How To Lighten Dark Lips Permanently?
1. Lemon – According to one of the studies on healthline.com, citrus fruit peel may act as an inhibitor of melanin. You can apply lemon every night just before going to sleep. Take a lemon and cut it to gently to rub the juicy part over your lips. In the next morning, rinse and wash your lips with cool water.
- 1 Is it possible to lighten dark lips permanently?
- 2 Why do lips turn dark?
- 3 Can you reverse dark lips?
- 4 Can I bleach my lips?
- 5 Can lemon lighten dark lips?
How can I lighten my dark lips fast?
Lemon scrub – A natural lightening agent used in most home remedies, lemon, can be useful in dealing with dark lips. A lemon and sugar scrub can be used daily. You can also just cut up a lemon, apply it on your lips overnight and wash with lukewarm water the next day. Lip lightening results can be seen in a month.
Is it possible to lighten dark lips permanently?
– Treating hyperpigmentation is often a cosmetic decision. Laser treatments and chemicals such as hydroquinone and kojic acid are often used to treat lip hyperpigmentation. Many hyperpigmentation treatments work by inhibiting an enzyme that produces melanin. You might, however, find a natural lip lightener that suits your needs. Here are some to consider.
Why do lips turn dark?
Dark Lip Basics – Lips are only covered with three to five layers of cells, unlike most of the skin which is covered with about 16. This means that the thin skin of our lips is more vulnerable to damage such as darkness, dryness, dullness and discolouration. The outside part, where lipstick is applied, is called the vermillion.
The vermillion doesn’t have the sweat or oil glands like the rest of our skin. The protective barriers are thin and hence our lips are more susceptible to pollution and UV damage. Lack of moisture leads to discoloured, dark, hyperpigmented lips due to excess melanin production. This happens due to various reasons including sun exposure, smoking, pregnancy, certain medication or other medical issues.
Less moisture also leads to dry lips. To combat dryness on lips, we suggest using, The lightweight formula is made with aloe vera that helps soothe and heal dry lips by locking in moisture. Read on to find out dark lips causes and remedies. We will also discuss how to lighten dark lips at home.
How can I lighten my dark lips in 3 days?
Rosewater – Mix two drops of rose water with six drops of honey. Apply this mixture to your lips 3-4 times a day. You can also apply this before going to bed. Canva
Can you reverse dark lips?
Lip darkening – There are several treatments for hyperpigmentation, They may help return your lips to their natural color. tips to lighten lips
Exfoliation. Lip skin is delicate and should be treated with care. You can make a DIY exfoliator at home, or use a store-bought brand. Try mixing coarse salt or sugar with almond oil or coconut oil and gently massaging the mixture into your lips once a day. You can also use a soft bristle brush or washcloth dipped in oil to exfoliate. Use a moisturizer or lip balm after each treatment. Shop for almond oil and coconut oil, Lip mask. Anecdotal evidence shows that lip masks containing turmeric, lemon, or lime juice may help lighten lips. Try combining one or more of these ingredients with vitamin A or vitamin E oil, and coat your lips for 15 minutes, once daily. Shop for vitamin E oil, Laser treatment. Done professionally by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, laser treatments work by focusing concentrated pulses of light deep within the skin’s layers. These treatments can be used to restore lips to their natural color, target dark spots, remove excess melanin, stimulate collagen production, and erase vertical wrinkles around the mouth.
What color corrects dark lips?
Step 2. First Session of Dark Lip Correction Treatment – Ethnic lip-coloring is a complex procedure that requires knowledge and experience of color theory and color-mixing. In the first sitting of dark lip correction, the main goal is to neutralize the cool tones, especially for ethnic skin tones.
This session will help to reduce the darkness of lips by using warm-based pigments. The darker the original color of the skin, the warmer and brighter the pigments you must choose. Generally, shades of red, orange, and yellow are preferred to lift the base color and neutralize the lips. Subtle tones of gold to yellow are recommended for lips with deep blue and darker purple undertones in their pigmentations.
Pigments of warmer colors, ranging from orange to brighter pinks, are used as correctors for subtle blue undertones. After the first session of the neutralization process, the healing period can extend anywhere between six to eight weeks, sometimes even more (depending on the individual).
During these weeks, the injected pigment color will start to fade. Just after the procedure, the lips may appear bright pink to red. This intensity will remain the same for about five days to up to a week. After around two weeks, the brightness obtained from the first neutralization session will begin to decline once the pigment starts to interact with the melanin of the body.
The intensity will go down to roughly 60% of what it was initially. Depending upon the final color achieved after the first procedure and its healing process, the second session could either be the second cycle of naturalization or the use of targeted pigment color.
Which cream is best for black lips?
Lip sense Lip Cream is India’s First Lightening Cream with clinically proven actives for lightening of dark lips. This luxurious formula is enriched with proven natural actives, skin essential vitamins, nourishing oils, butter and hyaluronic acid in a multi functional delivery system. Lipsense Lip Lightening Cream Cream (Pack of: 1, 10 g)
Does Vaseline lighten lips?
Hi thanks for your query,vaseline will not help to lighten but it will prevent in treating cracked lips by moisturising.
How can I make my lips look brighter?
– Using a few drops of lemon juice, you can make your lips appear brighter and slough off dead skin. Just rub the lemon juice on to your skin and watch your skin brighten up before your eyes. Make sure your lips aren’t cracked or super dry before you use this remedy, as it may sting and make things worse.
Are dark lips unhealthy?
– Lip color is natural and does not need treatment. Dark lips are not a sign of an underlying health problem unless the color has changed over time. Keep the lips looking healthy by eating well, moisturizing, and staying hydrated. A person can also try some simple home remedies to gently exfoliate the lips and keep them moisturized.
Why my lips are black even though I don’t smoke?
Deficiency of Vitamins –
One of the most important causes of dark lips is vitamin B12 deficiency. In this condition, you will get dark spots or patchy dark lips. When diagnosed then the doctor might tell you to have vitamin-rich foods and supplements as well. In some cases, injections might be required. Vitamin B 12 foods are mostly food in animal meat like eggs, chicken, fish, mushrooms, and fortified cereals.
What colour should your lips be?
Lip Color: What’s Normal? – In scientific terms, “lips” refers to the entire structure that surrounds the oral aperture (which includes the mouth), but the part of the lips that we’re discussing here is called the “vermillion,” which can be identified as the “red part” of the lips.
Can I bleach my lips?
3 Simple Ways to Lighten Dark Lips Permanently
- 1 Wash your lips with a gentle cleanser and pat them dry. It is important that your lips are clean and free of any food or residue. Use a gentle face cleanser to wash your lips. Avoid scrubbing or exfoliating them. Rinse your lips off with cool water and pat them dry with a clean towel.
- Use a cleanser that is free of fragrance so you don’t irritate your lips.
- 2 Apply a thin layer of bleaching cream over your lips once a day. Choose a mild bleaching cream that is made specifically for your lips. Look for the ingredient hydroquinone, which is specifically for lightening skin. Spread a thin layer of bleaching cream onto your lips once per day. Lip skin is very thin, so it is important not to overuse bleaching cream.
- You can purchase bleaching creams at most beauty supply stores.
- Wash your hands after applying the bleaching cream.
Warning: If you have been prescribed a bleaching cream by your dermatologist, use it as often as your doctor recommends. Advertisement
- 3 Leave the bleaching cream on overnight or as directed. Bleaching cream needs to sit on your skin for a few hours in order to work. Let the bleaching cream sit on your lips overnight or as directed by your doctor. Let it dry before you lay your head on a pillow so that it doesn’t wipe off.
- Do not leave bleaching cream on for longer than 12 hours. Bleaching cream can damage your lips.
- Make sure your bleaching cream does not contain more than 2% of its active ingredient. Anything more will be too harsh for your lips.
- 4 Use bleaching cream daily for 3 to 4 months. If your doctor prescribed bleaching cream, use it as long as you are directed. Do not use bleaching cream for longer than 4 months at a time, or it could permanently damage your lip skin. If you get your desired results before 4 months, stop using the cream.
Your lips may be more sensitive to sunlight when you use bleaching cream. Wear sunscreen on your lips anytime you are outdoors for an extended period of time.
- 1 Contact a licensed dermatologist for a KTP laser treatment. KTP lasers are less intense than other lasers that dermatologists use. The laser concentrates on dark pigmented skin and enters the cells to kill only those skin cells that are dark in color. Call a dermatologist near you to set up an initial appointment and talk about what treatment you’d like to have done.
- KTP lasers are not usually used on people with darker skin tones, since the lasers target dark skin cells.
- 2 Attend 2 to 4 sessions to lighten your lips fully. KTP lasers usually take between 2 and 4 sessions to get your desired results. Make sure you attend each session when your dermatologist tells you to. Tell your dermatologist if you think you need more sessions to lighten your lips fully. Warning: KTP lasers can provide some slight discomfort. Let your dermatologist know if you are in extreme pain during your treatment.
- 3 Keep your lips cool for a few hours after your treatment as you heal. Since KTP lasers can make your lips feel uncomfortable, your dermatologist may prescribe you an anesthetic topical to apply after your treatment. Apply this as directed by your doctor. Use an ice pack if your lips are red or swollen, and avoid drinking hot liquids for a few hours after your treatment.
- KTP lasers do not usually leave scars or bruises.
- 1 Drink water throughout the day. Lips are skin too, and they need to stay moisturized. Dehydrated lips could become dark or enhance any dark spots already there. Try to drink a glass of water each time you are feeling thirsty, and avoid dehydrating liquids with caffeine or alcohol in them.
- Drink extra water after exercising or sweating heavily.
- 2 Stop staining your lips with cigarettes, soda, and coffee. Dark liquids like coffee and soda serve to dehydrate your lips as well as stain them. Cigarettes stain your lips with nicotine and other chemicals. Cut down on both cigarettes and dehydrating liquids to avoid darkening your lips further.
- Consider using a straw to drink coffee to avoid staining your lips.
- 3 Exfoliate your lips once a week with a scrub. Keeping your lips exfoliated will encourage new cell growth and can promote healthy, less dark skin. Wash your lips once a week with an exfoliating scrub. Do not exfoliate more than once a week, or you could irritate your thin lip skin. Tip: by combining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of honey, 1 teaspoon (4.9 mL) of olive oil, and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of brown sugar.
- 4 Moisturize your lips daily with lip balm or petroleum jelly. Keeping your lips hydrated will promote new skin cells and prevent cracking which can lead to dark spots. Use a light lip balm during the day and apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly to your lips before you go to bed. Your lips may need more moisturizer during the winter when the air is more dry.
- Use lip balms that do not have scents to avoid irritating your lips further.
Question Why should you exfoliate your lips? Professional Makeup Artist Erica Coates is a Professional Makeup Artist and the Owner of Erica Nicole Beauty based in the Washington D.C. metro area. With more than 14 years of experience, she specializes in creating and personalizing makeup looks and skin prep for makeup. Erica received her cosmetology training from the Bennett Career Institute. Exfoliation is a great way to help rid the top layer of the skin to help it appear more youthful and glowy.
Ask a Question Advertisement
- Gentle cleanser
- Bleaching cream
- KTP laser appointment
- Ice packs or numbing cream (optional)
- Lip scrub
- Lip balm or petroleum jelly
Co-authored by: Professional Makeup Artist This article was co-authored by and by wikiHow staff writer,, Erica Coates is a Professional Makeup Artist and the Owner of Erica Nicole Beauty based in the Washington D.C. metro area. With more than 14 years of experience, she specializes in creating and personalizing makeup looks and skin prep for makeup.
- Co-authors: 3
- Updated: May 29, 2022
- Views: 50,171
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 50,171 times. : 3 Simple Ways to Lighten Dark Lips Permanently
What causes pink lips?
Why is the colour of the lips pink? – The lip skin has more blood vessels that appear through the skin due to very less melanin in the lip skin. This is the reason why the lips appear pink in colour.1
Can a dermatologist help with dark lips?
Lip Lightening | Mclean VA & Woodbridge, VA | Skin & Laser Dermatology Center Lip darkening (hyperpigmentation) is a common occurrence that can be cosmetically treated under the expertise of the dermatologists and dermatological providers at Skin and Laser Dermatology Center. Lip darkening can be caused by many factors and can be difficult to treat.
Representative example of hyperpigmented lip treated with ABMD Brightening Cream: What causes lip darkening to occur? Lip darkening (hyperpigmentation) can occur for many reasons, some of which include:
Sun exposure: The skin on our lips is sensitive and sun exposure can increase the amount of pigment (color) in the skin. The higher levels of pigmentation can then cause dark or brown patches on the lips.
Conventional Hair Removal Methods: Waxing or the use of razors around the lips can cause or increase the likelihood of developing darkened areas on and around the lips due to friction and irritation. Skin conditions resulting in skin darkening (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation): There are some skin conditions that can cause dark spots to appear on the lips. These skin conditions may be caused by hormonal or nutritional changes, allergies, or medications, among other factors. for example, causes dark patches to appear, usually on the face, and can affect the lips. It is important to monitor dark spots and patches and have them examined by a dermatological provider in order to ensure they are benign (harmless). At Skin and Laser Dermatology Center, our providers are able to treat both medical and cosmetic concerns, often in the same session.
What treatments are there to lighten darkening on the lips?
: Chemical peels can exfoliate the darkened patches to reveal lighter skin. Chemical peels can be more powerful than over the counter exfoliants or lip scrubs. : Skin and Laser Dermatology Center offers a number of lasers that can be effective at minimising the pigment in the area. They work by precisely targeting the affected areas of the lips to deliver maximal results. : Designed by our own dermatologist, this skin lightening creams contain ingredients that reduce the pigment in the treated area.
It is critical and essential to continue sun protection of treated areas to protect results and prevent recurrence of hyperpigmentation. How quickly can I expect results? If skin-lightening creams are used, you will need to continue the treatment for around 2 or 4 months to achieve the best results.
If you choose to undergo a laser treatment to lighten your skin, it will often take between one and several treatment sessions to significantly reduce the dark spots, depending on individual factors. By scheduling a cosmetic consultation, the best treatment option for specific concerns can be addressed.
Are there side effects of skin lightening? Individuals who have a skin lightening procedure may experience some side effects depending on the treatment method. The exact risks of any procedure recommended will be discussed at the time of consultation.
- Your provider and skin care expert at Skin and Laser Dermatology Center will inform you of possible risks and their recommended course of action.
- Skin & Laser Dermatology Center treats patients for all skin care concerns, including skin cancer surgery, cosmetic dermatology, sclerotherapy, laser peels, laser hair removal, hyperhidrosis, rosacea, and acne treatments.
: Lip Lightening | Mclean VA & Woodbridge, VA | Skin & Laser Dermatology Center
Can you turn black lips to pink?
– People can get pink lips naturally by using simple treatments, such as lip balms, scrubs, or masks. However, the effect will be temporary. Many at-home treatments that make the lips more pink work by increasing the blood flow to the area, which will eventually return to normal.
Can lemon lighten dark lips?
This story is from December 29, 2013 Healthy pink lips add extra charm to a person’s face. These naturally appealing lips don’t need regular application of lips balms or lipsticks to look luscious and healthy. But several factors like the suns UV rays, smoking, caffeine and age can affect our lips and darken them.
- Luckily, there are several natural solutions to lighten darker lips.
- Here is a list of natural home remedies that can lighten dark lips,’ Honey : Honey is an amazing natural ingredient, which can be used to treat dark lips.
- It not only lightens your lips but also makes them soft.
- Apply honey on your lips and leave it on overnight, everyday.
Continue this practice for a couple of weeks and you will notice a change in your lip colour. Lemon juice : Lemon is known to be a bleaching agent and it acts as an effective remedy to treat dark lips. Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice to your lips and massage them gently.
- Follow this ritual every night before bed.
- Sugar scrub: Sugar works as an excellent scrub to exfoliate lips and also helps get rid of unwanted dead skin.
- Take three spoons of sugar and mix it with two spoons of butter to make a thick paste.
- Use this mixture on your lips to exfoliate them.
- The added butter moisturises your lips.
Like your skin, your lips also need to be exfoliated regularly. Try this scrub two or three times a week for lighter lips. Beetroot: This deep purple ingredient helps cleanse and lighten lips. Beetroot juice has natural agents, which lighten lips. Use its juice on your lips for effective results.
Ice cubes: This simple method of rubbing ice cubes over your lips will help them remain moisturised and fresh as ice cubes not only hydrate your lips but also make them plump. Milk cream: Try milk cream (malai) with a bit of saffron and apply this mixture to your lips. This is an age old remedy for treating dark lips.
Continue this ritual several times a day and at night for effective results. Read more Personal Health, Diet & Fitness stories on www.healthmeup.com FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA Facebook Twitter Instagram KOO APP YOUTUBE