Ways In Which Technology Is Impacting Education Sector?
Not Just A Cool New Thing: How Technology Improves Education – Apart from the argument that technology has negatively affected students’ learning schedules, edTech has been proved to be a helpful tool. Nowadays, the time that students invest in learning can be utilized in the best way possible since their growth is under their control thoroughly: either they can make efforts to stand out or let the opportunities go vain.
View complete answer
- 0.1 In what ways has technology impacted education?
- 0.2 Which is one of the challenges of technology in the education sector?
- 1 What is the impact of digital technology on education?
- 2 What are the factors that affect technology?
- 3 What are the factors that affecting during the selection of technology?
In what ways has technology impacted education?
The Impact of Technology on Student Learning – The use of technology has helped students and teachers create practical and easily-accessible teaching and learning environment. A very important technological impact on education is increased interactivity and class engagement.
View complete answer
How technology has improved the education sector?
The benefits of technology in education – Career preparation As advancements in technology drive digital transformation across the globe, teachers can use technology to deliver an education which helps students to acquire the necessary skills to succeed in their desired career paths.
- The consistent exposure of technology to students not only assists them with their future career choices but will also equip them with invaluable life skills for the 21 st century.
- Engagement From digital learning tools to social media, smartboards to AR, technology is playing a vital role to make classes livelier and increase student engagement.
Not only does technology increase engagement, add variety to lessons for students and increase delivery options for teachers, but these tools can also provide a fun, more inclusive learning environment and encourage collaboration within the class. Motivation Teachers are faced with a constant challenge to deliver the required curriculum to their students in a stimulating way that keeps pupils on task and motivated.
- A good way to do this is for students to have fun whilst learning.
- Educational technology provides a fun and stimulating opportunity for students while they are learning, which will also assist them with staying motivated in the classroom and at home.
- Learning needs With students having access to a wide array of educational technology at their fingertips, they can choose a platform, device or tool that is best suited to their individual learning needs.
This gives students a choice and enables them to select a type of tech that is going to best suit them, their preferred learning style and the way in which they like teaching to be delivered. The variety of educational technology available to teachers is vast.
Broadening skills and knowledge Acquiring new knowledge and learning new things are vital life skills. The use of educational technology enables learners to use tools and online programs to develop their knowledge and acquire new skills, all of which will be useful for future study, career paths and life.
Accessibility At the click of a button, tap of a mouse or voice command to a device, students can gain access to the required information with speed, ease and accuracy. Easy access to information is key in education, allowing students exposure to data and the ability to immerse themselves in user-friendly information to help them succeed.
View complete answer
What effect has technology made on the education today essay?
Essay on Effects of Technology on Education In contemporary society, technology plays a significant role in people’s lives. It is an era dominated by smartphones, tablets, computers, and other gadgets useful in communication, working and even shopping.
As evolution continues, education is one area that cannot be ignored as it aids teachers in lesson planning and assists students with research. Unlike to old times whereby one had to spend a significant amount of time in doing research, it has become so easy to find information at the fingertip, by just picking a phone and then use google, a search engine, to retrieve information of choice.
In this concept, it is no doubt that the literacy level and awareness are topnotch and life has been made easier. Therefore, this paper seeks to find out the chief merits associated with the use of technology in learning. Adoption of technology in education has enhanced innovation and creativity in students; thus positive learning outcome in most spheres of knowledge acquisition.
- POSITIVE EFFECTS Research The emergence of search engines such as google, smartphones, and computers have become part and parcel of researching schools.
- In this sense, finding answers to anything that may be mindboggling has become so easy.
- In short, answers to any query is often available.
- Notably, a student may find it hard to compile the necessary tools to tackle a given essay question or research topic.
However, schools have made it possible by including specific sites and access to the library has become simple (Lajoie 45). A student can access books and any research materials fast enough to help him do the assignment. Unlike old times when one had to physically go to the library and locate a book on the shelves manually, the emergence of technology has made everything simple and fast.
In this perspective, a student would only need Wi-Fi to access the internet and then retrieve material of choice. Need an essay assistance? Our professional writers are here to help you. Over time, schools have been wary of the source of information that students can use to research due to rampant materials available online.
To sort this problem, most schools, and teachers often advise students to stick to specific websites and platforms to find the right data for research. In this case, it is not possible to ignore the rogue information available online, which may mislead a student to write a wrong assignment.
Notably, in contemporary society, every student has access to a computer. Therefore, it is very easy to adopt the use of internet in all spheres of studying such as research and lessons. Also, still in research, those doing Doctorate and masters level of education find it easy to conduct surveys online through the use of social media.
In this case, they would identify the target audience and then conduct a questionnaire to collect the data (Tondeur et al.140). It saves, and it is an efficient way of finding the right information. In old times, one had to go to a place in person to conduct a study and collect the required data to accomplish a mission, which is not the case in contemporary society.
- It would be convenient to engage subjects of study online unless it is a case of medical examination where they must be involved physically.
- Globalization Various schools in different parts of the country, state, and globally can connect easily and merge activities without any problem.
- For example, the use of Skype and other video conferencing mechanisms have made it easy for students to communicate and socialize remotely.
In this case, notes and ideas can be shared easily (Collins, and Richard 34). A case whereby someone has a friend, sister, or brother located remotely in another country, it would be fast and easy for the two persons to share notes and talk easily to gauge the learning outcomes in different parts of the world.
In this sense, they do not have to travel often to share things, but they can do so easily and everywhere. It is undoubted that technology encourages globalization, and in global education, it interconnects different methods of teaching from various regions of the world to foster methods of teaching that can fortify worldwide teaching industries as well as enhancing international growth of environmental sustainability.
In this concept, teachers can organize the lesson plans that match the requirements. As a result, students are prepared for multinational leadership roles as they get learning experiences matching the global objectives. Technology aids in the space and time are breaking to allow ease of access.
- In this view, students can use advanced information technologies to engage with others in other regions.
- Both the learners and teachers can apply a wide range of asynchronous and synchronous activities to bridge the distance gap and attain the required learning outcome.
- In this concept, sharing is highly tipped as teachers can get the materials from other regions and match them with the ones offered locally.
In this sense, exploration is encouraged as learners at educators can access new materials globally to enhance the mode of education in their school. Notably, students would be in a position to appreciate diversity and the way of life in other parts of the world.
- Distance Education In the past, it was not easy taking correspondence courses as one had to find affiliate college nearby and present himself or herself physically to the school.
- However, things have changed with the emergence of technology.
- It is easy and simple to locate an institution of choice and then register online and begin classes remotely.
After enrolling in the course of this type, a student can receive lessons and learning materials through email or his or her and via assigned user account. It is convenient as everything is dispatched through the internet and learning can happen easily.
Some lessons may require video conferencing, and in such a situation a student can interact with his or her teacher remotely. Distance learning permits a person to fit work, education, and home life so well. In this sense, one can set the pace of study as it is one’s decision to make on where and how to plan a study process.
It is globally agreeable that one can earn his or her degree anywhere in the world. The distance learning often cost low as compared to a full-time degree. In this sense, one can save a lot of money for other things. Also, transferable skills in life such as planning and research are acquired as someone can plan his or her schedules devoid of control from teacher or interference of other students.
- On the whole, location is not an issue as one can gain a degree without any problem.
- However, it comes with a downside.
- A student will not be in a position to enjoy the social life on campus.
- Rubbing shoulders with other students is crucial for the growth of a person.
- In this viewpoint, a person does not enjoy the conviviality of staying around the campus and gaining the first-person experience on the way of life in university.
As a solution for loneliness, online contact with tutors is often promoted as a way of evading feeling of isolation. Also, online educators often offer dedicated support to solve the learner’s problems. Moreover, finding a valid friend is slim in most cases, and finding one may be almost impossible.
Through group forums and assignments offered online, a student may find the most suitable friend for life. Educational Games Technology is crucial in various aspect of learning. In younger grades, the children can learn quickly and grasp concepts faster with the use of computers. In contemporary society, computers are rampant and are present in almost every school.
Therefore, it is a necessity to have at least one in lower grade classes. Also, most schools have computer labs where children can learn with the use of computer games. The research has it that children can grasp the learning process presented in the form of gaming easily as compared to pure education (Schmid et al.280).
In this way, learning is made fun to them, and they can be taught basics of younger grades education such as counting and spelling. Furthermore, technologies have been employed in special education classes, especially for children with attentional, impulsivity, and hyperactivity disorders. In this case, the computer-assisted instruction (CAI) is used as a form of teaching to improve the learning outcome among the affected children.
Notably, CAI improves the social skills of such students with identified problems above, often classified as off-task activities. Also, it enhances precision among such students by reducing behavioral errors and off-task activities. In the final analysis, the computer-assisted instruction is helpful at improving the literacy level of students with attention deficit.
- In the same token, younger grade children can play games at a free time, but in a guided mode.
- It will then enhance their ability to know various computer-based skills and get used to it at an early stage.
- It is undoubted that computer games, if not controlled properly, it may negatively impact the children.
However, if used well, the positive impact is great, and the learning outcome is often enhanced. Also, the older students can use various computer games in the learning process to gain insight into specific learning outcome. In particular, the students in the medical industry often use simulation technologies, to operate complex situations (Rutten, Wouter, Joolingen, and Jan 139).
In this case, their skills are enhanced, and the experience can be replicated in real life. Web Seminars In this perspective, technologies offer a platform for students and teachers to attend seminars remotely and enhance their way of learning. Not every institution of learning can send out students to field trip on education matters.
Therefore, it is often economical to use web-based seminars to teach students in school and offer new insights on specific learning objectives. There may be museums and seminars organized by other institutions, which may be of significant learning opportunity.
In this case, a school would find it easier to provide coverage to students remotely. For example, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) offers a seminar to students through video conferencing to answer mindboggling questions concerning the universe and any related science. Furthermore, educators can organize seminars remotely on matters of education.
In this sense, schools can share insights and ideologies that can be useful in enhancing the outcome of education in schools. Web-based seminars are less costly, and every school can manage it. Therefore, it is a better way of saving while enhancing the learning outcome in the school.
- Also, cultural diversity is something crucial, and somehow, it may be hard to teach that in class.
- Therefore, linking with others remotely may be a certain method of learning the way of life of others.
- On the whole, it is crucial to learn the way of life of other people so that both students and learners can adopt the best teaching strategy that enhances international development towards environmental sustainability.
See how we can help you with our essay writing service. DRAWBACK It is undeniably true that the use of technology has a significant positive impact on education and research has been enhanced enormously. However, there are drawbacks associated with the adaptation of technology in the education process.
- If not monitored, there are explicit contents online, and students can access them easily.
- As a result, it may diminish the expected normal behavior of students.
- Also, teachers who cannot handle various technologies may be disadvantaged.
- Notably, the computer systems and software are subject to alterations on a daily basis, and this may make it expensive for students.
The manufacturers often require a person to purchase them before being given license and authority of use. Therefore, it becomes illogical for students to buy such products, especially when they do not have enough money to purchase it. CONCLUSION In sum, technology is essential in the learning process, and it makes the lives of students easier.
In the contemporary learning system, every student can learn and connect with others online with the use of internet and other technology-based learning materials. Technology use enhances the research process as it makes it faster and easy to do assignments. Second, it fosters globalization and sharing between students and teachers globally.
Third, distance education has been made possible as the learners can balance work, learning, and education at the same time. Therefore, it enhances autonomy and planning skills among the students. Fourth, web-based seminars have been encouraged. As a result, students and teachers can learn from museums and other organized educative conferences.
- Last, the concept of educational games has improved learning outcome among the students with attention deficit.
- In this view, the use of computer-assisted instructed has been noted to be useful at assisting the affected children in the education process.
- In as much as merits are enormous, drawbacks to technologies are associated with an expensive change in software and associated prices.
References Collins, Allan, and Richard Halverson. Rethinking education in the age of technology: The digital revolution and schooling in America, Teachers College Press, 2018. Lajoie, Susanne P., and Sharon J. Derry, eds. Computers as cognitive tools, Routledge, 2013.
- Rutten, Nico, Wouter R.
- Van Joolingen, and Jan T.
- Van Der Veen.
- The learning effects of computer simulations in science education.” Computers & Education 58.1 (2012): 136-153.
- Schmid, Richard F., et al.
- The effects of technology use in postsecondary education: A meta-analysis of classroom applications.” Computers & Education 72 (2014): 271-291.
Tondeur, Jo, et al. “Preparing pre-service teachers to integrate technology in education: A synthesis of qualitative evidence.” Computers & Education 59.1 (2012): 134-144. : Essay on Effects of Technology on Education
View complete answer
What are the 4 impacts of technology?
Impacts of technology > > Unit Through a range of real-world examples, students will learn how to identify the specific type of impact, i.e. legal, cultural, privacy, environmental, and ethical. They will then progress to identifying stakeholders who are impacted by technology, and learn how these impacts are experienced, negated, or adapted to. (DOCX, 87.5 KB) Updated: 27 Oct 2022 (PDF, 125 KB) Updated: 07 Jun 2021 (DOCX, 137 KB) Updated: 07 Jun 2021 (DOCX, 137 KB) Updated: 07 Jun 2021 Or email us at : Impacts of technology
View complete answer
Which is one of the challenges of technology in the education sector?
6. Unreliable Devices And Software – The lack of a strong infrastructure can also be compounded by a lack of reliable devices and software, all of which can present major barriers to the adoption of education technology. An unreliable device can simply be a notebook that doesn’t function properly, or it could be a bug causing students to have trouble accessing tests or staying logged in at school.
View complete answer
How modern technology affects education in the future?
More opportunities to collaborate – The opportunity to communicate and collaborate with other people is another amazing effect of technology in education. Years ago, students in classrooms were relatively isolated. As such, collaboration was very limited.
- Students can also read blog posts, view images and photos, send questions to the scientists through email, and even chat with them live.
- By using technology-based tools, you can collaborate with your coursemates on group projects.
- The walls of a classroom are no longer barriers to learning because technology has enabled new ways of communicating, working collaboratively, and learning.
What is the impact of digital technology on education?
Flexibility in Learning and Development – The introduction of digital learning allows educators to focus on the individual on their journey. It helps make it possible for a teacher to assess a student’s specific needs and change things if they simply aren’t working. Digital learning can also provide a better framework for educating children with things like Autism and ADHD,
View complete answer
What are the factors that affect technology?
Explore technological factors in a PESTLE analysis. Technological factors include production techniques, information and communication resources, production, logistics, marketing, and e-commerce technologies. These affect how an organisation operates, sells its products, interacts with, and gathers intelligence on customers, suppliers, and competitors.
View complete answer
What are the factors that affecting during the selection of technology?
These factors include cycle, time, quality, labour cost, scrap and rework capacity, market share and inventory. Figure-4 shows the results of the rates given to the factors associated to technology selection.
View complete answer