What Are The Body Types In Physical Education?
|THE 3 SOMATOTYPES
Ectomorphs are long and lean, with little body fat, and little muscle. They have a hard time gaining weight. Fashion models and basketball players fit this category. While most of us love to hate these genetically-blessed individuals, some male ectomorphs may not be thrilled with their narrow-chested frames, and some female ectomorphs long for more womanly curves.
Endomorphs, on the other hand, have lots of body fat, lots of muscle, and gain weight easily. “Football lineman tend to be endomorphs – they’re heavier and rounder individuals,” says Colby. “And they don’t have to necessarily be overweight. Both Oprah Winfrey and Marilyn Monroe are classic examples of endomorphs.”
Mesomorphs are athletic, solid, and strong. “They’re not overweight and not underweight,” says Colby, “and they can eat what they want without worrying too much about it.” They both gain and lose weight without too much effort.
Classic combination somatotypes include pear-shaped ecto-endomorphs with thin, delicate upper bodies and high fat storage in the hips and thighs, and apple-shaped endo-ectomorphs, with high fat storage in the mid-section and thin lower bodies.
back to Teacher’s Corner
- 1 What are the 4 different body types?
- 2 What do you mean by body types?
- 3 What are the 3 male body types?
- 4 What is the most common body type?
- 5 What are the basic body types?
- 6 What are the 6 body systems?
- 7 What are the 9 main human body systems?
- 8 What is a human body Class 4?
What are the 4 different body types?
RELATED: How to Train Right for Your Body Type To get a precise assessment of whether you’re an ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph, or a combination type, you could go to a lab and have your body fat, bone, and muscle mass measured. You can also gauge your body type right now by taking this quiz.
View complete answer
What are the 5 main body types?
Determining Your Body Shape Dressing for your body is easy when you know what kinds of clothes are going to look good and make you feel confident. Once you’ve determined your body shape, shopping for clothes becomes an easier and more efficient process because you’ll start to figure out what silhouettes will compliment you best.
- Determine your body shape today with our helpful guide and descriptions and learn how to start dressing for your specific shape! If you’re interested in, contact Dr.
- Brent’s office today to schedule your first consult.
- The five main body type shapes are rectangle, inverted triangle, hourglass, pear and apple.
To begin specifying your body shape, stand in front of a full-size mirror with no clothes on, or just your underwear. After your initial inspection, you can determine what body type you might be. However, if you want to be more specific, grab a tape measure and read along to determine what attributes make up each body shape.
View complete answer
What do you mean by body types?
What is Body Type? – Body type, or somatotype, refers to the idea that there are three generalized body compositions that people are predetermined to have. The concept was theorized by Dr.W.H. Sheldon back in the early 1940s, naming the three somatotypes endomorph, mesomorph, and ectomorph,
- It was originally believed that a person’s somatotype was unchangeable, and that certain physiological and psychological characteristics were even determined by whichever one a person aligns to.
- According to Sheldon, endomorphs have bodies that are always rounded and soft, mesomorphs are always square and muscular, and ectomorphs are always thin and fine-boned.
He theorized that these body types directly influenced a person’s personality, and the names were chosen because he believed the predominate traits of each somatotype were set in stone, derived from pre-birth preferential development of either the endodermal, mesodermal, or ectodermal embryonic layers.
View complete answer
What are 7 types of body?
What is Meditation? – Meditation is defined as harvesting of cosmic energy. Like you harvest a bumper draw for your material development, you harvest cosmic energy for your spiritual development. When you harvested enough of cosmic energy you become like Shirdi Sai Baba or Satya Sai Baba or Gautama Buddha or Jesus Christ.
So, you have to harvest this cosmic energy which is there everywhere. But how to harvest? It is through Meditation. That is called as “Science of Meditation”. I have defined this Science of Meditation as Harvesting Cosmic energy. Where is the cosmic energy? It’s there everywhere. This table is made up of energy.
It is crystal energy of cosmic energy this physical body is crystal energy of cosmic energy. It is e=mc 2, In this physical body we have to get more cosmic energy. You get energy when you eat an apple, which is an energy ball. What happens if you put that into your mouth? You get energy.
- That’s how we sustain.
- If you don’t eat an apple, you will die.
- There are two ways of taking cosmic energy through an apple, through the mouth or directly through Meditation.
- To eat an apple you have to open your mouth, without opening your mouth can apple enter the physical body? No! You have to open your mouth to put the cosmic energy.
Similarly for the outer cosmic energy to enter into the system, the mind is the barrier. If you have got a jungle mind, that jungle mind obstructs cosmic energy flow into physical body. The mind has to become empty, only then cosmic energy enters. Cosmic energy enters through “Brahma Randhra”.
There are nine randhras (apertures) in physical body. (Brahma Randhra is often identified with the fontanelle at the top of the skull ‐ the door to Pure Consciousness. It is also called as ‘Tenth Door’ ‐ the other nine doors being the nine orifices ‐ two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, mouth, anus and sexual organ, which lead to the outside world).
This deha (body) has nine apertures, and dehi (Jivaatma) enters through the tenth aperture i.e., through the Brahma Randhra. This Brahma Randhra is closed because of worry mind. When you decimate the body – mind, Brahma Randhra opens and cosmic energy flows.
- Brahma Randhra is called as 10th door or 10th aperture.
- It is called as “Dashama‐Dwara”.
- We know how to open our mouth and eat an apple.
- But we don’t know how to make the mind empty and drag cosmic energy.
- That is what is the Science.
- We are not just this physical body.
- We have got seven bodies.
- They are Physical Body, Etheric Body, Astral Body, Casual Body, Spiritual Body, Cosmic Body, Nirvanic Body.
Similarly Annamaya Kosha, Pranamaya Kosha, Manomaya Kosha, Vijnanamaya Kosha, Anandamaya Kosha, Vishwamaya Kosha, Nirvanamaya Kosha. Just like there are seven colors violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange, red and seven notes of music Shadja, Rishabha, Gandhara, Madhyama, Panchama, Dhaivatha, Nishadha.
All the seven bodies including Nirvanic Body have been realized by Gautama Buddha. That’s why he said I entered Nirvana. We also enter Nirvana, realize all the seven bodies. All these seven bodies, seven colors put together become white light. When you activate all seven bodies you will becomeEdukondalavadu.
Seven bodies are Edukondalu (seven hills). The Tirupati, every hill of the seven hills represents each body of Venkateshwara. That’s why we call him Edukondalavadu. So every person should become an Edukondalavadu, every person should do Meditation. When we do Meditation, we also become Edukondalavadu.
- You also activate your Brahma Randhra and have a free flow of cosmic energy.
- When you have a free flow of cosmic energy you don’t have to eat.
- Many yogis don’t eat.
- Nothing will happen.
- If you are not a yogi and you don’t eat, you will die.
- If you are a yogi, even if you don’t eat you will not die.
- That’s why in Bhagawad Gita, Sri Krishna has asked Arjuna Hey Arjuna! You be a yogi! Tapasvibhyo ‘dhiko yogi jnanibhyo ‘pi mato ‘dhikah karmibhyas cadhiko yogi tasmad yogi bhavarjuna Who is a yogi? A man who controls his mind is a yogi.
To become a yogi, you first become a “Dhyani”. Dhyani becomes a Yogi, Yogi becomes a Rishi, Rishi becomes a Rajarshi, Rajarshi becomes a Brahmarshi You should also become a Brahmarshi! In fact it is like Primary School, Middle School, High school, College and University.
So many people have achieved university standards, that is “Universal Consciousness”. You must go from your physical consciousness to Universal Consciousness then you are a Brahmarshi. That’s why you are born! That’s what you are supposed to achieve! That’s what the target of your own self before you came into this physical body.
You must become a Dhyani first; that is a regular Meditator. When you achieve a peak in Meditation, you are called as Yogi. Then another peak in Meditation is Rishi, another peak in Meditation is Rajarshi, another peak in Meditation is Brahmarshi. First of all you must become a regular Meditator.
- Everybody must experience all the seven bodies, seven consciousnesses and integrate them into one.
- Otherwise we were stuck‐up with individual colors, individual bodies.
- We have to realize and experience all the seven bodies.
- When we have experience of all the seven bodies, we integrate them.
- When we integrate them, we live that integration in our day to day lives; that is the purpose of our Spiritual Science! We have to realize all the seven bodies.
Once you realize, integration of all those seven bodies, seven different colors happens and we become pure white or pure consciousness. That is called as Enlightenment. All kinds of colors together form a white light. That’s why we call Enlightenment – The Light.
The opposite of light is darkness. When you don’t realize all these seven bodies, you are living in darkness. Living in darkness is called as hell and living in light is called as heaven. If you think you are only physical body ‐ two hands, two eyes, two legs, one mouth, only Annamaya Kosha, going on eating food is that the purpose of life? If you think like that, you are almost living in darkness.
You are only living 1/7 not 7/7, so 1/7 or 2/7 or 3/7 or 4/7 its all are darkness. When you go from 5/7, 6/7 to 7/7 it is called as Enlightenment.7/7 is total Light, Buddha. Buddha is 7/7, Shirdi Sai Baba is 7/7, Satya Sai is 7/7 Hundreds and thousands have become enlightened, not one or two.
Somebody who stayed with Buddha for six months asked Buddha, “I am here for the past six months and have been observing you. I don’t think any person ever in Srusthi (Creation) was Enlightened or any one person will be like you”. Then Buddha asked to him to come near and gave him a slap and said don’t make general statements.
Have you seen all the people who were born before me? Have you seen all the persons who are going to be born after me? Person replied No sir. Buddha continued Then how can you say? Don’t be unsigned. I am telling you I have seen all the past people, I have seen all the future people.
- Thousands of Buddhas were there before me and thousands of Buddhas will come after me.
- So it is not one.
- Everybody has to become a Buddha or 7/7 Consciousness or Edukondalavadu.
- For that the first step is Dhyani, become a regular meditator.
- After some time you will reach a peak, you will be called as Yogi, your mind is controlled.
In the presence of sukha, dukkha or kalimi lemi or have and have not’s nothing will bother you, you are a control man. Then your third eye will open. When your third eye opens, you become a Rishi. When you see all your past lives, you are called as Rajarshi.
- After that, you will get Universal Consciousness ‐ I am there in your body and you are there in my body.
- I and you are one.
- That is Brahmarshi.
- Do you have that consciousness right now? Should you have that consciousness in this life time or next life time? So you should do something about it and that is Meditation.
Meditation has three laws. The first law says – “When you are with breath the mind becomes empty”. As long as you are with the mouth, you are singing Bhajan’s of Krishna, Meera whatever it may be; it is you are entering the general theory of spirituality.
But Meditation does not begin there. Meditation begins with the breath. You must close your mouth and observe the breath. You must go urdhva, higher. You know something you put in the mouth it goes down. Whereas breath, it takes something up in the nose. The tip of the nose, at nasika agra there is third eye, that third eye gets activated.
Because, the breath goes up and touches the third eye. The mouth refers Adho Mukha (Down) and the nose refers Urdhva Mukha (Up). Mouth is Prapanchika (worldly) and nose is Adhyatmika (spiritual). In the human body there is a pyramid, which is called as nose and in the pyramid sits the guru of Meditation, which is called as Breath.
You have to become one with the breath. Like Newton’s three laws, Meditation has also having three laws. The first law of Meditation says “when your with your with normal, natural, easy, soft, simple, tender breath the mind becomes empty”. This is the discovery of Gautama Buddha. The second law says – “When the mind becomes empty, huge of amount of cosmic energy flood into the body”.
The third law says – “When sufficient amounts of cosmic energy enter the physical body, the physical body gets saturated with the cosmic energy. The result is the Third Eye”. These are the three laws. If you practice them you will become a Dhyani, you will become a yogi.
If you do not practice them, next time in the next birth you have to come here again and practice. If you practice music, you will become a musician. If you hear music, you don’t become a musician. You must practice Music to become a musician. You must a practice meditation to become a Spiritual Master, to get universal consciousness.
If you practice you will get. If you don’t practice you will not get. Very simple! Everything is hard work. Shirdi Sai did hard work in Meditation therefore he had achieved that consciousness. Gautama Buddha did hard practice, Lord Shiva always in practice.
- Everybody does practice and everybody gets the results.
- You earn money, you become rich man.
- You practice earning money every day, you do some business, and slowly you become a rich man like Birla, Tata.
- Same way you must earn cosmic energy, harvest cosmic energy.
- Every day one kg, two kg, three kg or two grams, three grams whatever it might be.
Every day every drop will become an ocean. Today if you practice little music, tomorrow little more music day after tomorrow you will become like Mangal Balamuralikrishna or Lata Mangeshkar or Bhimsen Joshi or Hariprasad Chaurasia. Same thing in Meditation, everybody has to do Meditation, it is compulsory, must! The temples are meant only to teach meditation to others, to make everybody like a Brahmarshi, like a Shirdi Sai Baba that is a Goal.
- Teaching spiritual science will be job of every church, every Mosque, and every temple in future.
- This is the beginning and everywhere there will be only spiritual science teaching and practice of meditation.
- In Andhra Pradesh in almost 80% of villages every day they sit in meditation for two, three or four hours.
It is because I have gone to all the places to teach meditation. If I come to Melbourne itself don’t you think that I would go to all the villages of Andhra Pradesh? If I come this far, I must gone to all the villages. So I taught meditation to everybody, all the Pyramid Masters they go to all the villages and teach meditation to all students, children, house ladies, temples, some churches, even Mosque also has taught meditation.
View complete answer
What are the 8 different body types?
8 Body Types By Roar Sheppard A dynamic discovery has occurred in Korea ― unknown to most of the public. It’s no other than the discovery of the human DNA system. One hundred years ago, Yi Je-ma, an Oriental doctor in Korea, discovered the Sasang, or Four Body Types, and this became the foundation of present day Oriental medicine.
However, anyone who has visited an Oriental clinic will tell you that it’s incomplete in many ways. And now we know why; it was only half of the theory. Over the last 60 years, Dr. Kwon Do-won, Ph.D., has worked on his DNA theory of the body, at one point correcting the Sasang and later on inventing his own system ― the present day Eight Body Types, known in Korea as Palchejil (팔체질).
How does it work? The eight types are Tree Yang, Tree Yin, Earth (including fire) Yang, Earth Yin, Metal Yang, Metal Yin, Water Yang and Water Yin. Each type has two excessive large organs and two excessive small organs and is focused on either the parasympathetic system or sympathetic system.
- Disease or imbalance comes from either going too far toward the excess organ or deficient organ.
- For example, Tree has a strong liver and a weak lung, which work together like a see-saw.
- Thus one should stay way from anything that strengthens the liver and focus on empowering the lung.
- Each body type has a different personality, trait, job possibility, illness potential, food to eat, and thus knowing this is knowing the destiny given to you at birth.
Let’s explore more. The Earth person has a strong stomach but a weak kidney, which means a weaker lower body. The Metal person has strong lungs but a weak liver and often suffers from allergies; Water has a strong kidney but a weak stomach and often has constipation problems.
The Yang body types have internal heat and external coolness, the Yin are the opposite. Thus one body type should take cold showers and not sweat while the other should take hot ones and sweat often. Interestingly, there’s no body type that can take both cold and hot showers, or that can eat all of these ― chicken, beef, pork and fish.
Metal is the only vegetarian body type, owning to its large lungs. Meat supports the lungs and causes allergies and skin problems for the Metal type. Metal is the natural leader and the designer of systems. This person should stick to fish and vegetables.
- Metal can come down with extreme diseases if they eat meat.
- One theory is that madness can be attributable to a Metal person eating meat.
- Tree is the meat and potatoes person, and is the typical athlete.
- This person will be healthy as long as they stay away from fish, which aggravates their strong liver.
High blood pressure is normal for them as well, so they should be wary of receiving a mistaken diagnosis at the hospital. Earth has the strongest digestion and make up the “ppalli, ppalli” people. They are jovial and have faith. Due to their internal heat, they should stick to cold foods, especially iced drinks, pork and barley and stay away from chicken.
- Often diplomats and artists have this body type and also, women who chose not to marry fall into this category.
- The Water person can sit for hours at a time and is the perfectionist and the detailer, and tidy up after others.
- They need to be careful about constipation and heat stroke and avoid sweating.
Here’s the theory in brief. Now is the universe schedule for humanity to know their DNA design, get their health back and then figure out the meaning behind their certain schedule. In short: Tree is propriety; Earth, action; Metal, design; Water, planner.
Dr. Kwon has been working for the health of humanity. At 87, he now devotes himself to curing cancer patients. He doesn’t trust doctors worrying more about profit. I recommend you think of your personal health history and visit one of the clinics near you, or contact me to find out more about this. Only the checking of the pulse can tell your body type at the moment.
Knowing is half the battle. Roar Sheppard is the director of Seon Meditation Center in Insa-dong, central Seoul, and has done research on Korean traditional treatments and breathing meditation methods. Contact him at or look at www.suseonjae.com. : 8 Body Types
View complete answer
What are the 12 body types?
Yin & Yang
|Petite or short
|curvy or round
|angular, lean, straight
|thin lips, straight lips
What are the 3 main body types and explain the difference?
What is Body Type? – From Leonardo da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man and even Galileo’s Square-Cube Law, to the medical classifications by Hippocrates, traditional Chinese medicine, and Ayurveda, the human physique has fascinated scientists for millennia. In the 1940’s American scientist William H. Sheldon and his colleagues proposed a system of classification of the human physique that comprised of three body types (also known as somatotypes), which he called ectomorph, mesomorph and endomorph. 1 William Sheldon was not an anatomist, instead he was a behavioural psychologist and thus the core of his theory lay in associating the three somatotypes with temperament types. His theories on the relationship between personality and physical appearance have since been roundly debunked and dismissed. While the element of behavioral science may have been poor, the study of somatotyping itself has merit. Since the introduction of this classification, it has continually evolved and developed. Presently the most commonly used method of somatotyping (or body typing) is the Heath-Carter method. 2 3 Today body typing is used by exercise physiologists, nutritionists, coaches, personal trainers, and sports scientists. Body type is a combination of frame size, and level of body fat and muscle mass relative to height. There are 3 main body types:
Endomorph : Shapely physique, with a large frame and more body fat. Mesomorph : Athletic build, with a medium frame and naturally muscular. Ectomorph : Thin, lanky, and slender, with a small frame and little mass.
What are the 3 body types how each types affect your fitness?
There are Three Types of Bodies – Scientists have put together three different types of bodies – Ectomorph, Endomorph, and Mesomorph Ectomorphs are long, slim or slender individuals who seem to be able to eat whatever they like without ever gaining a single pound.
View complete answer
What are the 3 male body types?
5 min read, Updated: 12 Sep 2011, 09:12 PM IST Premium Body-conscious: There are at least three distinct male body types—from the lean ‘hard gainers’ and the naturally athletic to the plump and pear-shaped The secrets of the male body In 1940, William H. Sheldon, an American psychologist, developed a way to classify the human body into three broad categories, and published his findings in a book called The Varieties of Human Physique: An Introduction to Constitutional Psychology. Body-conscious: There are at least three distinct male body types—from the lean ‘hard gainers’ and the naturally athletic to the plump and pear-shaped Getting started In general, there are three basic types of male bodies: ectomorphs, mesomorphs and endomorphs.
- Most men are a combination of these body types.
- While experts agree that with the right diet and training you can achieve the body you want, it’s still better to work with your natural body shape.
- To build muscle, you need to first consider what your natural body shape is.
- Don’t just take your weight into consideration.
You also need to know your height to calculate how healthy (or unhealthy) you are. A body-mass index, or BMI, calculator (available easily on the Internet) is a worthy tool to begin with. A BMI between 19 and 25 falls in the healthy weight range for adults.
But it isn’t the only indicator of healthy weight. For greater accuracy, you can look for a body composition analyser found in certain gyms and at the nutritionist’s. This machine will analyse the exact percentage of fat, water and muscle, etc., so you can come up with a realistic plan. These days, state-of-the-art health clubs ascertain the weight composition through what’s described as metabolic citation.
This method is slightly tedious; it involves a long questionnaire that takes into account your blood group, lifestyle, genetics and other factors that are holistic in nature to find out exactly what you should be doing to reach your ideal body image.
A thumb rule, for all body types, and for those who are in training: Consume 1-1.5g of protein per kilogram of body weight. Just to give an example, 100g of chicken breast will have 60g of protein, all of which will not be broken down. If you are training, then you must have more of grade 1 protein, which is lean meat, egg white, whey protein or soya.
Ectomorphs Ectomorphs are lean and lanky, with small shoulders and a high metabolic rate, and may therefore find it hard to put on weight. Since such men are also naturally skinny, they are included in the slow developers category and are called the classic “hard gainers”.
For a well-proportioned body, their workouts should be short and intense, concentrating on the larger muscle groups. Ectomorphs need a high-calorie diet, with a higher percentage of carbohydrates and some amount of protein. What usually works best is 50% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 20% fat. Workout plan: Since ectomorphs have a high metabolic rate, they need a higher calorific intake as well (depending on an individual’s body weight and age).
In workouts, follow a split format, addressing two body parts a day, focusing on big muscle groups such as the upper back muscles or thigh muscles. Do three exercises per body part, with 6-12 repetitions, three sets a week. Definitely look into supplements, also look at pre- and post-workout snacks.
- This is possibly the only body type that will also benefit from a late-night snack.
- Once they put on the bulk, they can easily cut it, which is why cardio must be only 15% of the entire exercise schedule.
- Mesomorphs Mesomorphs have a large bone structure, large muscles and a naturally athletic physique.
They find it quite easy to gain and lose weight. They are naturally strong, which means they build muscle easily. The mesomorph body type responds the best to weight training. The gains are usually seen very quickly, especially for beginners. The downside is that they gain fat more easily than ectomorphs, so they must watch their calorie intake.
Usually a combination of weight training and cardio works best. Mesomorphs must consume higher protein with healthy fats like flaxseed oil and olive oil, along with a lower quantity of healthy, slower-absorbing carbohydrates such as wholewheat, brown rice, yam and potatoes to keep insulin levels steady.
BODY TYPES, According to William Sheldon, PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS
Workout plan: Mesomorphs can pick up a photo and say this is how I want to look. They should be careful about eating too much sugar and fat. Interval and/or circuit workouts that combine short intense bursts of workouts attacking more than one body part work well for mesomorphs.
Look for compound movements in your workouts, like a push-up that works on the entire body rather than a bicep curl that works on just one part of the body. Anywhere between 12-18 repetitions is good and training must initially be more about cutting fat than gaining muscle. For parts that are a little underdeveloped, you may want to do a muscle-building cycle with the help of your trainer.
Endomorphs Endomorphs tend to be plump, pear-shaped, with wider hips than shoulders. This body type can gain weight easily. An endomorph should have less carbohydrates and more proteins, and should do both cardio and weight training. They should have no problem gaining muscle mass, provided they have enough protein in their diet.
An endomorph needs to lose more fat while gaining muscle. He should do a bigger number of sets, both compound and isolation exercises (that concentrate on a single body part), with lots of repetitions that you can decide on with your trainer. They don’t need supplements if they get adequate protein in their food.
Workout plan: Endomorphs need to follow proper cycles for fat loss, muscle gain and cutting up (get muscle definition). Forty per cent of their training should be cardio-oriented. They need to watch their food, cut down on fat, and include low GI (glycaemic index) carbohydrates and adequate protein.
- A general rule for endomorphs would be two-three days of cardio a week, 40-60 minutes each time.
- This can be combined with three days of weight training to get a lean look.
- Twelve to 15 repetitions are recommended for each exercise, but they must trim out the fat before adding muscle.
- If an endomorph wants to be big and beefy, the cardio goes down and the focus must be on building one body part at a time, reducing repetitions to between six and 12 but with heavier weights.
Do keep in mind, however, that the values given are generic, just to get you started. Consult your nutritionist or fitness expert for the exercises and diet required for you to build your body type. Write to us at [email protected] Catch all the Business News, Market News, Breaking News Events and Latest News Updates on Live Mint.
View complete answer
What is the most common body type?
The most common body type is an inverted triangle or pear shape. This body shape is characterized by a larger hip, with a narrow bust, and subtle waist definition.
View complete answer
What are the basic body types?
What are the Three Different Body Types? – The three different body types are: ectomorph, endomorph, mesomorph. Each has their own typical characteristics that can help you determine which body type you have. Then you will be able to adjust your training and eating habits accordingly to reach your fitness goals,
View complete answer
What is the best body type?
What’s your body type: ectomorph, endomorph or mesomorph? – Different body types or somatotypes have different skeletal frames and body compositions. Body types or somatotypes are hereditary traits based on your skeletal frame (bone structure and density) and body composition (muscle and fat mass). Understanding bone structure and fat/muscle distribution can help you reach your fitness goals.
They struggle to gain weight no matter how many carbs or how much fat they eat.They usually have a lean build with long limbs and small muscles.To gain weight naturally, they must load up on carbs and foods full of calories.
Most of their calories should come from carbs and at least 25 percent from protein if they want to build muscles.
It is also important to indulge in high-intensity interval training and eat something small every two hours. They must be sure to get all necessary nutrients to build strong muscles.
Endomorph: If an individual finds it ridiculously tough to shed fat, then they probably have an endomorphic body type. They tend to gain weight faster. However, they look curvy. Endomorphs usually look broader and have a triangular bone structure, narrower hips, and broader shoulders.
They usually have broad shoulders, narrow hips and shorter limbs. While they have larger muscle mass, they also have a higher fat percentage because they are predisposed to storing fat rather than building muscles.They store excess weight in their thighs, buttocks and hips giving them a pear-shaped appearance. The best way for an endomorph to lose weight is through a combination of healthy eating and regular exercise,
Start by cutting down carbs to only 30 percent of total daily calories. The other 70 percent should be divided into protein and good fats,
Cardio is the best form of exercise because it ensures that the body does not revert to fat-storing stages.They can also do high-intensity interval training and cross-training to build muscles.Their main goal should not be to lose weight but to boost metabolism and prevent calories from turning into fat.
Mesomorph: This body type is generally considered the ideal body type. Individuals usually look lighter and have a more rectangular bone structure, longer limbs, thinner bones and a flatter ribcage.
A mesomorph has a natural tendency to stay fit and achieve muscle mass very easily.They have more muscle than fat on their bodies and are not overweight or underweight.
Just like ectomorphs, mesomorphs too can eat whatever they like without putting on weight, but the flip side here is that they may gain weight just as easily if they aren’t careful.Because people with this body type have a lot to do with muscle, it stands to reason that they need a more protein-based diet that can help build and repair muscles.They also need to consume a lot of fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants and whole grains (quinoa, oats, etc.).
Just because mesomorphs have a naturally muscular body doesn’t mean they don’t need to exercise. They do need training to stay lean. Alternating between weights and cardio would be the ideal workout for mesomorphs.
Medically Reviewed on 1/19/2021 References Medscape Medical Reference
View complete answer
What are the 6 levels of the body?
Section Summary – Life processes of the human body are maintained at several levels of structural organization. These include the chemical, cellular, tissue, organ, organ system, and the organism level. Higher levels of organization are built from lower levels.
View complete answer
What are the 6 body systems?
DEFINITION OF HUMAN BODY SYSTEMS A body system is a group of organs that work together to perform a specific function. The human body has 11 body systems. The systems studied in elementary school are usually the circulatory system, respiratory system, muscular system, digestive system, and nervous system.
View complete answer
What are the 9 main human body systems?
The nine major organ systems in the human body are the integumentary system, the musculoskeletal system, the respiratory system, the circulatory system, the digestive system, the excretory system, the nervous system, the endocrine system, and the reproductive system.
View complete answer
Why are there different body types?
Are you an apple? A pear? Or maybe a ruler? Discovering your body type is more than one of those silly online quizzes. Understanding your body shape could help you find the most effective workout and, according to many studies, help improve your health.
Apple Pear Hourglass Inverted Triangle Ruler
What are the 11 different body systems?
How Are Organ Systems Connected to VA Disability Ratings? – Our bodies are made up of 11 basic organ systems that manage all the essential body functions. These systems, while interdependent, can become out of tune. When one is not functioning properly, the others will attempt to correct the problem.
- All the systems will work together to try to create what is known as homeostasis or a state of balance within the body.
- The 11 organ systems include the integumentary system, skeletal system, muscular system, lymphatic system, respiratory system, digestive system, nervous system, endocrine system, cardiovascular system, urinary system, and reproductive systems.
The VA defines 14 disability systems, which are similar to the body systems. However, the disability systems are separated differently for rating purposes. These systems are listed with the medical listing and are identified independently when necessary.
These 14 systems are the Musculoskeletal system; Organs of Special Sense (optical); Auditory; Infectious Diseases, Immune Disorders, and Nutritional Deficiencies; Respiratory system; Cardiovascular system; Digestive system; Genitourinary System; Hemic and Lymphatic system; Skin; Endocrine system; Neurological conditions; Mental Disorders, and Dental and Oral conditions.
For Individual Unemployability ratings; if you are rated with more than one disability within one body system, your rating will increase towards unemployability. For this reason, we have outlined the VA defined body systems and have included a link to our VA Unemployability Calculator so you can see if your ratings make you eligible for Individual Unemployment.
View complete answer
How can I identify my body type?
Download Article Download Article Knowing your body type can be helpful for choosing clothing that will accent your best features. It’s easy to determine your body type with nothing more than a tape measure. Start by taking measurements of your bust, waist, and hips. Then, use this information to determine which body type best describes your measurements.
- 1 Remove your clothing or wear a camisole and pair of underwear. To get accurate measurements, it helps to have little to no clothing on. Strip down to your underwear if you’re able, or put on something light and form-fitting, such as a tank top and a pair of leggings.
- You may also find it helpful to look in a mirror while you take your measurements. This will help you to determine if you’re positioning the measuring tape properly.
- 2 Measure around the fullest part of your chest. Use a soft, flexible measuring tape to take all of the measurements in inches or centimeters. Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your bust, which is usually the area of your chest that’s level with your nipples.
- Some people also take the shoulder measurement into account when determining their body type, but it’s optional. If your shoulders are wider than your bust, waist, and hips, you might be you might be an inverted triangle type. Take a shoulder measurement to help you determine if you are.
Tip : If you find it hard to position the measuring tape, ask a friend to help by taking these measurements for you. Advertisement
- 3 Locate the smallest part of your waist and measure it. This is usually just below your ribs and about 2–3 in (5.1–7.6 cm) above your belly button. Wrap the measuring tape around this part of your body and record the measurement in inches or centimeters.
- Make sure that the measuring tape is not too tight. Check to ensure that it’s snug, but that you can still fit 1 finger in between the measuring tape and your skin.
- 4 Identify the widest part of your hips and measure them. This is usually at the level of your crotch. Wrap the measuring tape around your hips at this point and record the measurement in inches or centimeters.
- 1 Compare the 3 measurements to determine which is the largest and smallest. Rank your bust, hip, and waist measurements from largest to smallest to help you visualize the shape of your body. However, if the difference between 2 measurements is 1 in (2.5 cm) or less, consider them equal.
- For example, if your bust was 34 in (86 cm), your waist was 38 in (97 cm), and your hips were 48 in (120 cm), then your hips were the largest and your bust was the smallest measurement.
- You may have a couple of measurements that are very close or even equal. Note this as well since it will affect your body type. For example, if your bust was 38 in (97 cm) and your hips were 39 in (99 cm), but your waist was 42 in (110 cm), then your bust and hips are about equal and your waist is the largest measurement.
Tip : You might even notice a distinct silhouette in the mirror while taking your measurements. Consider what shape might fit easily over your chest, waist, and hips when you face yourself in the mirror.
- 2 Identify yourself as a pear-shape if your bust and waist are smaller than your hips. If your hips are the largest of the 3 measurements, and your bust and waist are equal in size or if your bust is smaller than your waist, you’re a pear shape. This is also known as a triangle shape and it’s a very common body type.
- For example, if your bust is 32 in (81 cm), your waist is 34 in (86 cm), and your hips are 40 in (100 cm), then you’re a pear shape.
- 3 See if you’re an inverted triangle if your bust is larger than your waist and hips. This shape is the opposite of the pear or triangle shape. In an inverted triangle, the chest and/or shoulders are wider than the waist and hips. This is a common body type for athletic men and women, but some people may naturally have this body type.
- For example, if your bust is 40 in (100 cm), your waist is 36 in (91 cm), and your hips are 35 in (89 cm), then you’re an inverted triangle shape.
- 4 Call yourself a square if your bust, waist, and hips are all about the same size. If there’s no more than a 2 in (5.1 cm) difference between your bust, waist, and hips, then you’re likely a square shape. This is a common shape for people who are athletic and for young girls. However, some people naturally have this shape.
- For example, if your bust is 36 in (91 cm), your waist is 35 in (89 cm), and your hips are 37 in (94 cm), then you’re a square shape.
- 5 Know that you’re apple shaped if your waist is wider than your bust and hips. If your waist is 2 in (5.1 cm) larger than your hips and bust, you may be an apple shape. Some people with apple-shaped bodies have slim hips and slender legs as well. If you’re a woman, you might also have a full bust.
- For example, if your bust is 42 in (110 cm), your waist is 48 in (120 cm), and your hips are 40 in (100 cm), then you’re an apple shape.
- 6 Identify yourself as an hourglass if your waist is smaller than your bust and hips. Hourglass shapes usually have bust and hip measurements that are about the same size, and their waist measurement is noticeably smaller than the bust and hip. This creates a noticeable curving silhouette going from the bust to the waist and hips.
- For example, if your bust is 38 in (97 cm), your waist is 30 in (76 cm), and your hips are 40 in (100 cm), then you’re an hourglass shape.
- 7 Draw a shape that represents your measurements if you’re unsure. If you’re having trouble determining your shape, try creating a scaled down drawing of your silhouette. Draw 3 parallel lines on a piece of paper that are each 1/10th of the size of your measurements. Space them so that the lines are each 2 in (5.1 cm) apart. Then, connect the edges of the lines to see what shape they create.
- For example, if your measurements were 32 in (81 cm), 36 in (91 cm), and 44 in (110 cm), then your lines would be 3.2 in (8.1 cm), 3.6 in (9.1 cm), and 4.4 in (11 cm). Connecting the ends of these 3 lines creates a pear or triangle shape.
Add New Question
- Question What should I wear if my chest is bigger than my lower body? Nejla Renee Fashion Stylist & Image Consultant Nejla Renee is a fashion stylist, image consultant, and personal shopper based in New York, New York. With over seven years of experience, Nejla specializes in helping people enhance their positive attributes and express their identities through style. Fashion Stylist & Image Consultant Expert Answer
- Question How can I figure out my body shape if I don’t have a measuring tape? Nejla Renee Fashion Stylist & Image Consultant Nejla Renee is a fashion stylist, image consultant, and personal shopper based in New York, New York. With over seven years of experience, Nejla specializes in helping people enhance their positive attributes and express their identities through style. Fashion Stylist & Image Consultant Expert Answer Support wikiHow by unlocking this expert answer. Look in a mirror and try to visualize your body in two halves, split at the waist. You can generally get a pretty good sense for what your body shape is based on the balance between the top and bottom half of your body.
- Question How can I use my height and weight to determine my body shape and size? You can’t. It depends on how your weight is proportioned. One 5’6″ 140lbs girl might be an hourglass, while another could be an apple.
See more answers Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
- Bodies come in all shapes and sizes, so keep in mind that you might not fit perfectly within 1 shape category. For example, you may have the bust and hips of a pear shape with a slightly bigger waist measurement.
- If you’re a tween or a teenager, your body shape might change in the future. For example, you may have a rectangle shape until you start to develop more curves.
- Ask an expert if you still are not sure what your body shape is. Find a tailor or a boutique that has a sizing specialist. They may be able to help you figure out your shape.
Show More Tips Advertisement Article Summary X To determine your body shape, start by looking at your midsection and determining if it is the largest part of your body. If it is, and you have slimmer legs and hips, you have an apple shape. Alternatively, if your midsection and bust are smaller and your hips are wide, you are likely pear-shaped.
View complete answer
What are the 12 body types?
Yin & Yang
|Petite or short
|curvy or round
|angular, lean, straight
|thin lips, straight lips
What is a human body Class 4?
Human Body and Health – Lesson for Class 4 The human body is a complex system which is made up of different systems. These different systems have their particular work that helps a body to be in a functional state. Let us discuss the various systems of the body-
View complete answer