How To Copy Text From Pdf?
Copy text and images from PDFs – Confirm that content copying is allowed
Right-click the document, and choose Document Properties, Click the Security tab, and review the Document Restrictions Summary,
Copy specific content from a PDF
Right-click the document, and choose Select Tool from the pop-up menu. Drag to select text, or click to select an image. Right-click the selected item, and choose Copy,
Copy an entire PDF (Windows® Acrobat Reader application only, not browser)
Choose Edit > Copy File to Clipboard,
- 1 How do I extract text from a PDF in Windows 10?
- 2 How do you force copy something?
- 3 How do I copy text from unselectable text?
- 4 How do I copy unselectable text?
- 5 How do I copy text from a PDF that won’t let me Reddit?
Can you copy and paste text from a PDF?
Copy text and images from PDFs – You can easily copy content in Reader unless the PDF author has applied security settings that disallow copying. If you receive a password-protected PDF, use the designated password to open the document. Some secured documents have restrictions that prevent you from printing, editing, or copying content.
Open the PDF document in Reader. Right-click the document, and choose Document Properties, Click the Security tab, and review the Document Restrictions Summary, Check whether the content copying is allowed
Copy specific content from a PDF
Open the PDF document in Reader. Right-click the document, and choose Select Tool from the pop-up menu. Drag to select text, or click to select an image. Right-click the selected item, and choose Copy, The content is copied to the clipboard. In an another application, choose Edit > Paste to paste the copied content.
Copy an entire PDF (Windows Reader application only, not browser)
Open the PDF document in Reader. Choose Edit > Copy File to Clipboard, The content is copied to the clipboard. In an another application, choose Edit > Paste to paste the copied content.
The Snapshot tool copies an area as an image that you can paste into other applications.
Choose Edit > Take a Snapshot, Drag a rectangle around the area you want to copy, and then release the mouse button. Press the Esc key to exit Snapshot mode.
In another application, choose Edit > Paste to paste the copied image. : Copy content from PDFs, Adobe Reader
How do I extract text from a PDF in Windows 10?
STDU Viewer – Basically, STDU Viewer is a free software designed to open and view multiple file formats. In addition to that, the free version of STDU Viewer supports exporting text contents from PDF files. To export the text contents of a PDF file, open the PDF file with STDU Viewer, click File menu, click Export, click To text, select a location to save the new text file and then click OK button. The export option lets you extract text from a single, multiple or all pages.
How do you force copy something?
How to Copy Text That Can’t be Copied on a Website: 8 Ways A user-friendly guide to copy restricted text from a website on any device Are you trying to copy text from a website that blocks you from selecting or right-clicking content? While it might seem impossible, there are several ways to copy text from any protected website, even if you can’t right-click the page.
- Download the “Enable Copy-Paste & Right-Click Mouse” extension on Chrome. Click the icon to enable it.
- On mobile, upload a screenshot into Google Photos. Tap “Copy text” and select the text.
- Chrome for Android: Tap the three vertical dots in Chrome and go to Settings > Site settings,
- Safari on iPhone/iPad: In the Settings app, go to Safari > Advanced,
- Safari for Mac: Click the Safari menu and go to Preferences > Security,
- 2 Click the “Enable Copy-Paste & Right-Click Mouse” icon. You’ll see it at the top-right corner of your browser. This will reload the web page and enable the extension.
- 3 Go to the website with text you want to copy. This extension will work for most websites. Even if you aren’t able to select individual lines of text with your mouse with this extension, you’ll still be able to copy and paste all of the text on the website once it’s enabled.
- 4 Copy the text you want to copy. You should now be able to select some text and right-click to Copy,
- If you still can’t select text, click any blank area in the page, press Ctrl + A (PC) or Cmd + A (Mac) to select all, then Ctrl + C (PC) or Cmd + C (Mac) to copy. Open a document or text file, and then the copied items into that document.
- 1 Open the website in the Microsoft Edge web browser. Edge has a cool feature called Web Select that allows you to select and copy any text on a website—even if the text is unselectable. If you have a Windows PC, you already have Microsoft Edge. Mac users can download Edge from,
- 2 Right-click a blank area of the page and choose Web Select, You can also press Ctrl + Shift + X (PC) or Cmd + Shift + X (Mac) to quickly launch the tool.
- 3 Drag your mouse cursor over the text you want to select. This highlights any text in the selection and adds a quick “Copy” button at the bottom-right corner.
- 4 Click Copy, Now that the text is copied to your clipboard, you can paste it as plain text into any document or app.
- 1 Save the page as a PDF file. If you’re able to right-click the page but not select text, you can save the page as a PDF file and use a PDF reader that allows you to copy text. The steps are different depending on your device:
- Windows: Press Ctrl + P, set the printer to Microsoft Print to PDF, and then click Print,
- Mac: Press Cmd + P, select PDF at the bottom, choose Save as PDF and then Save,
- iPhone/iPad: Open the website in Safari and take a screenshot. Tap the screenshot preview, select Full Page at the top, tap Done, and select Save PDF to Files, Choose a location you’ll remember and tap Save PDF to Files,
- Android: Tap the menu in Chrome, select Share, tap the round PDF icon, and choose a location you’ll remember.
- 2 Open the PDF in a reader that lets you copy text. Now that you have a PDF, you can easily copy and paste text from a variety of PDF readers. Adobe Reader won’t work in many cases, but these options always will:
- Windows: If you have Microsoft Word, right-click the PDF, select Open With, and then choose Word, If not, you can, Once uploaded, right-click the file in Google Drive, select Open with, and then choose Google Docs,
- Mac: Just double-click the PDF to open it in Preview. If you can’t select text, click the Text menu and choose Text Selection,
- iPhone/iPad: Open the Files app, browse for the PDF you just saved, and tap the PDF to open it.
- Android: first. Then, open Chrome, go to and sign in. Tap the three dots at the top-right and select Request Desktop Site, Then, open the PDF and tap Open in Google Docs,
- 3 Copy text from the PDF. Just use the mouse cursor to highlight the text you want, and then right-click (or long-tap) the selection and choose Copy,
- 1 Take a screenshot of the text you want to copy. If you can’t tap and select text on a website in a web browser on your iPhone or iPad, you can of the text you need and then use Live Text to extract the text.
- You’ll need to have iOS 15 (iPhone) or iPadOS 15.1 (iPad) or later to use Live Text.
- If you need more than a single screen’s worth of text from the page, see instead.
- 2 Open the Photos app and tap your screenshot. You’ll find the screenshot in your Recents folder.
- 3 Tap and hold the text you want to copy. You’ll see that you can now select the text from a photo as you would any other text. Just extend the bars on either side of the highlighted text to select all the text you want to copy.
- 4 Tap Copy on the menu. You can now paste the text into any app or file, including the Notes app.
- 1 Take a screenshot of the text you want to copy. The Google Photos app has a “Copy Text” feature that lets you extract text from any photo, including screenshots.
- If you need more than a single screen’s worth of text from the page, see instead.
- Google Photos will also work to extract text on your iPhone or iPad.
- 2 Open the Google Photos app. It’s the app called “Photos” that has a multicolored flower icon.
- 3 Tap the screenshot you just captured. You’ll notice that at the bottom of the image, there’ll be an option for copying text.
- 4 Tap Copy text, Some stars will appear on the image, and then you’ll see that a few words are now highlighted.
- 5 Drag the sliders to select all text and tap Copy, Now that the text is copied to your clipboard, you can easily paste it into any file or app.
- 1 Take a screenshot of the text you want to copy. If you just want to copy a small section of text, just, But if you want all of the text from the website, you can use a helpful feature built into Google Chrome to screenshot the whole webpage at once. Here’s how:
- Go to the webpage in Chrome.
- Click the three-dot menu in Chrome and select More tools > Developer tools,
- Press Ctrl + Shift + P (PC) or Cmd + Shift + P (Mac).
- Type screenshot into the field.
- Find the “Capture full size screenshot” option and click its corresponding Screenshot button.
- Click Save to save the file.
- 3 Upload the screenshot to Google Photos. To do so, just click Upload at the top of Photos, select Computer, and then choose your image.
- 4 Click the photo. You’ll now see the option to copy text from the photo at the top.
- If you took a full-page screenshot that is very long, Google Photos might not be able to read text from it due to the reduced text quality. You can to keep just the parts you need and reupload it if this happens.
- 5 Click Copy text from image, It’s at the top of the page.
- 1 Press Ctrl + U (PC) or ⌘ Cmd + ⌥ Option + U (Mac). This option will display the website’s source code in any web browser. As long as the text you want to copy isn’t an image, you’ll be able to copy it from the source code and paste it anywhere.
- If you’re using Safari on a Mac, you’ll need to enable the Develop menu first. Click the Safari menu, go to Preferences > Advanced, and then check the box next to “Show Develop menu in menu bar.”
- Viewing the source code is a difficult way to copy text from a website, as the text you’re looking for will be formatted in HTML. But when all else fails, it does work to allow you to copy text from any website.
- 2 Turn on line wrap (if available). If you’re using a Chromium-based browser like Chrome or Edge, check the box next to “Line wrap” at the top-left to make the text a bit easier to skim through. In Firefox, right-click a blank area on the source code and choose Wrap long lines,
- 3 Copy the text you need. You can now wade through the source code to find the pieces of text you want to copy. Just use the mouse to highlight the text you want, then press Ctrl + C (PC) or Cmd + C (Mac) to copy it. You can then paste it anywhere.
- To find something specific in the source code, look for a word inside of the text you want to copy. Then, press Ctrl + F (PC) or Cmd + F (Mac) and type that word to find an instance of it in the code.
Ask a Question Advertisement Thanks for reading our article! If you’d like to learn more about Computer Networking, check out our in-depth with, This article was written by and by wikiHow staff writer,, Stan Kats is the COO and Chief Technologist for The STG IT Consulting Group in West Hollywood, California.
- Stan provides comprehensive technology & cybersecurity solutions to businesses through managed IT services, and for individuals through his consumer service business, Stan’s Tech Garage.
- Stan has over 7 years of cybersecurity experience, holding senior positions in information security at General Motors, AIG, and Aramark over his career.
Stan received a BA in International Relations from The University of Southern California. This article has been viewed 162,897 times.
- Co-authors: 7
- Updated: April 11, 2023
- Views: 162,897
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 162,897 times. : How to Copy Text That Can’t be Copied on a Website: 8 Ways
How do I copy text from unselectable text?
Closing Words – Anything that you can see on the screen — text, images, or video can be easily copied or downloaded to your computer. Either by using an OCR reader or by right software. To copy paste text without any formatting do CTRL + SHIFT + V instead of CTRL + V.
How do I copy unselectable text?
Copy Unselectable Text from Windows – Want to copy the error message? It’s simple than you think, you just have to press Ctrl + C and the entire error message will be copied although there are many areas where you can’t copy text like in registry or copying from the start menu.
- Well, in that case, you have to take the help of Textify software.
- The app is only 250kb with a portable,exe file that can be extracted to any location in the computer.
- You can point your mouse over the text, click on the mouse shortcut ( Shift + Middle click by default ), and get a selectable view of the text.
With this tool, you can select anything on the windows PC like a piece of cake. Source: rammichael.com/
How do I copy text from a PDF in Chrome?
How do I select text in a PDF in Chrome? – The solution is to first left click anywhere on the page of the PDF with the mouse before selecting text or pressing CTRL + A and CTRL + C to copy the text.
How do you copy text from a PDF file online?
For pdfFiller’s FAQs – Below is a list of the most common customer questions. If you can’t find an answer to your question, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. How to Copy & Paste text in a PDF Online Using pdfFiller? pdfFiller is an online PDF editing software.
- With pdfFiller, you can search for, edit, store and export PDF documents online without downloading and installing any software.
- PdfFiller also allows you to access and edit PDF documents from any device anytime.
- Can I edit a PDF document online? Yes.
- PdfFiller.com allows you to edit any type of PDF document, scanned form, application, contract document, license form or certificate with our various tools and features.
You can rearrange, rotate, and delete, the pages. You can also, add text, images, and signatures to each page. How to copy and paste text in a PDF online? To copy and paste text in a PDF, upload your document to pdfFiller. You can highlight the text you want to copy and right-click to select copy.
Go back to your pdfFiller’s account and right-click to paste the text into your document. To edit PDF text, choose the “Text” button in the “Edit” tab and start typing. You can also click the “Erase” button in the “Tools” tab and clear the content in your document. To edit font settings, click on the “Font” button.
You can then change the font type, adjust the size and color. You can also edit text into bold, underline, and italics. eSignature workflows made easy Sign, send for signature, and track documents in real-time with signNow.
How do I copy text from a PDF using the keyboard?
Copy Text Using the Select tool, text can be copied and pasted into a different application.
Open your PDF document. Click the icon on the toolbar. – OR – Right-click on the document and choose ‘Select tool’ from the right-click menu, Left-click and drag your cursor over the text you wish to copy to select it. Right-click on the selected text and choose Copy from the right-click menu, – OR – Click Edit on the menu bar and choose Copy, (This will save the content to your Microsoft Clipboard.)
Note: You can also use keyboard shortcuts to copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl +V) content.
How do I copy text from PDF to Word without formatting?
Copy: CTRL+C. Paste: CTRL+V. Paste without formatting: CTRL+Shift+V.
Why can’t I copy text?
Why Isn’t My Copy and Paste Working? – Issues with copy and paste not working may appear in one of the following ways.
- Other applications or processes that are running may use the clipboard and interfere with your copy and paste attempt.
- Malware or viruses can corrupt or disable the clipboard.
- A large clipboard history that hasn’t been cleared recently can cause problems.
- A faulty keyboard or mouse may not allow you to copy or paste correctly.
- Corrupt system files or drivers can interfere with the clipboard.
These issues can occur at any time and may seem somewhat unpredictable.
How do I copy text from a PDF that won’t let me Reddit?
Select the text and press Ctrl + C. This simple trick is easy to block, though. If the right-click isn’t working, try Shift + F10.