How To Look Slim In School Uniform?
Download Article Download Article Wearing the same uniform every single day can get old really fast. But just because your school dictates what clothes you have to wear, that doesn’t mean you can’t play around with how you style them. Think about it—between your shirt, shoes, pants, hair, and accessories, there are tons of ways you can change up your school-day look and feel more confident.
- 1 Know your school’s dress code. Each school is unique and has its own uniform style and dress code, and knowing the dress code for your school can help you accessorize, customize, and alter your uniform to make yourself feel more comfortable in it. Dress codes will also tell you what you can and cannot wear, and may cover topics such as:
- How long skirts, shorts, or dresses have to be
- What kinds of jewelry, makeup, and accessories are acceptable (if any)
- What colors you’re allowed to wear
- What type of shoes you can wear
- 2 Check out your uniform options. Most school uniforms have multiple options, including dresses, skirts, pants, and shorts for the bottoms, which are often paired with a long- or short-sleeved dress shirt. But if you’re lucky, optional uniform items might also include a blazer, vest, or sweater that can each be worn in unique ways.
- These different clothing items can be worn in different combinations to accommodate the weather and your own personal style, and there are different ways you can alter the look of each to make it look a little cooler.
- 3 Choose clothes that are the right size. Wearing clothes that are too big or too tight isn’t very flattering, so it’s important that you pick clothes in sizes that suit your body. But if your uniform is the wrong size for whatever reason, you may be able to:
- Tuck in your shirt to make it less baggy
- Wear a belt around your waist to give your uniform more shape
- Tie the bottom of your shirt in a knot to make it fit better
- Alter your clothes to make them slightly larger or smaller
- 4 Throw something on over your shirt. Whether you have to wear a polo shirt, blouse, or button-down shirt, your school’s dress code policy may allow you to wear other clothing overtop, and this could give you an opportunity to add some style to your outfit. For instance, you could:
- Wear a fitted or oversized knit sweater over your shirt
- Put on a funky cardigan or vest
- Wear a fitted blazer or jacket
- 5 Layer clothes under your uniform. This works best when you can leave a few buttons undone at the top of your shirt, because you can wear either a neutral or vibrant shirt, tank top, or camisole under your shirt and let it show through around the neck area.
- 6 Roll up your hems and cuffs. Roll up the cuffs on a long-sleeved shirt so that it sits at elbow-level, and roll up the cuffs on a short-sleeved shirt to make it more of a cap-sleeve style. You can also roll up the hem on your shorts and pants.
- Don’t roll your shorts up too high if your school has restrictions about how long they have to be.
- 7 Swap out uniform pieces with similar clothes. For schools that are more lenient with their uniform policies, you may be able to get away with replacing drab and boring pieces of your uniform with very similar but slightly more flattering clothing items.
- For instance, if your uniform requires you to wear slacks or dress pants, you may be able to get away with regular pants in the same color that are a bit better fitting or have a different cut.
- 8 Put on a belt or sash. A funky accessory like this can be very helpful if you have to tuck your shirt into high-waisted bottoms. Even if you can’t get away with a crazy belt, try adding some interest with a plain belt outfitted with a unique belt buckle.
- If you’re wearing a skirt with a shirt tucked in, try tying a sash or ribbon around the waist of the skirt.
- You can also leave your dress shirt untucked over a skirt and pair it with a chunky belt at the waist.
- 9 Wear different scarves. For schools that don’t allow uniform alterations, personalization, and additional clothing items, you may at least be able to get away with a few accessories here and there.
- Scarves are great accessories for look and added warmth, and you might even be able to sneak some color into your outfit this way.
- 10 Find a unique schoolbag. Many school dress codes don’t mention what kind of bag you can carry, so you might have a little more room for creativity here. Unique ideas for schoolbags include:
- Over-the-shoulder and messenger bags
- Regular bags that are decorated with patches, pins, and badges
- 11 Add flair with jewelry. How much jewelry you can wear will depend on your school, but if you’re allowed to wear it, jewelry can be a great way to jazz up a uniform.
- Try wearing multiple bracelets on one wrist
- You can also layer multiple rings on a single finger
- Basic chains can add a touch of class, but a colorful necklace can completely change your look
- If you aren’t allowed to wear jewelry at all, try wrapping a headband or hair elastics around your wrist.
- 12 Try some funky shoes. Shoes can be a great way to add a personal touch to a uniform without breaking any dress code rules. But if your school does have a strict policy about shoes, try shiny black shoes with a slight heel or minor decorative feature. But if you have more freedom, why not try:
- High-top or low-top Converse with high socks
- Boots with fun shoelaces
- Flats or ballerina slippers
- Trendy dress shoes
- Bright or unique running shoes
- 13 Find some neat socks or tights. Even if you can’t get away with fun shoes, you may still be able to experiment with different socks, leggings, and tights. These can include patterned socks, knee socks, baggy socks, textured tights, fishnets, and other decorative leggings.
- 14 Experiment with different hair styles. There are many trendy hairstyles that will bring a whole new element to your uniform, and as long as you don’t try any crazy dye colors, you might be surprised at the hairstyles you can get away with.
- If you have long hair, try a side braid, bun, or twist at the top of your head.
- To add extra color or interest to your hair, you can also wear bright headbands, flowers, ribbons, and bows.
- For girls with medium-length wavy hair, you can either leave it loose and shaggy, bed-head messy, or combed back for a more professional look.
- 15 Wear subtle makeup if you want. Many schools have policies about cosmetics, but that doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in some natural makeup here and there. For instance, try wearing:
- Tinted lip gloss
- Pale blush
- Foundation to smooth your complexion
- Some bronzer or neutral eyeshadow in the crease of your eye
- A pale or metallic eyeshadow in the corners of your eyes
- Nail polish
- 1 Read the dress code. For a male uniform, your school’s dress code will determine whether you have to wear a tie, if you have to button every button or if you can get away with leaving a few open, what shoes you can and can’t wear, and whether you always have to wear a collared shirt.
- 2 Know your uniform choices. The basic school uniform usually consists of pants or shorts that are paired with a dress shirt, but you may also have the option of a blazer, a vest, or a sweater that can be worn over your shirt. These different apparel items can be paired differently to achieve different looks, and there are various style choices you can make with each to make your uniform a little more unique.
- Pick clothing in the right size, because the baggy look is mostly out, and clothes that are too tight will be uncomfortable.
- 3 Cover your dress shirt with something cooler. For a laid-back look, try a 90s-style Kurt Cobain cardigan. For a folky look, wear a vest, sweater vest, or fitted blazer. If you want to try for a dressed up casual look, pull a sweater over your shirt.
- 4 Pop your collar. To give your uniform a little more style, undo the top button on your shirt or polo and upturn the collar so it stands up. You can do this with your blazer or jacket as well, but choose one or the other: don’t pop the collar on your shirt and your blazer.
- 5 Tuck in your shirt. This allows you to control the length of your shirt, which can make your uniform look less oversized and more fitted. Tuck your shirt in completely, and then slowly pull it out to puff it out slightly. If you want your shirt a little longer, pull out a little more shirt and fold the excess down over your waist.
- 6 Wear your pants a little lower. Instead of wearing your pants higher up near your waist, let your belt out a little so you can wear your pants lower on your hip.
- 7 Roll up your cuffs. Along with rolling up the cuffs on your sleeves, you can actually roll up your blazer sleeves as well. This look works well with the popped collar.
- 8 Choose a few awesome accessories. Accessories like a vintage watch, a briefcase instead of a school bag, a funky or elegant tie, or a great hat can make any uniform a little cooler. For hat ideas, try an ivy cap, a fedora, or porkpie with your uniform.
- Try wearing a tie over your shirt but underneath a sweater, or paired with a cardigan.
- Try leaving your tie knot a little looser than normal.
- 9 Style your hair differently. There are tons of interesting hair styles that are popular right now that could give your uniform a new dynamic, especially when paired with a cool tie, watch, and hat. Next time you want to get your hair cut, consider a:
Add New Question
- Question How can I get a good looking face? Christina Santelli is the Owner and Founder of Style Me New, a wardrobe styling concierge based in Tampa, Florida. She has been working as a stylist for over six years, and her work has been featured in HSN, the Pacific Heights Wine and Food Festival, and the Nob Hill Gazette. Wardrobe Stylist Expert Answer
- Question How do I look my best? Christina Santelli is the Owner and Founder of Style Me New, a wardrobe styling concierge based in Tampa, Florida. She has been working as a stylist for over six years, and her work has been featured in HSN, the Pacific Heights Wine and Food Festival, and the Nob Hill Gazette. Wardrobe Stylist Expert Answer
- Question How can I beautiful when I wear a hijab with my uniform? You can still look great with a hijab! If you are at the right age, I would recommend using subtle makeup, like lip gloss or a bit of contour. I would also recommend making your eyebrows and lashes look great. Apply castor oil or Vaseline to your eyelashes every night and they will grow, and pluck your eyebrows regularly to make sure that they are neat. Also, apply cucumbers to your eyes for 15 minutes to reduce eye bags and dark circles. It will also give you a glow. But mostly, hold your head up high and be confident.
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
- Make sure you’re comfortable and confident in what you’re wearing.
- Dutch or French braids are good as they keep hair out of your face. It’s stylish and comfortable.
- You can unzip a zipper jacket with a collared shirt.
Show More Tips Advertisement Article Summary X To look good in a girl’s school uniform, wear cute leggings or tights under your skirt. Additionally, you can accessorize with a belt, scarf, or jewelry. When you can’t add your own flare, roll up the cuffs on a long-sleeved shirt to elbow-level or roll up the hem on your shorts and pants.
View complete answer
How to look like a tomboy in school uniform?
3 Ways to Add a Tomboy Touch to a School Uniform
- 1 Look for shirts that are sporty and comfortable. Avoid pink, purple, or pastel colors, and instead look for dark colors or patterned options such as plaid. Your school might require you to tuck in your shirt, wear a collared shirt, or stick with certain colors, so this may limit your options.
- Shop at stores that have unisex options, as these may be great for a tomboy look.
- The “tomboy” style is very relaxed.
- 2 Pair your shirt with dark colored pants or longer shorts. Pants are better for a tomboy style than a skirt or dress. You may have less options here, particularly if you’re required to wear khakis, slacks, or dress pants.
- If your school does require you to wear a skirt, try a black skirt or skort (a skirt with shorts built in). You can also wear solid colored or patterned leggings underneath a skirt.
- 3 Wear a loose-fitting, solid-colored hoodie or cardigan. This will go with many outfits and be very comfortable. You can wear it zipped, leave it open, or take it off throughout the day. Tie your jacket around your waist if you get too warm while inside.
- Create a punk look by rolling up the sleeves to your elbows.
- Leather jackets also add to a great tomboy outfit.
- Sweatshirts are another excellent staple in a tomboy wardrobe.
- Slip on a blazer if you’d like to create a fancier look.
- 1 Buy Converse or sneakers. Look for colors such black, gray, or red, or unique patterns. These are more tomboyish than flats or sandals (which are typically considered “girly”). Sneakers come in many options, so try a pattern such as checkerboard or flames.
- Try wearing high top Converse or other brands with a similar look, such as Vans. You can wear longer socks with these if you’d like.
- Slip into a pair of oxfords if you’d like to look a little dressier.
- 2 Add jewelry if desired. It is possible to wear jewelry while still maintaining a tomboy style, though you may want to keep it minimal. If you wear earrings, wear simple studs or hoops.
- A great way to pull any outfit together is with the help of watches and wristbands. You could get a wristband with your favorite singer’s or band’s name, or you could go for a watch with a medium sized strap in a color like blue, red and black.
- 3 Wear a tie or belt. You could wear a tie formally or go for a more casual look by leaving your collar button open and wearing your tie slightly looser. For belts, choose a medium or thick belt that matches your pants. You can also find both of these items in either dark colors or edgy patterns.
- 1 Keep makeup to a minimum. If you feel comfortable wearing makeup, feel free to express yourself, though check with your school dress code if you want to use dramatic eyeliner or something similar.
- Concealer can be useful for blemishes and is very subtle.
- 2 Stick with simple hairstyles. Tie your hair in a ponytail if you have long hair, or comb through with gel and create spikes if you have short hair.
- If you don’t want to style your hair at all, just brush it and leave it down. Wear a ponytail holder on your wrist in case you change your mind in the middle of the day.
- 3 Wear a hat, if permitted. Try a baseball cap in either a solid color or representing a sports team. This keeps your hair back and gives you an athletic look.
- If you don’t have a hat or can’t wear one to school, put your hair up in a ponytail and wear a thin, simple headband, which will have a similar impact on your look.
- Question I have to wear a skirt at school, but at home I’m a tomboy. Does this make me a tomboy? Of course. If you feel like a tomboy, then you are one. It’s not your choice to wear the skirt anyway, you’re just following the dress code.
- Question Can I wear headphones or some ripped clothing as well to be tomboyish? Of course, as long as your school dress code permits it. That’s a great way to add a tomboy touch.
- Question If I like to wear dark clothing and hoodies, does that make me a tomboy? Not necessarily. Lots of girls prefer dressing in more traditionally masculine colors/clothes. It kind of depends more on how you act, what you’re interested in, etc.
Ask a Question Advertisement
Advertisement This article was co-authored by, Natalie Tincher is the Owner and Principal Style Strategist of BU Style. With more than 10 years of experience, Natalie specializes in personal styling to reflect clients’ individuality, confidence, and comfort.
- In 2019, she was named the Global Head of Styling for Bloomberg Television.
- Natalie is certified in Image Consulting through the Fashion Institute of Technology.
- She regularly shares her expertise with corporate groups at major financial institutions, media companies, and news outlets including: Time Out New York, Refinery 29, and NBC News.
This article has been viewed 75,857 times.
- Co-authors: 14
- Updated: April 27, 2022
- Views: 75,857
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 75,857 times.
“This was great! I was being sent to a Catholic school for 8th grade, and they were going to make me wear a skirt! I really didn’t like wearing it, so when I found this article, I started to feel better about wearing it to school.”,”
: 3 Ways to Add a Tomboy Touch to a School Uniform
View complete answer
Who is a tomgirl?
TOMGIRL (noun) definition and synonyms
a (or man); a – who is a (or man) Although he was wearing a navy blue shirt and khaki pants, with each of his fingernails painted a different color he looked like a tomgirl. Submitted from:United States on 12/03/2016
: TOMGIRL (noun) definition and synonyms
View complete answer
How to look attractive in school uniform girl without makeup?
Download Article Download Article You might not want to wear makeup in middle school, or you might not be allowed to because of your parent’s or school’s rules. However, everybody is beautiful in their own way, and it is unnecessary to wear makeup to look the best you can.
- 1 Establish a skincare routine. Keeping your skin clean and healthy will make you glow naturally without any makeup. Use a facial cleanser to wash your face every day gently. Rinse it off with warm water and pat your face dry with a towel. If you have oily skin, use a cleanser specifically for oily skin. For dry skin, use a cleanser for normal to dry skin.
- Use an exfoliating cleanser once a week to wash away any dead skin.
- Moisturize your face every day with a lightweight, non-clogging moisturizer.
- If you have acne, use a skincare regime for acne and never pop your pimples.
- 2 Keep your lips moisturized. Even if you can’t or don’t want to wear lipstick, you can still accent your naturally beautiful lips by keeping them healthy. Exfoliate your lips using a lip scrub. Moisturize your lips daily with chapstick or lip balm to keep them soft. Advertisement
- 3 Take care of your teeth. Your smile is an important part of your appearance. It is also important to take care of your teeth for your health. Brush your teeth twice a day for about two minutes. Make sure to clean your tongue as well as your teeth. Also, use floss and mouthwash daily.
- 4 Keep your fingernails healthy. Make sure your nails are dry and clean. Wash them daily and scrub underneath them to remove any dirt. Trim them with clean nail clippers and round them with a nail file. Make sure to remove any hangnails.
- You can apply a protective layer of nail hardener to keep your nails strong.
- When applying hand lotion, rub the lotion into your fingernails and cuticles.
- Try to avoid biting your fingernails.
- If you want and are allowed to, you can apply a colored polish to your nails.
- 5 Shower daily to prevent body odor. Because you are starting to get older, you will likely sweat more than you did when you were younger. Ensure to shower or bathe every day to remove dirt and help you smell the best you can.
- Apply deodorant daily to help with body odor.
- You can apply a lotion after you shower to improve your smell.
- If you want to and are allowed to, you can shave your body hair in the shower.
- 6 Groom your eyelashes. Even if you can’t wear makeup, you can still make your eyelashes stand out. You can try natural remedies (such as castor oil and petroleum jelly) to help your eyelashes grow.
- You can apply clear mascara to your eyelashes to enhance their natural color and length.
- If you are allowed to, you can curl your eyelashes to help them appear longer and fuller.
- 7 Pluck your eyebrows. If you are allowed to, you can pluck your eyebrows to help accent their shape. Tweezing your eyebrows is easier than waxing. Make sure not to over pluck and to be very careful to stick to your natural shape.
- Ask for help! Don’t start plucking until you talk to a parent or older sibling about how to pluck your eyebrows and have them help you.
- Make sure you have your parents’ permission.
- Ask a parent to take you to a professional salon to get your eyebrows done if possible.
- Remember to pluck from the bottom, never from the top. The inside of your eyebrow should align with the inner corner of your eye.
- 1 Get a haircut. Getting a haircut can make your hair easier to style, give your hair shape, make you feel more confident wearing it down, and can make it healthier. Make sure to get your hair cut every few weeks to keep it looking the best it can look. You can get a trim, or you can get a completely new style.
- Ask a parent to get your hair cut. Don’t cut your hair yourself.
- 2 Keep your hair clean and brushed. How often you should wash your hair depends on your hair type and lifestyle. You should probably wash your hair daily if you often exercise, live in a humid and hot place, have an oily scalp, or have thin hair. You can wash your hair only a few times a week if you have thick, dry, or curly hair.
- Try dry shampoo for days you need to remove grease but don’t have time to shower.
- Brush your hair daily to avoid tangles and damage and to make your hair shiny.
- 3 Try hair products. If you have trouble keeping your hair in place, you can use hair products to help. You can try using mousse or gels to pump up curly and wavy hair. Hair spray is great for getting rid of flyaway hairs and frizz. If you have thin hair, you can try volumizing products to make your hair appear thicker.
- Make sure only to apply a small number of hair products.
- 4 Use styling tools. If you are allowed to, you can try using heat tools to style your hair. Use a blow dryer to dry your hair and smooth it out. You can use a curling iron or wand to add texture, waves, or curls to your hair. Flat irons can make unruly, wavy, or curly hair straight and smooth.
- Make sure to ask your parents’ permission before you use a styling tool.
- 5 Try different styles. Mixing up your hairstyle can make you look and feel amazing, with or without makeup. You can put your hair in different types of braids, ponytails, updos, or buns to mix up your hair from your routine.
- Try using different hair accessories like berets, clips, and headbands in your hairstyles.
- 1 Wear clothes that make you feel confident. Wear clothes that make you feel good. If you dress how you want to (but still follow your school’s rules and your parents’ rules), you will look and feel amazing. Go to your favorite stores and get clothes that you like and you are comfortable in.
- 2 Get fashion inspiration. If you are struggling to figure out what clothes you want to get, you can look for fashion inspiration. Movies, television shows, magazines, style blogs, and Pinterest are full of fashion inspiration.
- 3 Be confident in a school uniform. You might not have a say in what you get to wear to school because you have a uniform. Remind yourself that everybody has the same thing on! So if you don’t feel like you look your best in a uniform, remember that everyone probably feels the same way.
- If you are allowed to, add accessories like jewelry, fun socks, unique shoes, headbands, and hair ribbons to make your uniform stand out.
- 1 Have positive body language. Have good posture, If you stand and sit with your back straight, you will look and feel more confident. If you look confident, it will help you be confident and self-assured.
- Smiling can help you look more attractive and feel better about yourself.
- 2 Try not to judge yourself. When you look in the mirror, try to appreciate and admire your physical features. Don’t judge yourself and criticize yourself. Instead, find something about your appearance that you like and focus on that.
- 3 Ignore the media. It might be hard not to look at women on television and advertisements, but try to ignore them. Don’t compare yourself to who you see in the media. It is important to know these women are altered using Photoshop. Everybody is beautiful in their own way, so try not to compare yourself.
Add New Question
- Question How can I look naturally beautiful? Paul Julch is a Personal Wardrobe Stylist, Speaker, and the founder of Urbanite | Suburbanite, a wardrobe styling business in the San Francisco Bay Area. With over 25 years in the fashion industry, Paul works with clients to make getting dressed easier, less time consuming, and more enjoyable.
Paul has years of experience in retail visual merchandising – styling windows, displays, and floor sets for Banana Republic, Gap, and Express. He also has experience styling fashion photo shoots and corporate videos. Paul holds a BS Degree in Management from State University of New York at Binghamton, an MA in Clinical Psychology from Long Island University.
He also studied Interior Design at the University of California, Berkeley. Personal Wardrobe Stylist & Speaker Expert Answer Support wikiHow by unlocking this expert answer. A big part of that is focusing on what colors you put near your face. The colors that you put near your face can either brighten your skin and bring your eyes out more or detract from your skin, making you look really sallow. Depending on your skin tone, they can either bring out pink or yellow undertones, neither of which are super attractive. If you’re going to go for minimal or no makeup, colors that flatter your skin and really bring out your skin and your eyes the best.
- Question How do you curl your eyelashes without an eyelash curler?
- Question How can I smile nicely? You don’t have to fake a smile all day, but smiling can boost your mood and your appearence. Just be yourself and let a nice genuine smile come naturally. Think of things that make you laugh and that make you happy!
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
- Remember beauty is what is on the inside, not on the outside.
- Try to be confident about your appearance.
- Wear what makes you happy, and don’t care what popular people or boys think.
Show More Tips Advertisement
Make sure to ask your parents’ permission before trying anything new (such as plucking your eyebrows, shaving, getting a haircut, or using hair styling tools).
Advertisement Article Summary X To look amazing in middle school without makeup, take care of your face by using a daily facial cleanser and moisturizer. You can also pluck your eyebrows to accentuate their shape, if your parents allow it. Your hair is another important part of your look, so keep it clean and brushed, and consider experimenting with different styles, such as braids, ponytails, and buns.
View complete answer
How can I be attractive in high school?
Download Article Download Article In high school, girls and guys may feel the pressure to look hot and attractive. To be hot, you need to feel great about yourself and show your confidence! Boost your confidence by wearing flattering clothes, having great hygiene habits, and eating healthy foods. Love yourself and your body, and you can be known as the “hot” guy or girl at school!
- 1 Try on different sizes to get your size right. Clothing manufactures use a variety of sizing charts, so while you may be a size large in 1 size, you may be a small in another. When you go shopping, try on your size and the size smaller or larger to compare. Go with the garment that fits your frame nicely and isn’t too tight or too loose.
- For example, the shoulder seam of your shirt should line up with where your arm meets your shoulder.
- For girls fitting bras, you can measure your band, bust, and cup size.
- If you wear a uniform to school, making sure your clothes fit will be extra important. You want them to fit right so you will feel confident even though you didn’t pick the outfit.
- 2 Wear flattering clothing that makes you feel confident. Pick your clothes based on your body type, Look in the mirror and pick out a few of your best features. What do you love about yourself? By wearing flattering clothing, you can showcase the parts of your body you love rather than what you are self-conscious about.
- For example, if you have great legs, show them off by wearing shorts, skirts, and dresses. If you love your arm muscles, wear flattering, tight fitting T-shirts.
- Guys can try wearing slim-fit shirts, cotton polos, regular V-neck shirts, and straight-legged pants.
- Girls can wear form-fitting clothing to show off your curves, but make sure your layers aren’t too tight. Try wearing a belt at your waist and shirts with plunging necklines to highlight your figure. You want to look hot, not skimpy!
- 3 Get a haircut you love and try new styling methods. Research hot hairstyles online and show your inspiration to your hairdresser. They can tailor the look to fit the shape of your face. Try different hairstyles when getting ready for school, like slicking your hair back or part it away from your face. Variety helps you look hot! Have some fun and customize your look.
- Guys may not have as much diversity with their hair. You can try brushing it straight back, spiking it up, or a nice crew cut.
- Girls can try various hairstyles. Experiment with ponytails, buns, braids, curly styles, and straight looks. Tie your hair up on some days, and style your hair down on others. It is hot to have long hair, so try to grow it out.
- Your hairstylist can recommend looks, hair products, and different ways to style your hair.
- 4 Eat healthy foods and drink lots of water. Eat 3 meals a day made up of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, and high protein food. Healthy foods provide your body with vitamins and minerals it needs to maintain a healthy weight and figure.
- Aim for at least 4 servings of fruit and 5 servings of vegetables.
- Avoid sugar and processed foods. Cut down on drinking soda as well. Foods high in fat, cholesterol, salt, and sugar will not make you hot!
- Try to drink 8 to 10 glasses (2 L) of water each day to keep you hydrated and keep your skin looking great.
- 5 Incorporate more physical activity in your day-to-day life. Squeezing in small bits of activity throughout your day can help you keep fit, especially if you’re busy. Even if you have too much homework to go to the gym, you can:
- Take the stairs instead of the escalator
- Park far from school so you have to walk
- Take the long way
- Bike to school
- Take a five-minute walk during lunch
- 6 Work out when you can to stay in shape. Try to get regular exercise so you feel better and have more energy. If you can, do aerobic exercise to get your blood pumping every day for at least 30 minutes. Work out before or after school, depending on your schedule.
- Try things like swimming, basketball, and running.
- You can join a sports team, take a gym class, or recruit a friend to be your gym buddy.
- A healthy workout routine is to work out 3-5 days a week for about 1 hour a day.
- 7 Strive to get at least 8 hours of sleep. Sleeping well is vital to looking your best. Sleep between 8-10 hours a night to stay healthy. Get proper rest so look alert and refreshed rather than tired and drained. Dark circles under your eyes are not hot!
- If you are having trouble getting at least 8 hours of sleep, try going to bed early or listening to music to help you fall asleep.
- If you can’t get a full 8 hours, sleep as much as you can and try to squeeze in naps.
- 1 Stand up straight and walk with confidence. Carry yourself with your shoulders pulled back and your spine straight. If you have good posture, you will naturally walk in a way that suggests, “I feel good!” You will look also look taller, leaner, and more self-assured.
- Sit up straight when you are seated at your desk as well.
- 2 Flash your smile around your school! Smile at others as you pass them around school, like in the hallway or cafeteria. Your brain receives a mood boost when you smile, and your happiness will rub off on others.
- Use mouthwash and floss often to keep your smile white and radiant!
- 3 Wear a bright color to boost your mood. A pop of color can make your outfit look fantastic and also boost your confidence. Pick out a bright colored shirt when you get ready in the morning, or grab a scarf in your favorite color.
- Go with cool colors if you have a warm skin tone. To tell if you have a warm skintone, compare your skin to a white background. A warm skin tone is yellow or orange-ish in comparison.
- Try lighter colors if you have a cool complexion. If your skin has a pinkish hint, you have a cool complexion.
- 4 Surround yourself with positive people who bring out your best. Evaluate the friends that you do have. Are you closest friends mean and hurtful to each other? Or do they offer compliments and try to build each other up? Make friends with positive, friendly, attractive people. Negative people can bring down your confidence and make you feel ugly.
- To make friends, you can join a club or sport, attend after school activities, and compliment other people.
- You will feel confident if you know your friends support you and want the best for you!
- If you act positive and confident, perhaps the friends of yours that are negative will follow your example and try to be positive too.
- 5 Give yourself pep talks in front of the mirror for reassurance. Put on an awesome outfit, and look at yourself in the mirror. Tell yourself, “I look great!” Repeat this a few times if it helps you feel confident. Tell yourself you look good until you believe it! Looking great outside starts with feeling great inside.
- Switch up your outfit or hairstyle if you are having doubts.
- 6 Fake it if you have to! It’s okay if you have doubts at first. Act with confidence, even if you don’t believe it 100%. Try walking through school with your head held high and be friendly to everyone you meet. As more and more students start to notice you, your confidence will grow and you’ll feel hot.
- The more you practice feeling great about yourself, the easier it will be to carry yourself confidently.
- Don’t feel like you have to fit into a mold. Being yourself is the best way to look hot.
- 7 Get support from your friends, parents, or counselor if you have doubts. If you can’t find self-confidence or have low self-esteem, reach out to your community for support. Your parents can help you feel better, and your school counselor can help you practice boosting your confidence.
- You can say something like, “Mom, I’m trying to look good at school but I just feel ugly,” or “Mrs. Jones, how can I feel better about myself? I have been full of doubts.”
- 1 Groom your eyebrows to flatter your face. Follow the natural shape of your eyebrow and pluck the extra hairs below it with a tweezer. Trim your eyebrow hairs with small cosmetic scissors.
- Keep your eyebrows well groomed to frame your face and make you look hot.
- 2 Apply makeup if you’d like. Natural beauty can be smokin’ hot, though makeup can help accentuate your features. Go without makeup to feature your face, or just apply a little bit, like a dusting of foundation and a little mascara.
- 3 Apply foundation to cover blemishes. Foundation evens out your skin tone and covers imperfections. First, apply a medium coverage liquid foundation over your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. Then, dust your face with a powder foundation to smooth everything over.
- Always remember to blend your makeup thoroughly!
- Take your makeup one step further by applying contour or blush to your cheekbones with a large, fluffy brush.
- 4 Apply eyeshadow with a brush, Eyeshadow draws attention to your eyes and makes them stand out. Cover the tip of your brush in your eyeshadow, and apply it to your eyelid lightly. Pick eyeshadow colors like pinks, purples, reds, and browns. You can go with a smokey eye to look extra hot!
- To create a smokey eye, apply dark shadow to the outer corner of your eye and a white or light colored shadow to the inner corner of your eye. This creates an attractive highlight and contrast effect.
- 5 Draw eyeliner on your top eyelid. Use either liquid or pencil eyeliner, and apply it to your top lid. Try winged eyeliner by extending your line past your lid ever so slightly in an upwards curve.
- Winged eyeliner gives your makeup an extra touch, creating a “cat eye” look.
- 6 Apply mascara to your lashes so they look long and luxurious. Place your wand at the base of your washes and pull the wand towards the tip. You can also try moving the wand back and forth as you work your way to the end. This adds length and volume to your eyelashes.
- You can pick from black or brown mascara in voluminous, waterproof, and length-enhancing varieties.
- 7 Throw on a little lip gloss or lipstick to finish your look. Choose a flattering lip color, like pink or red. Apply the color to your top and bottom lips.
- Lip gloss will make your lips look luscious and juicy, while lipstick will make your lips look bold and beautiful. Choose your favorite, or try both!
- 1 Shower often to keep clean and fresh. You should shower every day or every other day. Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner, and scrub your skin with a body wash. Wash your hair on a regular schedule based on your hair type.
- For oily or fine hair, you should wash your hair daily.
- For dry, thick, or curly hair, wash your hair when your scalp feels dry or itchy. This may be every other day or 3-4 times a week.
- 2 Brush your teeth 2 times a day. Be sure to brush and floss your teeth in the morning before school and at night before bed. Use toothbrushes with many bristles to reach all areas of your teeth and gums.
- Keep your mouth clean and fresh so your smile looks great at all times.
- You can also use whitening toothpaste to help whiten your teeth.
- 3 Apply lotion when you get out of the shower. Lotion keeps your skin hydrated and healthy. Choose lotion based on your skin type and fragrance preference.
- Girls can use sweet, yummy scented lotions to make you smell amazing.
- Guys can use masculine, natural smelling or unscented lotions.
- Use deep moisturizing lotion for dry skin.
- 4 Maintain a regular skin care routine to minimize acne. At a minimum, wash your face with a face wash, cleanser, or scrub either daily or every other day, and then apply moisturizer to your face after you scrub it. You can also try using an exfoliating scrub 2 times a week.
- Your routine will vary depending on your type of skin. For oily skin, try applying toner daily. For persistent acne, apply a small amount of benzoyl peroxide acne treatment cream directly to blemishes after you apply moisturizer.
- Both guys and girls should wash their face often.
- If you wear makeup, wash it off before you go to bed.
- 5 Cut your nails regularly. Be sure to trim your nails when they are too long. You can do your nails yourself or get a manicure. Spending a little more time on your appearance can make you feel more confident.
- If you are a girl, file your nails and paint them a pretty color, like red, pink, or purple.
- You can treat yourself to a spa day and let your feet soak before you trim your nails.
Add New Question
- Question What if you have a nerdy style? Karley Snyder Community Answer Nerds are hot, too! Be confident in your style and yourself. To boost your confidence, you can find cute by nerdy outfits, like graphic T-shirts and tight-fitting jeans, or maybe get fresh haircut.
- Question How can I look hot in a school uniform? Karley Snyder Community Answer First, know that looking hot comes from being confident! Boost your confidence by making sure your uniform fits you well, standing up straight, and smiling often. You can also check your uniform guidelines to see what is allowed and what is against the rules. For guys, you can try a different hairstyle. Girls can accessorize with jewelry or makeup.
- Question How can I look hot as an “emo” girl? Karley Snyder Community Answer You can try boosting your confidence with unique accessories, wearing bright colors, and changing up your makeup. Smile when you pass people in the hallways! Smiling is contagious and will make you feel beautiful. If you have an “emo” hairstyle, try styling it with bows, headbands, or clips to show off your facial features rather than your hair. Boost your confidence and you will feel and look hot!
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
- Always be nice to your friends and acquaintances. Kindness is hot!
- You should enjoy making yourself look hot. Have fun with it! Go on a shopping spree and treat yourself.
Thanks for submitting a tip for review! Advertisement
Be nice to yourself and don’t try to be a perfectionist! Obsessing over your appearance will only make you stressed and upset. Know you are attractive inside and out.
Advertisement Article Summary X Being hot in high school is all about being confident and having a good style. Wear clothes that fit you well, which will make you feel more comfortable and confident. There are a lot of different ways you can style your hair, so choose a style that reflects your personality.
If you’re not sure what suits you, search online for inspiration or ask a hairdresser for their advice. You should also take care of your body by eating healthy and doing regular exercise. You don’t have to hit the gym every week. Sports, martial arts, and dance classes are all great ways to stay in shape.
Being hot is also about attitude. Try to be friendly and act confidently with everyone you meet. Stand up straight and hold your head high. For more tips, including how to use makeup to look hot in high school, read on! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 131,790 times.
View complete answer
How do I look good at school for my crush?
Download Article Download Article When you have a crush on someone, it’s natural that you’d want to look great whenever they’re around! Luckily, there are plenty of things you can do to look your best, from taking good care of your body to wearing clothes that flatter your figure.
- 1 Keep a regular sleeping schedule so you get plenty of rest, Sticking to a regular sleep schedule can help you get a better night’s sleep, so try to go to bed at the same time every night, and wake up at the same time each morning. When you’re well-rested, you’re going to look refreshed, youthful, and energetic, so you’ll look great even if you run into your crush first thing in the morning!
- If you can, try to stick to the same schedule every night, even on the weekends. However, if you stay up late one night, try to make yourself wake up at your normal time so you don’t disrupt your schedule more than you have.
- 2 Maintain your personal hygiene every day. If you want your crush to find you attractive, it’s important to make sure you keep your body clean and cared for. Each day, take a shower or a bath, brush your teeth and floss, and wear deodorant.
- You should also wash your face and apply a lightweight facial moisturizer twice a day. Choose face products that are formulated for your skin type, like a gentle cream cleanser for dry skin or a foaming cleanser for oily skin.
- To make sure your hands look nice, keep your nails clean and trimmed.
- 3 Try wearing the color red to catch your crush’s eye. If you know you’re going to be around your crush, try grabbing an eye-catching color from your closet. For instance, you could go bold with a bright red top, or you could wear a neutral shirt with red accents for a more toned-down look. Red is the color of passion and love, so it’s a great way to send a signal to your crush!
- You can still impress your crush when you wear other colors besides red, especially if you see your crush every day. Try to pick colors that look good with your skin tone. For instance, if you have a warm skin tone, you might complement that by wearing colors like orange, yellow, and beige. If you have a cooler skin tone, you might look best in blues and greens.
- Remember, no matter what your personal style, you’ll look your best if your clothes are clean and wrinkle-free. Also, opt for clothing that skims across your figure for the most flattering fit. If your clothes are too tight, you might seem uncomfortable, and if they’re too baggy, you may come across as sloppy.
- 4 Take the time to style your hair before you see your crush. While the way you do your hair will depend on your haircut and your personal style, you’ll look your best if you take at least a little time in the mirror each morning. If you need to, use a product like mousse or hairspray to help your hair hold the style you choose.
- For instance, if you have short hair, you might use gel to create a spiky hairstyle if your style is edgy, or you might comb it behind your ears and hairspray it for a put-together look.
- If you have long hair, you might tie it in a neat braid or ponytail to keep it out of your face, you could straighten it so it lies flat, or you might use a curling wand to create beachy waves,
Having a Bad Hair Day? Try using a scarf, headband, or hat to cover your hair!
- 5 Use accessories to show your personal style. When you’re getting dressed, try to pick at least one accessory to jazz up your outfit. Sometimes the smallest touches can elevate your look from basic to amazing! For instance, even if you’re wearing a basic jeans-and-tee combo, you could change the whole feel of the outfit just by adding a pair of bold earrings, a choker, a cocktail ring, or a thick belt.
- Try to pick accessories that you feel reflect your personality. For instance, if you’re independent and rebellious, you might look for rockstar-inspired pieces, like a leather or canvas cuff bracelet, a flashy belt, or a studded choker.
- If you’re reserved and polished, you might prefer tasteful, classic jewelry, like pearl earrings, a pendant on a chain, or a nice watch.
- 6 Opt for natural-looking makeup if you wear any. It’s fine to use a little makeup to hide any blemishes or accentuate your favorite features. However, keep in mind that you want your crush to like you for you, so if you do wear makeup, it’s a good idea to keep it light and natural.
- For instance, for a simple everyday look, you might dot a little concealer on any blemishes and under your eyes, then fill in your brows with a brow pencil. Use your fingers to swipe a little highlighter across your cheekbones, then define your lashes by brushing on a light coat of mascara.
- 7 Practice taking selfies for a fun way to boost your self-image. When you have some free time at home, take a series of selfies of yourself. Practice making different faces and shoot the pictures from different angles until you find the most flattering shots. Seeing cute pictures of yourself is a great way to improve your confidence, so you’ll seem more self-assured when your crush is around.
- For a bold approach, try sending your favorite selfie to your crush. If you’re not quite ready for that, post it somewhere you know they’ll see it!
- If you choose to share your selfies on social media, just pick 1-2 of your favorites. If you share too many pictures of yourself, you might seem self-centered.
Tip: A selfie session is the perfect time to experiment with different outfits, hairstyles, and makeup techniques!
- 1 Smile and make eye contact when you see the person you like. Even if you’re talking to someone else, whenever you see your crush, try to glance their way to see if you can make quick eye contact. If you do meet eyes, give your crush a brief smile, then go back to what you’re doing. This will show that you’re confident and self-assured, and it will also show your crush that you noticed them.
- If you notice your crush is looking at you, make eye contact and hold their gaze for a few seconds, then smile and look away.
- Smiling can actually make you feel happier, so it might be worth it to force a smile even if you aren’t having the best day.
- Having a good sense of humor can make you seem cuter, too. When it’s appropriate, tell jokes or funny stories to get other people laughing, and don’t be shy about laughing at other people’s jokes!
- 2 Give your crush your full attention whenever they’re talking. Show your crush that you care about what they say by being a good listener, Whether you’re around your friends, your crush, or someone you hardly know, try to give others your undivided attention when they’re talking.
- For instance, if your crush says, “My aunt is having surgery on Thursday and I’m really worried about her,” you might text them early on Thursday to say something like, “Hey, I’m thinking about you and your family today.”
- Being a thoughtful person toward others—not necessarily just your crush—will make you seem more likable to your crush.
Tip: For an extra flirtatious approach, try leaning in close to your crush while they’re talking.
- 3 Compliment your crush to make them smile. Whenever you get the opportunity, try to point out when you notice something nice about the person you like, whether it’s their outfit or a great personality trait. If your crush sees that you’re generous with compliments, they may see you as a positive, kind person.
- For instance, you might say, “Jenny, I can’t believe how hard you worked on that presentation yesterday! You did so amazing!”
- You might also say something like, “Hey Chris, I love that haircut!”
- 4 Share your likes and dislikes with your crush to show your personality, Sometimes when you like someone, it can be tempting to try to relate to the things they like to try to impress them. However, you’ll seem more confident—and therefore more attractive—if you have your own unique interests.
- If you hate avocados and your crush loves them, don’t pretend to like them. Instead, show your independence by telling the truth. For instance, you could say, “I just can’t stand plain avocados, but I do love guacamole!”
- If you do have some of the same interests as your crush, try to focus on those, rather than things you might have different opinions on.
- It’s okay to hold a little bit about yourself back, too, so don’t feel like you have to tell your crush everything about you. Acting a little mysterious might even make your crush more interested!
- 5 Hang out with your crush’s friends to get to know your crush better. If you want to put yourself right in your crush’s line of sight, try making friends with people who are friends with your crush. Strike up a conversation with them in class, for instance, or sit by them while you eat lunch.
- Only do this if you actually like the other people. Otherwise, there’s a chance it could backfire, since they might annoy you or talk bad about you to your crush.
- Try not to give the impression that you might be interested in dating any of your crush’s friends! For instance, you might avoid being too physically affectionate with them, especially in front of your crush.
- 1 Take a deep breath if you start to feel nervous around your crush. Even if you seem cool and confident on the outside, sometimes you might notice that you get butterflies when your crush is around. Whenever you start to feel a little anxious, inhale slowly so the breath goes deep into your belly as you count to 4, then count to 4 again as you exhale.
- When you breathe deeply, it sends a signal to your body that everything is okay, so it will be easier to relax.
- 2 Strike a power pose around your crush to seem more confident. To have good posture when you’re sitting, try to sit up with your back straight, shoulders back, and head up. When you’re standing, place your feet about shoulder-width apart, push your shoulders back and your chest out, and hold your head high.
- If you look confident, you’ll feel more confident, and adjusting your posture is a great way to do that.
- Everybody can recognize a confident person by the way they carry themselves. In most circumstances, it doesn’t matter what you’re wearing, as long as you feel proud wearing it.
- Keeping your body language open is another good way to show your crush you’re interested. Avoid crossing your arms or legs, for instance, which can make you look unapproachable.
- 3 Use positive affirmations to help build yourself up. Spend time thinking about what makes you special. As you come up with things that you like about yourself, write them down, then repeat those things out loud to yourself. This will help boost your self-esteem, and that confidence will be visible to other people—including your crush.
- You might choose to say positive affirmations in the mirror each day as you get ready, or you might use them when you’re feeling especially vulnerable or anxious, like when your crush is around.
- For instance, you could tell yourself, “I’m smart and funny, and it’s going to be a good day!”
Add New Question
- Question So I’ve liked this boy at school for almost a year, and I’ve never said a word to him. He lowkey knows I do but how should I approach him? Connell Barrett is a Relationship Expert and the Founder and Executive Coach of Dating Transformation in New York City. Connell has over five years of experience as an international coach who helps men connect with women by unlocking their best, true, most confident selves. Dating Coach Expert Answer Be honest about how you feel! This way, your friend can confirm if they feel the same way.
- Question How do i get my crush to like me back. Heres my situation: well i kinda told him i liked him and asked him out and he said we should get to know eachother more before going out but i think he likes me Amy Gremillion Community Answer Spend time around him! Be yourself, so that way he can get a chance to get to know the real you. Then, he can decide whether he feels like you’re a good fit for each other. If he doesn’t, that’s okay—just keep being you and don’t put too much pressure on yourself to find someone to date.
- Question What do u do when your crush smiles at you back Amy Gremillion Community Answer Try walking up and saying hi! If you’re feeling shy, you could also wave at them as an extra acknowledgment.
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
Remember, even if your crush doesn’t like you back, it’s not a reflection on your worth as a person! It just means the two of you aren’t a good fit for each other.
Advertisement Article Summary X When you have a crush on someone, look and feel your best in front of them to really catch their eye. Keep a regular sleep schedule so you get plenty of rest, which will help you look and feel refreshed and energetic. You’ll also want to maintain your personal hygiene by showering or bathing daily, brushing and flossing your teeth regularly, and wearing deodorant.
View complete answer
What makes a girl look cute?
Download Article Download Article If you want to look cute, you can use clothes, makeup and hairstyles to create the essence of cuteness. Cute represents a natural, friendly, and comfortable style. It suggests that you’re approachable, kind and sweet. If you want to know how you too can look cute, here are some fun suggestions for you to try out.
- 1 Wear cute clothes, Wearing cute clothes is the key to being cute. You don’t have to change everything in your wardrobe to be cute – instead, just work on acquiring a few cute items that tie all of your clothes together in a cute way. Here are some ways to wear cute clothes:
- Wear skirts and dresses instead of pants or shorts when you can. Cardigans, knit sweaters and vests, boot-cut jeans, and t-shirts with cute patterns like hearts or polka-dots, are cute forms of clothing.
- Wear clothes that flatter your body shape, you feel comfortable in, and aren’t too big or tight.
- Wear light and positive colors. Wear pastels like purple, pink, or a shade of blue. Anything soft and pretty will make you look cute. Avoid dark colors like black, brown, or dark blue.
- Try wearing something with a floral pattern. Floral patterns are the essence of cute.
- 2 Wear cute shoes. Your shoes should complement your cute clothes, to complete the cute look from head to toe. Wear shoes that are stylish and trendy. Couple with brightly-colored or patterned socks or tights. Follow these shoe tips to make your feet look cute:
- Wear clogs, moccasins, or close-toed shoes with a round toe.
- Wear flat sandals and pair them with cute pastel-colored nail polish.
- Wear furry boots.
- Wear pastel or white-colored sneakers with pastel shoelaces.
- Wear a classy wedge heel or kitten heels; they’re both cute.
- 3 Wear cute accessories. Cute accessories can help tie your cute outfit together. You don’t have to be weighted down by accessories – just pick a few accessories that really make your outfit stand out. Here are a few accessories that will make you look incredibly cute:
- Wear a cute chunky pink ring.
- Wear subtle gold or silver necklaces.
- Wear dainty gold or silver necklaces or chains.
- Wear bangles.
- Use a small purse that hangs over your shoulder or that has a floral pattern.
- 1 Wear lotion to make sure your face stays hydrated.
- 2 Wear cute makeup, Wash your face and have good hygiene. To look cute, don’t go too heavy on the makeup – the right makeup will go a long way. Here’s what you should wear:
- Wear just a tiny bit of blush.
- Wear soft pink lipstick or lip gloss.
- Wear light eyeshadow in pastel shades like light blue, purple, or even light pink.
- Just a light layer of mascara and eyeliner will do for the eyes.
- Aim to look natural. You can wear a bit of makeup, but you’ll only be cute if you look like yourself.
- 3 Have cute hair. Have your hair frame your face. Your hair should look soft and natural, and be free of any heavy styling products. Here are some things to try:
- Let your hair dry naturally and fall to your shoulders.
- Fix your hair in a cute, comfortable style. Some nice styles are, ponytails, braids, buns or even just down with a clip or a headband. Or, wear your hair in two loose pigtails that fall in front of your shoulders. Or, put your hair in a low messy bun, with a few strands hanging over your eyes.
- Consider getting bangs if you don’t have them. Bangs are cute.
- Put colorful clips, baubles, or pastel-colored headbands in your hair.
- Curl your hair in little ringlets.
- 4 Smell cute. Wash your hair and body regularly, at least daily. Use nice-smelling shampoo and conditioner and body wash. Use scents like strawberry, vanilla, coconut, lemon, mint and lavender. They help relax the mind and you’ll smell delicious!
- 1 Use body language to your advantage. Your body language will tie your whole look together, and someone will be able to tell that you’re cute just from the way you smile or the way you’re sitting. Here are some ways to express cuteness through your body language:
- Play with a strand of your hair.
- Fiddle with your bracelet or necklace.
- If you’re sitting, keep your feet together and your hands in your lap.
- If you’re standing up, shift your weight from foot to foot.
- Break eye contact from time to time. Though you should keep eye contact to maintain a conversation and show you care, you should look at the floor or at your hands once in a while to show that you’re humble.
- Cover your mouth when you laugh. This is cute. Cover it when you sneeze; this is polite and prevents spreading germs.
- If you’re a touchy-feely person, give the person you’re talking to the occasional light touch on the shoulder or knee.
- 2 Speak in a cute way. This adds to the whole cute aura. Here’s how to speak so as to appear cute:
- Talk softly. This will make everything you say sound more important because people will have to lean in to hear you.
- Laugh often. Laughing and giggling while you talk is cute. Don’t overdo it.
- Listen patiently and speak when it’s your turn. Butting in before a person has finished speaking is not cute.
- 3 Act demurely. Being humble or demure is a major part of being cute. You can be humble while being sweet, friendly, and bubbly at the same time. You can still be fun and social while being demure, as long as you’re not loud or overbearing. Here’s how to act demurely:
- When you engage in conversation, act very innocent. Don’t tell dirty jokes, engage in racy conversations, curse, or be vulgar.
- Learn to blush from time to time. If you’re genuinely embarrassed by a topic, it will be very cute if you blush.
- Don’t dominate. You can still be a part of a conversation without fighting to be the center of attention. Being pushy, rude, or bossy to be the star of every show is not cute.
- 4 Avoid forcing your cuteness. None of this should be forced. Let it come naturally. If you look happy and sincerely provide compliments to other people, they will think of you as nice and may classify you as “cute”.
Add New Question
- Question What if acting and looking cute changes your personality? Being cute in yourself is a natural extension of looking cute! If you feel confident and happy, then there is nothing to worry about, as long as you are yourself.
- Question Can I be cute even though I am short and chubby? Of course! There is no size or height requirement in order to be cute.
- Question Do you need to be small in order to be kawaii (cute)? No. You can be cute no matter what size you are!
- You’re never too old to be cute.
- If you wear earrings and you want your clothes to be the focus, wear some sort of earrings that don’t stand out but match your outfit.
- Wear cocked lenses in any color except for black. These will make your eyes look bigger, which makes you look cute. Or, get glasses in any color and push out the lenses for a super cute look.
Show More Tips Advertisement
- Don’t be fake. High squeaky voices might be cute on kids, but when you’re 17 and attempting it, it’s just annoying.
- Don’t go overboard with too many colors. Just pick two or three and stick with those. Mainly because you want the colors to complement each other!
- Don’t have too many accessories; have just enough to make the outfit look complete.
- Don’t be irritating, and remember that the most important thing is to stay true to yourself.
- Avoid using vulgar language. However, an expletive when you’re in pain or upset by something dastardly someone has done to you reveals that you’re as human as everyone else.
Advertisement Article Summary X If you’re trying to look cute, wear cute clothes, like skirts or dresses instead of pants or shorts. Also, choose clothes in pastel colors or with floral patterns, which are super cute. Add a chunky ring or some bangles to complete your cute outfit.
When it’s time to do your makeup, go for a natural look. Keep your eye shadow and mascara light and use pink lipstick or lip gloss. You can also style your hair to look cute. Wear your hair in pigtails or a ponytail, put colorful clips in your hair, and go easy on the styling products to keep your look soft and cute.
To learn how to talk and act cute, keep reading! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 875,369 times.
View complete answer