Why Is It Important To Graduate From High School?
From Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Education is about learning skills and knowledge, It also means helping people to learn how to do things and support them to think about what they learn. It is also important for educators to teach ways to find and use information. Education may help and guide individuals from one class to another. Educated people and groups can do things like help less-educated people and encourage them to get educated. A school class with a sleeping schoolmaster, oil on panel painting by Jan Steen, 1672
View complete answer
- 0.1 Why senior high school is important?
- 0.2 How do people feel when they graduate?
- 0.3 What is the best thing about being a senior in high school?
- 1 What are the negative effects of K to 12?
- 2 Why do you think it is important for a senior high school student to learn about research?
What is the importance of being a graduate?
December 2017 – Why graduate school? This is a question that many of us may contemplate as we consider the impact further education can have on our future endeavors. Whether you are seeking a new career path or are looking to advance your skills within your current profession, graduate school has a series of benefits that can take you to the next level.
Expands career opportunities: Within your current field or a new career. Intellectual exploration and development: Graduate school can help your overall cognitive development, as you are intellectually stimulated with more knowledge. Professional Development: Furthering your education enables you to be up-to-date with new research and findings within your field. Skill Development: Faculty will provide you with new tools as well as build on your existing skills, which can then be applied to your daily work. Recognition and credibility: Obtaining a graduate degree makes you more credible within your career and in turn increases your recognition as a working professional. Potential for promotion: Earning an advanced degree could qualify you for higher positions within your field of work. Financial gain: There is potential to earn a higher salary. Career change: Earning a graduate degree can also provide a gateway to a new career. One step closer to a doctoral level: After you receive a graduate degree, you will have the opportunity to go on to and receive a doctorate.
I was a student who was on the fence about getting a graduate degree, but I ultimately decided to further my education at Centenary because the classes were extremely convenient and could be built around my busy lifestyle. Classes are offered in multiple formats such as in-person only, online-only, or a combination of in-person and online.
- Centenary is the type of institution that delivers a high-quality education and focuses on preparing a pathway for each student’s future.
- I learned a lot from experienced faculty members who have been highly successful in their fields.
- Graduating in 2016 with my Master of Arts Degree in School Counseling paved that pathway for me as it opened many doors, afforded me various professional opportunities, and most importantly, allowed me to do what I truly enjoy.
If you are interested in learning more about Centenary University’s graduate programs, check out our graduate admissions FAQ page, and contact [email protected] or 877-236-4723 to discuss the next steps to earning your graduate degree.
View complete answer
Why senior high school is important?
Senior High School aims to prepare students before entering college, equipping them with the global skills, competencies, and knowledge needed to achieve successful career paths in the future.
View complete answer
What age do you graduate high school in America?
United States – The twelfth grade is the twelfth school year after kindergarten, It is also the last year of compulsory secondary education, or high school, Students are often 17–18 years old, and on rarer occasions, can be 19 years old. Twelfth graders are referred to as Seniors,
- Many students consider the twelfth grade, also known as the senior year of high school, a year to relax and prepare for the transition out of their old lives into college/university or the workplace.
- Others take advantage of the opportunity to complete additional higher-level courses, such as Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate, to earn credits for college/university.
Math courses normally include Precalculus, Trigonometry, Advanced Placement Calculus, Advanced Placement Statistics, or Probability, Science courses include Advanced Placement Chemistry, Advanced Placement Biology, Advanced Placement Environmental Science, or Advanced Placement Physics B, Advanced Placement Physics C: Mechanics, or Advanced Placement Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism,
Social Studies courses include Government, Economics, Advanced Placement United States Government and Politics, Advanced Placement Comparative Government and Politics, Advanced Placement Psychology, Advanced Placement European History, Advanced Placement United States History, Advanced Placement Microeconomics, or Advanced Placement Macroeconomics,
English classes include Advanced Placement English Literature and Composition, Film and Literature, Sports and Literature, or Contemporary Literature. Popular works studied include Beowulf, The Canterbury Tales, Pygmalion, The Handmaid’s Tale, Frankenstein, Othello, Inferno, Goethe’s Faust, Hamlet, and Brave New World, as well as works of Romantic poets such as Edgar Allan Poe, John Keats, William Wordsworth, and Emily Dickinson,
Art classes include Advanced Placement Art History, Advanced Placement Studio Art, Advanced Placement Music Theory, Applied art in Theatre, Music Theory For Garage Band Musicians, IB Musical Analysis, IB Theatre Arts, Advanced Technical Theatre, Advanced Photography, Advanced Ceramics, Fashion Design and Illustration, Theatre Dance, Jazz Dance, IB Dance Studies Madrigal Singers, Jazz Singers, or Wind Ensemble,
Technology classes include Advanced Placement Computer Science, Java, Advanced Web Design, and C++ Programming. Business classes include College Marketing, College Entrepreneurship, Sports and Entertainment Marketing, College Preparatory Interview Classes, and Advanced Fundamentals in Business.
View complete answer
How do people feel when they graduate?
The Ups and Downs of Graduation Graduation represents the culmination of a journey and the attainment of a goal. It is an exciting period in a person’s life and an array of feelings will surface for the graduate. While most people think of graduation as an exciting and wonderful marking event, many fail to recognize the other emotions evoked by this transition time.
- Graduation not only can bring up feelings of excitement, pride, and anticipation, but also those of loss, discouragement, and fear.
- Feelings of loss are commonly felt by students as they face a multitude of changes in their lives.
- One would not expect to feel sad during a time typically thought of as a joyful period in one’s life.
However, as students approach this transition time, they are often leaving behind friends and the familiarity of campus life. It is not surprising then that as students graduate, they often experience intense grief and loss. As graduation day approaches, students are faced with an array of decisions.
- It is not uncommon for students to not only question their future path, but also to ponder on the past years spent in the university.
- Sometimes people wonder if they have chosen the “right major” and a field that best suits their interests.
- In addition, students grapple with the uncertainty of the future and often ask themselves questions such as “what do I want to do?”, “how to find a job?”, “where do I want to live?”, “should I attend graduate school?”, and “how will I be able to start paying off my loans?” In thinking over one’s past and planning for the future, feelings of discouragement and even despair may surface.
Graduation marks the ending of a structured period in one’s life. During the past four+ years, students experienced some certainty in their lives. Routines were often established (eg. class schedules, best study hours, study partners, etc,) It is not surprising then that as students leave behind this structured time period, they feel fearful when faced with an ambiguous and uncertain future.
- In sum, graduation can be a stressful period in one’s life.
- Whenever change occurs (even change that is viewed as positive), people typically experience stress.
- In addition, people in the graduate’s life often convey the expectation that the graduate should feel excited and joyful.
- The graduate often does not receive the message that a whole spectrum of feelings may surface prior to, on, and after graduation.
How can one cope with the overwhelming feelings that are evoked by graduation? First, it is important to expect that emotions will come up – not all of these will be feelings of happiness! Second, express your feelings to someone else. Talk to a friend, a parent, a sibling, or someone in your life who can hear how you are feeling.
View complete answer
What is the best thing about being a senior in high school?
1. Taking important classes – It is a common misconception that seniors do not need to take anymore of the “important” classes, leaving them to only focus on fun electives. While it does vary by high school how many core classes a senior will need to take, you definitely are going to have to sign up for some of the more serious classes.
- One major benefit of senior year is that students typically have the opportunity to take additional courses, such as AP or college-credit classes through local colleges or universities.
- Classes such as these are helpful as they can help clear up your freshman year of college schedule.
- Or, if you would rather, take a class you have simply always had your eye on.
Check with your high school to see the opportunities available. You never know what you may discover! Keep an open mind and perhaps you will come across a subject within your future career.
View complete answer
What are the negative effects of K to 12?
What Are the Disadvantages of K to 12 Program in the Philippines? – While the K to 12 program in the Philippines is aimed to help improve the quality of education in the Philippines and produce better skilled students for maximum employability, K to 12 has also been bombarded with criticisms, mainly on the financial ability of Filipinos to support their children through three additional years of school.
Under the current setup, two more years of school means thousands more in expenses. And under the K to 12 Program, which requires students to choose one of three SHS tracks in their curriculum, things are about to get pricier. Since it was signed into law, there have been five petitions and counting from students, teachers and parents claiming that the new K to 12 educational program will, among other issues, aggravate the financial situation of Filipino families and force millions to drop out of school.
Unfortunately, this additional financial burden also forces thousands or even millions of students to drop out of school due to additional educational expenses. As much as this educational development can help students, Filipino parents and families are ill-equipped.
In the third petition filed by the National Union of People’s Lawyers they say that “The K to 12 Program is no ordinary government program. It is set to redefine access to education, especially for the poor who must spend for additional years of education. It unduly burdens the exercise of the human right to education.” In a study done by youth solon Kabataan Party-List (KPL), students who are going to be entering senior high school will need to access as much as PHP200,000 for the next two additional years.
Computing the food and transportation allowance of average students of P100 to P150 for 200 school days, families will need to produce around P20,000 to P30,000 annually. Meanwhile, calculating the cost of school supplies and other miscellaneous expenses, such as uniforms and workbooks, based on Department of Trade and Industry data and case studies from Araullo High School, KPL estimates another P10,000 burden for parents brought on by the K to 12 program.
But aside from the additional expenses, the financial issue may further be aggravated since not all public high schools will be able to offer senior high school education. According to DepEd data, almost half of public schools around the country will not be implementing SHS courses due to the lack of classrooms and teachers.
In fact, less than half, or 3,839, out of 7,976 public high school nationwide will implement SHS courses, according to the DepEd’s list of K to 12 program-ready schools. To graduate from senior high, public-school students may be forced to transfer to private schools or public schools that are farther from their residences.
View complete answer
Why do you think it is important for a senior high school student to learn about research?
5 Reasons Why High School Students Should Research For many students, research is something which is done by people who are scholars, professionals working in labs, scientists, and other researchers. Well, this is certainly not true! In today’s modern world, research plays a key role in ensuring that students are well aware of certain concepts and are interested in exploring the unexplored areas. If you also want to be a pro at research and know its importance, here are some reasons that will amaze you- It is fascinating: When high school students indulge in research activity, it makes them think differently on various topics with a new perspective.
- It enables students to think critically, enhance their problem-solving skills, and know more about the technical aspects of different fields.
- It can set you apart: Many schools have started implementing blended learning where both teachers and students are equally involved.
- Teachers involve students in different activities which ultimately include research on various projects.
Students get a chance to showcase their research skills by presenting case studies, giving presentations, and doing activities in an online class or physical classroom. Therefore, this approach can set students apart from other candidates. It expands your knowledge: In high school, many students often get confused about courses, universities, and their future.
However, if students have strong research skills, they can resolve their problems easily. The process of Research helps them in enhancing their thinking pattern and opens new opportunities for learning and implementing them in their life. It gives you the latest information: Some students are born curious; they love to question everything they see or notice.
Being inquisitive is a good sign and it shows that you have a habit of keeping up with the trend in any field that interests you. Research gives you a way to strengthen your knowledge, you get to know about what is being evolved, get accuracy of facts and the impact of external and internal factors.
With the help of research, students can share their opinions or views while interacting with their friends, peers or groups. It introduces new ideas: Ideas never come with a blink of an eye, it requires a proper knowledge and understanding of a specific topic. Students can generate ideas only if they have effective research skills.
Good research skills are only possible when students read a lot, make notes, and can put their thoughts into it. In conclusion, there are many advantages one can grab when it comes to research. If you’re a high school student and still haven’t thought about developing research skills, then you might want to look at these points.
It will not only help you in developing your knowledge but makes you unique as an individual. Got any queries? If you have any questions regarding profile building, choosing a career, universities, internships, student club, scholarships and much more, you can reach out to us at [email protected],
We would be happy to answer any queries you may have. : 5 Reasons Why High School Students Should Research
View complete answer