Ipl Orange Cap Purple Cap Points Table
- 1 Who is the purple cap in IPL 2023?
- 2 Which team is most successful in IPL?
What is the Orange Cap and purple cap in IPL?
The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 final match was played on Monday, 29 May. Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Gujarat Titans (GT) faced each other during the finals, and both teams put up a tough fight. It is important to note that CSK won the title this season.
This is the fifth time that CSK has become the winner of the IPL. Cricket fans across the country are excited to know the Orange Cap Holder and Purple Cap Holder 2023. We have all the latest details for you about the IPL 2023 Orange Cap Holder and Purple Cap Holder, It is important to note that this season included a lot of close games, runs, fours, sixes, and wickets.
Cricket loyalists across the globe were thrilled to watch the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023, In the previous two months, cricket fans kept a close eye on the Orange Cap Holders list and Purple Cap Holders list. For those who do not know, the Orange Cap is awarded to the player with the most number of runs, and the Purple Cap has been awarded to the player with the most number of wickets.
Who is the purple cap in IPL 2023?
IPL Purple Cap Winner 2023 – Mohammed Shami of Gujarat Titans won the Purple Cap in IPL 2023 with 28 wickets in 17 matches. He took 11 wickets in the powerplay, which was the most by any bowler in the tournament. Shami was in top form throughout the tournament, bowling with pace and accuracy.
What is the highest Orange Cap in IPL?
The Orange Cap is presented to the leading run scorer in the IPL. The batter with the most runs during a particular season wears the Orange Cap while fielding. David Warner won the cap three times, followed by Chris Gayle, who won it twice. Virat Kohli scored the most runs (973) in a single tournament edition (2016).
Who is eligible for Orange Cap?
The Orange Cap is awarded to the player who scores most runs in a season.
Which team is most successful in IPL?
Mumbai holds the record of most winning team in IPL history. Mumbai team is most successful team in IPL tournaments having won a record 138 matches and have 5 titles to their name. Also, the Mumbai team has the second-highest winning percentage for teams who played in more than one season in the tournament’s history.
Who scored 99 in IPL 2023?
Shikhar Dhawan scored an unbeaten 99 off 66 balls to lift Punjab Kings to 143 for nine against SRH on Sunday. | Photo Credit: NAGARA GOPAL Shikhar Dhawan scored an unbeaten 99 off 66 balls to lift Punjab Kings to 143 for nine against SRH on Sunday. | Photo Credit: NAGARA GOPAL Shikhar Dhawan slammed the highest individual score of IPL 2023 for Punjab Kings against Sunrisers Hyderabad at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad on Sunday.
- After being sent into bat by Sunrisers, the Punjab Kings skipper braved a batting collapse to notch up an unbeaten 99 off 66 balls, while adding a record 10th-wicket IPL partnership (55) with Mohit Rathee.
- Dhawan missed out on the chance to score his third IPL ton in the final over after playing out four dot balls before smacking a last-ball six as he single-handedly lifted Punjab to 143 for nine.
Incidentally, Dhawan’s contribution of 69.2 per cent runs to the team total is also the highest by an Indian batter in a T20 game (min.100 runs scored by the team). The 37-year-old Dhawan, who made his IPL debut in 2008, had to wait for 167 innings to score his first IPL ton during the IPL 2020 season during his stint with Delhi Capitals.
- Dhawan then followed it up with another hundred in the very next match his current team Punjab.
- Dhawan is the eighth batter to score 99 in the IPL, and the fourth to remain unbeaten.
- Chris Gayle is the only batter with two such scores in the IPL.
- With 225 runs in three innings, Dhawan currently leads the Orange Cap charts, following scores of 40 and 86 against Kolkata Knight Riders and Rajasthan Royals respectively in the previous games.
Dhawan’s knock ultimately went in vain as SRH chased down the 144-run target in 17.1 overs, courtesy an unbeaten 74 from Rahul Tripathi. Highest percentage of T20 team runs by an Indian batter (min.100 runs by a team):
69.2% – Dhawan (99* – 143/9) – PBKS v SRH, 2023* 68.44% – Rishabh Pant (128* – 187/5, 2018) Delhi Capitals vs Sunrisers Hyderabad 68.26% – Ruturaj Gaikwad (114 – 167/4, 2022), Maharashtra vs Kerala
Who scored 100 in 2023 IPL?
Century List in IPL 2023
How many runs of Virat Kohli in IPL 2023?
Virat Kohli amassed 639 runs in 14 matches in the IPL 2023, with an average of 53.25 and a strike rate of 139.82, including two centuries and six fifties. Despite Kohli’s impressive performances, his team RCB failed to qualify for the IPL 2023 playoffs. – Virat Kohli scored 639 runs in 14 matches in the IPL 2023. (Photo: AP) India batting legend Sunil Gavaskar emphasised that it is premature to discuss whether Virat Kohli should be included in India’s 2024 T20 World Cup squad. The 1983 champion pointed out that there is another edition of the IPL to be played before the marquee event and Kohli’s place should be determined based on his form at that time.
After India’s failure in the 2022 T20 World Cup in Australia under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma, rumours started circulating that both Sharma and Kohli would be phased out from the T20I team. However, Kohli has been in exceptional form in T20 cricket over the past few months. In the IPL 2023, Kohli hit consecutive centuries, surpassing Chris Gayle’s record for the most IPL hundreds.
When discussing whether the senior batters should be part of India’s 2024 T20 World Cup squad, Gavaskar told Sports Tak: “The next T20 World Cup will be played in 2024. There will be another IPL before that in March-April. “Kohli’s form should be observed at that point.
- There is no point talking about it now.
- If we are talking about an upcoming T20 international, say India are playing a match in June, then he definitely fits into the team, the kind of form that he has shown.
- But, speaking about the 2024 World Cup, which will be held in West Indies and America, the form of players needs to be observed in the IPL before that and then we can talk about selection for the World Cup squad.” Kohli amassed 639 runs in 14 matches in the IPL 2023, with an average of 53.25 and a strike rate of 139.82, including two centuries and six fifties.
While assessing Kohli’s current form, Gavaskar reiterated that the 34-year-old unquestionably deserves a place in India’s T20I squad for upcoming matches. “Virat would definitely be in my T20I team on current form for India’s upcoming matches in the format.
He has scored two hundreds, Hitting two hundredsâ€æ in T20 cricket, even scoring 50 is difficult. “This great batter has notched up two hundreds. If I was a selector and India were playing a T20 in June this year, I would, without doubt, pick him in the squad.” Despite Kohli’s impressive performances, his team Royal Challengers Bangalore failed to qualify for the IPL 2023 playoffs, finishing sixth in the points table after a defeat against Gujarat Titans in their last league game.
Published On: May 26, 2023 – ENDS –