mukkamalla, Saurabh Netravalkar, Shayan Jahangir, Steven Taylor, Sushant Modani, Usman Rafiq
- West Indies : Shai Hope (c), Rovman Powell (vc), Shamarh Brooks, Yannic Cariah, Keacy Carty, Johnson Charles, Roston Chase, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Keemo Paul, Nicholas Pooran, Romario Shepherd
- Zimbabwe : Ryan Burl, Tendai Chatara, Craig Ervine, Bradley Evans, Joylord Gumbie, Luke Jongwe, Innocent Kaia, Clive Madande, Wessly Madhevere, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Wellington Masakadza, Blessing Muzarabani, Richard Ngarava, Sikandar Raza, Sean Williams
The Road to India 2023 via the Cricket World Cup Qualifer : All the squads: Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023