Asia Cup Points Table 2022 B
Which team is B1 in Asia Cup?
Format – The groups and format of the tournament were announced on 9 January 2023, with the six teams split into two groups of three. A total of 13 matches will be played, which includes six league matches, six Super 4 matches, and a final. India, Pakistan and Nepal, champions of the qualifier event ( 2023 ACC Men’s Premier Cup ), were placed in Group A, while the defending champions Sri Lanka was grouped with Bangladesh and Afghanistan in Group B.
Who is the group A in the Asia Cup final?
Asia Cup 2023 points table: Updated points tally and net run rate – Pakistan posted 342-6 and bowled out Nepal for 104 in the tournament opener. The much-anticipated India-Pakistan clash – the first in men’s ODIs since the 2019 World Cup – was abandoned due to rain after Pakistan bowled out India for 266.
- India then bowled out Nepal for 230.
- After a burst of rain, their target was adjusted to 145 in 23 overs: they won with 10 wickets and 17 balls in hand.
- In Group B, Sri Lanka bowled out Bangladesh for 164 and won by five wickets, but Bangladesh amassed 334-5 and shot out Afghanistan for 245.
- In the decider, Afghanistan needed to chase 292 in 37.1 overs, but they were bowled out for 289, and were duly eliminated.
The Super Fours began with Pakistan bowling out Bangladesh for 193 and winning inside 40 overs. Sri Lanka won as well, posting 257-9 and bowling out Bangladesh for 236. In the third match, India made 356-2 and bowled out Pakistan for 128 to secure a massive net run rate boost of +0.456.
The massive defeat also saw Pakistan’s net run rate slip to -1.892, below Sri Lanka’s +0.420. Sri Lanka also have a match in hand. India play Sri Lanka on September 12 and Bangladesh on September 15. Sandwiched between them is the Sri Lanka-Pakistan clash on September 14, while the final will be played on September 17.
Subscribe to the Wisden Cricket YouTube channel for post-match analysis, player interviews, and much more.
Who are the group A and B teams in Asia Cup 2022?
Asia Cup 2022 schedule announced – Global news Tuesday 2 August Tue 2 August The Asia Cup 2022 will commence on 27 August in UAE with the final set to be played on September 11. The schedule for the 15th edition of the Asia Cup has been announced with the tournament set to begin on August 27, with the hosts Sri Lanka taking on Afghanistan in the tournament opener.
India and Pakistan will renew their rivalry a day later in Dubai. The final is set to be played on September 11. The Asia Cup, which was last played in 2018, will be played in the T20 format, with nine teams participating. Video cwc19 26 Jul 22 03:24 Ponting makes some big calls on T20 World Cup | ICC Review UAE, Kuwait, Singapore and Hong Kong will play a qualifying round with the winner joining India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and Bangladesh in the main tournament.
The main tournament will feature six teams divided into two groups. India, Pakistan and the qualifier are in Group A while Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan form Group B. Each team plays within the group once. The top two teams qualify for the Super 4 round where the teams play against each other in league format again before the final where the top two would feature.
What is A1 and B1 in Asia Cup?
All about Asia Cup 2023 — Teams, squads, schedule, format, match time, where to watch and more Pakistan and Sri Lanka are all geared up to host the 2023 edition of the Asia Cup. This year’s Asia Cup will be held from August 30 to September 17. Here is everything you need to know about Asia’s biggest cricket tournament.
Why is the 2023 Asia Cup being held is Sri Lanka and Pakistan? Pakistan are the hosts of this year’s Asia Cup. However, Indian cricket team, refused to travel to Pakistan citing security concerns in the country. Hence Sri Lanka was chosen as the country that would co-host the matches with Pakistan. So India’s Asia Cup matches will be held in Sri Lanka.
Which teams are participating in the 2023 Asia Cup? Six teams fight out to lift the prestigious Asia Cup trophy. The participating teams in this year’s Asia Cup are: Sri Lanka, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Nepal.
- The six teams have been split into two groups of three teams each. The two groups are:
- Group A : India, Pakistan and Nepal
- Group B: Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan
- What is the format of the 2023 Asia Cup?
- This year’s Asia Cup will be played in the 50-over format. The tournament format is as follows:
Each team will play against every other team of its group once in a round-robin format. Once every team has played against the every other team of its group, the top-two teams of each group will progress ahead while the third placed team of the group will be eliminated from the tournament.
|Aug-30||Pakistan vs Nepal||Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan|
|Aug-31||Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka||Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele|
|Sep-02||India vs Pakistan||Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele|
|Sep-03||Bangladesh vs Afghanistan||Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore|
|Sep-04||India vs Nepal||Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pallekele|
|Sep-05||Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka||Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore|
|Sep-06||A1 vs. B2||Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore|
|Sep-09||B1 vs. B2||R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo|
|Sep-10||A1 vs. A2||R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo|
|Sep-12||A2 vs. B1||R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo|
|Sep-14||A1 vs B1||R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo|
|Sep-15||A2 vs B2||R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo|
|Sep-17||Final||R.Premadasa Stadium, Colombo|
A1, A2, B1 and B2 – represents the positions at which the teams finish in their respective groups. For example, if India and Pakistan finish first and second in group A then India is A1 team and Pakistan is A2 team.
- Squads of the Asia Cup:
- India: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav, Prasidh Krishna, and Sanju Samson (back up)
- Pakistan : Abdullah Shafique, Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam (captain), Salman Ali Agha, Iftikhar Ahmed, Tayyab Tahir, Saud Shakeel, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Haris, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Usama Mir, Faheem Ashraf, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Wasim, Naseem Shah, Shaheen Afridi
- Nepal: Rohit Paudel (captain), Mahamad Asif Sheikh, Kushal Bhurtel, Lalit Rajbanshi, Bhim Sharki, Kushal Malla, Dipendra Singh Airee, Sandeep Lamichhane, Karan KC, Gulshan Kumar Jha, Aarif Sheikh, Sompal Kami, Pratish GC, Kishor Mahato, Sundeep Jora, Arjun Saud, Shyam Dhakal
- Bangladesh: Shakib Al Hasan (captain), Litton Das, Tanzid Tamim, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Towhid Hridoy, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Hasan Mahmud, Sheikh Mahedi, Nasum Ahmed, Shamim Hossain, Afif Hossain, Shoriful Islam, Ebadot Hossain, Naim Sheikh
- Sri Lanka: Dasun Shanaka (captain), Danushka Gunathilaka, Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, Charith Asalanka, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Ashen Bandara, Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanindu Hasaranga, Maheesh Theekshana, Jeffrey Vandersay, Praveen Jayawickrama, Chamika Karunaratne, Dilshan Madushanka, Matheesha Pathirana, Nuwanidu Fernando, Dushmantha Chameera, Dinesh Chandimal
- Afghanistan: Hashmatullah Shahidi (captain), Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Riaz Hassan, Rahmat Shah, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Nabi, Ikram Alikhil, Rashid Khan, Gulbadin Naib, Karim Janat, Abdul Rahman, Sharafuddin Ashraf, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Noor Ahmad, Suliman Safi, Fazalhaq Farooqi
- Where to watch Asia Cup 2023?
Asia Cup 2023 will be broadcast live and exclusive on the Star Sports network. It will also be streamed for free on the Disney+Hotstar app. : All about Asia Cup 2023 — Teams, squads, schedule, format, match time, where to watch and more
Has India won any Asia Cup?
All about the Asia Cup 2023 – The Asia Cup is a special competition that only features nations from one continent, making it the only event of its sort in the whole globe. India has won the Asia Cup seven times, making them the most productive team in the competition’s history.
India has also impressively advanced to the final round 10 times throughout the course of the fifteen finals (despite not competing in one edition). With six Asia Cup titles, Sri Lanka is the team that comes in second place behind India, while Pakistan has won the competition twice. The tournament began with three nations, but over time it increased to six teams, including India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, and Afghanistan.
Visit Homepage To Get Relevant Topics. : Asia Cup Winner 2023: India or Sri Lanka? Who is likely to win the Match?
Who are the squad members of Asia Cup?
Star all-rounder replaced in India’s squad for Asia Cup Final India have made a late change to their Asia Cup squad ahead of the final on Sunday, 17 September. Washington Sundar has been named as a replacement for Axar Patel on the eve of the Asia Cup Final against Sri Lanka on Sunday.
- Sundar has already arrived in Colombo and has linked up with the squad.
- Axar Patel sustained a left quadriceps strain during India’s last Super Four game against Bangladesh on 15 September and will miss the all-important final.
- During the game against the Tigers, Axar scored 42 from 34 balls, which included three fours and two sixes.
The southpaw copped multiple blows during the innings but kept the fight going to keep India in the hunt. World Cup Upsets: India v Bangladesh | CWC 2007 In the end, Bangladesh bowlers pulled things back brilliantly and won by six runs to finish their Asia Cup campaign on a high.
Axar’s replacement Sundar has 16 wickets in as many ODIs at an average of 27.18 with an economy close to five. He has also proved to be handy with the bat, with 233 runs in nine innings which includes a fifty against New Zealand. The off-spinner is a part of India’s Asian Games squad and is expected to join the Asian Games camp after the completion of the final.
India’s squad for Asia Cup final against Sri Lanka: Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, KL Rahul (wicket-keeper), Ishan Kishan (wicket-keeper), Hardik Pandya (VC), Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, Washington Sundar.
The previous two winners of the Asia Cup, India and Sri Lanka, will clash in the final in Colombo. Both teams come into the game with contrasting forms – India suffered a loss in the final over against Bangladesh while Sri Lanka pulled off a heist with a thrilling last-over win against Pakistan in a virtual semi-final.
: Star all-rounder replaced in India’s squad for Asia Cup Final
What are the groups in Asia Cup Super 4?
Asia Cup Super 4 Venues – The four teams that have qualified will be going to perform their matches on different venues. We have given all the venues that are qualified for the top four. You can see in the section below that is given by us and the match will be very interesting. Asia Cup Super 4 Match List