Which Is More Beneficial Distance Education Or Regular Studies?
Difference between Regular Education and Distance Education: Regular programs are designed for the full-time study pattern where students need to attend regular (Every Day) lectures and colleges/universities for completing the educational journey. The basic difference between regular education and distance education has to complete their education without taking regular classes.
Distance education is a flexible study mode, and it creates for students who cannot go for regular study in universities. Distance education is very easy for those students who want to study on their own. It provides a better experience without following the regular mode studies. The scheduled lectures help students to complete their educational learning.
Various courses are available in distance courses such as BBA, B.com, MBA, M.Com, etc. Regular mode study has a code of conduct which every student is required to follow, the rules and regulations are to be followed, and all the procedures may it be attending educational lectures, submission of assignments, examinations goes step by step, and also students need to go through all the regulations prepared by the university.
Classes are held every day in ordinary education. Distance learning takes place on weekends and in the evenings. This is convenient for professional workers to keep up with their education. Exams: Regular education exams are taken offline in accordance with the college or university’s schedule. Distance education allows students to schedule their exam times and dates to suit their schedules.
Distance education courses are substantially more expensive than regular courses. Enrolling in remote education is an affordable option for students on a budget. As a regular student, you should also prepare to pay for your transportation to and from college or for your lodging if you are away from home.
Distance education allows students to complete their courses without leaving their homes, so they save on these expenses. Distance education is essential Education teaches us about the world and people. We can change the world by educating ourselves. Distance learning has increased flexibility and accessibility.
People used to choose their careers and stick with them, and many people today have to work two jobs. Changing times necessitates new skills, and people may need to learn new skills to survive constantly. Which is better between regular education and distance education? The main distinction is that distance education is online and self-paced.
- Whereas regular education offers students, regular classes.
- Distance Education mode allows students to choose their own study time and start learning at a convenient time; study materials are provided to students for better understanding.
- Most universities and colleges offer weekend classes via distance learning.
The class can be on Saturday and Sunday or just Sunday. The teachers’ physical appearance is a plus for students who choose the regular model, as mentors are assigned for each subject included in the student’s chosen program. Distance learning is more about self-learning and self-preparation, so students are provided with the best and most experienced faculty and study materials.
View complete answer
- 1 What is the disadvantages of distance education?
- 2 What is the greatest advantage of distance learning?
- 3 Why distance education is not valid?
What is the disadvantages of distance education?
The disadvantages of distance learning are: –
- Lack of physical social interaction that is found in a typical, traditional classroom. Students can only engage and share opinions through virtual means in chatrooms or broadcasts, but are not able to physically interact with each other
- It does not fit all types of learners, If you are someone who needs constant motivation and support from professors or instructors, then distance learning is not for you, since instructors are not always available to offer assistance in the same way that they would be in a traditional classroom
- Some courses required to complete a degree may not be available online, Sometimes universities make many required courses online to give students a feel of their teaching methodologies, quality, and value. After you complete those courses, to get the degree you might be required to attend some classes in person. These classes will most likely be less affordable, or you will not be able to travel to the university to take them.
- You need to be technologically savvy, If you are a person who is not as comfortable to working with technology, then distance learning will not suit you. Distance learning requires students to be able to operate with at least a minimum knowledge of different chat rooms, online examinations, and interaction, and many people do not feel comfortable if they do not even have physical material to study from.
What makes distant education better than traditional education?
Access To A Wide Range Of Courses – One of the greatest advantages of distance education is you get to choose from a wide range of courses. In the traditional system, you would normally study a specific course to get a degree. But distance learning has brought lots of relevant life and career-oriented courses that you can easily avail of based on your needs.
View complete answer
Which is better distance learning or online?
Definition – As per the University Grants Commission (Open and Distance Learning Programmes and Online Programmes) Regulations, 2020 – “Online Mode” means a mode of providing flexible learning opportunities by overcoming separation of teacher and learner using the internet, e-Learning Materials and full-fledged programme delivery through the internet using technology assisted mechanisms and resources.
“Open and Distance Learning Mode” means a mode of providing flexible learning opportunities by overcoming separation of teacher and learner using a variety of media, including print, electronic, online and occasional interactive face-to-face meetings with the learners or Learner Support Services to deliver teaching-learning experiences, including practical or work experiences.
You may like: The role of online degree programmes Distance learning Distance learning also known as a correspondence course is a type of education that does not require an individual to be physically present at the learning center (school, college, etc).
- In this mode, the students receive their course materials and other resources by email or post.
- This type of learning places a heavy emphasis on independent study, with little teacher interaction.
- Students are expected to use the course materials to complete the curriculum on their own.
- Teachers and students rarely interact at places called study centers.
But it is important to follow the deadlines for exams and project submissions. There are some distance learning courses that demand a student’s actual presence in the classroom at certain times, such when attending workshops. These programmes, which combine regular classroom instruction with distant learning, are also known as hybrid, blended, or correspondence courses.
- Online learning When it comes to education, online learning offers the student greater flexibility.
- The students are free to choose when and where they want to learn.This programme is designed for students who want to complete their education totally online without having to visit a traditional campus setting.
With the development of technology, students now have a wide range of alternatives, ranging from online master’s degree programmes to undergraduate degree programmes. Today, many reputable colleges offer some of the top online MBA programmes. Compared to distant learning, online learning is far more interactive.
In this form of learning, students get access to a vast e-learning content and online lectures (live and recorded). Many discussions take place between teachers and students through an online digital platform. Online education has become incredibly popular after the Covid-19 pandemic hit. This medium has been widely adopted because schools and universities have no other method to educate students.
Also read: List of accredited online degree programmes
View complete answer
Is distance degree equal to regular degree?
Online degree on par with regular degree September 09, 2022 10:41 pm | Updated September 10, 2022 01:48 pm IST – NEW DELHI READ LATER Picture for representation. | Photo Credit: Freepik
The degrees obtained through distance and online learning from recognised institutions would be treated on par with those offered through conventional mode, according to the University Grants Commission (UGC).”The degrees at the undergraduate and the postgraduate level in conformity with the UGC notification on the Specification of Degrees, 2014 and, the post graduate diplomas awarded through Open and Distance learning or Online mode by Higher Educational Institutions, shall be treated as equivalent to the corresponding degrees and post graduate diploma offered through conventional mode,” UGC Secretary Rajnish Jain said.The decision was taken as per the Regulation 22 of the UGC (Open and Distance learning Programmes and Online Programmes) Regulations.
: Online degree on par with regular degree
View complete answer
What is the best advantage of having distance education?
Distance Learning Teaches Time Management and Other Skills – Time management skills are essential for succeeding in online schooling. These skills are essential in every aspect of life, from maintaining work-life balance to completing projects before due dates.
- Students who had otherwise busy schedules now have much more time available to them due to the closing of school activities.
- Distance learning forces a student to understand the best ways they learn and implement those ways at the best times.
- Of course, distance learning means that students are spending more time on their computers.
This in turn means that there are more chances of them facing online dangers. Just as schools keep student safe on campus, they can also keep students safe when learning at home. Monitoring software like LearnSafe alerts schools to at-risk activity both on- and off-line, assuring student safety no matter where learning takes place.
View complete answer
What is the greatest advantage of distance learning?
Flexible Learning – Perhaps the most immediately obvious advantage of distance education is the level of flexibility it provides for students. In general, remote learning tends to require more independent study and because modern distance education is usually online-based, students have more control over both when and where they study.
- For teachers and academic institutions, modern education technology, or EdTech, offers possibilities to deliver lessons via synchronous or asynchronous methods.
- Examples of synchronous methods include video conferencing and digital whiteboarding, while asynchronous methods allow for the creation of a learning resource center.
The all-round flexibility on offer via distance education can make it ideal for people who have to juggle a lot of additional responsibilities, as well as those who like to study when the mood strikes, rather than when they are obligated to do so. Nevertheless, it is also possible for remote education to have structure and deadlines too.
View complete answer
What is the best part of distance learning?
Flexibility – The top benefit of distance education is its flexibility. Students can choose when, where, and how they learn by selecting the time, place, and medium for their education. For those who want direct, live access to teachers there are video conferencing options.
View complete answer
Does Google accept distance education?
i have done my graduation in distance education at AU with 49% and later i got a job at Non Mnc company at that time i have done my mba in distance with 64%.can i apply for mnc companies with these distance education Degree Multinational companies need full time graduation with 60% marks.
Most of the companies are making it necessary for the people who apply for the job to be a full time graduate. I’m sorry to say this but distance education graduation is not necessary to get a job in multinational companies. Many companies have rejected the application forms just because the candidates have a distant bachelors degree.
Indian IT Companies work on the model of providing services at very low cost. So they want cheap employees, who have everything good on paper, to get easy visa. In some companies like IBM, Google, Microsoft etc they value your skills. They want right person for a right job.
They will give you training and if you are good at your job you can work there. Degree taken through distance education is valid to get job in MNCs. But most of Indian multinational companies are not considering that. There are also many companies that value your work and skills along with your qualification.
Not weather you are a regular or a distance education graduate. Thank you. : i have done my graduation in distance education at AU with 49% and later i got a job at Non Mnc company at that time i have done my mba in distance with 64%.can i apply for mnc companies with these distance education Degree
View complete answer
Why distance education is not valid?
Why are some Distance Learning Courses Banned in India? – Before we take you through the list of distance learning courses in India, let’s first understand why was there a need to ban these courses from the distance learning mode? The courses that UGC has banned from distance learning come under the tag of ‘professional’ courses in India.
- These include courses in the streams such as engineering, medicine, pharmacy, architecture etc.
- As per the regulations issued by the UGC, the Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) of India cannot offer any of the ‘professional’ courses in the ODL or distance learning mode.
- The reason behind this is that the statutory body wants to ensure that students get only the best quality of education in these courses.
Also, these are courses in which practical education and hands-on exposure are necessary. Since ensuring proper quality and practical exposure for every student is nearly impossible in distance learning mode, UGC decided to prohibit HEIs from offering these courses.
View complete answer
Why do people choose distance education?
2. Course flexibility means learning whenever you have the time – Distance education has scored high on flexibility for students. Additionally, remote access to distance learning courses helps students worldwide to study from the comfort of their homes, or while on the move.
View complete answer
Do companies accept online degrees?
Will employers accept online degrees? With the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, students across the world are facing an uncertain situation. While it may take some time for the world to come out of this crisis, students cannot allow it to impede their growth.
This has led them to search for alternatives that can allow them to progress even when they are at home. With the brick-and-mortar classrooms being considered unsafe, more and more students are enrolling in online degree programmes. Online programmes are also suitable for all those who are already engaged in some work or who do not have suitable opportunities for higher education.
However, a pertinent question that students often ask is whether their online degree will be accepted by their employers. The answer is a resounding yes. The sheer popularity that programmes such as prove their value in today’s job market. The employers of today are aware that sheer documents and academic credentials are not enough.
- What actually proves as an asset for the company is the knowledge and experience of the employee.
- Online programmes wholly fulfil this need.
- How degrees play an important role in hiring decision? Your qualification is your key to unlocking the right job for you.
- Each degree that you add to your resume gives you an edge over your competitors.
It also increases your chance of cracking the job of your desire. If you are wondering why degrees still matter? The reason is simple. Your degree makes your skill visible. For instance, even if you have the best managerial skills, the top corporates won’t hire you, unless your knowledge is supplemented by a master’s degree in business management.
- Similarly, for any job and any position, a person with a higher education level will be preferred over the other person.
- It also establishes you as an expert in the said field.
- So even if you are planning to start your own venture or become a freelancer, the person at the other end is likely to ask for your degree.
An also increases your chance of getting promoted in your existing job. How universities’ accreditation proves the validity of your education? When a prospective employer goes through your credentials, they not just see what degrees you have but also the university from where you have acquired it.
- Universities play an important role in determining the quality of education.
- That is why the same BCA course from two different places may hold different levels of value.
- The top universities offering online programmes have taken several steps to ensure that students learning via their digital devices are at par with the students who opt for offline classes.
By employing the world-class digital infrastructure and latest smart learning tools, the students get a similar experience to what they would even if they were attending the offline classes. So efficient are these tools of learning that even the offline classes often depend on the digital medium to help the students gain wholesome knowledge.
- So even if you are opting for an online degree, its value will be based on the accreditation of the institution provided by the rating agency.
- In fact, for the top universities, online degrees prove to be more valuable than offline ones from mediocre universities.
- Which professions are best suited for online degrees? Although there is no hard and fast rule for programmes that can be conducted online, there are certain programmes that require practice in laboratories.
For such programmes, the college can opt for a mix of online and offline classes. However, for most other programmes such as MBA, BBA, BCA, BA and so on, the entire programme can be successfully completed online. So, it largely depends on the discipline that you take upon whether you can go for a fully online programme.
- Employers take online degrees seriously Now that you have understood all the details of an online degree and how it is attained, we hope you are confident that you will stand at the same level as your peers who opt for offline classes.
- The employers too are aware of this fact.
- That is why they give the same weightage to an online degree as the offline one.
All it matters to them is how much knowledge you possess and how well you can apply it to real-life situations. To get you ready for the challenges that you are likely to face in the real world, online degrees put a lot of emphasis on providing you with practical knowledge.
- Real-life situations are emulated in the classroom, and students are urged to join internships and the like.
- So, after you are done with the programme, you will find yourself totally ready to take on the challenges posed by the employers.
- What will make you stand out? An online degree from the right place can even help you stand out amidst the cut-throat competition of today.
Given that online degrees are so flexible, you can opt for more than one degree within the same period of time. You can also further your career as an established professional by opting for an online programme without taking a break from your job. offers an Online MBA programme entitled by UGC focusing to build future-ready employees by delivering all the key skills required to excel in their career.
View complete answer
Does TCS accept distance education?
Minimum aggregate (aggregate of all subjects in all semesters) marks of 60% or above in the first attempt in each of your Class Xth, Class XIIth, Diploma (if applicable), Graduation and Post-Graduation examination which includes successful completion of your final year/semester without any pending arrears/back logs during the entire course duration. Please note that all subjects mentioned on the mark sheets should be taken into consideration while calculating the aggregate marks. For example, best of 5/6 subjects for calculating the aggregate is not acceptable as per the TCSL Eligibility Criteria. All subjects mentioned on the marksheet (including languages, optional subjects etc) should be taken into consideration for calculating obtained/total marks/CGPA. In cases where a candidate has completed both, XIIth and Equivalent Diploma, the cut off percentage of 60% and above is applicable to both the courses. First attempt implies that you should clear the final year/semester examination (Xth, XIIh, Diploma, Graduation and Post-Graduation as applicable) with minimum aggregate (aggregate of all subjects in all semesters) marks of 60% and above within the normal duration of the course itself. For example, if you have secured 58.9 % (aggregate of all subjects) in your Standard XIIth examination in the first attempt and you have taken an improvement exam in the next attempt securing 62 %, you do not fulfil the TCSL eligibility criteria as marks/CGPA obtained during the normal duration of the course only will be considered. Completion of all courses Class Xth onwards within the stipulated time as specified by your University/Institute and as per the TCSL Selection Guidelines without any extended education. For example, if you have a backlog in the final semester of BE, it is considered as extended education as the stipulated time to complete BE is 4 years. Maximum upto 1 pending backlog/arrear in the highest qualification will be permitted only at the time of appearing for the TCS Selection process. If selected, no pending backlogs will be permitted at the time of joining TCS. All pending backlogs should be completed within the normal course duration. It is mandatory to declare the gaps/arrears/backlogs, if any, during your academic and/or work experience. Break in education should not be due to extended education. Any break in education/work experience should not exceed 24 months and is permissible only for valid reasons. Relevant document proof, as applicable, will be checked for gaps in education. Only Full time courses will be considered (Part Time/Correspondence courses will not be considered). Candidates with work experience of more than 3 years are not eligible to participate in the TCS Selection process. You should be minimum 18 years of age to be eligible to apply for the TCSL Selection process. Candidates who have applied to TCSL and have not been successful in clearing the TCSL selection process are not eligible to re-apply to TCSL within six months from the date on which they had attended such selection test and/or interview. You are not eligible to appear for the TCSL selection process within six months of the previous unsuccessful attempt.
What are the 5 disadvantages of online classes?
2. Risk of Social Isolation – One of the critical points of e-learning is that you can learn in the comfort of your home, but the lack of social interaction can lead to problems. For many people, school is their primary source of social interaction. In e-learning, educators and students spend most of their time online, which inevitably leads to social isolation.
View complete answer