India In Commonwealth Games 2022 Points Table
- 1 What is the reward of India in Commonwealth Games 2022?
- 2 In which game India won most medals in Commonwealth Games 2022?
- 3 Is India going to host Olympics?
What is the reward of India in Commonwealth Games 2022?
- Monday, 15 August 2022
The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has given athletes who won medals at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games prize money based on their achievements, after the nation finished fourth on the medals table with 61 podium finishes.
- India won 22 gold medals, now earning those champions 2 million rupees (£20,800/$25,000/€24,700) each, while silver medallists took 1 million rupees (£10,400/$12,500/€12,400).
- Those who claimed bronze received 750,000 rupees (£7,800/$9,400/€9,300).
- An event was held for medallists and attended by IOA Acting President Anil Khanna, as well as secretary general Rajeev Mehta, treasurer Anandeshwar Pandey and India’s Chef de Mission Rajesh Bhandhari.
- “I take this opportunity to congratulate all our medallists for bringing glory to India with a combined haul of 61 medals, despite shooting, one of our top medal-yielding sports, not being part of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games,” said Mehta at the celebration.
- “I would also like to thank all the coaches and support staff members for the hard work they put in behind the scenes to prepare our athletes for these Games, and the IOA is delighted to see their hard work come to fruition.”
Nikhat Zareen won a Commonwealth Games gold medal for India in boxing ©Getty Images
- It can be considered India’s best Commonwealth Games since hosting Delhi 2010, finishing just three medals short of Glasgow 2014 and five short of Gold Coast 2018 despite the omission of shooting from this year’s programme.
- India claimed 17 and 16 medals, respectively, in shooting in 2014 and 2018.
- Both Khanna and Mehta reiterated at the ceremony that they would be pushing for shooting and wrestling being part of the programme at Victoria 2026.
- The Birmingham 2022 gold medallists included women’s singles badminton winner PV Sindhu, who won her first individual title at the Games.
- Three gold medals were also won in boxing and weightlifting, and six in wrestling.
Support insidethegames.biz for as little as £10 For nearly 15 years now, has been at the forefront of reporting fearlessly on what happens in the Olympic Movement. As the first website not to be placed behind a paywall, we have made news about the International Olympic Committee, the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the Commonwealth Games and other major events more accessible than ever to everybody.
- Has established a global reputation for the excellence of its reporting and breadth of its coverage.
- For many of our readers from more than 200 countries and territories around the world the website is a vital part of their daily lives.
- The ping of our free daily email alert, sent every morning at 6.30am UK time 365 days a year, landing in their inbox, is as a familiar part of their day as their first cup of coffee.
Even during the worst times of the COVID-19 pandemic, maintained its high standard of reporting on all the news from around the globe on a daily basis. We were the first publication in the world to signal the threat that the Olympic Movement faced from the coronavirus and have provided unparalleled coverage of the pandemic since.
- As the world begins to emerge from the COVID crisis, would like to invite you to help us on our journey by funding our independent journalism.
- Your vital support would mean we can continue to report so comprehensively on the Olympic Movement and the events that shape it.
- It would mean we can keep our website open for everyone.
Last year, nearly 25 million people read, making us by far the biggest source of independent news on what is happening in world sport. Every contribution, however big or small, will help maintain and improve our worldwide coverage in the year ahead. Our small and dedicated team were extremely busy last year covering the re-arranged Olympic and Paralympic Games in Tokyo, an unprecedented logistical challenge that stretched our tight resources to the limit.
- The remainder of 2022 is not going to be any less busy, or less challenging.
- We had the Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games in Beijing, where we sent a team of four reporters, and coming up are the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, the Summer World University and Asian Games in China, the World Games in Alabama and multiple World Championships.
Plus, of course, there is the FIFA World Cup in Qatar. Unlike many others, is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe that sport belongs to everybody, and everybody should be able to read information regardless of their financial situation.
While others try to benefit financially from information, we are committed to sharing it with as many people as possible. The greater the number of people that can keep up to date with global events, and understand their impact, the more sport will be forced to be transparent. Support for as little as £10 – it only takes a minute.
If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you. : IOA rewards Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games medallists with prize money
In which game India won most medals in Commonwealth Games 2022?
CWG 2022: In which sports have India won the most number of medals in Birmingham? With 61 medals in the Commonwealth Games 2022, his is India’s fifth highest medal tally after 2010, 2002, 2014 and 2018. This is also the third time that India has finished in the fourth position in the Commonwealth Games medal tally. India has won medals in 12 different sports at the Commonwealth Games 2022. Updated Aug 8, 2022 | 10:18 PM IST Ravi Dahiya won the gold medal at CWG 2022 Photo : AP KEY HIGHLIGHTS
India has won medals in 12 different sports at the Commonwealth Games.Wrestling has been the most successful sport this time with 12 medals.India has won a total of 61 medals at CWG 2022.
India had quite a remarkable showing at the, The contingent from the country have won a total of 61 medals at the quadrennial event in Birmingham. This includes 22 gold medals, 16 silver medals and 23 bronze medals. In the medal tally they stand at fourth position in the table, behind Australia, England and Canada.
In fact, this is India’s fifth highest medal tally after 2010, 2002, 2014 and 2018. This is also the third time that India has finished in the fourth position in the medal tally. Related News India has won medals in 12 different sports at the Commonwealth Games 2022. The sport that has won the most medals for the country in Commonwealth Games 2022 is wrestling with 12 medals (6 golds, 1 silver and 5 bronze) followed by 10 medals in weightlifting (3 golds, 3 silvers and 4 bronze) and 8 medals in athletics (1 gold, 4 silvers and 3 bronze).
Veteran table tennis player finished with four medals at the Commonwealth Games 2022, becoming the most decorated athlete for India at the competition. He was part of the gold medal winning Indian men’s table tennis team. He won his second gold in the competition in the mixed doubles category with Sreeja Akula and a silver in the men’s doubles category with,
|Table Tennis and Para Table Tennis||4||1||2||7|
This is a pretty good performance from India considering the fact that shooting- India’s most successful sport at the Commonwealth Games was not part of the 2022 edition. End of Article © 2023 Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited : CWG 2022: In which sports have India won the most number of medals in Birmingham?
What is the medal tally for CWC 2022?
How many medals India is expected to win Commonwealth Games?
India won 61 medals at Birmingham 2022. Know India’s CWG 2022 medal tally. (2022 Getty Images) From July 28 to August 8, nearly 200 Indian athletes competed for medals across 16 different sports at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham. At the last edition at Gold Coast 2018, Indian athletes won a total of 66 medals, 26 gold and 20 silver and 20 bronze to finish third overall, behind hosts Australia and England.
- However, shooting, which contributed 16 of the 66 medals at Gold Coast 2018, was cut from the Commonwealth Games program for Birmingham 2022,
- In fact, 135 of India’s total tally of 564 medals at the Commonwealth Games have come in shooting – more than any other sport.
- This includes the 30 medals Indian shooters won during the 2010 New Delhi CWG – where India enjoyed their most successful Commonwealth Games in history, winning a total of 101 medals.
Tokyo Olympics javelin champion and world championships silver medallist Neeraj Chopra’s late withdrawal from CWG 2022 due to injury certainly left India one medal short. In shooting and Neeraj Chopra’s absence, the onus was on the Indian wrestling contingent, featuring Olympic medallists Ravi Kumar Dahiya, Bajarang Punia and Sakshi Malik, and a strong badminton team, spearheaded by two-time Olympic medallist PV Sindhu and world championships medallist Kidambi Srikanth and Lakshya Sen, to drive India up the medals table in Birmingham.
The weightlifting team also carried the nation’s hopes. At CWG 2022, Indian athletes won 61 medals, 22 golds, 16 silvers and 23 bronze, at the Commonwealth Games 2022. Sanket Sargar was the first Indian to win a medal in Birmingham, bagging a silver in the men’s 55kg weightlifting event. Mirabai Chanu was the first Indian to win a gold at CWG 2022 while Jeremy Lalrinnunga was the first Indian man to clinch top podium at Birmingham.
Sudhir won the first medal for India, a gold, in para sports at the CWG 2022. He became the champion in the para powerlifting men’s heavyweight category.
What is the prize money for Olympic gold medal in India?
|Name of event||Gold Medal||Silver Medal|
|Olympics Games||75 lakh||50 lakh|
|Asian Games||30 lakh||20 lakh|
|Commonwealth Games||30 lakh||20 lakh|
Is India going to host Olympics?
Sports Minister Anurag Thakur said India would be aiming to host the 2036 Olympics. | Photo Credit: PTI Sports Minister Anurag Thakur said India would be aiming to host the 2036 Olympics. | Photo Credit: PTI The Indian government has reiterated its desire to host the Olympics while the 2026 Commonwealth Games remain out of the radar at the moment. “Sports is an area the PM is very keen on.
- Nobody has spoken or reached out to us (about hosting the 2026 CWG), nor have we expressed any interest or gone to someone.
- But what we will be looking at is the future Olympics.
- The 2036 edition is what we are looking at, the way India is growing as an economy and our clout is growing in every field,” Sports Minister Anurag Thakur told Sportstar in an interaction with select media in Chennai on Saturday.
The minister, here on the occasion of International Youth Day, also made it clear that the relaxation of rules for participation in the Asian Games also required certain criteria and performances. Talking specifically about the football teams and the refusal to gymnast Dipa Karmakar, he explained, “The football teams have been doing well recently even though their ranking in Asia is low at the moment.
- As a team game, the country has also seen the confidence they have shown.
- We also hosted the Under-17 men and women World Cups and we see great possibility for this game, both among the masses and in the team to grow.
- Dipa, on the other hand, was suspended for a long time.
- Even though she topped the trials, there is no recent performance that we can consider,” Thakur said.
Declaring that the upcoming Asian Games would be the most successful for India in terms of medals, Thakur insisted that the federations not falling in line post it will be dealt with strictly, specially the ones largely controlled by defence services personnel, including golf and equestrian.
Which year was India’s most successful Commonwealth Games?
With another edition of the Commonwealth Games (CWG 2022) set to culminate, the Indian contingent, comprising more than 200 athletes, put in quite a few impressive performances and brought home multiple medals at Commonwealth Games 2022. The 2022 edition of the Commonwealth Games was held in Birmingham, United Kingdom, from July 28.
- India’s participation at the Commonwealth Games has been regular.
- They missed just four editions (1930, 1950, 1962 and 1986) of the quadrennial event.
- Read: India at CWG 2022: Full list of Indian athletes who have qualified for CWG 2022 (Updated) India’s best-ever showing at CWG has so far been in the 2010 edition, held in New Delhi.
A 495-strong Indian contingent helped the nation win 101 medals, including a whopping 39 gold, 26 silver and 36 bronze, to finish second on the medal tally. Australia finished first with 177 medals, including 74 gold medals.
What is India’s ranking in the medal tally among the 72 competing nations?
Commonwealth Games 2022 medal tally (top ten) on August 8