Bed Side Table Design
- 1 What is the table beside a bed called?
- 2 What’s the difference between bedside table and nightstand?
- 3 Do side tables need to match bed?
- 4 Can a side table be a nightstand?
- 5 Is one bedside table OK?
- 6 What is the bed table?
What is the table beside a bed called?
A nightstand, alternatively night table, bedside table, daystand or bedside cabinet, is a small table or cabinet designed to stand beside a bed or elsewhere in a bedroom.
How do you layout a bedside table?
Proportions are everything when it comes to creating a bedside ensemble. Using objects of the same size can create a flat look whereas accents of varying heights add a dynamic dimension. Tall designs are great for rousing high-impact and drama, while smaller accents introduce balance and a sense of calm.
What’s the difference between bedside table and nightstand?
Are you looking for a new nightstand or bedside table? Although these phrases are frequently used interchangeably, some significant distinctions exist. Knowing these differences makes finding the best choice for your needs easier. You will find a wide collection of solid wood bedside table and lamp table for you to pick from.
- Continue reading to locate the best solution for your bedroom and learn more about bedside table vs nightstand,
- Don’t forget to look at their website if you want to get a bedside table online,
- What Is a Wooden Bedside Table? A tiny table that is placed next to the bed is called a wood bedside table,
A bedside table’s function is to offer a practical surface for goods you might need in the middle of the night, including a lamp, a glass of water, or a book. Wood, metal, and glass are a few materials that may be used to create bedside tables. What is a Nightstand? In that it is a little table that is positioned next to the bed, a nightstand and a bedside table are comparable.
- There are some distinctions between the two.
- Typically larger than bedside tables, a nightstand may include shelves or drawers for storage.
- They are frequently used to store things like medicines, a phone, or a tablet you might need in the middle of the night.
- Shed Light on Nightstand vs Bedside Table Below are some points on bedside table vs nightstand : The size and amount of storage that each has distinguishes a bedside table from a nightstand.
Nightstands are larger and usually have more storage possibilities than bedside tables, which are often smaller and more compact. While nightstands are ideal for those who need more storage, bedside tables are perfect for those who want a straightforward surface to keep their essentials close at hand.
Solid Wood Bedside Table A solid wood bedside table is a terrific alternative if you’re searching for a strong and long-lasting option. You may select a wood bedside table that complements your environment thanks to the diversity of finishes and styles available. Additionally, since solid wood furniture is durable, you can use your bedside table for many years to come.
Table lamps Bedside tables that are made expressly to hold lamps are known as lamp tables, and they frequently have an integrated lamp or a spot where a lamp may be installed. Lamp tables can be a fantastic addition to your bedroom if you enjoy reading in bed.
- Wooden Nightstand A bedside table made of wood is an evergreen option that will never go out of style.
- Wood bedside tables are available to complement your decor, whether you choose a contemporary or traditional style.
- Additionally, wood is a robust and long-lasting substance that will endure the test of time.
Making the Best Size Decision for Your Space Size is important when choosing a nightstand or bedside table. Before purchasing, consider the size of your room and bed, A bedside wooden table that is too big for the room it’s in can make it feel crowded, while a table that’s too little might need more surface area.
- Make sure the table you purchase is the appropriate size for your area by taking measurements of your bed and room.
- Options for Your Bedside Table’s Storage Consider getting a bedside table or nightstand with storage to keep your bedroom organised.
- Books, reading glasses, or medications can be stored in drawers or shelves, and a table with storage can keep your necessities close at hand while reducing clutter.
Options for Your Bedside Table in Style You don’t have to have a plain nightstand; many fashionable options may give your area personality. Consider getting a table with a distinctive design or a vibrant flash of colour to add interest to your room. Be bold and think wisely when picking a nightstand or bedside table.
- Read also: Stylish Bedside Tables by Nilkamal Furniture to Enhance Your Bedroom Decor Maintaining Your Nightstand After purchasing it, it’s crucial to maintain your ideal bedside table or nightstand correctly.
- For example, a bedside wooden table may need frequent oiling or polishing to maintain its best appearance.
To ensure that your table lasts for coming up years, be sure to adhere to the manufacturer’s maintenance recommendations. If something spills on your table, clean it up immediately to avoid damage. Decorating Your Nightstand You can even add unique touches to your decor at your bedside table.
Think about adding finishing touches, such as a colourful lamp, a vase of fresh flowers, or some art. These accessories give your room a splash of colour and individuality while serving practical purposes like extra lighting or a place to put your reading glasses. Just be careful not to overcrowd your table with items, as this can make it appear cluttered and overwhelming.
The Cost of Bedside Tables While selecting a bedside table or nightstand that suits your needs and style is crucial, it’s also critical to consider your budget. You can find a vast selection of reasonably priced bedside tables and nightstands online. There are several options to pick from at various pricing points, ranging from straightforward wooden designs to more complicated options with drawers and shelves.
Read Also: 10 Changes With Modern Bedroom Furniture for Your Bedroom Conclusion Although the terms “nightstand” and “bedside table” are sometimes used interchangeably, there are some distinctions between the two. Nightstands are larger and have more storage choices than bedside tables, which are smaller and more compact.
If you’re looking for a beautiful bedside table, make sure to take your demands into account and select the best alternative. You’re sure to find the ideal bedside table or nightstand for your bedroom thanks to the vast choices at Nilkamal Furniture,
How do you make a bedside table aesthetic?
1. Add Dimension with Heights and Sizes – This Kirk Nightstand has is home to a large book, an interesting sculpture and a particularly large lamp, the differing heights of all these items do well to bring more dimension to the space | Designed by Rodolfo Dordoni for © Minotti London One of the most dynamic ways to style a bedside table is using accessories of different heights.
Having an assortment of decorative elements of differing heights, such as a lamp, a plant or even a neat stack of books, creates interest and helps balance out the visual weight of the table. Furthermore, varying heights create the illusion of having more space. For example, a pile of books on one side of a bedside table can help offset a taller object, such as a lamp.
In addition, a few candles will always add height and create a warm ambience when lit.
What is the best size for a bedside table?
How Wide Should a Nightstand Be? – While nightstand width certainly matters less than nightstand height, it’s still a factor to take into consideration while considering the proportions of the piece. Kathy Kuo recommends considering your nightstand’s daily use while deciding how wide its surface should be. You nightstand should always be proportional to the room (credit: Alder & Tweed) However, the width of your nightstand also influences how the dimensions of your space are perceived. While you might love the space an especially wide nightstand provides, it may not look proportional when paired with a twin bed.
Narrow: Narrow nightstands are typically between 12 and 18 inches wide, and pair best with twin beds. Standard: Standard size nightstands are between 18 and 24 inches wide, and are best for double and queen size beds. Wide: Wide nightstands are over 30 inches wide and pair well with king or California king size beds.
Should bedside table be shorter or taller than bed?
Can My Bedside Table Be Lower Than the Bed? – As a general rule, bedside tables should be the same height or slightly higher than the top of your mattress, but shouldn’t be lower. When you’re laying in bed, reaching across or slightly upwards to grab something is easy, while reaching down can be uncomfortable and impractical. Finn Bedside Table | Natural Hardwood
Do side tables need to match bed?
5 Amazing Tips On Mixing And Matching Bedroom Furniture This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Please read the disclosure. Is it ok to mix and match your bedroom furniture? Yes and absolutely! All matching bedroom sets are a thing of the past! Layering in, and mixing and matching different furniture pieces gives more fun and interest to your bedroom.
How do you mix and match your bedroom furniture? While still making the bedroom style make sense without matching room sets? Unless everything matching is the only thing that makes sense to you design-wise (then, you’re all sorted). Mixing and matching furniture can bring up its own set of issues. Pulling and piecing different styles and colours together to create one cohesive look.
That works! The whole point of the mixing and matching style is that it’s supposed to look totally different and unique to anyone else’s space. A look that’s personal and effortless in theory. But where do you start? Here are some top tips for mixing and matching furniture styles for the bedroom Already have a piece of furniture you love? It’s best to start with that first piece and work from that.
- Especially if it’s an,
- Something that is one-off is better to be worked around first off.
- It’ll be a lot easier to get buy pieces around what you already intend to use for the bedroom.
- Rather than the other way around! RELATED POST: What better way to start off your bedroom around a totally special and unique piece? This way you can pick up on the style and other details that you can use to determine other pieces for the room.
Some things can match! If you’re just beginning to experiment with mixing up furniture styles then use this tip to start off with. The trick is not to try and match the bigger items together as the bigger items you see first and it will look too obvious.
Matching nightstands is the best option to begin with. are smaller in proportion to the bed, or a wardrobe. As long as the bed is central and of a different style and finish it will break the pair up. Saying that you do not have to match your nightstands. Even if you’re creating a symmetrical and the nightstands can be of a similar style.
It doesn’t have to be an exact pairing. RELATED POST : Source: The bed is the whole purpose for the bedroom so it should be the focal point. In other words, it should stand out so try and avoid exactly matching the bed to any other piece in the room. It’s going to look a bit boring otherwise. If you have wood or metal furniture pieces an upholstered bed will break up the hard finishes and soften the space a bit.
- RELATED POST: Mix up the shape, styles and materials of some of the furniture pieces.
- Don’t be afraid to mix round shapes with rectangular in As well as the styles.
- Remember you can mix heavier pieces with more lightweight and airy-looking furniture pieces.
- Repetition not matching.
- Find a shape, a finish, a colour, a texture that you can be found in a few of the pieces that you choose for your bedroom.
It could be a curved shape or a hardware finish that you like on the furniture. By repeating an element in some of the pieces it brings the whole space together. If you’ve chosen a different material for the dresser you might want to repeat the hardware or colour to another furniture piece in the bedroom.
Even though some of the key furniture pieces will be different they still should relate to each other. When it comes to mixing and matching styles it’s all a bit of a balancing act. Too few details and it feels like something’s missing. Too much of the same is uninteresting. Look at the size of your room and the proportions of your pieces to figure out if you’re leaning too much to one side or the other.
But once you have it sussed it will feel right and look the style will be well balanced! Using the mixing and matching bedroom styles will give you some flexibility later down the line when changing up rooms around the home too. Source: I’ve put together some furniture guides to give you some ideas and inspiration on how you can mix and match your bedroom pieces The first bedroom guide is of a Mixing traditional and modern furniture pieces together to achieve a look that’s right in between.
Is a traditional classic wingback style and in a neutral colour. Which makes it easy to pair with other pieces. Floral elements from and chest of drawers soften the modern and straight lines from the nightstands and, I love the contrasting as it becomes a stand-out piece. But still picks up the finish of the material of and the fabric colour used throughout the bedroom.
Of course, if you wanted to opt for an all-modern bedroom style you could swap out the chest of drawers for something more contemporary. When mismatching nightstands, a good option is to go for totally different styles. In this bedroom idea I’ve paired a tall with an This option is great if you have limited space on the side of your bed.
The gold finish on both nightstands and the curve shape help the two pieces to work together. The soft circular and oval shapes are also repeated in the and the Brass gold finishes are repeated throughout the design as well as warm wood tones. The cane rattan is repeated in the chair and the bedside table.
Remember you can still use a couple of pieces from the same collection to help pull your bedroom together. and the are from the same company. So the wood tones, the finish of the brass and colour are pretty much the same. Don’t feel you have to get an exact match of finishes like brass when buying from different places. This post contains some affiliate links which I may make a small commission from should you purchase something. For more information check out the and page. : 5 Amazing Tips On Mixing And Matching Bedroom Furniture
Do you need a lamp on each bedside table?
How Many Nightstand Lamps Do You Need? – As a general rule, you need one nightstand lamp if you’re the only one sleeping in the bed and two if you have a partner. If your bedroom is very large or your mattress is a king, two bedside lamps give better balance, regardless of whether you’re the only one using the room or not.
What are the standards of a nightstand?
Standard: Standard nightstands measure between 23′ and 28′ tall. Since most beds are 24′ at the top of the mattress, these nightstands are a great fit for standard bed frames. Tall: Tall nightstands are taller than 30′ and work best with beds that have box springs or thick mattress toppers.
Does a bedside table need a drawer?
Bedside tables with drawers is another useful feature of bedside tables, and perhaps the most crucial. It’s a good idea to think about the surface before being distracted by doors and bedside drawers. Consider how much room you’ll need there for your night time needs.
Why do I need a bedside table?
3. Simple storage – Apart from being a lampstand, your bedside table can store other items as well. For instance, the storybook(s) that you are currently reading, your alarm clock, your mobile phone and a glass of water. If your nightstand has drawers, you can store all sorts of handy nick-nacks in there.
Can bedside tables be different?
Choose Different Heights For Visual Interest – Pair a larger, taller semi-circle table with a smaller table level nightstand and standing lamp. Using two different finishes of wood further adds interest to the room. Wooden furniture and natural materials for the bedding and throw pillows create a sense of nature, while copper metal lights and decorations bring a little bit of industrial interest.
- The whole look is light, airy, and creates a boho-chic appearance.
- Adding a small live plant to the night table adds to the sense of nature.
- This wrought iron bed and the classic bench may not look like a likely pair at first, but romantic touches like sheer curtains, plush bedding, and a fluffy throw create a sense of romance and femininity.
Adding a traditional with drawers on one side and a light, sleek wood table on the other side work to pull the room together. Add underneath the bed and a larger lamp for interest to complete the look. When mixing several different furniture styles, make sure that you’re sticking to a cohesive color palette to avoid the room looking too jumbled.
- If you want mismatched nightstands but don’t want the appearance to feel eclectic, try pairing different shapes but still the same material and finish.
- For example, pick a round night table and, but both in a light or dark finish.
- This keeps the space looking polished and the choice of different shapes intentional.
If you want a more playful, boho eclectic look, opt for materials that play well off each other. For example, seagrass and rough wood, while different textures, still naturally pair well together here. If you’re looking for a space that brings the outside in, then these materials, plus and live plants, create a space inspired by nature.
- Look for unusual hardware on your drawered nightstands, or consider replacing the hardware with something higher-end.
- For, look for elegant legs carved with detail.
- If you opt for a heavier, check-style, find one with a beautiful finish or top-quality, solid wood.
- If your space is more eclectic, you can take risks with bigger and bolder styles.
For a more traditional look, stick to styles that are more similar. Sometimes, mismatched nightstands are more about necessity than an aesthetic choice. A smaller space or a bed that’s tucked into a corner may necessitate, Or, if you need extra storage, then opting for one with multiple drawers makes more sense.
Can a side table be a nightstand?
Multi-functional – The great thing about a side table is that the day you get tired of it, you can simply use it as a side table in your living room or in a hallway for example. Using a side table as a nightstand can be a great way to add personality and function to your bedroom.
Can I use a nightstand as a side table?
1. Keep nightstands in mind – If you can’t find an end table with as much storage as you’d like, look at nightstands, They may have a different name, but nightstands — like this rustic wood nightstand — serve the same purpose as end tables, Plus, they typically have similar dimensions and offer more storage space.
Is one bedside table OK?
Reasons to Buy a Single Nightstand – Symmetry and psychology aside, the fact of the matter is that 23 percent of women sleep alone, while a staggering 42 percent of men sleep solo, according to recent studies, So, then are two nightstands really necessary? If you have the space and are aiming for that balance thing, go for it! But it’s not a concrete rule by any means.
Aim for nightstands with more drawers Open shelving is a great way to increase storage If you have a bed taller than 30 inches, save square footage with a skinny nightstand
What is the bed table?
An adjustable table or a tray with legs, designed to extend over or rest upon a bed. night table.
What do British people call bedside tables?
Bedside table is British English, also used in Australia and New Zealand. Nightstand and night table are US English.