Points Table Ipl 2023 Live
Did CSK qualify for playoffs 2023?
GT, CSK, LSG and MI qualified for the IPL 2023 Playoffs after 70 league stage matches. | Photo Credit: SPORTSTAR GT, CSK, LSG and MI qualified for the IPL 2023 Playoffs after 70 league stage matches. | Photo Credit: SPORTSTAR The IPL 2023 Playoffs line-up was confirmed after Royal Challengers Bangalore went down to defending champion Gujarat Titans in the final league stage match in Bengaluru on Sunday.
GT will now face Chennai Super Kings in the first Qualifier while RCB’s defeat enabled Mumbai Indians to lock in the fourth spot in the IPL. MI will face Lucknow Super Giants in the Eliminator match in Chennai on Wednesday. While CSK qualified for the Playoffs for the 12th time, MI reached the last-four stage for the 10th time in 16 seasons.
Meanwhile, GT and LSG achieved their second successive Playoffs spots since joining the league in 2022. Here is a look at the IPL 2023 Playoffs schedule
Qualifier 1: Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings – M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai – May 23, 2023 – Tuesday, 7:30 PM IST Eliminator: Mumbai Indians vs Lucknow Super Giants – M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai – May 24, 2023 – Wednesday 7:30 PM IST Qualifier 2: Loser of QF1 v Winner of Eliminator – Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad – May 26, 2023 – Friday 7:30 PM IST Final: Winner of Q1 v Winner of Q2 – Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad – May 28, 2023 – SundayM 7:30 PM IST
Is MI qualified for playoffs?
GT, CSK, LSG and MI have qualified for the IPL 2023 playoffs.
How much CSK pays for Dhoni in 2023?
The Chennai Super Kings made a strategic decision to retain the exceptional IPL performer, MS Dhoni, for a staggering sum of Rs 12 crore. In a thrilling finale, the Chennai Super Kings, led by the legendary MS Dhoni, clinched their fifth Indian Premier League trophy.
- Dhoni, fondly referred to as “Captain Cool,” has etched his name in the annals of Indian cricketing history as one of the most successful captains of all time.
- Despite retiring from all forms of international cricket, MSD continues to ply his trade in the IPL.
- The former captain of the Indian cricket team has proven to be successful both on and off the field.
With numerous investments and famous brand endorsements, he has become one of the wealthiest sportspeople in India. Reports suggest that MS Dhoni’s net worth is approximately Rs 1,040 crore. This remarkable financial success can be attributed to his wise investments, lucrative brand endorsements, and substantial IPL salary.
- MS Dhoni’s per match salary in IPL 2023 The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a highly anticipated event in the world of cricket, with 10 teams competing in a total of 74 matches.
- Each team is set to play a maximum of 14 matches, making for an exciting and action-packed tournament.
- The Chennai Super Kings made a strategic decision to retain the exceptional IPL performer, MS Dhoni, for a staggering sum of Rs 12 crore.
As the former Indian skipper, Dhoni resumed his role as the captain of CSK, bringing his invaluable leadership skills to the team. This decision also implies that Dhoni’s per-match salary for IPL 2023 will be substantial. As an esteemed member of the Chennai Super Kings (CSK), MS Dhoni’s per match salary in IPL 2023 was estimated to be around Rs 85.71 lakhs.
Who is the top scorer of CSK?
2011–2015: Success and suspension – Suresh Raina is the leading run-scorer for the Super Kings. In 2011, as two new teams were added to the IPL, the IPL Governing Council declared that each franchise could retain a maximum of four players of their squad, only three of whom can be Indian players, and the rest of the international players would be put in the mega-auction.
The Chennai franchise, keen to have the same set of core players, retained captain MS Dhoni, vice-captain Suresh Raina, Murali Vijay and all-rounder Albie Morkel for a total of $4.5 million. The retention left them with the power of spending only $4.5 million at the mega-auction. At the auction, they bought back some of their star players of previous seasons such as Hussey, Ashwin, Bollinger and Subramaniam Badrinath,
In the 2011 IPL, they lost three of their first five games which placed them at the bottom of the ten-team points table. But then, they went on to win seven of their next eight games to finish second and register a spot in the knockout stages. They faced the top-ranked team Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Qualifying final which they won by 6 wickets thanks to an unbeaten 73 from Suresh Raina.
- In the final, they faced the same opponents again, which was held at their home ground Chepauk,
- Vijay and Hussey put on a 133-run first-wicket partnership that helped the Super Kings to post a total of 205/5.
- Their bowlers, then, restricted Bangalore to only 147 to take the Super Kings to the second consecutive title in the IPL.
Vijay was awarded Man of the Match for his match-winning innings of 95. CSK also won all their home games that season becoming the first team in IPL to achieve the feat. However at the Champions League later that year, they won only one out of their four group matches and finished at the bottom.
- In 2012, the franchise signed up Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja for $2 million at the players’ auction,
- They got off to a rather slow start in the regular season, winning only five of their first 12 games which put them in doubt of qualifying for the Playoffs.
- Then they won three of their last four matches and qualified for the Playoffs with a better net run rate than the Royal Challengers who also finished with the same number of points.
In the Eliminator, they beat the Mumbai Indians by 38 runs before comprehensively beating the table-toppers Delhi Daredevils in the Qualifying final by 86 runs. Murali Vijay, who struck his second IPL hundred (113 off 58 balls), won the Man of the Match.
At the final, the Super Kings were defeated by 5 wickets by the Kolkata Knight Riders who chased down the target of 191 with two balls to spare, thus denying the Super Kings a hat-trick of titles in the IPL. At the Champions League, once again they could not progress past the group stage with two wins and two defeats.
In 2013, the Super Kings strengthened their bowling attack by signing up five overseas and five Indian bowlers. In the IPL season, they finished first in the points table with 11 wins from 16 matches and qualified for the Playoffs and 2013 CLT20, This was the first time in six seasons that the Super Kings had topped the league table of the IPL.
During the season, they also equaled Royal Challengers Bangalore’s 2011 record for most wins in succession in the IPL (7 wins on trot). In the first Qualifier at Delhi against Mumbai Indians, the Super Kings posted 192/1 in 20 overs riding on unbeaten half-centuries from Hussey (86* off 58 balls) and Raina (82* off 42 balls) before bowling out their opponents for 144.
Thus they entered the final of the IPL for the fourth time in succession where they would play the same opponents, Mumbai Indians, at Kolkata, At the final, batting first, the Mumbai Indians made 148/9 in their 20 overs. In reply, the Super Kings were reduced to 39/6 at one stage before an unbeaten half-century from skipper Dhoni took them close to the target.
- However, the Mumbai Indians won the match by 23 runs to win their first ever IPL title.
- The Super Kings’ opening batsman, Michael Hussey, who scored 733 runs that season at an average of 52, won the Orange Cap for the most runs in the season, while all-rounder Dwayne Bravo won the Purple Cap for bagging the most wickets (32).
The Super Kings gained direct qualification for the 2013 CLT20 which was held in India in September–October. They were placed in Group B alongside Brisbane Heat, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Titans and Trinidad & Tobago, They won their first three games before losing the final group match against Trinidad & Tobago.
- With 12 points from four matches, the Super Kings progressed to the semifinals where they suffered a 14-run defeat at the hands of the Rajasthan Royals at Jaipur.
- In 2014, before the players’ mega-auction, Chennai retained Dhoni, Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin and Bravo.
- The retention left them with a purse of ₹ 21 crores to spend at the auction.
At the auction, the franchise bought the likes of Brendon McCullum, Dwayne Smith, Faf du Plessis, Ashish Nehra, Mohit Sharma among others. The first phase of the IPL season, as it coincided with the general elections, was held in UAE, The second phase returned to India, but the Super Kings’ home matches were shifted from Chennai, due to “a deadlock between stadium authorities and the state administration”, to JSCA International Stadium in Ranchi.
- The Super Kings started the season with a defeat in the opening match, after which they went on to win eight of their next nine matches to take the first spot in the points table.
- However, they suffered a loss of form towards the end of the regular season which resulted in three consecutive defeats.
- They won their last league fixture and finished third in the points table and qualified for the Eliminator against the fourth-placed Mumbai Indians.
They won the Eliminator at Mumbai by 7 wickets and qualified for the Qualifier. At the Qualifier against Kings XI Punjab, the Super Kings won the toss and elected to field. Punjab went on to score 226/6 in their 20 overs. The Super Kings, in reply, could manage only 202/7 despite a 25-ball 87 from Raina.
- They crashed out of the IPL, but, on account of finishing third, qualified for the main event of the 2014 CLT20,
- In the group stage of the CLT20, the Super Kings won two matches, lost one while another match was a no result.
- Thus with 10 points they finished second in the group table and qualified for the semifinal where they met the unbeaten team of the other group, Kings XI Punjab.
After being put in to bat, the Super Kings posted 182/7 in 20 overs thanks to Bravo who scored a 39-ball 67. Then their bowlers reduced Punjab to 34/6 in the eighth over, before eventually bowling them out for 117. At the final in Bangalore, the Super Kings faced the IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders who set them a target of 181 in 20 overs.
- Raina guided the run-chase with an unbeaten 109 off 62 balls, helping the team to an eight-wicket win and their second CLT20 title.
- Super Kings spinner Pawan Negi who took 5/22 during Kolkata’s innings won the Man of the Match, and Raina, who finished as the highest run-getter of the tournament, was awarded Man of the Tournament.
In 2015, before the players’ auction, Chennai Super Kings gave away Ben Hilfenhaus, John Hastings, Vijay Shankar and David Hussey, At the auction they bought back Michael Hussey for a price of ₹1.5 crores. They also bought Kyle Abbott, Irfan Pathan, Andrew Tye, Eklavya Dwivedi, Ankush Bains, Pratyush Singh and Rahul Sharma,
Who will retire after IPL 2023?
Ambati Rayudu will retire from the IPL after IPL 2023 final. | Photo Credit: Getty Images Ambati Rayudu will retire from the IPL after IPL 2023 final. | Photo Credit: Getty Images Chennai Super Kings batter Ambati Rayudu announced that he will retire from the Indian Premier League (IPL) after his side’s IPL 2023 final against Gujarat Titans in Ahmedabad on Sunday.
2 great teams MI and CSK, 204 matches, 14 seasons, 11 playoffs, 8 finals, 5 trophies. Hopefully 6th tonight. It’s been quite a journey. I have decided that tonight’s final is going to be my last game in the IPL. I truly enjoyed playing this great tournament. Thank u all. No u turn,” Rayudu announced on Twitter.
Rayudu made his IPL debut in 2010 with the Mumbai Indians in 2010 and played for the side till the 2017 season, winning three titles. Rayudu was snapped up by CSK for the 2018 season where he recorded his best IPL season with 602 runs in 16 innings at an average of 43.
Rayudu also recorded his best of 100 not out in the same edition. In 2022, the then 36-year-old prematurely announced his IPL retirement after his fifth season with CSK. “I am happy to announce that this will be my last ipl. I have had a wonderful time playing it and being a part of 2 great teams for 13 years.
Would love to sincerely thank Mumbai Indians and Csk for the wonderful journey,” Rayudu had tweeted. The post was, however, deleted within an hour after intervention from the CSK management. Ahead of Sunday’s final, Rayudu featured in 15 matches this season, aggregating 139 runs.
Which team will come in IPL 2023?
Frequently Asked Questions About IPL 2023: – 1. How many teams will play in IPL 2023? 10 teams will play in IPL 2023.2. What are the two new teams in IPL 2023? Gujarat Titans and Lucknow Super Giants are the two new teams in IPL 2023.3. When will IPL 2023 begin? IPL 2023 is tentatively scheduled at the end week of March or the first week of April.4.