Fifa World Cup 2022 Table
- 1 How many groups are in the World Cup 2022?
- 2 Is Argentina out of FIFA World Cup?
- 3 Who is top scorer table in World Cup 2022?
Who got out of FIFA World Cup 2022?
Teams out of the World Cup: Every nation eliminated –
The table below was updated throughout the 2022 tournament as teams fell by the wayside. The most recent team eliminated is at the top. Host nation Qatar were the first team ousted, and they were followed by Canada as both failed to pick up a single point in their first two matches of the group stage.
- A total of 16 teams were eliminated after the group stage, and another eight were knocked out in the Round of 16.
- The group stage closed on Friday, Dec.2, and the Round of 16 was completed on Dec.6, with the quarterfinals wrapping up in two days on Dec.9-10.
- The semis were also played over two days on Dec.13-14.
The third-place match (Dec.17) preceded the final on Dec.18.
|France||4||Dec.18||Final||Loss vs. Argentina (penalties)|
|Morocco||22||Dec.14||Semifinals||Loss vs. France|
|Croatia||12||Dec.13||Semifinals||Loss vs. Argentina|
|England||5||Dec.10||Quarterfinals||Loss vs. France|
|Portugal||9||Dec.10||Quarterfinals||Loss vs. Morocco|
|Netherlands||8||Dec.9||Quarterfinals||Loss vs. Argentina (penalties)|
|Brazil||1||Dec.9||Quarterfinals||Loss vs. Croatia (penalties)|
|Switzerland||15||Dec.6||Rd of 16||Loss vs. Portugal|
|Spain||7||Dec.6||Rd of 16||Loss vs. Morocco (penalties)|
|South Korea||28||Dec.5||Rd of 16||Loss vs. Brazil|
|Japan||24||Dec.5||Rd of 16||Loss vs. Croatia (penalties)|
|Senegal||18||Dec.4||Rd of 16||Loss vs. England|
|Poland||26||Dec.4||Rd of 16||Loss vs. France|
|Australia||38||Dec.3||Rd of 16||Loss vs. Argentina|
|USA||16||Dec.3||Rd of 16||Loss vs. Netherlands|
|Serbia||21||Dec.2||Groups||Loss vs. Switzerland|
|Cameroon||43||Dec.2||Groups||Switzerland win vs. Serbia|
|Uruguay||14||Dec.2||Groups||Goals scored tiebreaker|
|Ghana||61||Dec.2||Groups||Loss vs. Uruguay|
|Germany||11||Dec.1||Groups||Goal difference tiebreaker|
|Costa Rica||31||Dec.1||Groups||Loss vs. Germany|
|Belgium||2||Dec.1||Groups||Draw vs. Croatia|
|Mexico||13||Nov.30||Groups||Goal difference tiebreaker|
|Saudi Arabia||51||Nov.30||Groups||Loss vs. Mexico|
|Tunisia||30||Nov.30||Groups||Win by Australia vs. Denmark|
|Denmark||10||Nov.30||Groups||Loss vs. Australia|
|Iran||20||Nov.29||Groups||Loss vs. USA|
|Wales||19||Nov.29||Groups||Loss vs. England|
|Ecuador||44||Nov.29||Groups||Loss vs. Senegal|
|Canada||41||Nov.27||Groups||Loss vs. Croatia AND
Morocco win vs. Belgium
|Qatar||50||Nov.25||Groups||Loss vs. Senegal AND
MORE: Which team has won the most World Cups in history?
How many groups are in the World Cup 2022?
Know FIFA World Cup 2022 football results and scores from the matches in Qatar. Get group standings and scorecards from the knockout rounds, including final. (Getty Images) The FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar saw a total of 32 top national teams from five different confederations vie for the title of football world champions from November 20 to December 18. The 2022 FIFA World Cup followed a familiar format with the 32 teams divided into eight groups – Group A to H – of four teams each.
The teams in each group competed in a single-headed round-robin format in the group stage of the competition. The groups at the Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022: Group A : Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands Group B : England, Iran, USA, Wales Group C : Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland Group D : France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia Group E : Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan Group F : Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia Group G : Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon Group H : Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea After the group stage, top two teams from each of the eight groups moved on to the knockout phase, which began with the Round of 16.
The final was played on December 18 while the third-place match happened on December 17. All matches of the FIFA World Cup 2022 were played across eight venues in and around Doha. Get all Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup results, points tables and standings for each group and all scores for the knockout rounds, including the final, here:
Why is Germany out of FIFA?
Germany crash out of World Cup in huge upset after draw with South Korea South Korea took the biggest scalp of the World Cup group stage, a stunning defensive performance earning a draw sending Germany, one of the tournament favourites, out of the competition.
- Alex Popp’s header at the close of the first half cancelled out Cho So-hyun’s early strike but with Morocco against Colombia, only a win would stop those two progressing and Germany crashing out.
- We need to take responsibility and it is clear that I have the greatest responsibility,” said Germany’s manager, Martina Voss-Tecklenburg.
“We have to analyse and draw conclusions. The whole year was not so solid, we will look at that.” Germany had perhaps not expected to go into this game needing a result, with the likely feeling confident in their group. A huge 70 places separated them from the debutants Morocco in the Fifa rankings and the second-ranked side also had a large margin over South Korea, who are 17th, and Colombia, 25th. Cho So-hyun of Korea Republic celebrates with Choo Hyo-joo after rocking Germany with an early goal. Photograph: Justin Setterfield/Getty Images “We needed a goal and we needed a success,” said South Korea’s manager, Colin Bell, whose side finished bottom of Group H.
- That we had two early chances and scored gave us momentum.
- With the exception of Sydney Lohmann no one caused problems for us.” There were two changes to the Germany side that had suffered a in their second game.
- The defender Sara Doorsoun and the midfielder Lina Magull dropped to the bench with Wolfsburg’s centre-back Marina Hegering and the Bayern Munich forward Lea Schüller starting.
South Korea made three changes to the team that had lost 1-0 to Morocco, with Choe Yu-ri, Chun Ga-ram and the 16-year-old forward Casey Phair coming in for Hong Hye-ji, Son Hwa-yeon and Park Eun-sun. Germany looked rattled early on by an aggressive press, perhaps still shaken by the 2-1 loss to Colombia and South Korea had clearly done their homework.
- It took six minutes for South Korea to score a goal that would rattle Germany further.
- A defence-splitting pass from Lee Young-ju found Cho and the former Tottenham midfielder slotted coolly into the bottom-left corner.
- It was the team’s first goal of the World Cup, after two defeats, and criminally comedic defending by Germany, who switched off to the run of Cho, giving her a clean run through.
Popp, who missed the Euros final after an injury in the warm-up, equalised when ghosting into the area and leaping above Kim Hye-ri to powerfully head in Svenja Huth’s cross. That lifted Germany to second in the table but their time with a foot in the last 16 was short, Morocco taking a shock lead deep into added-time at the end of the first half.
- Sign up to Moving the Goalposts No topic is too small or too big for us to cover as we deliver a weekly roundup of the wonderful world of women’s football Privacy Notice: Newsletters may contain info about charities, online ads, and content funded by outside parties.
- For more information see our,
- We use Google reCaptcha to protect our website and the Google and apply.
after newsletter promotion Just before the hour Germany had the ball in the net again, with Sara Däbritz’s cross flicked on by the heel of Schüller to Popp, who headed in at the far post, clashing with the keeper and going down injured in the process, but VAR found that Schüller was offside. Despair for Alex Popp at a wasted Germany chance. Photograph: Matt Roberts/Fifa/Getty Images Germany dominated, with 72% possession and nine shots to South Korea’s three, but the teams had two efforts on target apiece. Popp hit the crossbar with another header but Germany struggled to create clear chances as South Korea put everything on the line at the back to hold off wave after wave of pressure.
In the end, the margins are small but in the one-v-one situation we were not present enough, we were too static and then it is difficult to create big chances,” Voss-Tecklenburg said. “Then time runs out and you need a little luck, but you cannot rely on luck.” At the final whistle in Brisbane, Germany bodies folded in despair and tears flowed, while more than 4,000km away in Perth a huddled group of Morocco players, who in their opening game, screamed in ecstasy as news of the result filtered through.
“I don’t know what to say since I do not understand what has happened here,” a stunned Popp said. “It was bumpy for us. This was not our goal, but I cannot say why this has happened.” : Germany crash out of World Cup in huge upset after draw with South Korea
Is Argentina out of FIFA World Cup?
Find out Argentina’s results, scores and group standing at the FIFA World Cup 2022. Who scored for the Albiceleste in Qatar? (2022 Getty Images) Argentina are world champions for the third time after a heart-stopping final at FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar. Lionel Messi scored twice in the final as he claimed the one trophy missing from his collection in his stellar career. Messi put Argentina ahead from the penalty spot to become the first man to score in each of the knockout stages since the first round of 16 at Mexico 1986.
Angel Di Maria made it 2-0, but Mbappe scored twice in the space of two minutes late in the second half – the first from the spot – to force extra time. Messi scored in the second half of extra time, but France won a penalty with Mbappe converting again to make it 3-3 and take the game into penalties.
Mbappe and Messi both scored their respective team’s openers in the shoot-outs, but Emiliano Martinez was the hero again for ‘La Albiceleste’. The Aston Villa goalkeeper saved from Kingsley Coman before Aurelien Tchouamani shot wide with Paulo Dybala and Leandro Paredes both successful.
Why is Germany eliminated?
Germany eliminated from World Cup following draw with Korea Republic | TSN Brisbane, Australia (AP) — Germany failed to reach the knockout stage for the first time at the Women’s World Cup after being held to a 1-1 draw against South Korea on Thursday.
- KEY MOMENTS
- South Korea struck early in the sixth minute when a defense-splitting pass from Lee Youngju found Cho Sohyun, who produced a calm finish.
- In the 42nd minute, Popp equalized for Germany with a towering header off a cross from Svenja Huth.
Germany chased the winning goal throughout the second half. The Germans had a would-be winning goal from Popp overturned by VAR in the 57th minute. Just a few minutes later, Popp came close to scoring with another header but was denied by the crossbar.
- Germany’s final scoring opportunities came in the 11th and 12th minutes of stoppage when two shots from Sydney Lohmann missed wide and high.
- WHY IT MATTERS
- Germany, the second-ranked team in the world, failed to advance from the group stage for the first time in nine appearances in the Women’s World Cup.
- South Korea finished in last place in the group with one point but can feel good about holding the two-time champions to a draw.
- WHAT’S NEXT
- As third and fourth place finishers in the group, Germany and South Korea will each be heading home.
- Colombia will face Jamaica in Melbourne, while Morocco will head to Adelaide to take on France in the round-of-16.
: Germany eliminated from World Cup following draw with Korea Republic | TSN
Is Spain out of World Cup 2022?
Find out Team Spain’s results, scores and group standing at the FIFA World Cup 2022. Who scored for Los Rojos in Qatar ahead of their shock exit against Morocco? (Getty Images) Spain are out of the FIFA World Cup 2022. Morocco shocked Luis Enrique’s side on Tuesday (6 December) in a dramatic penalty shootout. Spanish-born Achraf Hakimi sealed the 3-0 win on penalties, after Spain missed all three of its penatlies, following a 0-0 over 120 intense minutes.
- Hard to believe that the 2010 World Cup winners were sent packing as they had made the perfect start to their Qatar 2022 campaign with a comprehensive 7-0 victory over Costa Rica.
- Ferran Torres scored twice as Luis Enrique’s men laid down a marker in their bid to regain the biggest prize in football which they won for the first time in 2010.
Alvaro Morata came off the bench to give Los Rojos the lead against Germany on Sunday (27 November), but substitute Niclas Füllkrug equalised seven minutes from time to secure a 1-1 draw. With four points from their first two games, Spain still advanced to the round of 16 despite a 2-1 loss to Japan on Thursday (1 December).
Why is Italy not in the World Cup?
Giorgio Chiellini and Jorginho of Italy reacts after Italy’s loss to North Macedonia in the playoff semifinals. | Photo Credit: Getty Images Giorgio Chiellini and Jorginho of Italy reacts after Italy’s loss to North Macedonia in the playoff semifinals. | Photo Credit: Getty Images Italy failed to make it to the FIFA World Cup for the second time in a row after a shock loss to North Macedonia in the playoff semifinal.
The three-time World Cup winner, which – until 2014 – had last missed out on the tournament in 1958, saw its nightmare come true by missing two consecutive world cups. “Last summer was the most beautiful joy, now comes the greatest disappointment.” Italy coach Roberto Mancini after the defeat In 2017, a loss to Sweden ended Italy’s hopes to play in the World Cup.
This time, Roberto Mancini’s side finished second in its group (Group C) with four wins and as many draws in its qualifying campaign. The turning point in its group-stage play came against Switzerland – the group topper – when Jorginho (of Italy) missed a penalty in the 90th minute, dropping two points and finally leaving the Swiss on top of the group in the end. Alessandro Florenzi of Italy is consoled by team mate Giorgio Chiellini after the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier knockout round play-off match between Italy and North Macedonia. | Photo Credit: Getty Images Alessandro Florenzi of Italy is consoled by team mate Giorgio Chiellini after the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier knockout round play-off match between Italy and North Macedonia. | Photo Credit: Getty Images “It’s hard to say something right now – I don’t know what to say,” Mancini said, after the match.
Last summer was the most beautiful joy, now comes the greatest disappointment. It is not easy to think of other things. I am very sorry for the boys: I love them much more tonight than in July. I am the coach, I am the first responsible, the boys are not. They have a great future, they are strong players for the future of the national team.
We did not deserve this defeat.” North Macedonia met Portugal in the playoff final, where a brace by Bruno Fernandes saw Portugal make it to the World Cup. It is drawn in Group H, alongside, Ghana, Uruguay and South Korea.
Why isn t Italy in the World Cup?
HOW DID THE WORLD CUP PLAYOFFS UNFOLD FOR ITALY? – * Italy were on course to meet Portugal in the deciding playoff tie, but they missed out on the World Cup finals after losing 1-0 at home to North Macedonia thanks to Aleksandar Trajkovski’s last-gasp strike. * North Macedonia progressed to the final, where they were beaten 2-0 by Portugal, who claimed the World Cup spot.
Who is top scorer table in World Cup 2022?
World Cup 2022
|1||K Mbappé France||8|
|2||L Messi Argentina||7|
|3||O Giroud France||4|
|–||J Álvarez Argentina||4|
Who are the World Cup groups 2022 B?
Teams – The teams were decided by the World Cup draw that took place on 1 April 2022. The group was set to receive one team from each pot, which sorted all World Cup teams by position on the FIFA World Rankings, The first team drawn was England, which secured qualification as a pot one team by winning Group I of UEFA qualification,
- The second pot team, the United States, qualified by finishing third in CONCACAF qualification,
- The third team was Iran, which won Group A of the AFC third round,
- The final team was not known at the time of the draw, as it was the UEFA second round Path A winner.
- Wales defeated Ukraine 1–0 to qualify for this position.
Group B was widely described as the ” group of death ” before the tournament. It had the highest average FIFA ranking of any group, and controversy given by the political hostility existing between Iran and the United Kingdom, and between Iran and the United States,
|Draw position||Team||Pot||Confederation||Method of qualification||Date of qualification||Finals appearance||Last appearance||Previous best performance||FIFA Rankings|
|March 2022||October 2022|
|B1||England||1||UEFA||UEFA Group I winners||15 November 2021||16th||2018||Winners ( 1966 )||5||5|
|B2||Iran||3||AFC||AFC third round Group A winners||27 January 2022||6th||2018||Group stage ( 1978, 1998, 2006, 2014, 2018 )||21||20|
|B3||United States||2||CONCACAF||CONCACAF third round third place||30 March 2022||11th||2014||Third place ( 1930 )||15||16|
|B4||Wales||4||UEFA||UEFA second round Path A winners||5 June 2022||2nd||1958||Quarter-finals ( 1958 )||18||19|
How many fixtures are there in World Cup 2022?
A total of 64 games will be played to decide the winners of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™. See when and where the action will take place.