How To Get A Girlfriend At School?
Download Article Download Article Getting a high school girl to date you can be tricky. To get her to like you, you have to make a great impression, keep her hooked, and ask her out with the right amount of confidence. But don’t be intimidated — if you play your cards right and follow these easy steps, you’ll have a high school girl as your girlfriend in no time.
- 1 Stand out. This is the first step to getting the girl’s attention. If you look or act like everyone else, you won’t catch her eye. This doesn’t mean that you should go out of your way to do weird things or to wear neon, but it does mean that you should take a chance and be original when you can. Here’s how to do it:
- Impress her with your wit. If you’re in a class or a social situation, make a witty comment while everyone else is still thinking to show her how sharp and funny you are.
- Wow her with your charm. Learn how to be smooth when you talk to anyone, whether it’s your English teacher or your shy lab partner. Being charming means being able to talk to anyone and make people feel at ease no matter what, and if you do that, she will be impressed.
- Focus on being playful and light-hearted by smiling, waving, and/or winking. That kind of behavior and attitude really allows people to disarm and open up.
- Be a jack of all trades. If you’re a history buff, lacrosse star, and the lead of the school play, she will notice you. Obviously you can’t do everything, but the more active you are in school, the likely she’ll be to run into you and be impressed by your skills.
- Don’t stand out in a bad way. If you’re the kid who always gets detention or talks back to his teachers, she may find you amusing, but she will not see you as boyfriend material.
- 2 Don’t act confident — be confident. Let’s face it. High school is not a time when people are at their most confident. Not only is your body and voice changing, but you’re walking around filled with confusing hormones and new emotions, while trying to balance your school work and navigating a tricky social arena.
- Take the time to look good. This doesn’t mean spending hours gelling your hair or grinning in front of the mirror. Just make sure to take regular showers, style your hair, and wear clothes that flatter your body and show off your style. Oh, and make sure to wear pants that actually fit you.
- Pursue your interests. Seriously. No matter how “nerdy” you may feel your real interests may be, if you’re really passionate about something, you will make it cool. Don’t try out for the football team just because that’s what all of your friends are doing if you’d rather play golf, or join the French club. She won’t be impressed by you if you look like a follower. Followers do not have confidence.
- Don’t be afraid to be enthusiastic. Though you may think real confidence is looking too cool for school and slouching in your seat in the back of the class, real confidence means wanting to learn and being excited by the world. If you’re interested in something in class, ask questions. She’ll be impressed that you’re so comfortable with who you are that you do whatever you want.
- Address your flaws. Part of being confident means knowing you’re not perfect. Everyone in high school has plenty of growing to do, and that’s natural. If you know you need to work on being more sensitive or a better friend, then do it.
- 3 Be fun. Girls want to have fun, and they don’t want to be with a guy who is dark or mopey. Though you can’t have a smile on your face all the time and high school can be rough, make it look like you’re having a good time, and pretty soon you’ll actually start having a good time and she’ll want to join you. Here’s how to do it:
- Be friends with everyone. Though navigating high school cliques can be tricky and you can’t be a part of every friend group, you should take the time to get to know a variety of people. This will show the girl that you’re friendly and don’t care about the status of the people that you talk to, and that you’re a versatile person.
- Drop the haters. Don’t hang out with dudes who are mean to women, or who pick on the uncool kids. Girls are completely turned off by that, and you should avoid hanging out with haters or you’ll look like one too.
- Always be laughing. Laugh and smile as much as you can. If you’re surrounded by a force field of positive energy, the girl of your dreams will gravitate toward you.
- 1 Start hanging out with her during school. Once the girl has noticed you, it’s time to kick your game up a notch by paying her more attention. You should still play it cool and act like you’re not too eager to hang out with her, but slowly start showing her that you think she’s a cool chick during school. Here’s how you can do it:
- Make sure you give her plenty of space and distance so she doesn’t feel like her personal space is being invaded.
- Stop to chat at her locker. Say “hey” and ask where her next class is. Make it look like you’re just passing by. You can make her laugh by saying, “Mind if I check my hair?” and squinting into her locker mirror.
- Start walking with her in the halls. Everyone knows that one major role of the high school boyfriend is walking his girl from class to class, even if it’s the classes are miles apart. If you’re in the same class, walk with her to the next one, and make her laugh as you’re getting there. You can play it cool and say goodbye to get to your own class halfway through. Just give her a taste of how awesome it would be to have you as a boyfriend.
- Charm her in class. Be smooth by knowing all the answers to your teacher’s questions without being a know-it all. Make your classmates snicker from time to time without being a class clown. Look over at her to see her reaction.
- Focus on getting to know her as a person without pushing anything on her. If she feels like you’re approaching her with an agenda, she might not be interested.
- 2 Catch her eye at school events. Whether you’re at the school play or the school dance, there are a few ways to show her she’s special and make her want to hang out with you. You should find a balance between playing hard to get and putting all your cards on the table. Here’s how to do it:
- If you see her at the school play or talent show, ask her how she likes it. Show her that her opinion matters to you. Don’t linger too long — just long enough to make her wish you’d stay.
- If you’re at the school dance, come up to her and dance like a goofball and then look very serious when you ask her if she likes your moves. If she’s really into it, you can ask her to dance.
- If you’re in the same club or do the same sport, ask her how she is without fawning all over her.
- 3 Get her hooked after school. If you see the girl at a party or at the mall, that may be your best chance to isolate her a bit and make her see that you’d be the best boyfriend ever. Once you’re away from school property, you can relax a bit and let loose, and show her who you really are without being so worried about what everyone else is thinking.
- If you run into her at the mall, ask what stores she went to. If she has a bag, ask her what she got and tell her you bet it’ll look great on her. Bonus points if you say something when you see her rocking the sweater she showed you in school.
- If you run into her at the movies, ask her what she saw or what she’s seeing. Give your opinion on a recent movie you saw. Just avoid saying that everything sucks.
- If you see her at a party, chat her up. But don’t talk to her all night. Talk to a few other girls to show you can hang with anyone. Just don’t flirt with anyone else so much that she doesn’t feel special.
- 1 Ask her out on a date. In high school, once you start going on dates with a girl, it basically means she’s your girlfriend, but you still have to play it cool when you ask her out. If she says yes, it doesn’t mean she’s your girlfriend — she’s just trying you out as boyfriend material. So when you do go on a date with her, you better be your best self. Here’s what you do:
- Be romantic. Get her flowers, open doors, and give her your coat if it’s even a little cold. High school guys can be a bit dense, so you may be the first guy to treat her this kindly.
- Don’t be afraid to compliment her. You don’t have to shower her with affection when you first see her, but you should definitely say, “You look nice tonight.” You can even compliment her clothes or jewelry. She obviously spent a lot of time trying to look her best and will appreciate your comments.
- Catch her interest. Unless you’re sitting in a movie, you’ll have to strike up an interesting conversation. Come prepared with a few interesting things to say, whether it’s related to one of her interests, your family, or just something funny that happened in school. Avoid putting people down or saying everything is lame.
- Take her somewhere that makes her feel special. Take her on a cute mini-golfing date and then go out for ice cream. If there’s a new fancy restaurant in town, take her there if it’s her thing. If she really wanted to go to the movies and local restaurant, fine. But treat it like a real date and try paying for everything if she lets you.
- Always make her feel special. Without sounding like an interviewer, you should ask her about her interests, her friends, her family, and her opinion on a variety of subjects.
- Turn your phone OFF during this time.
- 2 Ask her to be your girlfriend. You can ask her at the end of the date, after your first kiss, or a little while after your first date. Once she’s ready, you should ask her, because you don’t want her think you’re just a player who wants to hook up. As soon as the moment feels right and you’re alone, you can pop the question.
- Make sure you’re somewhere quiet, where your friends or her friends can’t hear you.
- Lock eyes. Turn your body toward her to show she has your complete attention.
- Be simple. Just say, “I really like spending time with you,” or “I’ve never met someone like you before.” Then say, “Will you be my girlfriend?”
- Do not have your friends ask her to be your girlfriend. This isn’t middle school. You’re in the big leagues now.
- 3 React like a gentleman. Whether she wants to be your girlfriend or out-right rejects you, you should act like the confident, mature person you have been throughout your friendship. If she says yes, you can hug her or even kiss her and say it makes you so happy. But if she turns you down, you have to take it well or you’ll look like a big jerk.
- If she says yes, have a mini-celebration. You don’t have to do a little fist-pumping dance, but you can show her how much you care about her.
- If she says no, don’t sweat it. Just say, “All right. You can’t blame me for trying.” End with a compliment and wish her luck. High school is all about finding the kind of girl you really like, and though she may seem like the only decent girl around, your high school or town is filled with amazing girls. Now that you’ve had some experience trying to get a girl, it’ll only be easier to find someone who really wants to be your girlfriend.
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
- Whether you’re going for a bad boy look, or cleaner look, you don’t have to look grungy — bad boys can look hot and be clean too. Bad boys are rebels but not rebels against soap! Look hot and dangerous and make sure your hair is silky smooth that girls would want to run their fingers through it instead of worrying that their hands would get stuck in your hair forever.
- Confidence is sexy, but there is a thin line between confidence and cockiness.
- Look good, but don’t be vain. Girls love to talk about themselves too but not when you’re too busy fixing your hair in the mirror.
Show More Tips Advertisement Article Summary X To get a girlfriend in high school, find ways to talk to the girl you like, like stopping to talk at her locker and asking where her next class is or asking her about an assignment in class. You can also try to make her laugh by making jokes or goofing around with your friends, but remember to show her that you can be serious, too.
View complete answer
How to get a girlfriend at the age of 14?
Download Article Download Article When you’re a teenager, it can seem hard to get a girlfriend, especially if you’ve never had one before. Luckily, by projecting confidence, building a friendship with a girl, and being straightforward when you ask her out, you might just find yourself with a girlfriend before you know it!
- 1 Show her you’re self-assured by standing up straight and making eye contact. Even if you don’t feel super confident, you can seem like you do by practicing good posture and looking the girl in the eye when you talk to her. This will project assurance, sending the message that you are someone she should get to know.
- Confidence is good, but being cocky will push girls away.
- 2 Smile when she’s around. The simple act of smiling can make you feel more at ease when you’re around the girl you like. In addition, it can actually make you happier. Smiling sends feel-good chemicals through your brain, relaxes your body, and lowers your heart rate.
- Smiling also causes an unconscious in other people, making them more likely to smile.
- 3 Practice good hygiene every day. Girls are more likely to be attracted to someone who has a clean, well-kept appearance. Shower every day, keep your nails groomed, use deodorant or antiperspirant each day, and brush your teeth twice a day.
- Good hygiene is important for more reasons than just getting a date. It can also promote good health throughout the course of your life.
- If you like, spritz on a little perfume or cologne at when you’re getting dressed, but don’t go overboard with it, because it can be overwhelming.
- 4 Wear clothes that flatter you. You don’t have to wear the most expensive designer clothes to look good. Just wear clean, unwrinkled clothes that fit you comfortably and make you feel good about yourself.
- Even if you don’t have a lot of money to go shopping, you can pick clothes from your closet that fit you well, then ask for clothes or gift cards for your birthday and holidays.
- 5 Find out if she likes girls if you’re a girl. If you’re a girl and you’re interested in a same-sex relationship, it can be hard to know how to find someone to date. If you’re not sure whether she’s gay, try asking mutual friends, pay attention to whether or not she flirts with you, or just ask her.
- For a subtle way to ask her if she likes girls, try saying something like, “So, do you have a boyfriend?”
- Signs that she’s flirting with you might include seeming really excited whenever you’re around, finding excuses to touch you or be near you, or smiling whenever she looks at you. However, these could also mean she sees you as a dear friend, so take your time to be sure before you make a move.
- 1 Introduce yourself if you don’t already know the girl. This will show her that you’re confident and that you are interested in her. It might seem a little scary to be the first one to break the ice, but take a few deep breaths and remember that you have to talk to her if she’s ever going to be your girlfriend.
- Try asking her a question or for a small favor as a way of striking up a conversation. For instance, if you’re in class, you could say something like, “Hi, I’m Jess. Do you have a pencil I can borrow?”
- 2 Make small talk, Once you’ve introduced yourself, try to work your way into a light-hearted conversation. Ask her a question, talk about school, or chat about something that’s going on around you. The conversation doesn’t have to go on too long, but it will let her know you noticed her.
- Stay away from serious topics like politics, religion, or anything too sad, at least at first.
- 3 Make her laugh. If you can make a girl laugh, she’ll be more likely to want to spend time around you. Try telling jokes, make fun of yourself (but not too much), and find plenty of reasons to laugh a lot yourself.
- When you get to know her better, send her funny texts or memes to make her laugh.
- If something funny happens around the two of you, turn it into an inside joke and make references to it at unexpected times.
- 4 Ask her questions about herself. Over time, as you’re talking to the girl you like, ask her questions that will help you get to know her better, Ask her about her friends, her pets, what kind of music she likes, or anything else you’re curious about. As you’re talking, tell her things about yourself too. Just don’t monopolize the conversation by talking about yourself the whole time.
- Try asking her a question like, “How do you spend your time on the weekend?” to find out what she likes to do when she’s not at school.
- You could also ask her something like, “What’s your favorite class?”
- 5 Listen to her when she’s talking. Show her that you’re paying attention by nodding and giving her feedback while she talks, like “Wow!” or “I didn’t know that.” Try to see things from her point of view, which will make you more engaged in the conversation. In addition, showing empathy can make you more likely to get a girlfriend.
- Listening to what she has to say is the best way to find out if you and she are compatible.
- It will also show that you are interested in what she thinks, which she’ll appreciate.
- 1 Spend time around her. There’s no need to rush directly into asking her out. Play it cool and hang out together for awhile to develop a strong friendship. In addition to giving you a chance to get to know her better, she will also get to know you, giving her the chance to decide if she likes you.
- If you go to school together, try to hang out between classes or at lunch.
- Outside of school, try to hang out as part of a group so it will be low-key and relaxed.
- 2 Do things she wants to do. While inviting her to hang out with you doing the things you like can be fun, it’s important that she gets to pick what you guys do sometimes too. This will show her that you’re versatile, that you respect her as an equal, and that you value her relationships.
- For instance, if she meets up with you and your friends for a pizza night, take her up on the offer if she invites you to go with her and her friends to the movies.
- 3 Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not. You’re unique, and if you want a girlfriend, she should appreciate you for exactly who you are. Focus on your talents and what makes you special, and let her get to know the real you.
- If you pretend to be someone else and the girl you like finds out, she probably won’t trust you, and she may not want to take the time to find out who you really are.
- It can be hard to be vulnerable around someone else, but take your time and slowly open up to her. She’ll most likely appreciate getting to see a different side of you.
- 4 Give her thoughtful compliments, You don’t want to overdo this, since it especially during the friendship phase, but if you notice something you really like about her, let her know. It might be a good grade she got on a test, a dress that makes her look especially pretty, or a new haircut.
- You could also compliment some of her character traits, like how she’s always nice, even to the unpopular kids.
- Avoid complimenting her body, as this could make her feel uncomfortable.
- 5 Flirt with her. It’s important to build a genuine friendship with the girl you like, but if you want to know if she might be interested in dating you, try flirting with her. Make eye contact with her when you’re talking, look for excuses to brush your hand against hers, and keep your arms uncrossed and your posture relaxed when she’s around to show your interest.
- The more you get to know her, the more obvious your flirtation can be.
- Give her some space if she doesn’t seem to be open to your flirtations. For instance, if she shows signs that she doesn’t want to be touched, back off physically so you don’t make her uncomfortable.
- 1 Look for clues that she’s interested, As you’re flirting with the girl you like, pay attention to how she reacts. If she seems receptive to your attention, like blushing or smiling at you when you compliment her, she might be interested. If she rolls her eyes or doesn’t seem like she enjoys being around you, you should probably find someone else to spend time around.
- Touch her arm, hand, or shoulder, and see how she reacts. If she pulls away, she might feel uncomfortable. However, if she leaves your hand where it is, she may be interested.
- If she does pull away from you, respect her physical space and don’t try to touch her again unless you’re sure she wants you to.
- 2 Choose the right time to ask her out. The best time to ask a girl out is when the two of you are alone in a quiet place with few distractions. This way, she’ll be able to really focus on what you’re saying.
- If she’s feeling stressed out or distracted, or if there are a lot of other people around, wait for a better time.
- 3 Ask her to be your girlfriend. Exactly how and when you do this is up to you, but it’s best to be straightforward. Try looking into her eyes and thinking about what really makes her special to you. Then, tell her that, and ask her if she’d like to be your girlfriend.
- Don’t assume she’ll know what you mean. Be clear about what you’re asking.
- You may want to ask her on a date before you ask her to be your girlfriend, or you may even want to go on several dates first. On the other hand, you might choose to ask her to be your girlfriend first, and then take her on a date. Do what feels most natural to you.
- 4 Set up the time for a special date if she says yes. You may want to have a few ideas for a date planned ahead of time, so if she says yes, you’ll be ready with a suggestion. Think about what she likes to do, and plan your date around that.
- Even if you don’t have a lot of money, you can still plan a memorable date that she’ll love.
- For example, if she really likes romantic gestures, ask her if she’d like to go on a picnic in the park.
- Other options might be to cook dinner for her, go to a football game together, or attend a dance she’s been looking forward to.
- 5 Respect her opinion if she says no. Unfortunately, even if you do everything right, there’s no guarantee that someone else will be interested in dating you. Rejection can be really hard to deal with, but try to accept it gracefully.
- If she says no, try to say something like, “I understand, it’s okay. I’ll see you at lunch tomorrow,” even if you’re feeling really upset. That way she knows she doesn’t have to feel uncomfortable around you.
- Just because this girl wasn’t the one doesn’t mean you’re unlovable. Keep looking, and you’ll find the right person for you.
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement Article Summary X If you’re a teen and you want to get a girlfriend, try to find a girl who has common interests with you, since you’ll always have something to talk about.
View complete answer
Is it OK to have a gf at 13?
Should You Be Concerned? – The first time you hear your tween mention that they are “dating” someone, can be a little unnerving, but developing a romantic interest in another person is a normal part of growing up. During the tween years, your child is going through a lot of changes.
Aside from going through puberty, they may develop new interests, change their style of dress, and even start hanging out with new friends. Unless you notice warning signs for unhealthy behaviors, you generally have nothing to worry about. Your tween’s identity is being shaped during this timeframe and they may try out different things until they discover who they are.
For this reason, many tween dating relationships are superficial in the beginning as they discover who they are. Tweens tend to pick their boyfriend or girlfriend based on the person’s looks, clothes, and/or social status. And, if you 12-year-old or 13-year-old has no interest in dating, don’t worry.
View complete answer
Is dating at 14 okay?
One-to-One Dating – At what age are children old enough to date “solo”? Not before they’re thirty-five. Preferably forty. Many of us feel that way when we imagine our son or daughter disappearing into the night arm in arm with a young lady or a young man.
As a general guideline, Dr. Eagar advises not allowing single dating before age sixteen. “There’s an enormous difference between a fourteen- or fifteen-year- old and a sixteen- or seventeen-year-old in terms of life experience,” he says. You might add or subtract a year depending on how mature and responsible your youngster is.
Community standards might be a consideration. Are other parents letting their teens date yet?
View complete answer
Is relationship at 14 ok?
It can be scary to find out that your child has started dating for the first time, and you may be wondering what this should look like—or whether it’s even okay in the first place. Rest assured that it’s totally normal for a 14-year-old to be interested in dating, and this is a healthy, important part of growing up.
View complete answer
How can I date a girl?
Download Article Download Article Going on dates with girls is fun and exciting, but it can also be nerve-wracking! Just remember that everyone gets nervous on dates, and the important thing is to be yourself, have fun, and see if there’s a connection (if there’s not, no biggie—there are plenty of fish in the sea).
- 1 Project confidence. One of the most attractive qualities to women is palpable confidence. Girls will be interested in you if you seem to have a lot going on: you’re involved in activities, you have friends, you speak your opinion, and you have long-term goals.
- Confidence can stem from a lot of places. You don’t have to be a basketball star to attract a girl; just get involved in something that shows you at your best. What activity allows you to shine?
- There’s a big difference between confidence and arrogance. Confident people are admired by others for their talent, but also their grace and humility. If you’re confident in yourself, you won’t find the need to brag about it.
- 2 Be genuine. Don’t pretend to be someone you aren’t – girls will be able to see right through it. There’s nothing wrong with reading up on a band you know a girl likes so you can have a conversation about it later, but don’t pretend you know how to play the guitar unless you’re prepared to play her a song at a moment’s notice. Be real, and you won’t have to lie. Advertisement
- 3 Present yourself well. Every girl has different preferences, or “types,” but don’t worry too much about trying to wear all the latest trends. Dress appropriately for the situation – no sleeveless shirts at a martini bar, for example – and don’t overdo it with the cologne. If you show up to a party dressed at your personal best and feeling confident, you’ll act that way – and there’s a good chance the girl you’re trying to impress will forget she even has a type.
- 1 Don’t dwell too much on a girl’s appearance. Everyone likes receiving compliments, especially when they’ve obviously gone out of their way to dress up and look good, but that shouldn’t be the main topic of conversation. Give the girl you’d like to date a chance to be more than the cute dress and heels she’s wearing.
- Especially avoid making sexual comments about a girl’s appearance when you’re trying to date her. Stick to tasteful comments about her clothes, hair, or smile.
- 2 Be a sincere conversationalist. Avoid pick up lines, because they don’t sound sincere. When you’re talking to a girl, say something you actually mean. When she responds, don’t just pretend to listen, really listen, and try to move the conversation to a place that feels “real.”
- Of course, the conversation should be appropriate for the setting. If you’re in a noisy bar, the girl you’re chatting up might not be in the mood to talk about personal or philosophical subjects. Still, it should be possible to say something meaningful about the music, the crowd, or the feel of the evening that shows her you’re enjoying the moment with her.
- 3 Let her get comfortable. When you’ve just met a girl and you want to ask her on a date, it’s very important that she feels comfortable being herself with you. Enjoy her quirks and unique qualities, and try not to be judgmental.
- If you say something critical, even in jest, it could come off the wrong way and make her close up.
- Ask a lot of questions and follow up with comments that let her know you’re listening and care about what she’s saying.
- Joke around to keep things fun, but avoid making fun of the girl, her friends, her family, or anything else that hurt her feelings this early in the game.
- 1 Put effort into your first date. Take her somewhere special. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but it should be clear you put some thought into it. Share your favorite restaurant with her, or take her to a beautiful scenic spot for a picnic. If you know she likes a particular sports team, buy tickets to a game.
- 2 Don’t get too nervous. Don’t focus too much on the structure of the date. Instead, try to genuinely have a good time getting to know someone you’ve recently met. Think about all you have to learn about her, and all she has to learn about you. If you enjoy her company now, chances are she’s enjoying yours, too.
- 3 Get physical. Whether you place your hand on her back while you’re waiting in line for tickets, hold hands during a movie, or go back to your place after dinner, some kind of physical touch will increase the intimacy you feel with the girl you’re dating. Just make sure it’s all consensual.
- 1 Call her when you say you will. If you ended your first date with a promise to call, follow up within the next few days.
- If you reflected on the date and realize you’re no longer interested, give her the courtesy of letting her know you don’t think it’s going to work out.
- If you want to continue the relationship, don’t play hard to get. Be consistent in your communication.
- 2 Introduce her to your friends. Once you’ve gone on a few dates, a great way to get to know each other better is to introduce the girl you’re interested in to your friends. If they hit it off, you might be encouraged to take the relationship to a deeper level.
- 3 Throw in some surprises. Consistency is important when you’re dating, but you should also throw in some romantic surprises. The surprises will depend on the personality of the girl – maybe she’d love it if you cooked dinner for her, sent her flowers at work, or planned a fun weekend trip. She’ll be impressed by your thoughtfulness if you mix it up sometimes.
Add New Question
- Question How do I ask a girl out on a date? Collette Gee Relationship Coach & Certified Violence Prevention Specialist Collette Gee is a Relationship Coach, Certified Violence Prevention Specialist, the Author of “Finding Happily No Rules, No Frogs, No Pretending.” Focusing on creating meaningful romantic relationships, Collette uses her experience having worked in the mental health industry as a psych nurse to conduct relationship coaching, online courses, and workshops to help women and men find lasting love. Relationship Coach & Certified Violence Prevention Specialist Expert Answer
- Question How can I be romantic with a girl I’m dating? Collette Gee Relationship Coach & Certified Violence Prevention Specialist Collette Gee is a Relationship Coach, Certified Violence Prevention Specialist, the Author of “Finding Happily No Rules, No Frogs, No Pretending.” Focusing on creating meaningful romantic relationships, Collette uses her experience having worked in the mental health industry as a psych nurse to conduct relationship coaching, online courses, and workshops to help women and men find lasting love. Relationship Coach & Certified Violence Prevention Specialist Expert Answer
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
- If you’re having trouble finding people to date in the same old spots, try something new – joining clubs, volunteering, or playing a coed sport is a great way to meet people.
- Try not to be too picky about who you date. Give people the same benefit of the doubt you’d like them to give you.
- Online dating is another great way to make new connections.
Make sure the girl you’re dating or planning to date isn’t already going out with someone else. You don’t want to get in trouble with a potentially jealous partner.
Advertisement Article Summary X To date a girl, take her somewhere special, such as your favorite restaurant or a scenic picnic spot, so she can see that you put some thought into it. Wear nice clothes that make you feel confident so you’ll look and feel your best.
- Once you arrive for the date, ask her questions about the things she likes, to show you’re interested and keep the conversation flowing.
- For example, if she mentions she likes rock music, ask something like, “Do you go to many shows? What’s the best band you’ve seen live?” When you talk about yourself, be honest instead of trying to impress her, since girls prefer guys that are genuine.
For more tips, including how to follow up with a girl after your date, read on! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 959,654 times.
View complete answer
Does she have a crush on me?
Download Article Download Article It isn’t always easy to tell whether or not a girl has a crush on you. Some girls are very obvious about it and flirt, giggle, and blush whenever they’re around you. Other girls are more shy and more subtle about revealing their true feelings.
- Catching her staring at you is the biggest sign she has a crush. Look for other telltale cues like blushing, giggling, or making excuses to be together.
- Listen carefully to what she says—if she asks you about your crushes or talks about how she wants a boyfriend, she’s dropping you some hints.
- The best way to know for sure is to just ask her! Speak calmly and play it cool whether she has a crush on you or not.
- 1 Try to catch her staring at you. This one is a giveaway. If you look across the room in class or at a party and catch her looking right at you, then she may have a crush on you. If she sees that you’ve noticed her staring and looks away and blushes, or gives you a little smile, then she may be acknowledging that she may like you.
- Just don’t be too obvious about trying to catch her staring at you, or she may think that you’re the one staring at her.
- 2 See if she blushes around you – a lot. This is another sign that she may have a crush on you. If every time you walk by or talk to her, you find her turning red or getting flustered, then this may be a sign that she likes you and is shy and embarrassed about talking to you or saying the wrong thing.
- Just make sure she’s not the kind of girl who blushes whenever she talks to any guy – she could just be shy around guys.
- 3 See if she giggles a lot around you. A lot of girls giggle a lot around the guys they like because crushes make them feel a bit giddy and lightheaded just for being around the guy that they like. If you find the girl always giggling or laughing a lot around you, even if you’ve barely said anything funny, then she may like you.
- Next time you talk to her, see how much she laughs. Try a small joke and see if she laughs way too much – this may mean that she has feelings for you.
- 4 See how her friends act when she passes by. A girl’s friends can tell you a lot about how she feels about you without saying much. Next time the girl walks by with her friends in the halls, see if the friends giggle when they see you, elbow her, or just nod in your direction, trying to tell the girl that you’re around.
- If the girl’s friends always greet you with a knowing smile, then they may be telling you that the girl likes you.
- 5 See if she looks for excuses to hang out. If the girl has a crush on you, then she may want to be around you as much as possible. If she likes you, she may be looking for excuses to hang out, like asking for help with her math homework, or even asking you to see a movie or to go to a concert with you. She could be very casual when she asks you to hang out to hide the fact that she likes you.
- If you’re in the same social circle, but she’s been around a lot more lately, then it may be because she has a crush on you.
- 6 See if she pays more attention to her looks around you. If the girl dresses up a bit more whenever she’s around you and pays more attention to her hair and makeup, then she may be trying to impress you. If you’re just hanging out with her, or hanging out in a small group, but she spends a lot of time putting on lipstick or lip balm, looking at herself in the mirror, or just fidgeting with her clothes, then she may be trying to impress you.
- If you see her unexpectedly, and she’s dressed down a lot more, then she may be dressing up to impress you.
- If you see her at the grocery store or somewhere unexpected, and she makes a joke about how casual she looks, then she may be embarrassed that she’s not more dressed up for you.
- 7 Notice her body language. The girl’s body language can say a lot about how she feels about you. If she’s always making eye contact, leaning closer to you, and turning her body to you when you talk, then she may like you. Here are some other things to look for:
- If she plays with her hair when she talks to you, then this may mean that she’s nervous because she likes you.
- If she shifts her weight from foot to foot, she may be a bit nervous about talking to you too.
- If she breaks eye contact and looks at the floor once in a while, it may be because she likes you.
- 8 See how she acts around other guys. This is an important point. You may think the girl likes you, but it could turn out that she’s flirty, talkative, and playful around many guys. Some girls just have a lot of crushes on guys at once, or just like hanging out with guys – some even prefer hanging out with guys to hanging out with girls.
- Check out how the girl acts around other guys. If she’s the same way with everyone, then it’s just part of her personality.
- If she treats you differently, however, and pays more attention to you – or less attention, because she feels shy about talking to you – then she may have a crush on you.
- 1 See if she teases you. If the girl teases you, then it’s another sure-fire sign that she has a crush on you. Teasing is just one form of flirting, and it’s her way of letting you know she has a crush on you while being playful. If she teases you, then she’ll make fun of your clothes, playfully push or shove you, or even make fun of your hair or new shoes.
- See if she teases all of the guys, or just you. If she teases everyone, then she may just be a playful person. But if it’s just you, then you’re special to her.
- 2 Notice if she compliments you. If the girl is always giving you complements, then there’s a good chance she has a crush on you. If she tells you she likes your new shoes, that she liked your history presentation, or that you did great in the baseball game though all you did was strike out, then yeah, she probably has a crush on you.
- See if she’s the type of girl who is just really nice and gives everyone compliments, or if she only says flattering things to you. Who knows – maybe she’s just really, really nice. But probably not.
- If she compliments a new shirt or a new haircut, that means she notices when your wardrobe or looks change, which already is a strong sign that she has a crush on you.
- 3 See if she looks for every excuse to talk to you. If a girl has a crush on you, then she’ll try to talk to you as much as she can – unless she’s really shy. If you don’t have many mutual friends or other reasons to be around each other, she may come up and ask you an obvious question, like something about the math homework that she could have easily asked another friend.
- If she likes you, she may even try to talk to you about something she know that you love, like a sport or favorite TV show. She could come up to you just to ask if you saw last night’s game or to ask what you thought about the season finale of your favorite show. She could share your interests too, of course, but she could also be using them as an excuse to talk to you.
- 4 Notice if she asks if you like anyone. The girl may think she’s being subtle when she asks if you like anyone, or when she asks you if you’re going out with any girls this weekend, or asks if you have a crush on a specific girl, but you’ll be able to see right through her. If she’s asking if you have a crush on anyone, she’s really asking, “Do you like me ?”
- There’s only one other option – she could be asking if you like anyone because one of her friends like you and she’s acting as a go-between.
- If you tell her you don’t like anyone, and she says something like, “How can you not like anyone ?” “You must like someone,” Then she really wants you to tell her that you like her.
- Even the fact that she takes any interest in your love life shows that she has romantic feelings for you.
- 5 Notice what she says about any girls you hang out with. Does the girl subtly try to put down the other girls you hang out with? Does she mention that any girls you’ve dated in the past aren’t good enough for you? If so, then what she’s really saying is that she thinks she’s the one for you.
- It’s okay for her to be jealous before you start dating – just make sure it isn’t a problem if she does end up being your girlfriend.
- 6 See if she hints that she wants a boyfriend. She may think she’s just dropping a hint, but if she often says things like, “It would be cool to have a boyfriend,” or “being single is so not fun,” or “I wish I had a guy to go to the movies with,” then she’s basically asking you to be her boyfriend.
- There’s only one other option – that she wants to date one of your friends. But if she never asks about any of your friends, then chances are that she has her eye on you.
- 7 See what she says about other guys. If all she says about other guys is that this or that guy isn’t good enough, or that he isn’t nearly as great as you, then she’s basically saying that she has a crush on you. She may even say that she wished this or that guy possessed a certain quality – one that you have.
- If she says she wishes that a guy she went on a date with had a better sense of humor and she always praises your sense of humor, then she’s basically telling you that she wants to date you.
- If she’s always comparing you favorably to other guys, then she’s letting you know that she likes you more than any other guy around.
- 8 See if she calls or texts you a lot. If she’s always texting you or calling you, then chances are that she has a crush on you. If she sends you a lot of cute smiley face emoticons, or calls you just to say “hi” or for a dumb excuse like asking for the homework for a class that she could get from anyone, then she’s just looking for reasons to talk to you.
- If she texts you a smiley face or just a word like “hehe,” then she’s flirting with you.
- 1 Ask your friends. Your first resource should be your own buddies. Ask your friends if they’ve seen you and the girl together and ask their honest opinion about whether or not the girl has a crush on you. Your friends may have more perspective on whether the girl actually likes you, or if she’s just playful and flirtatious with everyone.
- Your guy friends may also know if the girl likes someone else instead of you. This could be helpful information before you try talking to the girl yourself.
- Just try not to ask anyone too chatty, or a guy who is very friendly with the girl. If you do, the guy may tell her that you asked, and he’ll blow your cover.
- 2 Ask her friends. Asking the girl’s friends if she likes you is basically as good as asking her yourself. But if you really trust one of her friends and don’t think she’ll report back to her friend, then go ahead and ask if the girl has a crush on you. Her friend will mostly likely know whether or not she likes you – it’ll just be a matter of whether or not she’ll tell you.
- Don’t make a big deal about it. Don’t reveal your feelings about the girl.
- 3 Ask her. If you like the girl too and want to know her true feelings, don’t be afraid to ask. Just find a time when you’re both relatively alone and in a quiet place, and ask her if she has a crush on you. If you like her, you can even tell her first that you have a crush on her and want to know if she likes you too.
- If she does admit she has a crush on you and you like her, then ask her out on a date and see where it takes you.
- If she says she doesn’t have a crush on you, react the right way. Don’t get all upset or offended – just play it cool and show her what a great guy you are.
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
- If you want to tell a girl you like her or ask her if she does, some girls wouldn’t like it if you confront them about it during lunch or class. Try somewhere more private.
- Don’t act like she’s from another planet. Don’t ignore her completely, either. Her heart will probably break.
- If you like her back and if the girl’s shy, you may have to make the first move.
Show More Tips Advertisement Article Summary X If you’re trying to figure out if a girl has a crush on you, start by paying attention to her actions and behavior around you. For example, if you catch her staring at you frequently, there’s a good chance she’s crushing on you.
- She may also blush whenever you’re around or giggle when you talk to her.
- If her friends giggle or elbow her whenever you’re around, that usually means she likes you and all of her friends are aware of it! Also, pay attention to how she talks to you.
- If she has a crush on you, she might lightly tease you, give you compliments, or lean closer to you when you’re chatting.
Looking for excuses to hang out is another giveaway. She might casually ask you for help with her math homework or invite you to check out a movie or concert with her sometime. For tips on asking her about her feelings, read on! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 1,344,988 times.
View complete answer
How to win girls heart in school?
Download Article Download Article Are you struggling everyday with watching the love of your life being flattered by other potential lovers, knowing that you yourself are the only one who loves her truly? Jealousy, hatred, and a feeling of loss might all come to life during this time. But what you really need to do is win that person’s heart. Read on to learn how.
- 1 Don’t come on too strong early. Let the relationship develop at its own pace. Coming on too strong early will almost certainly creep her out. Gradually get stronger feelings for her as you go on with the relationship together.
- 2 Be brave. Most girls like people with confidence, not an ego. Just walk up to her and start a simple conversation. She’ll get the hint that you are interested in her. Start with a simple conversation starter:
- “That’s a really nice dress. Where is it from?”
- “I’m sorry, I’m new here. Can you tell me where the library is?”
- “Hi, my name is, You look like you’re interesting to talk to. Do you mind if I steal a couple minutes of your time?”
- 3 Be around other girls. This is not the same thing as flirting with other girls, which is probably not a good move. Being around other girls tells the girl that you’re really interested in that other girls find you safe, reliable, and easy to be around. If you get other girls to indirectly vouch for you like this, you’ve made a big step.
- Make friends with her friends if it’s not too big of a step. We know that it can be overwhelming, but just try. If her friends like you, you’ll have a better chance of winning her over. After all, girls often turn to their friends for advice and for a second opinion. Make sure they have a high opinion of you.
- 4 Have good hygiene. Women take pride in smelling clean and looking kempt! That means if a man has good hygiene, it works really well on her. The opposite, bad hygiene, is usually an immediate deal-breaker. Believe it or not, fresh, clean-smelling hair is a really good thing. And, a fresh-smelling body is a must-have. Here are three things that you can do right now to improve your hygiene:
- Rain or shine, sweat or not, shower daily. If you can afford it, it’s better to be too-clean than not clean enough. Take pride in how clean you are and in smelling nice. Especially if you play sports, this step is a must.
- Shave or groom your facial hair daily. Most women like men who don’t carry facial hair: it’s prickly and unlikely to look good unless you’re an adult. So shave that stubble away every day.
- Use deodorant, not cologne. A lot of guys think they can “mask” the scent of their natural body odor with cologne. Instead, the BO and cologne just mixes together to create a very bad odor. Girls would rather not smell you at all than smell this cologne-creation. If you must spray on cologne, spray it on very lightly.
- 5 Make her laugh, You’ll get a lot further this way. But don’t take advantage of this. Let her be your best friend first, then ease into things. A girl needs to know that she can trust you, and that you’re not going to break her heart because you really do care about her. Advertisement
- 6 Be sincere. Compliments, flirting, teasing, carefulness – none of it matters unless you truly do care. When you do decide to compliment her, take time to reflect on what you like about her, summon up the courage to tell her, and be sincere.
- It’s okay to disagree with her, as long as you don’t threaten her, you respect her opinion, and you offer good reasons about why you believe differently. Who knows? She might even respect you more for speaking your mind, because it shows how much of an individual you are.
- 7 Prove that you really like her. Show that you’re not simply crushing or lusting for her. Ask her about herself, talk to her. Don’t just move in for the kiss. Listen to her and look her in the eye.
- 8 Compliment her. Complimenting a girl is tough: every person wants to feel good about themselves, but the right compliment is really hard to come by. Not only that, a little complimenting goes a long way. Pay attention to these guidelines when you’re ready to start showing you like her more than just a friend:
- Reinforce how she views herself. If she thinks of herself as an athlete, reinforce her competitive spirit or athletic skills. If she thinks of herself as a thinker, praise her smarts. Whatever she thinks of herself as, compliment that aspect of her the most.
- Stick with safe compliments about her personality. Don’t compliment her feminine areas, or too much about her looks; while girls want to feel pretty, they also want to feel like you respect them just as much for their smarts and personality. If you do want to compliment a girl on her looks, stick to these areas:
- Try out some compliments like these. They’re a rough sketch, so try to think of your own that are more appropriate for the occasion and the girl.
- “I’m sorry this is pretty awkward, but I get really nervous around pretty girls.”
- “Maybe you get this a lot, but I love the way your mind works.”
- “I like how the color of your eyes matches your dress. Does one of your parents also have blue eyes?”
- 1 Remember her eye color. Do this by looking at them as much as you can when you’re talking with her. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to do this for every woman you meet.
- 2 Practice flirting with her. You’ve probably started flirting with her a little bit by complimenting her and talking with her. Now it’s time to step it up a notch and really show her what your game is about.
- Whatever you do, visualize success and be confident. You can’t flirt if you’re not confident in your abilities to win her over. So do whatever gets you pumped up, or wait until you’ve scored the winning touchdown or won the science fair, and start flirting.
- Break the touch barrier. Gently start touching her in safe, non-threatening areas. Touch her hand lightly when you make a point or tell the kicker to a joke; rub her back quickly when you’re reassuring her about something; touch the top of her shoulder when you want to get her attention.
- Playfully tease her. Preferably, tease her about something that she’s confident about or good at, so that she knows that you’re teasing her instead of insulting her. If she’s great at school, for example, say something like “I wouldn’t want to be on a science project with you, because that means I’d be pulling all the slack.”
EXPERT TIP Connell Barrett is a Relationship Expert and the Founder and Executive Coach of Dating Transformation in New York City. Connell has over five years of experience as an international coach who helps men connect with women by unlocking their best, true, most confident selves. Don’t rush physical contact. A lot of guys will walk up to a girl and start touching her within just a minute or two. Instead, give her time to get comfortable around you before you touch her at all.
- 3 Don’t play games. It’s a waste of time and gets a relationship headed in the wrong direction. If you try to start a relationship on something false (like you say you’ve had a multi-year relationship yet you’ve never even had a girlfriend), that is most likely where you will end up.
- Don’t play hard to get unless you’re sure it’ll work. Believe it or not, some guys try to play hard to get. And most of the time, it fails because the girl misinterprets his distance for coldness.
- 4 Be reliable. Most girls want to have someone they can trust and turn to when something goes wrong. And even when she is having a good day, let her know you’re interested in how she’s doing. If you know that she has plans after work or school, ask her how it went. If you let on that you like her, she’ll eventually pick up on the hints. You don’t even have to come out and say it.
- If you say you’re going to do something, do it. If you talk the talk, be prepared to walk the walk. Girls (and guys, for that matter) hate it when people say they’ll do something but never follow through. Don’t be that guy.
- Polish your reputation. Don’t have the reputation of someone that she might not want to date. That means:
- Treating other girls nicely and not harassing them.
- Having good friends who are likely and willing to vouch for you when you need it.
- Being somebody who is generally well-liked, respected, and admired.
- 5 Let her wear your jacket if she’s cold. It makes an even bigger impression if you take it off of your back and give it to her to wear, but make sure it’s clean and smells decent. In doing this, you show a girl that you care about her. She will feel safe and cared for.
- 6 Be interested in who she is. Ask her about her day. It’s a simple way to show her that you are interested in what she does, and that you do care. When she starts to talk, you must give her your full attention. Look her in the eye. Most importantly, don’t interrupt. Ask her questions to show her that you were listening, and offer your opinion if you have one.
- 1 Share in her emotions. If she gets a perfect score on her math test, be cheerful about it! If she is having a bad day, let her know that you feel her pain and that you want her to feel better. Ask her if there is any way that you can make her feel better.
- If you know of a surefire way to cheer her up, use it when she’s down. Maybe she likes a special kind of fro-yo that’s only available two towns south. Maybe she’s excited about teddy-bears that they make her laugh. Whatever it is, go the extra mile to help show her what she means to you.
- 2 Love her for her quirks. Everyone has something they don’t like about the person they love, but if you have too many big things on that list, that’s trouble. You need to love her for the things that make her special, for her uniqueness. Tell her so.
- If she’s insecure about something, for example, you’d have a golden opportunity to make her feel better. Say something like: “I love your freckles. They really highlight your beauty.” A simple thing like that could boost her spirits and show her that you like her for the right reasons.
- Be especially careful about her insecurities. Most girls (and guys, too) are insecure about some aspect of their personality and/or looks. As you get to know her, you’ll probably come to know and understand that insecurity more. Don’t call attention to it, be forgiving of it, and encourage her to look at all the other traits that make her wonderful.
- 3 Make her feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. You can actually directly say that. Girls love to be complimented and to know that they are beautiful, but don’t overdo it, particularly in a new friendship. Just saying something like, “You look really nice today” will make her happy. As long as you’re sincere and mean it. If you are not, they will not trust your opinion on other things.
- 4 Develop great communication skills. Share interesting things that you’re thinking, or stories about people you’ve come across. You’ve probably asked a lot of questions about her, but maybe she doesn’t know all that much about you. Share the parts of yourself that you’re comfortable sharing, and maybe even the parts of yourself you’re still scared to reveal.
- If she’s shown parts of herself that are vulnerable, don’t be afraid to show her little bits of pieces of yourself that you’re vulnerable about, too.
- Put yourself in her shoes. What does she like talking about? How does she respond to criticism? What makes her different than other girls? What does she pride herself on? Answer these questions from her perspective and plan accordingly.
- 5 Ask her out on a date if you haven’t already. Getting to the date stage is the hardest part. Once you’ve gone on a few dates, you’ll find out pretty quickly whether she’s still the stuff of your dreams. But getting there can be difficult. Luckily, you’re confident, calm, and you have a plan:
- You don’t have to say it’s a date to ask her out. Things can get awkward if you call it a date. Instead, say something like: “Hey, so I got two tickets to that new movie on Saturday, and my friend bailed. Would you want to go?”
- Increases your chances of success on a date by doing something exciting, something that raises her heart rate. Maybe a haunted house, or a theme park with roller coasters, or a horror movie. Dates that are exciting have a better chance of promoting a bond between you two because you feel like you’ve been through something together.
- Be a gentleman. Open doors for her, be on time, pay for the date, and don’t expect a kiss on the first date. Move at her pace and make her feel comfortable. If you make her feel comfortable at every step, she should melt into your arms.
EXPERT TIP Connell Barrett is a Relationship Expert and the Founder and Executive Coach of Dating Transformation in New York City. Connell has over five years of experience as an international coach who helps men connect with women by unlocking their best, true, most confident selves. Make sure she’s ready before you try to kiss her. One common dating mistake that men make is what I call the lunge. They’re chatting with a woman or they’re on a date, and he’s afraid to make a move, so he barely flirts with her. Then, at the end of the night, he lunges in for a kiss abruptly, and it ends up being very awkward.
- 6 Let her know you love her, always. Love who she is, inside and out. And show it. This is the most important step. If she knows you love her she will be more keen on the relationship.
- Respect her above all else.
- Be playful. Tease her a little, and when she teases you come right back at her with something funny.
- Talk to her politely, especially when you two have a fight.
Show More Tips Advertisement
- Never talk about her behind her back, because she will find out.
- Never rebound with another girl straight after a relationship. If you have recently broken up with a girl, don’t get in a relationship too quickly with anyone afterward; this could show the girl that you never even loved her.
- If she says no, don’t keep trying. A no means no.
Advertisement Article Summary X If you want to win a girl’s heart, make sure to have good hygiene by showering every day, grooming your facial hair, and using deodorant. Avoid using cologne to cover up your body odor, which usually makes the smell worse.
When you’re talking with a girl you’re interested in, compliment her personality, not her looks. For example, if she thinks of herself as an academic, praise her smarts or studying abilities. As the two of you spend more time together, follow through on the promises you make. Otherwise, you might seem unreliable and she won’t want to be with you.
For more tips, like how to ask a girl out on a date, read on! Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 3,072,938 times.
View complete answer