Ipl Point Table Today
What is the run rate of CSK?
#4. Mumbai Indians –
CSK played total 14 matches in IPL 2023.Out of 14 match CSK won 8 matches and had to face defeat in 6 matches.CSK net run rate is +0.044.CSK has 16 total points.
Who is at the top in IPL 2023?
IPL 2023 Points Table – The IPL points table 2023 of today is given below:
|1||Gujarat Titans (Q)||14||10||4||0||0||20||0.809|
|2||Chennai Super Kings (Q)||14||8||5||0||1||17||0.652|
|3||Lucknow Super Giants (Q)||14||8||5||0||1||17||0.284|
|4||Mumbai Indians (Q)||14||8||6||0||0||16||-0.044|
|6||Royal Challengers Bangalore||14||7||7||0||0||14||0.135|
|7||Kolkata Knight Riders||14||6||7||0||0||12||-0.239|
M- Matches W- Win L- Lose T- Tie N/R- No Result PTS- Points NRR- Net Run Rate
Who is better CSK or RR?
Q. How many times CSK won from RR? – Ans: Since the inception of the IPL in 2008, CSK and RR have faced each other 28 times, In which CSK won 15 matches while RR won 13 matches so far.
Is CSK profitable?
India Cements ‘ arm Chennai Super Kings Cricket Ltd (CSKCL), which runs the IPL franchise team CSK, continues to stay profitable aided by lower costs amid a drop in total revenue in FY23. CSKCL reported a profit after tax of ₹52 crore for 2022-23 compared to ₹32 crore in FY22, an increase of about 63 per cent, according to the annual report of the company.
- In FY23, CSKCL garnered a total revenue of ₹292 crore, down from ₹349 crore in FY22.
- Its revenue from operations was at ₹273 crore in FY23, while other income stood at ₹19 crore.
- The franchise secured about ₹192 crore as an income from the grant of central rights in FY23 (₹242 crore in FY22).
- Sponsorship income was higher at ₹78 crore when compared with ₹65 crore in FY22, while tournaments related income dropped to ₹4 crore (₹34 crore in FY22).
Also read: India Cements plans ₹1,600-cr spend to boost the efficiency of its vintage factories Its total expenses stood at ₹222 crore, which included ₹92 crore for team players and staff remuneration, ₹50 crore for franchise fee, ₹38 crore for tournament expenses and ₹16 crore for administration expenses.
Total expenses were down significantly when compared with ₹308 crore in FY22. CSK won the IPL Championship in May 2023. CSK team has been the most consistent IPL team and has won five IPL titles, appeared in 10 IPL finals, and qualified for the playoff stages 12 times. CSKCL’s South African subsidiary Joburg Super Kings Ltd was awarded the right to operate a team in the city of Johannesburg and the team was named Joburg Super Kings.
Given T20’s cricket evolution, brand loyalty, league strategy, and success of the first season, the Company believes that this venture will add significant value to the shareholders despite investments in the initial few yea₹ However, it made an operating loss of ₹33 crore in FY23.
Meanwhile, CSKCL under its subsidiary Superking Ventures Pvt Ltd will be focusing on various cricketing activities including setting up and developing high-performance centres and cricket and sports academies for providing state-of-the-art training facilities to the sports personnel including budding cricketers to develop their level of competency to the national/international standards.
As part of the same, the company proposes to purchase land measuring 19,208 sq ft together with a building with a built-up area of 50,912 sq ft at Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai, for an amount not exceeding ₹70 crore from EWS Finance and Investments Private Ltd.
- Also read: Viacom18 secures BCCI TV and digital rights in ₹5,963-cr deal In FY23, Superking Ventures started 2 academies — one each in Chennai and Salem in Tamil Nadu.
- The Company has also plans to start academies in other places.
- The company had more than 400 students enrolled in the academies with the numbers constantly going up.
It has also proposed to increase the existing borrowing limit from ₹250 crore to ₹350 crore.
Who hit most runs for CSK?
2011–2015: Success and suspension – Suresh Raina is the leading run-scorer for the Super Kings. In 2011, as two new teams were added to the IPL, the IPL Governing Council declared that each franchise could retain a maximum of four players of their squad, only three of whom can be Indian players, and the rest of the international players would be put in the mega-auction.
- The Chennai franchise, keen to have the same set of core players, retained captain MS Dhoni, vice-captain Suresh Raina, Murali Vijay and all-rounder Albie Morkel for a total of $4.5 million.
- The retention left them with the power of spending only $4.5 million at the mega-auction.
- At the auction, they bought back some of their star players of previous seasons such as Hussey, Ashwin, Bollinger and Subramaniam Badrinath,
In the 2011 IPL, they lost three of their first five games which placed them at the bottom of the ten-team points table. But then, they went on to win seven of their next eight games to finish second and register a spot in the knockout stages. They faced the top-ranked team Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Qualifying final which they won by 6 wickets thanks to an unbeaten 73 from Suresh Raina.
- In the final, they faced the same opponents again, which was held at their home ground Chepauk,
- Vijay and Hussey put on a 133-run first-wicket partnership that helped the Super Kings to post a total of 205/5.
- Their bowlers, then, restricted Bangalore to only 147 to take the Super Kings to the second consecutive title in the IPL.
Vijay was awarded Man of the Match for his match-winning innings of 95. CSK also won all their home games that season becoming the first team in IPL to achieve the feat. However at the Champions League later that year, they won only one out of their four group matches and finished at the bottom.
- In 2012, the franchise signed up Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja for $2 million at the players’ auction,
- They got off to a rather slow start in the regular season, winning only five of their first 12 games which put them in doubt of qualifying for the Playoffs.
- Then they won three of their last four matches and qualified for the Playoffs with a better net run rate than the Royal Challengers who also finished with the same number of points.
In the Eliminator, they beat the Mumbai Indians by 38 runs before comprehensively beating the table-toppers Delhi Daredevils in the Qualifying final by 86 runs. Murali Vijay, who struck his second IPL hundred (113 off 58 balls), won the Man of the Match.
At the final, the Super Kings were defeated by 5 wickets by the Kolkata Knight Riders who chased down the target of 191 with two balls to spare, thus denying the Super Kings a hat-trick of titles in the IPL. At the Champions League, once again they could not progress past the group stage with two wins and two defeats.
In 2013, the Super Kings strengthened their bowling attack by signing up five overseas and five Indian bowlers. In the IPL season, they finished first in the points table with 11 wins from 16 matches and qualified for the Playoffs and 2013 CLT20, This was the first time in six seasons that the Super Kings had topped the league table of the IPL.
During the season, they also equaled Royal Challengers Bangalore’s 2011 record for most wins in succession in the IPL (7 wins on trot). In the first Qualifier at Delhi against Mumbai Indians, the Super Kings posted 192/1 in 20 overs riding on unbeaten half-centuries from Hussey (86* off 58 balls) and Raina (82* off 42 balls) before bowling out their opponents for 144.
Thus they entered the final of the IPL for the fourth time in succession where they would play the same opponents, Mumbai Indians, at Kolkata, At the final, batting first, the Mumbai Indians made 148/9 in their 20 overs. In reply, the Super Kings were reduced to 39/6 at one stage before an unbeaten half-century from skipper Dhoni took them close to the target.
However, the Mumbai Indians won the match by 23 runs to win their first ever IPL title. The Super Kings’ opening batsman, Michael Hussey, who scored 733 runs that season at an average of 52, won the Orange Cap for the most runs in the season, while all-rounder Dwayne Bravo won the Purple Cap for bagging the most wickets (32).
The Super Kings gained direct qualification for the 2013 CLT20 which was held in India in September–October. They were placed in Group B alongside Brisbane Heat, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Titans and Trinidad & Tobago, They won their first three games before losing the final group match against Trinidad & Tobago.
With 12 points from four matches, the Super Kings progressed to the semifinals where they suffered a 14-run defeat at the hands of the Rajasthan Royals at Jaipur. In 2014, before the players’ mega-auction, Chennai retained Dhoni, Raina, Jadeja, Ashwin and Bravo. The retention left them with a purse of ₹ 21 crores to spend at the auction.
At the auction, the franchise bought the likes of Brendon McCullum, Dwayne Smith, Faf du Plessis, Ashish Nehra, Mohit Sharma among others. The first phase of the IPL season, as it coincided with the general elections, was held in UAE, The second phase returned to India, but the Super Kings’ home matches were shifted from Chennai, due to “a deadlock between stadium authorities and the state administration”, to JSCA International Stadium in Ranchi.
The Super Kings started the season with a defeat in the opening match, after which they went on to win eight of their next nine matches to take the first spot in the points table. However, they suffered a loss of form towards the end of the regular season which resulted in three consecutive defeats. They won their last league fixture and finished third in the points table and qualified for the Eliminator against the fourth-placed Mumbai Indians.
They won the Eliminator at Mumbai by 7 wickets and qualified for the Qualifier. At the Qualifier against Kings XI Punjab, the Super Kings won the toss and elected to field. Punjab went on to score 226/6 in their 20 overs. The Super Kings, in reply, could manage only 202/7 despite a 25-ball 87 from Raina.
- They crashed out of the IPL, but, on account of finishing third, qualified for the main event of the 2014 CLT20,
- In the group stage of the CLT20, the Super Kings won two matches, lost one while another match was a no result.
- Thus with 10 points they finished second in the group table and qualified for the semifinal where they met the unbeaten team of the other group, Kings XI Punjab.
After being put in to bat, the Super Kings posted 182/7 in 20 overs thanks to Bravo who scored a 39-ball 67. Then their bowlers reduced Punjab to 34/6 in the eighth over, before eventually bowling them out for 117. At the final in Bangalore, the Super Kings faced the IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders who set them a target of 181 in 20 overs.
Raina guided the run-chase with an unbeaten 109 off 62 balls, helping the team to an eight-wicket win and their second CLT20 title. Super Kings spinner Pawan Negi who took 5/22 during Kolkata’s innings won the Man of the Match, and Raina, who finished as the highest run-getter of the tournament, was awarded Man of the Tournament.
In 2015, before the players’ auction, Chennai Super Kings gave away Ben Hilfenhaus, John Hastings, Vijay Shankar and David Hussey, At the auction they bought back Michael Hussey for a price of ₹1.5 crores. They also bought Kyle Abbott, Irfan Pathan, Andrew Tye, Eklavya Dwivedi, Ankush Bains, Pratyush Singh and Rahul Sharma,
Who is the top scorer in IPL history?
1) Virat Kohli (Bangalore): 7263 runs Virat Kohli holds the record for scoring the most runs in IPL. He leads the table with 7263 runs in 237 matches, including 7 centuries and 50 fifties. Virat’s IPL career has seen him hit 643 fours and 234 sixes, at an average of 37.24 and a strike rate of 130.02.
Who is the highest run scorer in IPL history?
Star RCB batsman Virat Kohli currently holds the record for scoring most runs in the IPL. Virat Kohli tops the table with 7263 runs as he has amassed in 237 IPL matches (229 innings) till date in the shortest format of the game at international level.
Who is big followers in IPL?
The first number on this list is the Chennai Super Kings team, whose fans are very strong and the CSK team has more than 11.9 million followers on Instagram, 9.6 million fans on Twitter and 2.86 million fans on YouTube and is currently the captain of this team is MS Dhoni.
Which IPL team is most popular?
Complete List of most popular IPL Teams 2022
|S.N||Most Popular IPL Team|
|1||Mumbai Indians||13.8 M|
|2||Chennai Super Kings||13.1 M|
|3||Sunrisers Hyderabad||6.1 M|
|4||Delhi Capitals||8.2 M|