Ipl 2023 Points Table
Who is Orange Cap in IPL 2023 list?
Gujart Titans Shubman Gill received the Orange Cap of IPL 2023 with 890 runs in 17 innings. | Photo Credit: VIJAY SONEJI / The Hindu. Gujart Titans Shubman Gill received the Orange Cap of IPL 2023 with 890 runs in 17 innings. | Photo Credit: VIJAY SONEJI / The Hindu. The IPL 2023 ended with a nerve-racking final where MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings edged out the defending champions Gujarat Titans (GT) by five wickets at the Narendra Modi Stadium on Tuesday to win its fifth title and finish its campaign in style.
- The 16th edition of IPL saw many records getting broken, the season that witnessed, the most 200-plus totals, the highest number of sixes scored, and the most centuries in a single edition.
- ALSO READ | Dhoni on IPL retirement: Easy to walk away from here.
- Harder would be working hard and try to play another IPL Titan’s Shubman Gill won the Orange cap with 890 runs in 17 innings, while Mohammed Shami, with 28 wickets, procured the Purple cap.
Gill also won the Most Valuable Player of the Season award, while Rajasthan Royal’s Yashasvi Jaiswal was named the Emerging Player of the Season. Here’s the full list of award winners for the IPL 2023.
Is RCB out of IPL?
Royal Challengers Bangalore captain Faf Du Plessis has explained why his team didn’t qualify for the playoffs this season. Royal Challenger’s Bangalore was ruled out from the playoffs race after losing out to Gujarat Titans on Sunday. Speaking at the post-match presentation on Sunday, the RCB skipper said, “From a batting perspective, the top 4 contributed really well.
Can Delhi still qualify?
Can Delhi Capitals still qualify for the playoffs in IPL 2023? – Check Here Delhi Capitals have won only four out of eleven games in this IPL tournament and currently stay at the bottom of the points table. Delhi faced a setback in this IPL season due to a lack of consistent performance from their side. DC is on the verge of getting eliminated from the IPL 2023 playoff race after being in the tenth position of the table.
- For the best case, we assume Delhi win all their remaining four matches and reach 14 points by the end of this tournament.
- DC remaining schedule: vs PBKS in Delhi (13 May 2023)vs PBKS in Dharamsala (17 May 2023)vs CSK in Delhi (20 May 2023)
- Current points table scenario:
- DC – 4 wins (11 games)
GT – 8 wins (11 games)CSK – 7 wins (12 games – 1 No Result)MI – 6 wins (11 games) LSG – 5 wins (11 games – 1 No Result)RR – 5 wins (11 games)KKR – 5 wins (11 games)RCB – 5 wins (11 games)PBKS – 5 wins (11 games)SRH – 4 wins (10 games) DC can qualify easily if six other teams get lesser than 14 points in IPL 2023.
If DC wins all their remaining matches, PBKS will lose two more games. Two more losses for PBKS would ensure they end up at 12 points in the table, so they stand eliminated from IPL 2023 playoffs race. We need five more teams with PBKS to get eliminated from the playoffs race. Looking at the points table, we have chosen SRH, RCB, KKR, RR, and LSG as the five teams since they are at a lower position in the points table.1.
Remaining games of SRH in IPL 2023: vs LSG in Hyderabad (13 May 2023)vs GT in Ahmedabad (15 May 2023)vs RCB in Hyderabad (18 May 2023)vs MI in Mumbai (21 May 2023) SRH must lose two more games to either of the teams (LSG, GT, RCB, or MI). As per the above scenario, it will be better if SRH manages to beat RCB & LSG in the upcoming games since RCB and LSG will lose one more game and help the cause for DC.
- 2. Remaining games of RCB in IPL 2023:
- RCB must lose two more games to either of these teams (RR, SRH & GT).
vs RR in Jaipur, 14th Mayvs SRH in Hyderabad, 18th Mayvs GT in Bengaluru, 21st May As per the above scenario, it will be better if RCB manages to beat RR in the upcoming games since RR will lose one more game and help the cause for DC. RCB should lose two more games against SRH and GT to get eliminated with 12 points from the table.
- 3. Remaining games of KKR in IPL 2023:
- KKR must lose two more games to either of these three teams (RR, CSK & LSG).
vs RR in Kolkata (11 May 2023)vs CSK in Chennai (14 May 2023)vs LSG in Kolkata (20 May 2023) As per the above scenario, it will be better if KKR manages to beat RR in the upcoming match since RR gets eliminated from the playoffs race as they lose two more games against RCB and KKR.
KKR should lose two more matches against CSK and LSG to get eliminated from IPL 2023 playoffs race with six wins.4. Remaining games of LSG in IPL 2023: vs SRH in Hyderabad, 13th Mayvs MI in Lucknow, 16th Mayvs KKR in Kolkata, 20th May As per the above scenario, LSG will lose to SRH and beat KKR in the upcoming games.
LSG should lose one more match against MI, so they end up at 13 points in the table and help DC to go ahead with 14 points for playoffs. If all this happens – PBKS, SRH, RCB, KKR, RR & LSG will be eliminated from the playoffs race in IPL 2023. Thus, six teams get eliminated if all the above scenario happens, and DC can qualify for the IPL 2023 playoffs with 14 points.
Who hit most sixes in IPL 2023?
IPL 2023 in numbers: Most runs, wickets, sixes As the season concluded with Dhoni’s CSK being crowned champions, IPL 2023 saw some of the finest hitters rising up in the big stage. As per a report by SportStar, this season saw more sixes hit than any other seasons in the last 16 editions, making it the first season to consist of more than 1100 sixes.
The Captain of Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Faf Du Plessis, ranks first on the list of the six-hitters with 36 maximums. With 35 sixes, Shivam Dube of Chennai Super Kings (CSK) is second on the list. Shubman Gill, the orange cap holder, is third with 34 maximums. With 59 sixes in the IPL 2012 season, Chris Gayle of West Indies holds the record of the most sixes in a single season.
With 38 sixes in the 2016 season, when he scored a record 973 runs in 16 innings, former RCB Captain Virat Kohli holds the record for the most sixes by an Indian in an IPL season. Here’s a list of batters to hit most sixes in IPL 2023 : Faf Du Plessis, with a total of 14 matches and 36 6s.
- Shivam Dube (CSK), with 16 matches and 35 6s.
- Shubman Gill (GT), with 17 matches and 34 6s.
- Glenn Maxwell (RCB), with 14 matches and 31 6s.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad, with 17 matches and 29 6s.
- CSK hitters hold an advantage in the batting rankings after making it to the finals ten times.
- For CSK, Suresh Raina is the leader with 249 runs from eight finals.
Shane Waston, who has 249 runs in just four innings, is second on the list. Rohit Sharma, Captain of Mumbai Indians, is third on the list with 183 runs. He is also the only skipper to score two-fifty pluses in the finals. MS Dhoni, Chennai Super Kings skipper, had the chance to finish in the top three during the CSK-GT finals.
- In spite of collecting 180 runs in the nine innings he has played in, he was caught with a golden duck.
- Here’s the list of leading run-scorers in the IPL Finals 2023: Shubman Gill with 890 runs Faf Du Plessis with 730 runs Virat Kohli with 639 runs Devon Conway with 625 runs Yashasvi Jaiswal with 625 runs List of top wicket takers in IPL 2023 : Mohammed Shami (GT) with 28 wickets Mohit Sharma (GT) with 27 wickets.
Rashid Khan (GT) with 27 wickets. Piyush Chawla (RR) with 22 wickets. Yuzvendra Chahal (RR) with 21 wickets. Here’s a list of players with the most catches in the IPL 2023 : Ruturaj Gaikwad (CSK) with 16 catches. Virat Kohli (RCB) with 13 catches. Aiden Markram (SRH) with 11 catches.