How To Become A Government Teacher?
The candidates have to clear the CTET or TET examination. The CTET or TET consist of two papers- Paper I and Paper-II. Candidates willing to teach classes 1 to 5 need to appear for Paper I and for classes 6 to 8 candidates need to appear for Paper-II.
- 1 How do I become a government teacher in the UK?
- 2 How do I become a government teacher in USA?
- 2.1 What is the highest salary of government teacher?
- 2.2 Which teachers are most in demand?
- 2.3 What is the salary of UK govt teacher?
- 2.4 Can a foreigner become a teacher in the UK?
- 2.5 How much does a government teacher earn in UK?
- 2.6 What is the age for up teacher?
- 2.7 What is the salary of government teacher in India?
- 3 Can a foreigner be a teacher in USA?
- 4 Can I immigrate to USA as a teacher?
- 5 What is the best teacher to become?
- 6 What is the best qualification for a teacher?
Which degree is best for govt teacher?
Courses to become government teacher Being a teacher is a very decent and most respectful profession in our country. Brave students develop a strong nation, but intelligent teachers teach these smart students. In our country, many parents have the wish to teach their children from the best teachers.
- Courses to be a government teacher
- There are various courses that can make you a well-qualified government teacher.
- These courses include-
1. UP – BTC (D.El.Ed) BTC (D.El.Ed) is two years teaching the course that makes a person eligible to apply for government teachers in primary and junior level schools. Affiliation Recognition by NCTE, Jaipur & Affiliated with SCERT, Lucknow UP. UP – BTC (D.El.Ed) Duration UP – BTC (D.El.Ed) is two years teaching the course that is divided into four semesters.
- UP – BTC (D.El.Ed) Eligibility Candidate must be graduation pass with 50% for GEN/ OBC Candidates.
- SC/ ST candidates must be graduation pass with 45% (U.
- P domicile only) UP – BTC (D.El.Ed) Fees UP – BTC (D.El.Ed) fees in government institutes are Rs.10,200/ per year and Rs.41000/- per year (As per govt.
Notification) in private colleges.2. Bachler of Education (B.Ed) is a professional teaching degree that makes the candidate eligible to become a government teacher at school and colleges. Eligibility criteria for Bachler of Education The candidate must be graduate from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks to be eligible to pursue B.Ed course.B.Ed admission procedure The duration of the course is two years.
- You have to visit the official sites of institutes, fill the application form, and qualify entrance examination for admission in B.Ed.B.Ed course fees Fees for pursuing B.Ed lies in the range of Rs.24,000 to 70,000/- per annum.3.
- BA B.Ed – 4 years integrated course BA B.Ed is a teaching-oriented four years integrated course that makes a candidate eligible for the government as well as a private teacher.
BA B.Ed Duration BA B.Ed is a four years degree. Eligibility criteria for BA B.Ed Candidate must be 12 th pass with 45% marks to be eligible to apply for the BA B.Ed course. BA B.Ed fees BA B.Ed fees vary from college to college and lie in the range of Rs.20,000 to 50,000 per year.
- 4. Preschool teacher education program
- The preschool education program is a course that makes the candidate eligible to become kindergarten teachers.
- Eligibility criteria for the course
- Candidate should be 10 th pass to be eligible to pursue the Preschool teacher education course.
- Admission procedure
- Admission in the Preschool teacher education course is made based on marks on intermediate.
- Fees of early childhood education course
The fees, of course, lies in the range of Rs.10,000 to 50,000.
- 5. Nursery teacher education program
- In this course, candidates are trained to handle and teach good morals to children and assist them in developing good habits in them.
- Eligibility criteria for this course
- Candidate must be 12 th pass with a minimum of 45% marks to be eligible to pursue a Nursery teacher education program.
- Admission process for this course
- For admission in this course, various institutes collect all applications by the candidate and release the merit list on the based of marks of 10+2.
- Fees of course
Fees of the Nursery teacher education program lies in the range of Rs.5,000 to 25,000.
- 6. Elementary teacher education program (ETT)
- The elementary teacher program is a course that makes a candidate able to interact with students up to eighth grade and teach subjects like maths, science, language.
- Eligibility criteria for this course
- Candidate should be 12 th pass for being eligible to apply for an Elementary teacher education program.
- Admission process for this course
- Admission in ETT is made based on marks of entrance exams conducted by various colleges.
- Fee of course
- The ETT fees vary in the range of Rs.5,000 to 25,000
7. Diploma in Education (D.Ed.) D. Ed is also known as a diploma in education. It helps candidates to learn the basics of teaching and learn in detail about the education system.
- Eligibility criteria for this course
- Candidate should be 12 th pass with 50% marks for being eligible to apply for a diploma in education.
- Admission procedure of D.Ed course
Admission in D.Ed is made based on marks scored by the candidate in the 12 th, Fees of D.Ed course The fee varies according to institutes. Government institutes have a very low fee. However, private institutes take fees up to 10,000 to 50,000 per annum.8. Bachelor of elementary education (B.EI.Ed.)
- Bachelor of elementary education is an undergraduate degree that helps the candidate in learning various subjects related to elementary education.
- Eligibility criteria for Bachelor of elementary education
- Candidate should be 12 th pass with 50% marks for being eligible to apply for a Bachelor of elementary education.
- Admission procedure for admission in Bachelor of elementary education
Admission in B.EI.Ed is done based on marks scored by the candidate in the 12 th, Fees of course The fee varies according to institutes, government institutes having a meager fee. However, private institutes take fees up to 20,000 to 1 lakh.9. Bachelor of physical education program (B.P.Ed.) Bachelor of the physical education program is a three years undergraduate degree.
- Eligibility criteria for Bachelor of physical education program
- Candidate should be 12 th pass with 50% marks for being eligible to apply for a Bachelor of the physical education program.
- Admission procedure for this course
Admission in Bachelor of physical education is made based on marks of 12 th, Some colleges conduct their entrance exams and physical efficiency test for admission in the course. Fees of course Fees of B.P.Ed lies in the range of Rs.10,000 to 60,000 per annum.10.
- Master of Education (M.Ed) The master of education is a two years post-graduate degree.
- It deals with research about the further development of the education system and teaches candidates to develop new techniques about teaching.M.Ed Eligibility criteria The student must have done B.
- Ed from NCTE approved college and should have 50% marks in B.Ed.M.Ed Admission procedure Admission in M.Ed is made based on marks of B.Ed.
Few colleges also conduct their entrance exam.M.Ed fees Fees of M.Ed lies in the range of Rs.12,000 to 65,000 per annum. Conclusion We have shared a complete list of courses that makes a candidate eligible to become a government teacher. Choose the best course as per your choice and become a successful government teacher.
How do I become a government teacher in the UK?
- Is teaching right for me?
- How to become a teacher
- Train to be a teacher
- Fund your training
- Salaries and benefits
- Non-UK teachers
- Get help and support
Discover if a career teaching in a primary or secondary school in England is right for you. These steps can help you to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS), which you need to teach in many primary and secondary schools in England. You do not have to follow the steps in order and some may take longer than others.
- If you have a degree or equivalent qualification, you can do postgraduate primary or secondary teacher training. If you do not have a degree and are not studying for one, you can do undergraduate teacher training. To train to teach, you’ll need to have GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above in English and maths. If you want to teach primary, you will also need a GCSE at grade 4 (C) or above in science. Find out more about the qualifications you need to teach,
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teacher training course fees are around £9,250 per year. You can apply for tuition fee and maintenance loans, even if you already have a student loan. If you’re interested in teaching certain subjects, you might be able to get up to £29k tax-free to support you while you’re training. This money does not have to be paid back. Find out how to fund your training,
- Experiencing life in a school can help you decide if teaching is right for you and who you want to teach. This is a good way to give you a taste of what the classroom is really like. Learn more about getting classroom experience,
- Full-time postgraduate teacher training courses usually take 9 months, while part-time courses can take from 18 to 24. Whichever course you choose, they all involve school placements with some theoretical learning. You can search for postgraduate teaching courses in England (opens in new window) to study for qualified teacher status (QTS). If you do not have a degree and are not studying for one, you can do undergraduate teacher training, These courses usually take 4 years to complete.
- You can usually start applying for postgraduate training in October, the year before your course starts. You can apply any time throughout the year, but some courses do fill up quickly. Get tips on making a great application including finding the right references and writing a personal statement. Apply for teacher training (opens in new window),
How do I become a government teacher in USA?
A bachelor’s degree. Completion of a state-approved teacher education program. A successful background check. Passage of a general teacher certification or licensure exam.
What is the highest salary of government teacher?
What is the Salary of a Teacher in 2023? – A teacher’s compensation is determined by the number of years of relevant experience. For example, the typical beginning pay for a teacher with less than one year of experience is INR 2.90 LPA, But, with increasing experience and education, a teacher’s top income might reach INR 5.30 LPA,
- A teacher’s income is partly determined by the industry in which they work.
- A government school teacher’s income often varies between INR 2.3 LPA and 8.4 LPA, whereas a private school teacher’s salary typically ranges between INR 2.80 LPA and 5 LPA,
- Aspiring teachers can undertake suitable undergraduate and postgraduate teacher training courses in addition to a B.Ed.
degree, The best B.Ed. schools in India accept candidates based on merit as well as B.Ed. entrance examinations,
Which teachers are most in demand?
Frequently Asked Questions About the Most In-Demand Education Careers – There’s a widespread shortage of teachers from elementary school to adult education. The BLS projects around 124,300 openings for kindergarten and elementary school teachers, on average, each year between 2020 and 2030. Additionally, the BLS projects 139,600 openings for college faculty, on average, each year over the decade.
Teacher assistants are also in high demand, with around 136,400 job openings projected, on average, each year from 2020-2030. Becoming a teacher assistant could be the first step toward one of the top-growing careers in education. Proper training, certifications, and experience can help you become a leading candidate to help fill the high demand for skilled teachers.
Teachers are in demand, from kindergarten teachers to college faculty, and the need is growing, according to U.S. News and World Report. There are even more jobs for teacher assistants to fill in the gaps. They help students and provide teacher support.
- English as a second language and interpreters for deaf and hard-of-hearing students are also among the most in-demand fields in education today.
- In fact, the BLS projects jobs for interpreters and translators will grow by 24% between 2020 and 2030.
- Additionally, more occupational therapists and counselors will likely be needed in the education field as institutions continue to expand student services.
You can make a higher salary in education by becoming a postsecondary teacher. As of May 2021, these professionals make a median annual salary of $79,640. The top 10% make over $172,130 a year, Not only that, but there’s plenty of career growth potential as professors often become deans, college presidents, and published authors.
If you want to be a high school teacher and earn more money, consider coaching after school. Sometimes, taking on extra coaching duties can add money to your paycheck. Occupational therapists, interpreters, and fundraising professionals have higher salaries in education as well. While specific needs vary by institution, science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) are subjects that are always in high demand.
Qualified math teachers should be able to teach in multiple areas, including algebra, calculus, and trigonometry. Some of the most in-demand science subjects are physics, chemistry, and biology. Additionally, there’s a growing need for communications and information technology experts.
What is the salary of UK govt teacher?
The average salary for Teacher is £36,776 per year in the London, United Kingdom. The average additional cash compensation for a Teacher in the London, United Kingdom is £1,701, with a range from £546 – £5,299.
Can a foreigner become a teacher in the UK?
Search for a teaching job and apply for a skilled worker visa – The main visa route for non-UK teachers in England is the skilled worker visa. To apply for a skilled worker visa, you will first need to search for a teaching job in England. You can use the UK government’s Teaching vacancies service to search for available teaching roles.
you have a job offer from a school that is a licensed Home Office sponsor you can speak, read, write, and understand English your salary meets the requirements for a skilled worker visa
How much does a government teacher earn in UK?
Main Pay Scale. Teacher Pay Scale 2022-23 – All qualified teachers in the UK will have a starting salary of at least £28,000. Pay increases are linked to performance, not length of service. If you want to earn more than the maximum (M6) in this main pay scale, you will need to progress to the upper pay range for teachers, take a leadership role, or become a leading practitioner.
|Pay range/point||England excluding London and Fringe||Inner London||Outer London||London Fringe|
What is the salary of government teacher per month up?
यूपी PGT टीचर का पहले महीने का शुरुआती इन हैंड वेतन 59688 रुपये (लगभग) होता है। The salary of a UP PGT teacher is determined by the Pay Level 08, Pay Band PB-2 (Rs.9300 to 34800), and Grade Pay 4200. The pay scale ranges from Rs.
What is the age for up teacher?
Candidates applying for the UPTET Exam must be at least 18 years old while the maximum limit to apply for the exam is 35 years.
What is the salary of government teacher in India?
Government Teacher salary in India ranges between ₹ 0.1 Lakhs to ₹ 7.0 Lakhs with an average annual salary of ₹ 3.8 Lakhs.
Can a foreigner be a teacher in USA?
Navigating through the rules, regulations, and requirements for teacher certification can be a difficult and challenging process for teachers who received their training outside U.S. borders, but it could pay off because a shortage of educators in key subjects and geographic locations has increased demand for qualified teachers in the United States.
It is important to note that any non-U.S. citizen who wishes to teach in the United States must first obtain a visa from the U.S. embassy in their home country to be eligible to teach in the United States. In addition to visa requirements, foreign-educated teachers who would like to teach in U.S. public schools (Kindergarten through twelfth-grade levels) must also be certified by the state where they would like to work.
While each state has its own individual certification requirements for foreign-educated teachers, most states have in common certain requirements. In most U.S. states, foreign-educated teachers seeking certification must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of the foreign equivalent of a U.S. undergraduate degree
- Completion of a teacher preparation program that meets the requirements of the state where the individual would like to teach
- Completion of a certain number of university-level credit hours in education and in the subject area they wish to teach
- Most states will also require foreign-educated teachers to submit a credential evaluation report with their teaching application. This report explains an applicant’s foreign credentials to the state board of education and is usually only accepted if it has been prepared by credential evaluators designated by the state.
- Prospective teachers who were educated outside the United States may be required to take an exam or a series of exams to demonstrate their reading, writing, and speaking proficiency in the English language (if it is not their native language).
- Some states also require passing scores on state-specific certification tests ( for more information on Teacher Licensure and Certification tests, visit the Educational Testing Service site ).
- Foreign-educated teachers who meet all of the state’s certification requirements will also need to complete an application for certification and submit a processing fee (normally around USD 100).
* If foreign-educated teachers fail to meet a state’s minimum certification requirements, they may be able to complete additional coursework to meet state standards. Possible Options for Teachers without Certification
- Emergency Certifications – In some states, foreign-educated teachers can get a teaching job without being certified under the state’s emergency certification provisions. Because of critical teacher shortages, some states extend temporary and emergency certifications that bypass state licensing requirements. These temporary certifications are usually given to prospective teachers in high-need subject areas like math, science, bilingual education, and special education. Opportunities to teach under these emergency provisions are fairly common in urban locations, but such emergency teaching certification is only temporary. The teacher still must work towards and eventually obtain official state certification.
- Teaching in Private Schools – While teachers in U.S. public schools must meet teacher certification requirements for their particular state, private schools in any state are allowed to hire non-certified teachers. Although this practice may be a possible route for foreign-educated teachers to find employment, it is important to know that private school teachers are usually paid less than teachers in the public school system. Private school teachers, however, tend to have more control over their lesson plans and typically teach smaller classes.
Assistance for Foreign Teachers The following organizations and Web sites may be able to help qualified foreign teachers with the process of coming to the United States and becoming certified as a teacher (these links are provided for information only and are not endorsed by LatPro):
- Visiting International Faculty Program
- Teach in the USA
- Teach Abroad
Eligibility Requirements and Certification Procedures by State: The resources below provide more information about the teacher certification process for each individual state. Be sure to review the specific requirements for the state where you wish to work.
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA – pdf file
- MISSOURI –,pdf file
- NEW HAMPSHIRE
- NEW JERSEY
- NEW MEXICO
- NEW YORK
- NORTH CAROLINA
- NORTH DAKOTA
- RHODE ISLAND
- SOUTH CAROLINA
- SOUTH DAKOTA
- WEST VIRGINIA
- Fulbright Commission’s US Educational Advisory Service (EAS)
- U.S. Department of Education
Can I immigrate to USA as a teacher?
The H-1B visa class is a viable option for primary, secondary or college teachers with the required knowledge and training, especially during times of national teacher shortages. H-1B visa offers foreign professionals the ability to work temporarily in the United States as long as they hold specialty occupations.
Can UK teachers work in USA?
Frequently asked questions – 1. Can a British teacher teach in America? Yes, a British teacher can teach in America provided they have the right qualifications. Suppose you are a citizen of the United Kingdom. In that case, you should get a PGCE after finishing your degree, work as a teacher for a few years, and then either get hired by a British school in America or an American International School or join one of the programmes that arrange for British teachers to go on exchange to the United States.2.
Can an English person teach in America? Yes, you can teach a subject including English in America. A large community of foreign teachers reside, study, and teach in the US. Public and private schools, as well as higher education and adult education, offer English teaching opportunities. Note: You’ll usually need a degree and teaching license to teach in a public school or government-funded institution (for example, a public university).3.
Are English teachers in demand in the US? The demand for English teachers in the US is enormous. Several international schools in the United States would be able to hire foreign teachers who would be granted a visa.4. Is a UK teaching degree valid in the US? It really depends on what kind of degree you have and in which state you’re planning to find a teaching position.5.
- Can I move to America as a teacher? J-1 teacher visa allows you to serve as a qualified teacher in the US for up to 3 years.
- However, there are possibilities to move to America and pursue a teaching career permanently.
- Eventually, your employer can convert the visa into a permanent residence (aka a Green Card).6.
Does America need teachers? Yes, America’s full-time school teacher shortage is real, large, and growing. Having this teaching experience on your CV will also facilitate your return to the UK if it doesn’t work out and you want to come back sooner than you anticipated.7.
Which country pays highest to teachers?
Luxembourg – According to an OECD report, Luxembourg (a European country) has the highest-paid teachers in the world. Another source indicates that a bachelor’s degree holder is entitled to an initial salary of €67,000 (US $70,323.20) per annum at the start of their teaching career.
- The salary is expected to increase by €20,000 (US $ 20,992) and €31,000 (US $31,488) by the end of 10 and 15 years, respectively.
- Further, the salary is expected to hit a peak of €119,000 (US $ 124,902.40) after 30 years, translating to a €52,000 (the US $ 54,579.20 ) pay increase from their starting salary.
A teacher with a master’s degree is expected to earn a higher salary than a degree holder. By looking at the salary trend, it is evident that the salary increases in the country are based on education and experience.
Who pays teachers the most?
Where teachers are paid the most – The three states that pay teachers the most all offer more than $70,000 a year on average. New York leads the nation in teacher pay with an average salary of $80,286, according to WalletHub. Not only are teachers paid relatively well in the Empire State, but educators enjoy one of the best work environments in the nation based on metrics like class sizes, access to teaching materials and quality of school systems.
What is the best teacher to become?
Some qualities of a good teacher include skills in communication, listening, collaboration, adaptability, empathy and patience. Other characteristics of effective teaching include an engaging classroom presence, value in real-world learning, exchange of best practices and a lifelong love of learning.
Which degree group is best for government jobs?
Political Science – Political science is the common-sense choice for a career in government. Political science students study public policy, the mechanics and origins of political systems, government bodies, political theory, and political ideology. Graduate and undergraduate programs are available.
Which field is best for becoming a teacher?
5 Types Of Teaching Courses – Eligibility, Duration & Job Prospects 5 Types of Teaching Courses : A teacher is regarded as a noble personality who always takes up the full responsibility of a child’s future. Teachers can be called mentors, leaders and moreover parents.
Teachers have always played the role of catalyst for social changes in our society. And in this article ‘5 Types of Teaching Courses,’ we will be briefing you with the necessary qualifications required, duration of the course and job prospects/profiles. ALSO CHECK: Before proceeding it is better to understand & feed in our minds that knowledge is not the only thing that a teacher should possess.
But, it do contributes the maximum share. src: magoosh.com
- With the rise of countless new public and private school across India, the need for skilled primary teachers is rapidly rising.
- DURATION : 1 Year / 2 Year
- ELIGIBILITY : 10+2 Passed or Equivalent Examination
- JOB PROSPECTS :
- Nursery Teacher
- Primary Teacher
- Art & Craft Teacher
- Kindergarten/Play School Teacher
ALSO CHECK: Students who wish to become a teacher in higher primary schools and high schools have to pursue B.Ed course, which is the most opted degree course among 5 types of teaching courses. DURATION : 2 Year ELIGIBILITY : Graduation Degree (any course) from a recognised University with min.50% marks.
- Assistant Dean
- Coaching Institutes
- School Teacher
M.Ed course introduces you to new levels of teaching processes for the students who have qualified B.Ed course to become a teacher.
- DURATION : 2 Year
- ELIGIBILITY : B.Ed Degree Course (50% aggregate)
- JOB PROSPECTS :
- Education Consultant
- Private Tutor
- R&D Agencies
- Schools/College Teacher
ALSO CHECK: D.Ed is a certificate-level course which helps a student to pursue teaching career who aspires to become a teacher at junior level. It can be a good option amongst 5 types of teaching courses. DURATION : 1 Year – 3 Year ELIGIBILITY : 10+2 Passed or Equivalent Examination with min.50% marks in aggregate.D.Ed placement test is held for selection of eligible candidates who wants to become a teacher.
- Article Writer
- Record Keeper
- Junior Teacher
- Associate Professor
- Home Tuitions
Institutes (D.El.Ed) prepares teachers with broad knowledge of the subject areas and the latter includes principles for child development, education practice, study of school pedagogy and the role of teacher in the grooming of students. DURATION : 2 Year ELIGIBILITY : 10+2 Passed or Equivalent Examination with min.50% marks in aggregate.
- Coaching Centres
- Primary School Teacher
- Career Counselor
: 5 Types Of Teaching Courses – Eligibility, Duration & Job Prospects
What is the best qualification for a teacher?
Summary Apart from parents, teachers are the primary source of knowledge and ethics for children, carrying the responsibility and moral duty of education The National and State Governments hold a variety of entrance exams for people interested in a career as a teacher Teachers are the backbone of any country, the pillar upon which all aspirations are converted into realities ~ APJ Abdul Kalam Doctors cure, engineers design, and bankers manage our money; each job holds a specific position in society.
The aspect of teaching, however, stands out. Teachers play an important and meaningful role in society. They are a foundational element of a healthy, forward-thinking society. Apart from parents, they are the primary source of knowledge and ethics for children, carrying the responsibility and moral duty of education.
One needs to have a charismatic personality, patience, in-depth subject matter knowledge and exceptional communication skills in order to become a teacher – be it in preschool or in college. Read on to know how to become a teacher in India Types of Teachers Based on the level that you want to teach at, you will need a different outlook and set of skills and it is best to determine that before you start on your journey to any career.
Pre-Primary School Teacher
A preprimary teacher is the second most important person in a student’s life, right after their parents. They supervise and teach students in the age group of 3 to 5. In addition to teaching the very basics of the alphabet, these are the teachers who lay the basic framework for social interaction and the personality that the child will develop at they grow up.
Primary School Teacher
Teachers in primary school work with students of classes 1 to 5, ranging from 6 to 12 years. It is the responsibility of primary school teachers to nurture life skills as well as basic age-appropriate educational concepts in the children. They build lasting impressions that will stay with the child for the rest of their lives.
Secondary School Teacher
Graduates who work as secondary school teachers teach students from grades 6 through 10. Secondary school teachers are in charge of gaining a thorough understanding of their students’ lives and helping them pursue, in addition to their studies, their hobbies and aspirations. They encourage students to identify their individual interests and talents.
Senior Secondary School Teacher
Post-graduates with in-depth knowledge of a variety of specialised disciplines become senior secondary school teachers. These teachers provide in-depth explanations of the subjects being taught in school and provide basic guidance to students in choosing careers.
Teachers who work with students who have special needs—such as those who may be on the autism spectrum, or who have learning disabilities—are known as special educators. These educators are specially trained to understand the best course of action to be taken in dealing with children with special needs.
Teachers in college are usually designated as Assistant Professors, Associate Professors, or Professors or Lecturers. Teaching in college is very different from teaching in a school. The students come to college to specialise, so the instructor must have in-depth knowledge.
College students are also a lot older and share a different dynamic with their teachers. Eligibility to become a Teacher Based on the level you want to teach, the route you take will be different. One of the most important steps to becoming a teacher in India is to obtain a recognised degree. In addition to their undergraduate and graduate degrees in their subject of choice, teachers in the country must also complete a B.Ed.
Students wanting to specialise and teach at higher levels can also obtain an M.Ed. Candidates must take different National and State Level Teaching Entrance Exams, including SET, TET, NET and others in order to be qualified to teach in a variety of schools and colleges.
Courses to become a Teacher To become a teacher, one must have the relevant academic qualifications which help them prepare for the profession. In India, a Bachelor of Education is a minimum qualification required to be appointed as a pre-primary or primary school teacher in any Government or Private School.
To move the level up to secondary and professor positions, one must complete one or more of the courses which are mentioned below:
Bachelor of Education
After completing any graduate degree or 10+,2 one can enrol in this programme. A minimum of 50% in both the 10+2 and undergraduate exams from an accredited board is required for enrollment in this course. In order to enrol in the course, candidates must pass the entrance exam.
BA B.Ed Integrated
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degrees are combined in the BA BEd Integrated programme (B.ED) with English as the major subject. The course lasts for four years. Candidates have the option to choose the integrated course based on their preferences.
B.Sc B.Ed Integrated
Like the B.A B.Ed, the B.Sc.B.Ed combines the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) and the Bachelor of Education degrees (B.ED)with Science as the major subject. This course also lasts for four years. Candidates have the option to choose the integrated course based on their preferences.
Diploma in Elementary Education
A diploma programme for elementary teachers is called the Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.ED.). Candidates are prepared to teach in schools as primary teachers through this training programme. The course lasts for 2 years. To be eligible for this course, one must have received an overall grade of 50% in their 10+2 examination from an accredited board.
Master of Education
Master of Education is a two-year professional degree which is designed to train teachers by developing their professional abilities and broadening their knowledge of different teaching methods. The course not only focuses on expanding knowledge about education but also gives educators the opportunity to choose from a variety of specialised teaching topics and enhance their research skills.
MA in Education focuses on how to impart knowledge to students. This is an advanced degree and can be considered a specialisation. For this course, one must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. For admission to MA Education, some institutions and colleges in India hold entrance exams.
Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) conducted by both the Central and State governments of India. It is the very minimum qualification needed to be appointed as a teacher for classes I to VIII in India. The B.T.C (D.El.Ed), B.Ed, and B.El.Ed are examples of professional teaching qualifications that can be used to take the exam. To pass, candidates must score more than 60%.
Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is an entrance examination held for schools under the control of the Indian Central Government and the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE). For teaching positions, UT-accredited schools only accept CTET-clear candidates. The computer-based examination (CBT) is administered twice a year to determine if candidates are qualified for appointment as teachers for Classes 1 through 8 in Central Government Schools like KVS, NVS, etc. Many private schools also ask for CTET Certificates as part of their eligibility requirements.
State Teacher Eligibility Test (STET) is conducted by the various State Governments of India for individuals interested in pursuing a career as a teacher in their states. Paper I and Paper II are the two tests that make up the STET. Candidates who want to teach classes 9 and 10 are required to take Paper I, while those who want to teach classes 11 and 12 are required to take Paper II. Before continuing, the interested candidates must remember that it is a requirement that candidates have a domicile in the specific State.
National Eligibility Test (NET) UGC-NET is conducted by CBSE now on behalf of UGC. Two times a year UGC NET is held to choose qualified applicants for the positions of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or merely Assistant Professor at Indian colleges and universities. The UGC NET exam consists of a total of 2 different papers (Paper I and II). To be considered for the positions of Assistant Professor or both JRF and Assistant Professor, candidates must submit applications for both papers.
A teacher is a leader, mentor, friend, parent and, above all, a role model to inspire students. Nobody can determine where a good teacher’s influence ends since the impression they leave last a lifetime. If you are someone who loves to teach and impart knowledge then you should definitely pursue a career in teaching.