How To Know If A Girl Likes You In School?
How To Tell If A Girl Likes You As More Than A Friend
- She’ll be adjusting herself and her clothes.
- She’ll make an effort to get to know you.
- She’ll want to spend time with you.
- She’ll care about making a good impression on the people in your life.
- She’ll open up and show her true self to you.
View complete answer
- 0.1 How do girls hide their crush?
- 0.2 How to ask a girl if she likes you?
- 1 How do girls flirt?
How do girls act when they like you?
25. The Devil Is In The Details – While it is easy to jump into the dating phase, paying attention to the details about a girl’s obvious and subconscious behavior towards you is necessary. If you feel you are mistaken or hallucinating about her fondness, think of the little details because that’s where the gold hides.
If the girl likes you, she will be more considerate towards your choices, likes, and dislikes. If she smiles a lot, it means your humor and little quips please her and make her happy. Another subtle sign is she remembers the little details you may have shared with her. It is a way to show that she cares about you.
Being loved by a girl is always a special feeling. However, some girls may not be open about their feelings. In such a case, it is difficult to tell if a girl likes you. However, if your dream girl shows at least some of the signs listed above, congratulations! It is quite possible that she is interested in you.
View complete answer
How do girls hide their crush?
25 Signs She Is Hiding Her Feelings For You –
She smiles, and it is not out of courtesy. Her smile genuinely displays that she is happy to see you. In a room full of people, if you spot her looking at you and smiling, then this could be a sign that she has feelings for you, Image: Shutterstock
She mentions you several times. For instance, when she is talking about ten things, and six things are about you, then there is a high chance that she likes you, It could be your obsession with keeping things in order or your silly fixation on video games; she seems to like it all just because you do them, and she does not hesitate to tell the others about it.
Did you know? When you are on her mind, she will often mention your name in her conversations with her friends. So, if her friends tell you that she talks about you all the time, know that she likes you.
She keeps in touch with you throughout the day; it could be a ‘ good morning,’ or a ‘how is your day going on’ message, she tries to keep the conversation going on by texting often. If your girl is doing all this and nothing else, it could mean she is taking time to get to know you better while hiding her true feelings for you.
She shows through body language. Your girl might be hiding her feelings verbally, but the body language is something she cannot conceal. If she likes you, she will be her own self around you. She might sit closer to you, try to touch you, or play with her hair while talking to you. All these could be clues that she is interested in you.
She flirts subtly by holding your hand while walking or sending you a flirty text ; such subtle flirting could signify that she is hiding her true feelings for you, Sometimes, she would also lead you into an intimate and private conversation, but stop it midway when it is getting too intense. This is probably because she is afraid of getting too close. Image: Shutterstock
She told your friends about you. Your precious woman may have many male friends, but she would only talk about someone special to her girl squad. If her besties know everything about you, then it could be a strong sign that you are special.
When she is with you, she will let her guard down, It could be her habit of eating junk food or her funny laugh, she would not try to hide them from you. When a girl is hiding her feelings for you, she will not say it through words but will show it by being herself with you. If you know things about her which no one knows, then she has certainly reserved a special place for you in her heart.
Quick tip She opens up to you comfortably because she trusts you and she wants you to know more about her. She doesn’t want to hide anything from you so you can see her true self and like her the way she is.
She will look into your eyes while talking to you or having dinner. Constant eye contact could be a sign of attraction, If you catch your girl stealing glances at you, then that is a strong sign that she has fallen for you. She might act all cold if you catch her in the act, but her eyes would not be able to hide her true feelings.
A girl who is interested in you, but is trying to hide her feelings would like to know all the details about your life; she would like to enquire about your family, friends, and hobbies. She would also try to show enthusiasm in things that excite you.
She would try to impress you. A girl who has a crush on you would try to impress you with her qualities. She would subtly mention about her accomplishments and also try to excel at things you like. She would also be mindful of her appearance. All these could be her way of hinting her feelings for you.
She becomes possessive when you talk to other female friends. Though she has not confessed her feelings for you, she would get angry whenever she finds you talking to other girls, She may also take a step forward and show other girls that you are off-limits for them. Such jealousy could be a sign that she has feelings for you.
She remembers everything about you, from the way you like your morning coffee, to your parents’ wedding anniversary, and other important information about your life. She will even remember the silliest details of your life. A girl who is secretly in love with you would remember all the random things about you, like your favorite food, color, music band, etc.
If a girl has feelings for you, she will value your opinion above everything. She would frequently ask you if she was right doing something because what you think of her matters. A girl who likes you will always want to know what you think, especially before she makes a major decision. It shows she trusts you. Also, she wants you to have a good opinion about her.
Whenever you are in trouble or need some emotional support, she is always there for you, Though she has not yet told you her feelings, she will always make time for you and see to it that she is present for all the major and minor things in your life.
She laughs at your jokes, even when they are silly because she doesn’t want you to feel embarrassed or she wants to show that she likes everything you do. Laughter could be a sure sign that she has fallen for you.
Quick tip Don’t assume that she is in love with you just because she laughs at your silliest jokes. Some women are polite, while some laugh easily. Only if other signs mentioned accompany, you can be sure about her feelings for you. Image: Shutterstock
She would be your no.1 cheerleader. Whether it is small or big moments, she would encourage you during all your ups and downs in life. She would celebrate your achievements and show how proud she is of you. Though she may not say “I love you,” she might be liking you secretly if she is the one who always wants the best for you.
She takes extra care to look presentable whenever she is going out with you. If you find her wearing an outfit you said you liked, then it is a sign that she wants to impress you. She might act all cold and distant, but she will always make sure she dresses up the way you like when she goes out with you. For girls, it’s the little things. She wants you to be proud of her whenever she is with you. It also feels nice when you keep complimenting her.
It could be a beach picnic or just Netflix and chill, a girl who has feelings for you would look forward to spending some alone time with you, Though this alone time will have physical boundaries, if she is initiating to spend time alone with you, it could mean that she trusts you and wants to know more about you.
Though no feelings have been exchanged between you two, people around you would get the hints and ask if you two are a couple. Also, she might have subtly mentioned it to some of her friends. But why didn’t she tell you directly? Maybe she is scared or waiting for the right moment. Girls and women tend to avoid making the finest move out of fear of rejection. they cannot stand rejection and would rather not say anything.
A woman’s heart is mysterious. No matter how much your girl might like you, she would not confess her feelings until she is sure of you. If you find the woman of your dreams constantly asking questions about your dating life, then she might be determining whether you are a player or a loyal person.
If you have already introduced her to your gang of friends and she is trying to impress your friends, then it could be a sign that she likes you and wants your friends to like her, too.
She tries to take care of you. If your girl looks after you by doing little things, like cooking supper or reminding you to take medicines when you are sick, then she could be interested but is hiding her feelings from you. Image: Shutterstock
You may often find her asking silly and unrelated questions; for example, she might say, “I am tired of my job, I would like to quit. What do you think?” In reality, she may have no intention to do so, but she wants to gauge your reactions, You may find such questions out of context, but this could be her way to know more about you.
It is said that human beings adopt mannerisms of people they like, so if you find your girl imitating your behavioral patterns, then it could be a sign that she likes you.
Last but not least, you might often find her worried about your well-being. She might behave like she has no feelings for you, but she would get all tense if your phone is not reachable, or if you come back late from work, or skip meals. This is because deep inside, she likes you so much that she cannot bear the thought of anything happening to you.
These are some of the signs that may hint you that she is hiding her feelings from you. However, while observing these signs, you need to be careful as most of them might also be true if she is thinking of you as her best friend.1. Why does one decide to hide their feelings? Sometimes people do not express how they feel for someone due to fear of rejection, lack of self-confidence, the person they adore seems out of their league, or because they have been hurt in their past and don’t want to feel hurt again.2.
How can I open up about my feelings? You may try to open up about your feelings by taking small steps such as making conversations, practicing what you want to say while being confident, picking a pleasant setting to talk, and reminding yourself that it’s alright to be vulnerable while still being kind and honest with yourself.
Some girls may be shy to express their emotions, but they could be showing their adoration for you with subtle signs. Suppose a girl is interested in knowing your little details, takes your opinions on everything, smiles often, makes eye contact, cares for you, and is too possessive, these could mean she is hiding her feelings for you, but she has a liking for you.
View complete answer
How long do school crushes last?
Crushes don’t have a set time limit – A crush might be over in a week, or it still might be holding strong a decade later.
The #1 thing that determines whether a crush ends or not is whether the person with the crush acts on it, The #2 determinant of whether the crush ends is whether the person with the crush meets someone else,
If you never act on a crush, and you don’t meet anyone else, that crush can just go on and on. What a lot of people do with crushes is construct these elaborate fantasies in their heads. There’s no need to feel bad about it; most of us do it. You imagine the chats with this person, the dates, opening up about yourself, the connection, the intimacy.
It feels so good—in your head. But the more elaborate this fantasy gets, the harder it can be to take action in the real world. Real world isn’t fantasy, and if it doesn’t go well, your fantasy will pop. So it starts to feel like higher and higher stakes. This paralyzes people. I’m a dating expert with some pretty substantial dating experience.
But once upon a time, I was a lonely guy who crushed on the same girl for eight years, I could not get her out of my head. You’ll be surprised at how many other people there are in that same boat. If you take action on a crush, and something happens, that can end the crush.
- You might realize your crush isn’t into you at all, and that ends it.
- Or you get to know the crush a little better and discover this person is nothing like your fantasy.
- That, too, might end it.
- Related: 30+ Signs She Doesn’t Like You More Than a Friend You might also actually get together with your crush.
Then it’s not a crush anymore—now it’s a relationship, Something else can happen too: you meet somebody else, And in fact, this is one of the saddest things to happen to “mutual crushes” where neither party takes action. Sometimes you will have two people with crushes on each other, and both suspect it, but no one does anything about it.
- Sooner or later, one of them is going to meet someone else and detach from that crush.
- The other person ends up left behind, still pining for someone who’s moved on.
- If you don’t want to be the one left pining, here’s my suggestion: Stiffen your spine and go ask your crush out,
- If the answer is no, okay, at least now you’ve got an answer.
Now, go meet someone else.
View complete answer
How to ask a girl if she likes you?
Liking someone new can be an exciting, but nerve-wrecking feeling. Getting a girl to admit that she likes you can be a bit tricky, especially if you’re not ready to tell her that you like her. Treating a girl well, flirting with her, and being honest about your feelings are all great ways to give her the confidence to tell you that she likes you.
- 1 Tell her how you feel, If the subtle hints you’re giving a girl don’t cause her to admit that she likes you, try having a blunt conversation with her. Girls appreciate honesty, and don’t like to feel like they are getting played, so you making the first move will make her feel more comfortable. Telling her that you have feelings for her may cause her to tell you that she likes you as well.
- 2 Ask her if she likes you, If you’re not getting a clear answer from her, you should simply ask her if she likes you. Don’t catch her by surprise or make her feel uncomfortable. Express to her that you have feelings for her and ask her if she feels the same way. Let her know that her actions have led you to believe that she likes you, and you want to know for sure.
- You can try: “When we talk and spend time together, I feel like we have a great connection. I’ve been wanting to ask you if you have feelings for me, because I have feelings for you.”
- You could also try saying something like, “I’ve liked you for a while now, and I was hoping you had feelings for me too. Do you?”
- 3 Ask her on a date, The ultimate way to get a girl to admit that she likes you is to ask her on a date. If she agrees, she’s basically telling you that she’s interested in you as well. This may take some courage, but if you really like this girl and want to find out if she likes you, it will be worth it.
- 4 Do not pressure a girl into saying something she doesn’t mean. Just because you like a girl doesn’t mean she has to like you back. If you have expressed that you like her and she has told you that she doesn’t feel the same way, you need to respect her choice. If a girl tells you that she doesn’t like you, do not be upset with her or yell at her.
- If a girl tells you she doesn’t like you back but you still want to be friends, you should say something like “I understand. I still think that you’re an amazing person, and I’d still like to be friends.”
- If a girl tells you she doesn’t like you back and you’re not sure if you can handle being friends, you should keep your response sweet and simple. Say something like “I understand. Thanks for being honest with me.”
- 1 Spend time together alone. If you like a girl, and you’re pretty sure she likes you, it’s important to spend some alone time together. Hanging out with a group of friends together can be fun, but it won’t allow you two to make a personal connection. Break off from your group of friends from time to time to have meaningful conversations and get to know each other one-on-one.
- 2 Ask her questions about her life. Talk to her about her goals and her dreams, about her family, and about her interests. Showing her that you genuinely care about her will make it easier for her to open up to you about her feelings for you.
- You’ll also learn more about her, which can make future conversations more intimate and easier to initiate.
- 3 Do fun things together. If you do something fun together, she will remember it. Ask her what types of things she likes to do for fun, and do those things. Once she realizes that she has enjoyed hanging out with you on multiple occasions, she may be more comfortable admitting that she likes you.
- Creating enjoyable memories together is a great way to continuously remind someone how much they enjoy spending time with you.
- 4 Pay attention to her body language, If you’re unsure whether or not a girl likes you, her body language is usually a dead giveaway. Pay attention to how a girl acts when she is around you. She might be too shy to actually tell you that she likes you, but her body language will be pretty obvious.
- If she gives you her full attention when you speak, this can sometimes be a sign. When you’re talking with a group of people, it’s easy for people to get distracted and not give you their full interest. However, if she makes a point to pay attention to everything you say, this could be a sign that she likes you.
- Does she play with her hair around you? Girls often flirt with their body language by twirling their hair when they’re around someone they like. If a girl is consistently playing with her hair in a flirty way, this could be a sign she likes you. Don’t confuse this with a girl whose hair is in her way, or a girl who is putting her hair in a ponytail.
- Does she always stay close to you or find reasons to touch you? A girl will go out of her way to be physically near you if she likes you. She’ll grab your arm if you make her laugh, she’ll always sit next to you, etc.
- Does she flirt with you? This is the most obvious sign, but a girl probably likes you if she’s always flirting with you.
- 5 Find out if she has told her friends about you. When a girl likes you, she almost always tells her friends about you. In fact, they probably know as much about you as she does. If she doesn’t come right out and tell you that she’s told her friends about you, you can find out if she’s told her friends about you in a few different ways.
- Tell her a story about you telling your friends about her. For example, say “I was telling my roommate that you’ve never seen The Lion King, and he couldn’t believe it!” If you share a story like this, she may be more willing to share one of her own.
- Ask her if she’s talked to her friends about a conversation that the two of you had. If the two of you were talking about a book or a movie and had a funny disagreement, ask her if she asked her friends their opinion. If she has talked to her friends, she more than likely has told them about you.
- 1 Flirt with her. If you’re too shy to just tell a girl that you like her, being flirtatious is a great way to show her. Give her compliments, joke around with her, be playful, and throw in casual comments or jokes about you two in a romantic way.
- For example, if she makes a comment about a bad date in her past, say something like “Our dates would be SO much better than that” with a smile.
- If you notice she’s wearing new perfume, make a comment like “I see you’re wearing a new perfume for me.” Always say these comments in a light-hearted, relaxed manner.
- 2 Take note of the things she tells you. Pay attention when the girl you like talks to you, and apply what they’ve told you to your future actions. Listen to the things she says she likes and doesn’t like, and remember those things. When you show a girl that you like her, she will be more likely to be honest about her feelings for you.
- For example, if she mentions she loves cupcakes, bring her a cupcake next time you see her.
- If she mentions that she’s struggling with a subject in school, offer to help her out.
- 3 Do kind gestures for her. Girls notice when you do kind things for them, so do kind things for the girl that you like. Don’t overdo it, or the girl might begin to feel smothered. Give her compliments and gifts every once in awhile (maybe 2-3 times per week) instead of every day.
- Kind gestures can include giving her compliments, buying her flowers, offering to rub her back or feet of she complains they are hurting, getting her presents, bringing her lunch, etc.
- 4 Ask her questions about dating. Direct your conversations toward romantic topics, like which qualities she thinks are most important in significant other. Ask her about her biggest turn-offs, too. When you engage in this type of conversation with someone who likes you, she may mention good qualities that you possess. Pay attention to see if she’s dropping clues about you.
- If you initiate this type of conversation, a girl might even go so far as to tell you that she likes you.
Add New Question
- Question How do you get a girl to admit that she likes you over text? Courtney Quinlan is a Matchmaker and Dating Coach and the Owner of Midwest Matchmaking. With over 15 years of experience, she specializes in finding individuals a compatible partner, providing guidance throughout the dating process, and crafting events for singles in the Midwest. Courtney holds a BS in Broadcast Journalism from The University of Nebraska at Omaha. Matchmaker & Dating Coach Expert Answer Say something direct and honest, like “Hey, I’m interested in you. Do you have feelings for me or not?” It’s better to just cut to the chase instead of beating around the bush and playing guessing games.
- Question How can you start a conversation with a girl who seems to be interested in you? Ask her about her interests, find out if the two of you have mutual friends or other things in common, or initiate the conversation by giving her a compliment. Be nice and respectful when you talk to her.
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
- Be yourself. Don’t get pressured into being something you are not just to impress her. If she likes you, she will come around when she feels ready.
- If a girl tells you that she doesn’t like you romantically, then you should give her some space. It is her choice whether or not she likes you, so don’t be forceful with her.
- Girls can be difficult so if she says no the first time give it about 2 – 3 months but keep spending time with her and don’t get to embarrassed once you ask her for the second time because if your not confident and are shaking there may be a lesser chance of a romantic relationship.
Advertisement Article Summary X If you want to get a girl to admit that she likes you, make sure you spend enough alone time together, doing fun things that you’ll both enjoy. As you get to know her better, find out if she’s told any of her friends about you, since that could be a sign that she likes you.
- You may also want to drop hints that you like her, which you can do by flirting, giving her compliments, telling jokes, and making playful romantic comments toward her.
- For example, if she mentions going on a bad date in the past, you could say something like, “Our dates would be so much better than that.” Then, when you’re ready to take things to the next level, tell her how you feel and ask her if she likes you, too.
For more advice, like how to ask a girl on a date, scroll down! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 958,031 times.
View complete answer
How do girls flirt?
Download Article Download Article Have you ever wondered if a girl was flirting with you or if she was just being friendly? Are you reading too much into that smile or does she really like you? Though some girls make an effort to hide the fact that they’re crushing on you, there are some telltale signs that may reveal her true feelings.
- This wikiHow will teach you common flirting signs for girls between the ages of 10 and 18.
- Just remember that not all girls are the same, and that these tips are just some of the ways she might flirt with you.
- Consider these signs as clues to whether or not she likes you, and not necessarily a definite yes or no answer.
You might find out if she likes you back.
- She’s definitely flirting if she looks at you frequently, teases you, touches you when she’s excited or happy, or texts you random, funny things.
- She might be flirting if she laughs at your stories, calls you nicknames, makes up excuses to talk to you, or adjusts her body language toward you.
- She’s not flirting if she puts space between you, treats you like she treats others, tells you about crushes, or doesn’t laugh at your jokes.
- 1 Notice how frequently she looks at you. Do you catch her looking at you across the room? When you are in a group, does she seem to be glancing at you to see your reactions? If she quickly glances away when you catch her looking, then looks back, she’s likely interested in you.
- Smiling, holding eye contact, or raising her eyebrows are all very flirtatious things she could do in the moment.
- 2 Think about how often she teases you. It’s not flirting if she’s outright mean, but if she’s being a little sassy, and smiling and laughing as she gently makes fun of something you said or did, she’s likely flirting with you.
- Tease her back if you want to flirt, but just make sure you stay above the belt-don’t say anything really hurtful.
- 3 Pay attention to how often she touches you. Does she touch your arm while making a point or when she gets excited? Does she take your hand into hers? Does she rub your back while smiling at you?
- Does she come up behind you and tickle you where she knows you’re sensitive? This is a playful way to get you laughing, touching, and flirting.
- 4 Consider whether she texts you random, funny messages, or if she only messages you about practical things. If she texts you about something funny that happened in class, a silly picture, or a random question (like, “If you were a super hero, what would be your super power?”), it means you’re on her mind. If you go on a date, pay attention to her texts afterward. Texting is huge, and you can easily flirt through text messages. After your date, keep the conversation going and pay attention to what she’s sending you. Use your texts to make her excited to see you again and start sending you flirting texts back.
- 5 Figure out if she is the one to start conversation. If a girl initiates the conversation, this is a major sign that she is into you. Girls usually wait for the guy to come over to her, so this is a really good sign for you.
- 6 Think about when and how often she is trying to reach you. Does she constantly try to get a hold of you online? Does she send you “good morning” or “goodnight” texts? These are clear signs that she’s thinking about you.
- 7 Pay attention to her use of emojis. Are her texts accompanied by a lot of smiley faces, blushing faces, or winks? If she sends you the emoji with hearts for eyes, you can be pretty confident she’s into you.
- Try not to go crazy with the emojis yourself. Use them thoughtfully, and don’t abbreviate too many of your words or you’ll seem childish.
- 1 Notice if she laughs when you tell a story. If she’s constantly laughing and smiling at you (even if your story isn’t that funny), it’s because she likes you-either as a friend or something more.
- When a girl is into you, there is often something called a “halo effect” that makes you appear almost perfect in her eyes. She’ll be the first to laugh at your jokes, no matter how silly or dumb they are.
- This may be her subtle way of complimenting you-she wants you to know she thinks you’re funny and that you’re a blast to be around.
- 2 Pay attention to nicknames. This is a way to remind you of a joke or a moment you share (maybe she calls you “grape soda” because you once spilled an entire bottle in your lap), and to strengthen your connection. It might also be another way to gently tease you.
- If everyone calls you “Bear” and she does too, it probably doesn’t mean anything. But if she makes up a nickname that only she uses, she’s flirting.
- 3 Don’t worry if she ends the conversation first or doesn’t immediately respond when texting. This could be a flirting tactic to keep you wanting more. She doesn’t want to sound desperate by always responding to you right away. Texting that she’s got somewhere else to be might be her way of showing you that other people desire her attention, too.
- 4 Watch for her online updates about game playing. Games can be a nice segue into getting closer to you. Some of the following can suggest a flirty interest in you:
- Is she boasting about beating your score in an online game? She’s probably teasing you and trying to entice you into a flirty competition.
- Is she telling you that she lost an online game? She might want you to feel sorry for her and respond (in a joking way) “Are you okay?”.
- Is she inviting you to join a shared game online? This could be her way of finding a neutral territory to spend more time together.
- 5 Recall if she makes up odd excuses just to talk to you. This might give you a chuckle if you recognize it, but it’s something to be flattered by. If she is feeling bold, she’ll enter into your space by starting a random conversation. Here are some ones girls (and guys) use all the time:
- “Hey, I forgot my notebook, do you remember what homework was?” She might have actually forgot her books, but she chose to ask you about homework.
- “Can you help me out with this problem? I have no idea what’s going on here.” This is especially significant if she is a good student. Why would a good student need homework help?
- “Can you hold my backpack/sit with my stuff for me? It’s really heavy/a lot to carry!” Girls plan ahead on almost everything. Why would she bring too much stuff to school if she couldn’t carry it?
- 6 Pay attention to fidgeting. When she’s around you, does she start fixing her clothes, twisting her rings, touching her mouth, or twirling her hair? If she does these things while maintaining eye contact, or making eye contact and then glancing down, it indicates she’s nervous-in a good way.
- When flirting, a girl might touch or lick her lips or fidget with her necklace or the collar of her shirt as a slightly suggestive way to excite you.
- 7 Look at the position of her feet. When she’s sitting near you or if you are standing and talking, glance at her feet. If her feet are pointed directly at you, it means you have her attention and she’s interested. Don’t worry too much if her feet are pointing in another direction.
- If she begins to lean in while you’re talking, she’s signaling that she’s interested. This is an especially good sign if you’re in a group-she’s singling you out.
- Tilting her head to one side is another sign that she’s engaged with you and is interested.
- While her feet pointing at you might mean she’s getting ready to flirt with you, feet pointed away doesn’t necessarily mean that she doesn’t like you. This is not an either/or scenario.
- 8 Pay attention to her speech. If her voice starts to get higher or lower when you are around, it’s a sign that she likes you. People involuntarily change the tone of their voices when they’re near someone they’re attracted to.
- 1 Notice if she always seems to be looking for an out. Does she lean back away from you when you talk? Or is she constantly looking to the left or right? She might be looking for an escape route.
- 2 See if she always tries to put a barrier between you. Sit down or stand near her when she has a bag or a purse and watch what she does with it. If she’s clutching her bag tightly, using it to cover herself, or puts it between you when you’re sitting near each other, it’s a sign that she’s not interested in flirting with you.
- 3 Watch her reaction when you tell a story or joke. If she doesn’t respond and rarely laughs at your jokes, it’s not a great sign. She might just be having a bad day, but if she’s constantly rolling her eyes when you speak, seems indifferent to the conversation, or is outright mean, then this is not the girl for you.
- What kind of tone does she use when talking to you? Does she always sound rushed or annoyed?
- 4 Think about whether she treats you just like everyone else. Is she just a friendly person? Usually you can tell a girl is flirting with you because she treats you differently from others. So a really friendly girl might become shy around someone she likes. Another girl might pay more attention to her crush. But if she treats you just the same as all her other friends, there’s little chance she’s actually being flirtatious.
- 5 Take a step back if she starts telling you about her crushes. If she just tells you a story about a random guy, or about someone hitting on her, that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. She could even be trying to make you jealous. But if she’s asking you for advice about how to get with her crush, or talks about hooking up with someone else, she’s not thinking of you as a romantic prospect.
Add New Question
- Question What are some of the different ways people can flirt? You can flirt with your body language, like smiling at someone from across the room; flirt with words, like in a conversation or over text message; flirt using touch, like touching someone’s arm to make a point.
- Question If a girl doesn’t seem to be flirting with me, does that mean I have no chance? People flirt in many different ways, and the girl may be too shy to flirt with you in an obvious way. Try to initiate some gentle flirting with her—smiling at her, asking her questions about herself—and see how she responds.
- Question How can I tell if she’s not interested? Signs she may not be interested include pointedly avoiding eye contact, leaning away from you, or tightly crossing her arms and legs. If she tells you she’s not into you, take her at her word.
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement Article Summary X If a girl is flirting with you, you’ll probably catch her looking at you a lot and trying to make eye contact.
She may also tease you in a friendly, lighthearted way, or pay you a lot of compliments. Pay attention to her body language as well. If she keeps her posture open, leans close to you a lot, or fiddles with her clothes or hair when you’re chatting, there’s a good chance she’s into you. She might also look for excuses to touch you, such as putting her hand on your arm or shoulder when you say something funny or if she’s trying to make a point.
A girl who’s flirting may also frequently start conversations with you, look for reasons to hang out, or send you random texts just to say “hi” or share something funny or interesting. For tips on how to tell if a girl isn’t flirting with you, keep reading! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 2,483,852 times.
View complete answer
How to know if a girl loves you secretly in school without talking?
Download Article Download Article Sometimes it’s hard to know if a girl you’ve never talked to before likes you. You might have an idea that she’s interested, but if you want to be certain, watch for some tell-tale signs. Then, when the moment is right, strike a conversation to get to know her better!
- 1 Pay attention when she’s around. If you two haven’t met yet, and this girl likes you, then she may stare at you and smile to get your attention. Make sure you smile back, and watch her reaction. Shy girls may blush and outgoing girls may smile back. You’re basically engaging in a little flirting.
- 2 Note if she likes to giggle with her friends. If she notices you’re around and she likes you, she may want to appear more interested in her friends, so she’ll start laughing. She may also feel nervous when you’re around, and many people giggle or laugh when they’re nervous. Advertisement
- 3 Watch her body language. Does her face turn red when around you? She might stare at you for a long time, and smile when you look. Maybe when you look at her, she looks quickly away. These signs may mean she likes you. She may also look nervous because she has butterflies, meaning she likes you.
- 4 See if she gets clumsy near you. If you notice she seems to drop things when she’s near you, that could be a sign she likes you. It could indicate she gets nervous when she’s near you, causing her to drop things or be a bit clumsier.
- 1 Ask your friends what they think. Your friends may have heard whether the person likes you or not. Even if they haven’t, they’ll probably be better at guessing than you are. That’s only because when it’s you in the situation, you have a harder time stepping back and analyzing it, and you may feel a little self-conscious thinking about a girl liking you. Therefore, asking a good friend can help you analyze the situation better.
- 2 Watch for signs on social media. One way to see if a girl likes you is to watch how she treats you on social media. Of course, you first need to friend her. Once you do, watch how she interacts with you. If she seems to pay extra attention to you, she may like you. For instance, maybe she “likes” everything you post or tags you in a number of her posts.
- For instance, if she writes “Cute!” on a selfie you posted, it may be she’s flirting with you.
- 3 Notice how often she’s around. If a girl likes you, she’s going to find reasons to be near you. Even if you’ve never talked to her, you’ll look up, and she’ll be at the next table in the library or a few benches down at the basketball game. It’s not that she’s stalking you. Rather, she’s probably hoping you’ll notice her.
- This approach may include things like walking through your line of sight or talking to people near you.
- 4 Pay attention to what your instinct is telling you. If you’re trying to figure out if someone likes you by analyzing everything she does, she may not be that into you. If someone likes you, you’ll generally know it in your gut, with the exception of very shy people.
- However, if you’re not sure, it’s always best to give it a shot by talking to her. The worst she can say is “No!”
- 5 Pay attention to when her shyness hits. If you notice that she seems to go up and talk to everyone, but avoids talking to you, she may just be nervous about talking to you. In other words, she doesn’t talk to you because she likes you, and that makes her scared.
- 6 Use her friends to your advantage. Another step you could take is to talk to one of her friends, particularly if you have a class with one of them. A simple, “Hey, you’re Jess’s friend, right? Can I ask you something? Do you think Jess likes me?” is really all you need.
- You can also watch how her friends react when you’re around the whole group of them, including the girl you like. For instance, they may start whispering to each other, teasing the girl, or even pushing her in your direction.
- 1 Make eye contact. See if she wants to keep your attention or if her eyes move away from yours. If she is consistently making eye contact and sometimes blushing while doing it, chances are she’s interested in you. She may also try stealing quick glances at you when she thinks you’re not looking.
- Of course, you don’t want to just stare at her because that will come off as creepy. Just glance in her direction, or try to hold her eyes for a couple of seconds.
- However, some girls are just shy, and they may not want to make eye contact with you. Try encouraging her with other steps.
- 2 Smile at her. Smiling shows your interest, and makes it easy for her to smile back at you. Sometimes, it might take a while for both of you to just make eye contact and smile before you’re ready to actually talk to each other. Even if you’re nervous, smiling is a good way to make contact because a smile actually acts as a reward to other people.
- Try waving at her and saying hi. This might encourage her to come over and be relaxed in front of you.
- 3 Make opportunities for her to talk to you. Don’t just hang around with the same group of friends. It’s much easier to approach someone who is alone rather than someone who’s with a large group, so if you make sure you’re alone sometime when she’s around, she might come over and talk to you.
- For instance, maybe you notice she spends time at the library after school. Make it a point to show up there, too. Try sitting at a table near her, where she can see you.
- 4 Say “hi.” It’s an easy first step and a way to acknowledge that you’re noticing each other. You don’t have to do much more at first if you’re shy. If she’s unwilling to say “hi” back, she might not be interested. Try it a few more times, but if she never responds, let it go.
- You might be nervous about approaching her, but the only way you can really test your theory of whether she likes you or not is to actually talk to her.
- 5 Think about how to start a conversation. If she’s responded to your greeting, you can move ahead to actually talking to each other. Consider what you know about her, as that can lead to a conversation. Is she part of the drama club, or does she play sports? Engaging with her about school activities is a great first way to make conversation. You could even try to be funny, but that can be hard.
- You could ask, “Is your training on the track team really hard?” or “What did you think of the pep rally?”
- You could also say something like, “Wasn’t the food gross in the cafeteria today? Isn’t it awful what they call food?” or “Don’t you think Mr. Harrison looks and sounds a lot like Yoda?”
- 6 Engage her in conversation. Now that you have some possible questions, find a good time to talk to her. It should be a time when neither of you is hurrying off to class or activities, and hopefully when you’re both alone. It can feel really awkward the first time, but it does get easier.
- For example, if you asked whether her track training was hard, she might say, “Yes, but I love it!” In that case, you could say, “Cool! What do you love about it? I’ve always thought about getting into running, but it seems really hard.”
Add New Question
- Question Why do guys not make the first move? John Keegan is a dating coach and motivational speaker based in New York City. He runs The Awakened Lifestyle, where he uses his expertise in dating, attraction, and social dynamics to help people find love. He teaches and holds dating workshops internationally, from Los Angeles to London and from Rio de Janeiro to Prague. Dating Coach Expert Answer A lot of times guys are really afraid of rejection and/or people thinking that they’re weird.
- Question What are the physical signs that a girl likes you? John Keegan is a dating coach and motivational speaker based in New York City. He runs The Awakened Lifestyle, where he uses his expertise in dating, attraction, and social dynamics to help people find love. He teaches and holds dating workshops internationally, from Los Angeles to London and from Rio de Janeiro to Prague. Dating Coach Expert Answer She’ll make a lot of eye contact, smile in your direction, and possibly wave at you. In general, she’ll be giving off a lot of warm energy.
- Question Is it okay to get rejected? John Keegan is a dating coach and motivational speaker based in New York City. He runs The Awakened Lifestyle, where he uses his expertise in dating, attraction, and social dynamics to help people find love. He teaches and holds dating workshops internationally, from Los Angeles to London and from Rio de Janeiro to Prague. Dating Coach Expert Answer Absolutely! Ultimately, rejection isn’t this awful thing. It just means that you didn’t have a connection with that person, and that’s okay!
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
Always be respectful. If she acts like she’s not interested or she says she’s not interested, leave her alone. You’ll find someone else!
Advertisement Article Summary X To know if a girl you’ve never talked to before likes you, take note of her body language. If she stares at you, but blushes and quickly turns away when you make eye contact, she might be interested! Ask mutual friends or acquaintances if they think she likes you, and always listen to your instincts – if your gut tells you she likes you, she probably does! Keep reading for more advice, including how to start a conversation with her! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 579,623 times.
View complete answer
How do you know if your crush has a secret crush on you?
In Case You Want To Know – Photo by Scott Broome on Unsplash Sometimes you can’t help but wonder why a particular person gives me the vibes that they like me? Is it something about my body language? Or perhaps these feelings could be coming from the way I talk, or even their words to you.
You wonder whether or not that significant someone shares your feelings, do they notice that you like them before you do, or may they choose to ignore those feelings. You may be thinking that you’re not even sure whether they like you back or not. You’ve never felt this way about another person before, and you are hesitant to act on these feelings.
In short, you might feel confused, uncertain, and even that your heart is racing when called upon to react positively to the interest of a stranger. You end up questioning everything and feel a tad insecure about the entire situation — which is fine! None of us is perfect, and we all deal with feelings of uncertainty from time to time. Photo by Austin Distel on Unsplash In real life and social media, you may notice that the person is consciously or subconsciously looking around for you or, better yet, looking at you in ways that only your loved ones normally do. This could mean through facial expressions, body language, and even speech.
- If they are always looking for you to see what you’re doing before doing anything else (as long as this doesn’t become too obsessive), it can be a sign that they like you.
- The way that person reacts to you, both when they meet you in real life and online, could directly indicate that they like you.
- For example, they may look at you in a way that shows their interest in how you look or even how you are approaching the situation as a whole.
The way he or she responds to your small talk is also something to keep track of. If your approaches are not being met with indifference but with positivity and enthusiasm, then your crush might be reciprocating your interest in them. It might be a daring eye stare or a shy peek once in a while, but a person interested in you wouldn’t want to miss a chance to look at you, even if only for a second. Photo by Harli Marten on Unsplash Another way to identify that someone has a crush on you is to keep the conversation moving along. If they feel comfortable with you, and find it easy to talk about anything, then there’s a good chance that they like you.
They will also try to laugh at your jokes and not be offended if things don’t go as planned. The next time you’re chatting with your possible crush, try to exit the conversation for a minute or two and see if they initiate a conversation with you again. You’ll often find that your potential crush will try to keep the conversation going, so don’t be afraid to talk about anything and everything.
However, if your crush starts to get awkward or stop talking after a while, then there is probably a good chance that they are not interested in you at all. How he or she responds will tell you a lot about their feelings towards you. If they are amiable, then this could be a sign that your crush is into you.
On the other hand, if they seem more withdrawn or less friendly, they probably don’t share the same feelings. If they look to re-engage in a conversation with you later, this is a sure sign that they like you! A person who has a crush on you might also be texting you regularly. They won’t usually initiate the texting; however, if they do, then they are a good bet to send you a message and hope that you get back to them.
And finally, if your possible crush wants to meet you over a cup of coffee, it’s probably because they really like you! Photo by Manuel Meurisse on Unsplash One of the dead giveaway signs that someone has a crush on you is when you are at a party or a bar, and they try to position themselves right beside you. This is normally done without them even realizing it because it’s something that they do naturally.
If you’re not sure if someone likes you, then pay attention to how they position themselves when in a group. For example, if the person with a crush on you thinks that nobody is paying attention to them, they will probably try to position themselves next to you. Specialists say that when we truly like someone, we perceive them as our centre of gravity.
We want to be where they are. The person who has a crush on you will try to be next to you and try to stand in front of you and behind you so that they can feel your presence and see what you’re doing. While some of these crush signs might be friendly moves, if these behavior changes become too obvious, take it as a sign that the person has a crush on you. Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash To tell if someone has a crush on you, you may interpret their behavior towards you. If you notice that they are a little more nervous around you than usual or if they seem a little more attentive and go out of their way to initiate conversations with you, then it is likely that they may fancy you.
For instance, they could be awkward in your presence. In addition, there might be some hints of nervousness in their voice when they speak to you — constantly clearing their throats or shuffling their feet. If they act differently around you, then it’s safe to assume that they may like you. This can include talking with you for longer than usual and consistently initiating conversations with you even if the topic is not interesting to them.
They might even become protective of you, showing interest in what’s happening around your life or listening to stories you tell them. While it is not uncommon for people to be protective of others they care about, these types of interests are often associated with a romantic interest.
Someone that has a crush on you will suddenly perceive you as the funniest and the most interesting person they’ve ever met. They will laugh and smile at your jokes or stories without even meaning to do so because they are genuinely happy and interested in what you have to say. At the end of the day, while it is rather entertaining to play a detective and find if someone has a crush on you, the best way of knowing if you are liked is to ask yourself these very same questions.
If you are unsure about how someone feels about you, it is probably better to leave the situation alone and see how things progress in the future. However, if you want to be 100% certain, it would be good to ask them directly and get to the bottom of their feelings towards you.
- Sometimes we are not sure if the feelings are mutual.
- Communication here is key! Being rejected might be painful, but it goes away with time and can bring you great lessons.
- If they don’t like you, ask why, and work on those things to make yourself more attractive! It’s important to note that not having a crush on someone does not mean that you cannot become good friends.
A crush is a temporary state of mind triggered by different factors like physical attraction, personality traits, or the person’s social image in question.
View complete answer