How To Find Buyers For Export?
Use online directories and search engines – When you’re searching for new foreign buyers, it’s important not to underestimate the power of internet searches. With around 3.5 billion active users worldwide, the internet has become one of the most powerful tools as we pursue new business opportunities.
And when it comes to finding new export businesses or suppliers for India’s exported products from abroad, it’s a great way of identifying prospects within specific countries or regions around the world. One particularly effective strategy for online searches is using online business directories like the D&B Hoovers platform.
Also, it can allow you to get in touch with specific export companies or contacts within those businesses who might be interested in purchasing your export products based on their location and industry sector.
- 0.1 How do I find buyers for export in Europe?
- 0.2 How do I find export opportunities?
- 0.3 Who is the number 1 exporter?
- 0.4 Who is the biggest exporter in the EU?
- 1 How do you find buyers in Europe?
- 2 How do I get buyers online?
- 3 Where can I find potential buyers?
- 4 How do you approach export customers?
- 5 What is Netherlands biggest export?
- 6 Can you make money exporting?
- 7 How do exporters go about finding foreign distributors?
How do I find buyers for export in Europe?
6. Use food marketplaces, but be selective – The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated e-commerce as well as digital trading platforms. Online marketplaces offer a platform for buyers and sellers, and often facilitate the transaction and logistics. Be aware that in the trade of grains, pulses and oilseeds, personal contacts are key, and trade platforms can attract lots of unwanted attention.
- For your potential buyers, online marketplaces take away much of the personal relationships and many aspects of quality control and compliance.
- Therefore these are not preferred by European buyers and you will find mostly sellers from countries such as India, China and Vietnam instead of buyers.
- However, extending services of online platforms in transactions, logistics and trade securities can integrate supply chains.
They make it possible for many new companies to join the international trade and explore new buyer segments further down the value chain. For this reason, you can expect these platforms to continue their growth and play a bigger role in the future. Non-specialised trade platforms that have been around for some time include or, where you can publish your offer.
A relatively new platform is, which focuses on the global sourcing of food and agricultural products. It also provides, and facilitates trade transactions. An interesting new initiative is, a global food product discovery platform. This platform allows you to show your branded or added-value product and connect to retailers.
RangeMe has expanded into the United Kingdom and the Benelux countries, with leading buyers such as health and wellness retailer to find the latest products for their customer base. Contact your country’s chamber of commerce, governmental trade or export agencies or Business Support Organisations (BSOs), which promote exports from your home country and are in contact with overseas buyers.
Commercial attaches working in your country’s embassy in Europe are a point of contact as well. They often have useful information about the market and sometimes economic or commercial attachés are very much involved in helping to guide you into a market – the service level is different for each country.
There are also governmental organisations in Europe that promote imports from developing countries. Check with them to see whether they have specific programmes for your country and sector. For instance:
How do I find export opportunities?
Consult with your industry trade association to see if they offer exporting help or advice. See if your state offers special programs to encourage exporting by providing assistance in locating potential international buyers. Review this list of countries that have free trade agreements with the US.
Who is the number 1 exporter?
World’s 10 Largest Exporters – China leads the list of the world’s largest exporter. Interestingly, of the top 10 leading exporting countries, 4 are from Asia, 5 from Europe and 1 from North America.
|NO||COUNTRY||YEARLY EXPORTS VALUE||DATE OF INFORMATION|
|2||UNITED STATES||$2.52 trillion||2019|
|6||UNITED KINGDOM||$879 billion||2019|
|8||SOUTH KOREA||$669 billion||2019|
Who is EU biggest export market?
EU Top 10 (2010) Top 20 (2010) According to the European Commission Directorate-General for Trade, The 10 largest trading partners of the European Union with their total trade (sum of imports and exports) in millions of euro for calendar year 2021 are as follows.
|Rank||Country/district||Exports||Imports||Total trade||Trade balance|
table> EU-27 trade in goods (2021 in billion euros)
Who is the biggest exporter in the EU?
Paste HTML to embed in website:
|European Union Exports By Country||Value||Year|
How do you find buyers in Europe?
3. Visit (online) trade fairs and use their catalogues – A good way to find buyers is by visiting trade fairs. Many European businesses use these trade fairs to manage their relations and show their presence on the market. Trade fairs are therefore an ideal place to meet in person with various importers.
- They are also a great opportunity to find background information on your new target market(s) and present your company directly to your potential customers.
- This process clearly means that you will make costs.
- However, you will find a large concentration of relevant prospects in one place.
- It is worth the investment if you come prepared.
The main trade fairs in the fresh fruit and vegetable sector are Fruit Logistica in February in Berlin (Germany), and Fruit Attraction in October in Madrid (Spain). For specific markets or segments, you could consider going to other events as well.
How do I get buyers online?
Online methods –
- Website/blog: The first step is to set up a website for your business. Make it attractive and professional as first impressions matter. Including regularly updated information about your products and manufacturing processes, with photographs, can give your business credibility. Using search engine optimisation (SEO) will ensure your website pops up on Google whenever a relevant search request is made by potential buyers in your target country. Search Engine Marketing and Google Search Console are other tools at your disposal to increase your website’s visibility. Apart from a website, you can start a blog to inform potential buyers about your products.
- Social media: Social media can be a powerful ally in your search for foreign buyers. A presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Reddit can help you reach out to a global audience. You can join a Facebook group that matches buyers and sellers and offers trade tips, for example. There are advantages to having a social media marketing strategy for your export business – it isn’t difficult to come up with a well-thought-out strategy and, best of all, it doesn’t cost a lot of money.
- Email marketing: Another internet marketing strategy you can use is email marketing, which is when you send out newsletters, sales promotions and exclusive deals and offers to potential buyers via email. An email is unexpectedly effective. It has a better chance of being seen than a social media post. You can build your own email list or buy a database of importers and stores. Just remember to follow the relevant laws on business emails, Spamming is not okay.
- B2B websites: Registering with business-to-business (B2B) websites such as Alibaba, Global Sources, DHgate, Made in China, Tradewheel and iOffer is another effective way of becoming visible to a wide customer base. These platforms attract millions of buyers and sellers. Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba, for instance, is the world’s third-largest retailer after Walmart and Amazon. There are also numerous Indian B2B companies – IndiaMART, TradeIndia and Exporters India – that match exporters with buyers.
- FIEO GlobalLinker: As its name suggests, the FIEO GlobalLinker connects sellers and buyers. It allows exporters to set up their online stores and develop a digital catalogue that can be accessed by buyers across the world. Additionally, it uses AI to identify businesses that might be interested in what you export.
Where can I find potential buyers?
Once you’ve decided on the appropriate value for your business, the next step is to find a buyer. Potential buyers may be interested in your company solely for the money it will bring them; others may see it as a strategic fit for their existing businesses and yet others may wish to continue it as is.
Preparing a selling memorandum is an important step in getting the message out to these buyers and conveying the important terms of sale. Whether you are attempting to locate your own buyer or have retained a business broker to do the looking for you, you can jump-start the process by thinking about the people or companies you come into contact with.
Think about your suppliers, customers, employees, and your local, regional, and national competitors. Do any seem to be possible candidates to be interested in purchasing your company? Are there any you would rule out, as someone you would not want to sell to? Such a list can provide a starting point for your agent, although he or she should also have an extensive list of contacts in other regions or industries from which to draw.
Potential third-party buyers for your company can come from anywhere — your customers, suppliers, your community or industry competition. Buyers who are unrelated to you and who may be unearthed by your business broker can usually be divided into two groups: financial buyers and strategic buyers. A third group of potential buyers is composed of people you already know well: your family, managers, or employees.
Finally, if your business has grown quite large and/or you’re in an industry that’s red-hot at the moment, you may be able to sell out to the general public via an Initial Public Offering (IPO), although an IPO is generally considered a tool to raise capital for on-going business development.
How do you approach export customers?
National Embassy’s – This is more of an old school approach but still relevant. National Embassy’s want to promote trade between their country and the world and are there to help create these links. Contacting the commercial section of a country’s embassy and asking if they can provide you with a list of wholesalers of your export product is well worth doing.
- This also works in reverse, if you are looking to source particular products from a country, contacting the embassy of that country is a good idea.
- For example, some years ago, we had an entrepreneur looking to source pine furniture to import to the UK and sell.
- He contacted the Cypriot embassy in London, where he was based and asked if they could help.
Cyprus has many pine trees and is well known for its furniture so this was an obvious place to source. The embassy was happy to help and promote its exports and give a list of reputable and well established factory wholesalers and our entrepreneur went on to negotiate some great deals and setup a successful business.
What is Netherlands biggest export?
Exports in Netherlands is expected to be 68300.00 EUR Million by the end of this quarter, according to Trading Economics global macro models and analysts expectations. In the long-term, the Netherlands Exports is projected to trend around 70500.00 EUR Million in 2024 and 71500.00 EUR Million in 2025, according to our econometric models.
– Trading Economics members can view, download and compare data from nearly 200 countries, including more than 20 million economic indicators, exchange rates, government bond yields, stock indexes and commodity prices. The Trading Economics Application Programming Interface (API) provides direct access to our data.
It allows API clients to download millions of rows of historical data, to query our real-time economic calendar, subscribe to updates and receive quotes for currencies, commodities, stocks and bonds. Please Paste this Code in your Website Netherlands Exports The Netherlands is the third largest exporter in the Euro Area and derives more than two-thirds of its GDP from merchandise trade. Main exports are: machinery and transport equipment (28 percent of total exports), mineral fuels (23 percent), food (11 percent), clothing and footwear (10 percent) and pharmaceuticals (5 percent).
|74280.00||68215.00||78355.00||494.60||1960 – 2023||EUR Million||Monthly|
Which export is most profitable?
Which export business is most profitable in India? – The most profitable export business in India is the export of pharmaceuticals, followed by the exports of textiles and apparel, engineering goods, chemicals, gems and jewellery, leather goods, food and beverages, and marine products.
Can you make money exporting?
Is an import/export business profitable? – Many import/export businesses are very profitable. To improve your company’s chances of profitability, it’s important to conduct the required research on your industry and have a well-documented business plan.
How do exporters go about finding foreign distributors?
Online Marketplaces – Check major online market places.Online B2B Marketplaces are a great way to find international distributors and expand your sales channels. Some of the B2B marketplaces include Global Sources (USA), Buyer Zone (USA), EC21 (Korea), EC Plaza (Korea) and Busy Trade (Hong Kong) etc.
How do I find buyers for export in China?
Attend Trade Events – Attending trade events in China and around the world is one of the best options to find new and trustworthy Chinese importers and exporters. Trade associations in China organize trade events from time to time for providing a platform to global import export traders to meet new business people. Here is the list of few trade events that will take place in China in February and March 2018.
|Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles 2018 (Spring)||2018/03/01 – 2018/03/01||333 Songze Avenue, Qingpu District, Shanghai, China|
|ECF 2018 – The 28th East China Fair 2018||2018/03/01 – 2018/03/05||2345 Long Yang Road, Pudong Area, Shanghai, 201204, China|
|2018 Hong Kong International Diamond, Gem & Pearl Show||2018/02/27 – 2018/03/03||AsiaWorld-Expo Management Limited, AsiaWorld-Expo, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong, China|
|AFJ 2018 – 2018 Asia’s Fashion Jewellery & Accessories Fair||2018/02/28 – 2018/03/03||AsiaWorld-Expo Management Limited, AsiaWorld-Expo, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong, China|
Not only China, you can also attend popular trade events around the world. Designated business tycoons from various countries including China appear for the event and share their business offerings in order to build business relations with new customers. This will definitely help you in locating and joining hands with potential importers or exporters of China.